Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not following this logic. If HGSS had Lugia and Ho-oh on the cover, allowed us to capture both and also included Crystals storyline then what makes you so sure that the same thing can't happen with these games?
Sorry, I didn't express myself very well.

In all three of those games (GSC) you could catch all the legends. Ruby and Sapphire were the first to feature version exclusive legends. HGSS featured the Suicune aspect of Crystal but in HG you got Ho-Oh first in SS you got Lugia just as in the originals. If ORAS follows Emerald's storyline, shouldn't the games be Emerald remakes not Ruby and Sapphire ones? One of the big things of Ruby and Sapphire was you could only catch Groudon or Kyogre. Despite Emerald having the better and more complete plot, I can't see you getting both legends in the same game.

so last night when this was first announced, i was on my ipad and felt that the groudon and kyogre on the cover were different enough from the regular ones to make me think mega-k / mega-g, but now that i'm seeing it in on a bigger screen, it just looks slightly different, and the biggest difference is just the glowing bits, so now i'm thinking just an 'omega groundon forme' and 'alpha kyogre forme' or something if there's even anything at all (but it's probably just something to make the cover look snazzy, and we're looking too into it).

Layell sorry, i saw lots of people doing similar things and thought it was ok lol ;~;

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Steven to be champion is likely, but I feel that they are going to nerf him or possibly the Elite Four because of the new generation of gamers. The Elite four of XY were a joke. I want to seriously rage at Glacia's Walrein or Sidney's Mightyena, that Sand-Attack spamming Mightyena.

Also, old rotation of the Elite Four?
Nah, I think they'll keep Steven. Definitely a great champion. Wallace was a joke.

And I hope that they keep the rotation, and throw out the self-chosen path of the E4. Definitely something I wouldn't like to see in the remakes, but hey, they will most likely use that.
I'm not following this logic. If HGSS had Lugia and Ho-oh on the cover, allowed us to capture both and also included Crystal's storyline then what makes you so sure that the same thing can't happen with these games?
I think he means that in Emerald you could get all three, but you can only get Rayquaza and the main legendary.

Unless I'm reading this wrong.
I said am I pretty sure this will not take place in Hoenn, because they said it was a new dramatic story blabla or something like that
(and don't forget the Kalos Guy babbling about another region).
But someone else showed it was trailer jargon, so nvm (and why are you replying so disrespectful? Sheesh no wonder people talk about smogon mods and admins like they are assholes. That isn't true, but someone could use that as evidence :()

Although I'm pretty sure they will add something to Hoenn, like "Sevii islands" or "Safari Zone" in Soulsilver. Other Crazy theories: Zygarde Groudon Kyogre Fusion, Megastones are the Blue/Red Orbs, Game mechanic wise Level 200 is possible.
lol dude calm down.

And I don't see why they would raise the level cap to 200. It would make things crazy ridiculous and I don't see them wanting to raise it for any logical reason. The orbs being mega stones is eh. Could be. But fusion?? Definitely not.

so last night when this was first announced, i was on my ipad and felt that the groudon and kyogre on the cover were different enough from the regular ones to make me think mega-k / mega-g, but now that i'm seeing it in on a bigger screen, it just looks slightly different, and the biggest difference is just the glowing bits, so now i'm thinking just an 'omega groundon forme' and 'alpha kyogre forme' or something if there's even anything at all (but it's probably just something to make the cover look snazzy, and we're looking too into it).

Layell sorry, i saw lots of people doing similar things and thought it was ok lol ;~;
Tbh I don't think alpha and omega have anything to do with the formes. There wasn't a "Diamon Dialga" forme (although there is a possibility because of Black Kyurem but hey who knows). Imho I don't think it will matter though.

For the postgame, maybe they'll do something like they did in HGSS, and make it so you can catch Reshiram/Zekrom (each being version exclusive, of course) in a cave somewhere, and when you talk to someone while have both in your party, they'll give you something that you can use to confront Kyurem. Also, once you catch all 3 of the Regi Trio, you could take them back to the room in the Sealed Chamber where you'd open their caves, and an opening appears in the wall that had the Braille on it, and you could go in and battle Regigigas. That's just me, though.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
For the postgame, maybe they'll do something like they did in HGSS, and make it so you can catch Reshiram/Zekrom (each being version exclusive, of course) in a cave somewhere, and when you talk to someone while have both in your party, they'll give you something that you can use to confront Kyurem. Also, once you catch all 3 of the Regi Trio, you could take them back to the room in the Sealed Chamber where you'd open their caves, and an opening appears in the wall that had the Braille on it, and you could go in and battle Regigigas. That's just me, though.
I'd say it's very possible. They did something like this with Giratina (heck, a better example would be BW2 with literally everything else (Heatran, Cress, etc.)).

