Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, I (think) I'm getting delay 3957 but I need 3960. I got the odd # delay with my LG cart in the DS. If I just take it out, it should be at even frames now, right?

EDIT: yay 40000th post in this thread
I think you have to remove it, turn it on, try again and then reinsert the cart or insert another one and turn it on again, that does the trick IIRC.

Well, I got frustrated over not being able to find the seed I was hitting, so I had a bit of trade work done, and determined I was hitting 3936 as my delay. No problem, just adjust Eontimer.

However, there's a new problem. When I actually picked up Chimchar and figured out what delay I had hit, it turned out that his IV spread was generated on frame 15, not frame 1. I was as quick as you could be for picking up the starters, so I have no clue how the frame advanced that far. What can I do now?

Question about my target frame:
PID: b074a070 (NAIVE, ability 0) 31/31/31/30/31/31 (Seed: 200802d4 Method 1: 252, J (synch): 219, J (no synch): 237, K (synch): 219, K (no synch): 241) HP ELECTRIC 70

Okay, I'm planning to use a naive synchronize pokemon on a mewtwo and the RNG reporter says that I can try hitting 219 frame (On my Heartgold).

I'm trying to find a way to advance the frames faster and according to this link, it says "Oak's Pokemon Talk, in the upper right on the radio, is supposed to advance up to 14-18 frames, and is what I should use if you want to hit very large frames." and it says "Because of the inconsistent frame advances with Oak's show, it's recommended to play it safe. If you were going for frame 210, you'd do 210/18 = 11 toggles to that station (always divide by 18). At this point we don't know what frame we're on but we're on at least frame 11x14=154. So do 5-10 Elm/Irwin calls and see if you can find a match. Once you do, do not advance through Pokemon Talk again"

But I'm kind of confused. What should I do? Do I start by counting the number of times I use the radio with 18 frames or 14 frames each?

Or better yet, how exactly do I know how many frames I've advanced with the radio?

EDIT:
What would you do if you were trying to hit this target frame?

Question about my target frame:
PID: b074a070 (NAIVE, ability 0) 31/31/31/30/31/31 (Seed: 200802d4 Method 1: 252, J (synch): 219, J (no synch): 237, K (synch): 219, K (no synch): 241) HP ELECTRIC 70

Okay, I'm planning to use a naive synchronize pokemon on a mewtwo and the RNG reporter says that I can try hitting 219 frame (On my Heartgold).

I'm trying to find a way to advance the frames faster and according to this link, it says "Oak's Pokemon Talk, in the upper right on the radio, is supposed to advance up to 14-18 frames, and is what I should use if you want to hit very large frames." and it says "Because of the inconsistent frame advances with Oak's show, it's recommended to play it safe. If you were going for frame 210, you'd do 210/18 = 11 toggles to that station (always divide by 18). At this point we don't know what frame we're on but we're on at least frame 11x14=154. So do 5-10 Elm/Irwin calls and see if you can find a match. Once you do, do not advance through Pokemon Talk again"

But I'm kind of confused. What should I do? Do I start by counting the number of times I use the radio with 18 frames or 14 frames each?

Or better yet, how exactly do I know how many frames I've advanced with the radio?
I always hated to use the radio in my RNGs. I just used Chatots, since at least that way I would know how many frame advancements I did.
If you still wanna hit frame 219 with the radio, do 219/18 times to listen to the radio. Meaning drag the cursor to and from the radio station without hitting another station 219/18 times. Afterwards, do Elm/Irwin calls, and see in the main window of RNG reporter if you can find where you are :)

I always hated to use the radio in my RNGs. I just used Chatots, since at least that way I would know how many frame advancements I did.
If you still wanna hit frame 219 with the radio, do 219/18 times to listen to the radio. Meaning drag the cursor to and from the radio station without hitting another station 219/18 times. Afterwards, do Elm/Irwin calls, and see in the main window of RNG reporter if you can find where you are :)
If you get some kind of lost in that process, using that part of the radio advances my frame for 13/14 frames each time, and not 14/18. It's pretty easy to use. :)
okay? are there number of frames that are advanced by the radio random? or how exactly do I know what frames that I'm on. The RNG reporter that I'm using doesn't show me what elm call that I'm on after I see my first 11 calls of target seed/delay, does it? If it does, how do I do that?

