Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope the safari zone has the hidden sections that Emerald had before beating the game. I want my Houndoom for the story.
That and combine the Mach and Acro bikes so you can swap between going fast and crossing those hop obstacles in the safari.

Or just give the option to mug the Bike Shop owner.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I wish there would be better prizes at the Mauville Game Corner

Also I want there to be a Game Corner not some terrible piece of crap like voltorb flip
Strangely, it's not prudish and easily offended Americans at fault for this but Europeans. I don't think the Game Corner will ever come back because it falls under the PEGI guidelines for "encouraging gambling"....aka getting an 18 rating. I really hope it comes back, but there's a strong chance it won't because of butthurt European parents who think it will corrupt the youth.

I'm salty that the Game Corner was removed in the NA release of HGSS even though it wasn't in NA Platinum....I don't really care about the game but buying coins to get prizes ASAP.

IDK MAN, maybe they'll be a part of Z/X2Y2. I'm just saying, no generation has gone without a non-cover legendary trio so I would assume its bound to happen.
A major reason Gen 3 is my least favorite is that legendaries became too common, and too integrated into the plot. That's why Gen VI was so good for me, it went back to a better time, and I hope they don't release more legendaries

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
I wonder how they'll handle the champion. Is it going to be Steven or Wallace?
Either way, both Metagross and Milotic could use a mega evolution.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
A major reason Gen 3 is my least favorite is that legendaries became too common, and too integrated into the plot. That's why Gen VI was so good for me, it went back to a better time, and I hope they don't release more legendaries
At least in Gen 3 capturing the main legendary wasn't mandatory. You could kill it, and move on with your life. Gen 6 comes around, nope, you have to catch it. Additionally, the Regi's were a fairly fun sidequest, while hunting down the legendary birds is just a pain in the ass.

At least in Gen 3 capturing the main legendary wasn't mandatory. You could kill it, and move on with your life. Gen 6 comes around, nope, you have to catch it. Additionally, the Regi's were a fairly fun sidequest, while hunting down the legendary birds is just a pain in the ass.
You do have a very good point, but I still resent the switch from "try to beat Blue because he's a jerk" to "SAVE THE WORLD!"

I only fought Team Rocket because they were in my way of becoming champion. Back with Red and Blue, it was your journey to become a Pokemon Master, whatever you thought that was (I just wanted to beat Blue, so that's what I did :D, my brother for instance wanted the pokedex, and some of my friends just wanted to get a Pikachu and beat the game with that), but it shifted to a prescripted stereotypical RPG (though it was clearly worst in BW).

Or maybe that's the nostalgia talking. Either way, these games have huge potential.

So excited :). I can't wait to 1.explore hoenn again.
2.Play in the pokemon contest
3.Listen to the beast music.
4. The elite four.(hopefully they make the second one look less like a boy this time)
5. The battle frontier >:).

You do have a very good point, but I still resent the switch from "try to beat Blue because he's a jerk" to "SAVE THE WORLD!"

I only fought Team Rocket because they were in my way of becoming champion. Back with Red and Blue, it was your journey to become a Pokemon Master, whatever you thought that was (I just wanted to beat Blue, so that's what I did :D, my brother for instance wanted the pokedex, and some of my friends just wanted to get a Pikachu and beat the game with that), but it shifted to a prescripted stereotypical RPG (though it was clearly worst in BW).

Or maybe that's the nostalgia talking. Either way, these games have huge potential.
It would be great if you could avoid fighting Archie in Sootopolis and just let nature take its course.

"When is it going to STOP RAINING?!!"

Last edited:
Alright, so when I got home around 15:00 or so and saw this, I was hyped.
Third gen is the only gen I never played (For various reasons) and as such, I held off until the remakes.
I was rewarded.
So now for my opinions.

Positive:
I'm looking forward to seeing some of the locales with the 3ds power. The soundtrack is bound to be ace, with live orchestra, and the eventual megas will be fun to use. Arceus be willing Battle Frontier returns along with secret bases and move tutors to make this game great.

Neutral: I wonder if the description on a Pokemon transferred from Hoenn to Sinnoh to Unova to Kalos to Hoenn again changes to "Returned home after a long journey" ? Does AZ have anything to do with Alpha and Omega? Will the rivals be better?

Negative: After X and Y, I'm worried about a few things. Mainly the framerate being ass (Which ruined triple and rotation battles for me...my favorite battle style) Hopefully this game can maintain a steady 30 fps. As well, I'm worried about a lack of 3D in the overworld, as X/Y gambled out of it. Also the lack of a substantial post-game will annoy me as well.

Finishing thoughts: I am hopeful for this game, but there are a few qualms that move me from optimistic to watchful. Still going to get Alpha Sapphire though.