Game Freak seems to be emphasizing that these games are "new" in a way not including their release date and graphics. Maybe this is a sequel, which would keep the unofficial canon intact. Also why would there be megas in the remake hoenn and not the old one. So I think this game could take place after the old one.

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Game Freak seems to be emphasizing that these games are "new" in a way not including their release date and graphics. Maybe this is a sequel, which would keep the unofficial canon intact. Also why would there be megas in the remake hoenn and not the old one. So I think this game could take place after the old one.
Thing is when they made FRLG there were new items and Pokemon and types which were never there. FRLG also had some story differences like how they made a base in the Sevi Islands. They could just simply make the Mega Stones located after the story as well from a Sycamore's assistant from Kalos.

Tbh I don't think alpha and omega have anything to do with the formes. There wasn't a "Diamon Dialga" forme (although there is a possibility because of Black Kyurem but hey who knows). Imho I don't think it will matter though.
i was just thinking that, this is a remake, so like in platinum how giratina and shaymin got new formes, in BW how kyurem/zechrom/reshiram got new formes, etc., groudon and kyogre might as well, but yeah, i'm not saying definitively that either. i'm just speculating that if the cover art is hinting at something, it's probably a new forme and not a mega (after i've had a better look at it). omega/alpha was just the only way i could think to title them. there's not a lot to go on at this point to really, so there's so much that's speculation lol ;~;

Really, based on the patterns on kyogre/groudon on the box art, it reminds me of the anime, when pikachu got the red orb inside of him and he became insane with those same patterns. Maybe the red/blue orbs will become actual items, and team magma/aqua will use these to bring out the full power of the legends like in the originals, but they get engulfed within the legends and bring out their new powerful forms, and it's your job to stop them. The items themselves might just be exclusive to that pokemon and powers them up (like adamant orb for dialga). Just some of my thoughts.

Haven't been back since the pre-release of XY, so I thought now would be a good time. Really glad to see Cobraroll giving great inputs, as usual.

Anyways, I don't see why Plusle and Minun can't get mevos, if Gamefreak wants to, and they think that it is a good idea for business, they will. "But--- but-- Plusle and Minun are meant to be used together! They can't both get mega evolutions because then what's the point?!"

Multi-Battles

Now, I.... want to believe that ORAS isn't going to be set in the same timeline as RSE, whether it be before or after is WAY too early to say

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hm... Im not sure if calling it a sequel is the right word. I think calling it an expanded plot would work better. If you look back, every game already had a sequel. In this case, it was emerald. As of yet, no game has a sequel to a sequel although you never know. (I dont count yellow since fr/lg were not based off that game)

And I dont think theres anything wrong with adding megas in the new version when they didnt exist in the old version. Its all part of the expanded plot imo.

Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't express myself very well.

In all three of those games (GSC) you could catch all the legends. Ruby and Sapphire were the first to feature version exclusive legends. HGSS featured the Suicune aspect of Crystal but in HG you got Ho-Oh first in SS you got Lugia just as in the originals. If ORAS follows Emerald's storyline, shouldn't the games be Emerald remakes not Ruby and Sapphire ones? One of the big things of Ruby and Sapphire was you could only catch Groudon or Kyogre. Despite Emerald having the better and more complete plot, I can't see you getting both legends in the same game.
I can see what you're saying but I think it's safe to say that as remakes we will see a few tweaks wherever necessary. GF wouldn't advertise these as emerald remakes because they "need" to have two versions on the market. RS are the base of gen III just as GS are the base of gen II.

GF stuffed the HGSS remakes full of legends that were not present in the original versions. Mewtwo, the birds, Dialga/Palkia, and so on. While there is no guarantee that they will do the same here it wouldn't be much of a stretch to allow us to capture the other cover legend at some point. An example scenario would be that we still see the scene between Kyogre and Groudon, Rayqauza quells the beasts and then you catch your cover legend in its "weakened" state and go on to catch the other two after the end game.

I would be quite surprised if we couldn't catch all three and I'm betting that some others such as Deoxys, Jirachi and possibly Manaphy show up as well. We might even see Lugia, Ho-oh and Mew again if they want to mirror that old RSE event.