Last edited:
As stated in this thread, the radio advances random between 14 and 18 frames. I found out it's 13 or 14 frames instead. Just do 209 / 18 if you want to be sure, but my guess will be that you will end up around frame 153 - 164.
Got it. But how exactly do I know what frames that I'm on. The RNG reporter that I'm using doesn't show me what elm call that I'm on after I see my first 11 calls of target seed/delay, does it? If it does, how do I do that?

okay? are there number of frames that are advanced by the radio random? or how exactly do I know what frames that I'm on. The RNG reporter that I'm using doesn't show me what elm call that I'm on after I see my first 11 calls of target seed/delay, does it? If it does, how do I do that?
You copy your seed into the main window of RNG reporter, check the appropriate boxes and generate :) there you will see all the elm calls :)

You copy your seed into the main window of RNG reporter, check the appropriate boxes and generate :) there you will see all the elm calls :)
Sigh..... Yes, I know that. But you still didn't answer my question. -_-

I'm asking after I found the elm calls that I'm on (which is on the RNG Reporter), how do I what call is next that are not showing on the RNG reporter?

I mean is there a way to see what is the next call that comes after the last elm call on any of the list of elm calls (on the rng reporter) that are not showing on the Generate?

Last edited:
Sigh..... Yes, I know that. But you still didn't answer my question. -_-

I'm asking after I found the elm calls that I'm on (which is on the RNG Reporter), how do I what call is next that are not showing on the RNG reporter?

I mean is there a way to see what is the next call that comes after the last elm call on any of the list of elm calls (on the rng reporter) that are not showing on the Generate?
That's what I answered.. You're looking at the seed to time window right? Copy the seed into the main window of RNG reporter. Set the max results frames up to what your wanted frame is. Enter if you have a synchronizer. Then generate. Do not enter any natures etc here, or IVs. You'll be able to see what ELM/Irwin call is for what frame.

As stated in this thread, the radio advances random between 14 and 18 frames. I found out it's 13 or 14 frames instead. Just do 209 / 18 if you want to be sure, but my guess will be that you will end up around frame 153 - 164.
That's what I answered.. You're looking at the seed to time window right? Copy the seed into the main window of RNG reporter. Set the max results frames up to what your wanted frame is. Enter if you have a synchronizer. Then generate. Do not enter any natures etc here, or IVs. You'll be able to see what ELM/Irwin call is for what frame.
Hmmmm..... If I can't figure out how many frames it will advance, then I wonder what will happened if I used my math skills and my calculation skills by doing this?

209/ 18 = 11.6…..

18 x 11 = 198 + 10 = 208 + 10 = 218 + 1 = 219

17 x 12 = 204 + 10 = 214 + 4 = 218 + 1 = 219

16 x 13 = 208 + 10 = 218 + 1 = 219

15 x 14 = 210 + 8 = 218 + 1 = 219

14 x 15 = 210 + 8 = 218 + 1 = 219

13 x 16 = 208 + 10 = 218 + 1 = 219

(After taking advice and suggestions from you two plus the answers that you've given me)

10 frames for checking the elm calls
198/204/208/210 frames for using the radio channel
10/4/8 frames for using extra elm calls to advance
1 frame by clicking on mewtwo

Do you think that will work?

EDIT:
P.S. - Sorry for deleting and reposting. I have my reasons for doing it.
1.) To avoid double posting
2.) the post I deleted might sound negative and unnecessary.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Right, I'll walk you through it step by step.

1. Setup your RNG Reporter. I don't know how the newest RNG Reporter works for 4th gen captures, but I use version 8.31 for every 4th gen RNG abuse I do. Either way, make sure you have your seed in the right position, the correct method and syncer.

2. When you hit your delay and you have checked using the Elm Calls, note which answer he gave last and make sure you know which frame that is. Not that hard.

3. Now you know your target frame, and your current frame. Assuming you did 10 calls, will bring you to frame 10. As you said your target frame is 219. The total amount of frame advancements you have to do is 219 - 1 - 10 = 208.

4. You can advance your frame in different ways. I use the radio, Elena90 used Chatter, which also works perfect. If you choose Chatter, you will have to do 208 Chatters in this case. No need to check anything, do 208 Chatters and encounter the Pokémon you're RNG abusing. If you use the radio, divide your ammount of frame advancements by 14. Every time you switch to your radio, it will advance 13 or 14 frames. 209 / 14 = 14. When you did this, you will probably not be at frame 208, or 207, or 206, but a bit further off. When you did 14 radio switches, you will be on a frame between 192 and 206. Now you start calling Elm again, to see on which frame you are.

5. Keep doing so until you reach frame 218 and encounter your Pokémon.

Right, I'll walk you through it step by step.

1. Setup your RNG Reporter. I don't know how the newest RNG Reporter works for 4th gen captures, but I use version 8.31 for every 4th gen RNG abuse I do. Either way, make sure you have your seed in the right position, the correct method and syncer.

2. When you hit your delay and you have checked using the Elm Calls, note which answer he gave last and make sure you know which frame that is. Not that hard.

