Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
"The Japanese arm of The Pokémon Company sent out an e-mail to all Daisuki Club members which ends up pointing out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art, stating that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal, indicating that they are more than stylised artwork of the Pokémon. We'll bring more on this as it comes,"
Link or it's fake.

I personally don't think that new Megas for Gen III mons are likely outside of the starters; GF will probably live up to their name of TrollFreak and give us Gen V Megas instead (not that I'm complaining, I want me some Mega Excadrill and Mega Hydreigon).

I personally don't think that new Megas for Gen III mons are likely outside of the starters; GF will probably live up to their name of TrollFreak and give us Gen V Megas instead (not that I'm complaining, I want me some Mega Excadrill and Mega Hydreigon).
I hope for it so badly. Gen V got slapped in the face, not receiving even one mega in XY. And Charizard got two. Sure Arceus has a twisted sense of humor.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
90% of the time Game Freak has been called a bunch of trolls was because people in the fanbase actually tried to pinpoint any kind of pattern in their decisions.

I'm kinda sad these are going to be remakes instead of sequels. Not only have I always expected they would do that due to timeline issues (BW and BW2 can trade even if they're years apart and no other blinks an eye, though), I think adding Mega Stones now would seem... awkward. But meh, who cares. We're going to Hoenn, woooo

Last edited:
Link or it's fake.

serebii.net/index2.shtml

serebii.net/index2.shtml
I think were definitely in for a treat with these games. And i think the orbs being their mega stones is highly likely. Maybe its the same thing with soul dew and lati@s. signature item + mega ring = nevet before tapped mega evos

Plus, i thought the story about xernas was in the past, so chronologically, that couldve happened at the same time when kyogre and groudon were waging war initially.

And... neithet orb is in game nor is it transferrable just like soul dew. The game can recognize the orbs as what they are no problem, but the mega ring with the orbs as held items can mega evo them...

I agree, height options would be nice, having to look up at almost every NPC is annoying. And better clothing options, or at least the option to remove the overly large hat they force you to wear; in fact the hair option is pretty much wasted by being forced to wear a hat.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I was going to give you a very unpolite answer. Almost got me, sir.
Btw, I think we went too much OT, I already got many posts cancelled in this topic.

Back to Alpha/Omega, am I the only one who hopes for the reintroduction of the tournaments from Black/White 2? They were a lot of fun, and challenging people from all the gens was maybe the coolest thing ever. I'm not saying that it should replace the Battle Frontier, but I don't think it would be that difficult to implement.
My main hope is that we get Online Contests with the release of these games; we could even have a REAL new metagame for them (ban Smeargle, though).

"The Japanese arm of The Pokémon Company sent out an e-mail to all Daisuki Club members which ends up pointing out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art, stating that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal, indicating that they are more than stylised artwork of the Pokémon. We'll bring more on this as it comes,"
So if Groudon and Kyogre are getting new formes/megas... is Rayquaza getting one too? Food for thought.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
But they probably arent megas, they are jus the lines on their bodies glowing
Quoting most recent news on Serebii.net: "The Japanese arm of The Pokémon Company sent out an e-mail to all Daisuki Club members which ends up pointing out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art, stating that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal, indicating that they are more than stylised artwork of the Pokémon. We'll bring more on this as it comes"

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I disagree. In fact, I hope that we do get gen 5 Megas down the line, maybe not in these games, but sometime. Let's face it, we all want Mega Golurk.
Well Im not saying that gen V shouldnt get megas because they should. Im saying that gen V not getting one right away is justifiable.

Some of my thoughts:
  • I think Game Freak wanted to give themselves the option of releasing Volcanion, Hoopa, and the Mega Latis as events for X and Y to gain extra sales later this year (perhaps attaching them to certain stores like Target) or to hype the releases of ORAS.
  • I am guessing that since these are remakes, there won't be any Mega Evolution before you defeat the Elite 4. Perhaps the orbs will be Mega stones, and after you beat the Champion, they give you a Mega Ring so you can sweep the post game.
  • I truly hope for a long post game. We didn't get one for XY, but then we got a new game 13 months later. So maybe short post game would mean Z comes out 1.5 years or less after ORAS? (I don't really believe that... but I can hope)
  • Everyone here seems to agree with Mega Gen III starters. I think making a Mega Gallade makes some sense because of Gardevoir, but I haven't seen compelling cases for other new megas.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
If there is a new region, I hope it's like an Atlantean area where you have to dive and find it, but it's a decent sized area.

EDIT: Treasure hunting would be neat, too. I always really liked Dive and I hope they expand on it.
I hope there would be less watery places, but give us something like a magma/ lava/ volcano area that's related to Groudon or Volcanion.
I personally think that there's too much diving/ watery places in RS.

People seem to have mixed feelings about this, but more people seem to be excited. I'm personally excited, and I'm looking forward to what they will do with this. I just hope for a good amount of mega Pokemon as some new items, maybe?

P.S: Mega Articuno O3O

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I hope there would be less watery places, but give us something like a magma/ lava/ volcano area that's related to Groudon or Volcanion.
I personally think that there's too much diving/ watery places in RS.
There is one. Its called Mount chimney lol and they did expand on mt chimney in emerald by letting you inside the volcano. I personally liked surfing through the giant ocean (bar running into tentacools every 5 seconds) since there are more places to explore and it easier to hide certain locations than on land. Having such a big ocean allowed them to make the routes fairy wide. Much wider than they would make land routes. Being able to dive to access different sections of the ocean was pretty cool too. I think they should expand that jungle like route that rains a lot though.