Also as spirit said on IRC the event legends might be released sooner than expected because they never stay unreleased till 3rd game (bar gen IV arceus)
Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but while Arceus was the only event legend that wasn't released until the 3rd game, Deoxys wasn't released until 5 months after FR/LG came out, and Genesect wasn't released until 2 months after B2/W2. There really isn't anything to suggest we'll be getting Hoopa and Volcanion before or during ORAS being released, especially since the Diancie event is apparently going to be active until the end of September.

Also, to annoy Hozu, HG/SS used the exact same Battle Frontier as Platinum, and B2/W2 used the exact same Battle Subway as B1/W1...things aren't looking too good for the Emerald Battle Frontier showing up in ORAS.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
See, this is a good theory, but looking back at the remakes we've had before, its the same thing, just altered slightly. And there's nothing that says we can't access the Megas post-game.

Also, to annoy Hozu, HG/SS used the exact same Battle Frontier as Platinum, and B2/W2 used the exact same Battle Subway as B1/W1...things aren't looking too good for the Emerald Battle Frontier showing up in ORAS.
This makes me :(

I can see what you're saying but I think it's safe to say that as remakes we will see a few tweaks wherever necessary. GF wouldn't advertise these as emerald remakes because they "need" to have two versions on the market. RS are the base of gen III just as GS are the base of gen II.

GF stuffed the HGSS remakes full of legends that were not present in the original versions. Mewtwo, the birds, Dialga/Palkia, and so on. While there is no guarantee that they will do the same here it wouldn't be much of a stretch to allow us to capture the other cover legend at some point. An example scenario would be that we still see the scene between Kyogre and Groudon, Rayqauza quells the beasts and then you catch your cover legend in its "weakened" state and go on to catch the other two after the end game.

I would be quite surprised if we couldn't catch all three and I'm betting that some others such as Deoxys, Jirachi and possibly Manaphy show up as well. We might even see Lugia, Ho-oh and Mew again if they want to mirror that old RSE event.
You do have a good point. Maybe Magman/Aqua make Omega/Alpha versions of the legends and we can only capture the legend in it's true form. Though that sounds like something out of a bad fan-made game.

If it's a remake, they should have the Emerald Frontier. It's not and it's a sequel like some people theorise, I could see the Platinum one showing up. But Johto never had a BF to begin with so it would've been easy enough to copy and paste the Platinum one. Since Hoenn did and it's a remake, makes sense to include the Hoenn one. If Kalos had a Battle Frontier then expect that one. Might mean we get a Battle Chateau or Maison in ORAS

I honestly don't think it matters if there's some small changes like megas are now available. When Emerald was released, it contradicted a lot of the canon of R/S. Heck, there's still no confirmed Canon for BW, as the games completely contradicted which hero you were and which N was. I don't think most endgame content can be described as canon either, because the protagonist from BW is clearly not the champion in B2W2, Mewtwo is still clearly not captured in HGSS, and N clearly still has his dragon in B2W2.

Basically, any changes they make that supposedly violates canon are easy to excuse

Top 5 thing I would like to see in the new games
  • New Mega's: This would be pretty cool and I mean its something that should have to happen because there are still some Pokemon that deserves a Mega out there.
  • New story line: Since this is a re-make, the game will be obviously similar to the original game, but I would like to see maybe a change of plot of the story line or at least different types of events that they don't have in the original game. Hopefully they make the story line longer or I found interesting an after story similar to the story line of B2W2's after B&W came.
  • New extra's/Areas: This would be pretty cool because after you beat the main part of the game, you could still explore new areas and still be having fun!
  • Pokemon following you: Since the Pokemon sprites are 3D, this would be a great opportunity for Game Freak to take a huge success into making Pokemon following your character to wherever you go.
  • Pokemon Wifi battle contest's: I just wanted to throw this in here because this could be interesting to many people, but its not something that I'm expecting Game Freak to do. It would be cool though.
Opinions? :P

I honestly don't think it matters if there's some small changes like megas are now available. When Emerald was released, it contradicted a lot of the canon of R/S. Heck, there's still no confirmed Canon for BW, as the games completely contradicted which hero you were and which N was. I don't think most endgame content can be described as canon either, because the protagonist from BW is clearly not the champion in B2W2, Mewtwo is still clearly not captured in HGSS, and N clearly still has his dragon in B2W2.

Basically, any changes they make that supposedly violates canon are easy to excuse
Emerald is, essentially the "proper" version of RSE. In BW/BW2 you're supposed to follow Black 1 into Black 2 for example where N's Dragon is consistent. But BW suck and suck harder as sequels.