3. Now you know your target frame, and your current frame. Assuming you did 10 calls, will bring you to frame 10. As you said your target frame is 219. The total amount of frame advancements you have to do is 219 - 1 - 10 = 208.

4. You can advance your frame in different ways. I use the radio, Elena90 used Chatter, which also works perfect. If you choose Chatter, you will have to do 208 Chatters in this case. No need to check anything, do 208 Chatters and encounter the Pokémon you're RNG abusing. If you use the radio, divide your ammount of frame advancements by 14. Every time you switch to your radio, it will advance 13 or 14 frames. 209 / 14 = 14. When you did this, you will probably not be at frame 208, or 207, or 206, but a bit further off. When you did 14 radio switches, you will be on a frame between 192 and 206. Now you start calling Elm again, to see on which frame you are.

5. Keep doing so until you reach frame 218 and encounter your Pokémon.
Hey Guys, Thank you for your time and for trying to help, But I have trying this for hours and hours and I can't seem to hit my target frame. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, even I tried just doing elm calls all the way to 218 frames for 30 minutes to hit the frame, but I'm just going have to try a different IV spread. :(

I do appreciate you guys helping btw. Besides, it's the thought that counts. ;)

Albus

The Triumphant
I have a couple of questions:

-Is it safe to download eepid.exe and Spinda Painter? cuz my Anti virus blocks the page (pokemon.thundaga.com) every single time I try to download those programs, and the site is listed by the anti virus as a "site with potentially dangerous content" so idk.

-If I use a flash cart to try to RNG abuse in Platinum or HG, will i have some kind of anomaly in the RNG abusing process because I'm using a flash cart? Or is it like abusing on a normal retail cart?

I have a couple of questions:

-Is it safe to download eepid.exe and Spinda Painter? cuz my Anti virus blocks the page (pokemon.thundaga.com) every single time I try to download those programs, and the site is listed by the anti virus as a "site with potentially dangerous content" so idk.

-If I use a flash cart to try to RNG abuse in Platinum or HG, will i have some kind of anomaly in the RNG abusing process because I'm using a flash cart? Or is it like abusing on a normal retail cart?
1) I'm not sure, I haven't used those programs for years so I can't say if they're safe to download.

2) Well, the only anomaly I had on flashcart is that the delays were significantly lower compared to my retail ones, like if I were to use delay 495-600, they were at 250-300+ on my flashcart. But it wouldn't hurt using the same delay, since it would just adjust on its own when you input delay hit, right?

Albus

The Triumphant
1) I'm not sure, I haven't used those programs for years so I can't say if they're safe to download.

2) Well, the only anomaly I had on flashcart is that the delays were significantly lower compared to my retail ones, like if I were to use delay 495-600, they were at 250-300+ on my flashcart. But it wouldn't hurt using the same delay, since it would just adjust on its own when you input delay hit, right?
Oh, is that the only anomaly? then I doubt I'll have problems with my flash cart (with just a couple of "Delay Hit" imputs every time I RNG for the first time in a file I'm set for the rest of my RNGing adventure so np). Thanks (for the 900th time) Mackenzie!

I still have my doubt about pokemon.thundaga.com though. Does anyone else know why is that a "potentially dangerous site" by my anti virus?

The last two times I've tried to RNG on my Pearl version, I've been able to hit my delay (or have had some crazy coincidence where the delay I was going for matched up with my coin flips), but have not been able to find anything resembling the Chatot pitches listed on my seed.

I'm on version 9.96.5, so has something changed from past versions, or has anyone had this kind of experience before?

The last two times I've tried to RNG on my Pearl version, I've been able to hit my delay (or have had some crazy coincidence where the delay I was going for matched up with my coin flips), but have not been able to find anything resembling the Chatot pitches listed on my seed.

I'm on version 9.96.5, so has something changed from past versions, or has anyone had this kind of experience before?
Chatot pitches are one the most difficult methods of verification. There's a considerable chance that you were mistaken on determining the pitch.

Chatot pitches are one the most difficult methods of verification. There's a considerable chance that you were mistaken on determining the pitch.
I'm not too sure about that because I once lost my spot in White 2 while RNGing something on like frame 4600, so I scrolled ahead to my target and just listened through thousands of pitches until I heard the 5 consecutive pitches I was listening for. Even if I just catch the Pokemon after verifying my frame, the spread doesn't match anything listed on the frame.

Ehm, I was wondering whether or not RNGed Pokemon remain legitimate and transferable if you trade them on a date before the date you had to set your DS to in order to RNG/catch/breed them. Does anyone know if it does?

So, I want to have go at RNG on my old Emerald cart.
Will the fact that the internal battery has run dry prevent me from hitting shiny frames? I'm pretty sure it won't but want to make sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)