Random thoughts and hopes about those remakes:

• I wonder what will happen to Pokémon caught or bred in ORAS then transfered into XY. I say this because unless I'm wrong we don't know if the blue pentagon is the Kalos signature or just the gen VI signature. In the first case a Pokémon coming from ORAS wouldn't have this sign (it's funny it imagine a gen VI Pokémon like Froakie without the pentagon), otherwise it would have the pentagon. Maybe the Hoenn remakes will have their own sign?
  • About move tutors, obviously I'm looking for moves like Stealth Rock or Heal Bell but why not gen III excluvise move tutors as well? Like Double Edge and Seismic Toss. Those are gen III remakes after all. But I don't think all gen VI tutor moves will be in those games, because Emerald have the sames tutored moves as FRLG as well as its own tutored moves, same for HGSS compared to Platinum. I guess the potential Z version will have more tutored moves than ORAS.
  • I can't wait to listen the remastered version of the music from Oceanic Museum! This music sounds so beautiful, I think I'll cry when I'll hear the remastered version for the first time!
  • X and Y did a great job as they have a lot of species diversity among the different routes. Even for remakes putting reccurent species Zigzagoon and Oddish in every route would be a backward step IMO. If the developpers don't want to do this error, maybe the the Hoenn Safari will be replaced by the Friend Safari and all species that were previously catchable in the Hoenn Safari will be dispatched around the Hoenn region, but at the same time deleting the Safari Zone as it was known in the original versions would be a disappointing error as well. Unless they add gen IV-VI Pokémon or maybe more gen I-II mons in the regional Pokédex, but asides from Ditto (from Desert Underpass), Sudowoodo (Battle Frontier), Smeargle (from Artisan Cave), gen IV evolutionary relatives (including Bonsly) and Regigigas I don't expect anything.
  • Male and genderless Pokémon being able to pass down their ball when breeding with Ditto, please. Because when I'm breeding with a non-standard Poké Ball I can't stand the fact that half of the imperfect Pokémon I breed (or even more for some species with horrible gender ratio) are released for purely aesthetic reasons.
  • I don't think there will be any new Mega Evolution besides the Mega Latias and Latios, simply because it would be stupid to put data for them in the XY games and not putting it for other Mega Evolutions. Also, M-Evolution is not related to Hoenn's story, and I guess it will be a postgame exclusive thing in those versions, so two Hoenn-exclusive Megas (whose respective Mega Stones are probably a variation of the Soul Dew) are enough IMO. About Mega Sceptile and Swampert... I don't believe they will become a thing in those games. I guess they don't care at all about Blaziken already getting a ME, and I think it will just be not acknoledged at all in ORAS, while trading the event one from XY will be the only way to get it in those games.
  • Maybe I'm asking for too much, but a way to give an hidden ability like the Ability Capsule switches between regular abilities would be awesome, so all hidden abilities become released no matter what, including Sheer Force Feraligatr, Contrary Serperior, Adaptability Dragalge and Rock Head Tyrantrum! And Apricorn Balls wouldn't reveal the lack of HA anymore, allowing more customisation options for competitive Pokémon.
  • I'm sure that Poochyena, Wurple and gen III starters will join their force with Fletchling, Bunnelby, Pidgey, Bidoof, Flabébé, Panmonkeys, Froakie and Charmander to invade the Wonder Trade system (assuming it's still in those games, but I don't worry because honestly I don't think it will be removed). And oh, Zigzagoon and Ralts will be even worse than before :p

Last edited:
Anyone predicting where stuff from post-Hoenn would logically show up, like -

Heatran in Mt. Chimney
Giratina at Mt. Pyre
Moss rock in Petalburg Forest
Icy rock in Shoal Cave
Magnezone/Probopass evolutions in Meteor Falls
ect...

Aaron's Aron

A concussion update in my info tab
Ralts is gotten earlier in the game and can take out those dragons and blaizken
Yes, but Ralts also takes up a Mega slot, and let's be honest, everyone is going to be using that slot for Mega Blaziken/other megas. I'm not saying that people won't still use it, that is just a downside to using it over Azumaril.

And yay! I have honestly wanted this remake for so long now. Generation 3 was my first generation, so it has a place in my heart (I have played the older games so don't go flipping out though). FireRed was my first game, and it was cool to see a mini remake of it in HeartGold and Silver. Now a Hoenn remake too??? Yay! Ruby and Sapphire are probably my favorite games, and I have been wanting this remake for a long time. I don't really know what it is about them though... I just love them. I greatly like all the starters (especially the Torchic line), and I like a lot of the other pokemon as well. You just don't get to use/see Hoenn pokemon much in other games. I also enjoyed all the cool little aspects about it as well, like the ships, contests, rainforests, and I just don't even know. I just love it. I wish I could explain better haha. I am so excited... :D I don't want everything to be completly changed though. Updated and slightly changed is all right, but not totally changed.

As for Mega pokemon... I would imagine that Sceptile and Swampert would receive them, as it wouldn't make much sense if they didn't. Everyone would just pick Torchic for Mega Blaziken... :( (I love you Blaziken, but I don't want you to be overused). I do not really want to many others though. Honestly, I feel like having to many kinda ruins stuff, as well as the specialty of a mega. If we have a large number, the are no longer unique and special.

So Mega Kyogre and Mega Groudon. Hmmm. Honestly I am leaning towards no megas right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did get them. I could see it going either way, and I would not mind either way.

I could have wrote so much and honestly typed a whole page, but I figured I would keep it very simple and basic so as to not take up to much room haha. I guess to sum everything up: The nostalgia.

EDIT: TheGamedawg pointed this out a few posts below me: Physical/Special split! It will be very interesting to play a Hoenn game with this split and I will probably use different pokemon now that some are better off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)