• New Mega's: This would be pretty cool and I mean its something that should have to happen because there are still some Pokemon that deserves a Mega out there. Agreed
  • New story line: Since this is a re-make, the game will be obviously similar to the original game, but I would like to see maybe a change of plot of the story line or at least different types of events that they don't have in the original game. Hopefully they make the story line longer or I found interesting an after story similar to the story line of B2W2's after B&W came. Just depends on what happens with Groudon and Kyogre I guess. Chance of being a sequel is interesting
  • New extra's/Areas: This would be pretty cool because after you beat the main part of the game, you could still explore new areas and still be having fun! Sevi Islands? Easy accsess to Birth Island / Navel Rock?
  • Pokemon following you: Since the Pokemon sprites are 3D, this would be a great opportunity for Game Freak to take a huge success into making Pokemon following your character to wherever you go. agreed,
  • Pokemon Wifi battle contest's: I just wanted to throw this in here because this could be interesting to many people, but its not something that I'm expecting Game Freak to do. It would be cool though. I would love this. Even more so if it was just like RSE Contests
Thoughts in Bold Underline

• New Mega's: This would be pretty cool and I mean its something that should have to happen because there are still some Pokemon that deserves a Mega out there.
  • New story line: Since this is a re-make, the game will be obviously similar to the original game, but I would like to see maybe a change of plot of the story line or at least different types of events that they don't have in the original game. Hopefully they make the story line longer or I found interesting an after story similar to the story line of B2W2's after B&W came.
  • New extra's/Areas: This would be pretty cool because after you beat the main part of the game, you could still explore new areas and still be having fun!
  • Pokemon following you: Since the Pokemon sprites are 3D, this would be a great opportunity for Game Freak to take a huge success into making Pokemon following your character to wherever you go.
  • Pokemon Wifi battle contest's: I just wanted to throw this in here because this could be interesting to many people, but its not something that I'm expecting Game Freak to do. It would be cool though.
I really want new megas, and Pokemon following you. Personally it wouldn't make sense to me not to include new megas due to how large of a role they now play in Pokemon. As much as I want it, I doubt we will get Pokemon following us though:( it would be really cool though if every Pokemon had a surfing sprite like lapras in xy due to how much surfing is done in the game

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
New story line: Since this is a re-make, the game will be obviously similar to the original game, but I would like to see maybe a change of plot of the story line or at least different types of events that they don't have in the original game. Hopefully they make the story line longer or I found interesting an after story similar to the story line of B2W2's after B&W came.
Nah. I think they should do a remake of the whole thing, and add on to the post-game stuff. Reliving RSE would be amazing, and then having a completely new adventure afterwards would be even better, especially considering the post-game for the regulars was kinda short if you didn't like the Battle Frontier.

New extra's/Areas: This would be pretty cool because after you beat the main part of the game, you could still explore new areas and still be having fun!
And I hope they add more/bigger secret bases. That would be great. And with WiFi, you ould actually have people in them.

Pokemon following you: Since the Pokemon sprites are 3D, this would be a great opportunity for Game Freak to take a huge success into making Pokemon following your character to wherever you go.
Eh. It would be cool, but I doubt they'd do it. If there is some way, though, I would definitely be a supporter.

Pokemon Wifi battle contest's: I just wanted to throw this in here because this could be interesting to many people, but its not something that I'm expecting Game Freak to do. It would be cool though.
What do you mean? I thought that the autumn friendly and such covered this.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
To add to my last post, then again, bw2 had a much different story compared to bw1. I dont think any other sequel game changed up the story as much as bw2 did. So I guess its possible that they may greatly change up the story from emerald's story as well.

Also, I honestly dont think having pokemon follow you around would be all that great. In HG/SS, everything was made of sprites so the proportions between landmarks and people did not matter as much. (Unless you think that rivaling the size of that sunken ship is normal) With 3D models though, they would have to make everything their appropriate size. While that would be no problem with your smaller pokemon, when it comes to the bigger pokemon like steelix or pokemon who cant travel on land like wailord, it would look really weird if you know what I mean.

It even looks weird in sprites lol

Last edited:
Emerald is, essentially the "proper" version of RSE. In BW/BW2 you're supposed to follow Black 1 into Black 2 for example where N's Dragon is consistent. But BW suck and suck harder as sequels.
I was just saying that making claims certain things cannot happen because of "canon" is completely unfounded. Canon in pokemon is a very fluid concept and isn't a huge priority in the eyes of Game Freak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)