Alright, so when I got home around 15:00 or so and saw this, I was hyped.
Third gen is the only gen I never played (For various reasons) and as such, I held off until the remakes.
I was rewarded.
So now for my opinions.

Positive:
I'm looking forward to seeing some of the locales with the 3ds power. The soundtrack is bound to be ace, with live orchestra, and the eventual megas will be fun to use. Arceus be willing Battle Frontier returns along with secret bases and move tutors to make this game great.

Neutral: I wonder if the description on a Pokemon transferred from Hoenn to Sinnoh to Unova to Kalos to Hoenn again changes to "Returned home after a long journey" ? Does AZ have anything to do with Alpha and Omega? Will the rivals be better?

Negative: After X and Y, I'm worried about a few things. Mainly the framerate being ass (Which ruined triple and rotation battles for me...my favorite battle style) Hopefully this game can maintain a steady 30 fps. As well, I'm worried about a lack of 3D in the overworld, as X/Y gambled out of it. Also the lack of a substantial post-game will annoy me as well.

Finishing thoughts: I am hopeful for this game, but there are a few qualms that move me from optimistic to watchful. Still going to get Alpha Sapphire though.
You bring up a good point, specifically on the rivals.

Could GF change major parts of the story? I know for sure rivals was one of the biggest flaws, so I personally hope they do

ASSUMING, Mega kyogre & Mega groudon, I hope that means the return of perma weather in ubers. It would be kind of boring if there abilities weren't buffed...cause kyogre needs choice scarf to water spout, and I'd like to use kingdra and kabutops in ubers again lol

I'm hoping for the possibility of Amie returning.
Gamefreak was clever enough to keep Eevee in every regional dex but this one.
Well played Gamefreak, now we have to get our Sylveons from XY.

Also, I'm thinking about how 3d diving is going to work out. The 3ds provides good visuals and the remake should make everything prettier. I'm hoping for a dark abyss with seaweed everywhere and pokemon in the overworld. Encountering Sharpedo will never be the same again.

To everyone who says that there cannot be any new Pokémon or Megas in these games due to them being incompatible with XY as a result, let me point out that:

Platinum gave us new forms of Rotom, Giratina, and Shaymin, which weren't in Diamond and Pearl.
HeartGold/SoulSilver gave us Spiky-Eared Pichu.
Black 2/White 2 gave us Black and White Kyurem. And new forms for Thundurus/Tornadus/Landorus.

As for changed moves/abilities/etc.,

This has happened before. Hypnosis went from 70 accuracy to 60 accuracy in the jump from DP to Pt.

I, for one, think that Groudon/Kyogre may get new versions of Drought/Drizzle that allow for permaweather, since otherwise the storyline of Ruby/Sapphire is kinda ruined. I mean "OH NOEZ! TEAM MAGMA SUMMONED GROUDON AND WERE LOSIN ALL OUR WATER. HELP US!!!" kinda loses impact when you can just say "Oh, just wait a while, it'll fade eventually.".

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You bring up a good point, specifically on the rivals.

Could GF change major parts of the story? I know for sure rivals was one of the biggest flaws, so I personally hope they do
I don't think they would change much, besides maybe a few locations. The overall game is Aqua VS. Magma in a battle to control water/land. There's not a lot there that they could change imo.

And eh. Rivals weren't the best but I thought they were fine, especially with Wally before you go into Victory Road. I think battling your rival under the bridge was the hardest battle as far as rivals, though. I never win on my first time :(
ASSUMING, Mega kyogre & Mega groudon, I hope that means the return of perma weather in ubers. It would be kind of boring if there abilities weren't buffed...cause kyogre needs choice scarf to water spout, and I'd like to use kingdra and kabutops in ubers again lol
Tbh I don't think they're going to change the game mechanics for this game. I think perma is gone for now and that's that.

I, for one, think that Groudon/Kyogre may get new versions of Drought/Drizzle that allow for permaweather, since otherwise the storyline of Ruby/Sapphire is kinda ruined. I mean "OH NOEZ! TEAM MAGMA SUMMONED GROUDON AND WERE LOSIN ALL OUR WATER. HELP US!!!" kinda loses impact when you can just say "Oh, just wait a while, it'll fade eventually.".
I really don't think this would happen. Unless they are the only two special Pokemon to get perma weather, they're not going to change it. And besides, they wouldn't do that. That's a battle effect, not a game-life effect. It would obviously be perma because it's not like they're having a battle.

Welp:
"Game in 2D. Some areas also available in 3D."
This doesn't bode well for the framerate and sucks for the aethistics

yeah they could have mega drizzle and mega drought and bring perma weather

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It'd be nice if the rivals were more involved with the story. Like May/Brendan help you fight in Team Aqua's base or the Weather Institute, and Wally helps you fight in Team Magma's base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)