XY OU Teh fgts dat nevr die.

Teh fgts dat nevr die
~ Thank you based Sugarhigh for the team name ~
Peaked rank 1 at 18,774
later, another ladder alt was able to win the first 49 matches

This picture couldn't be more related, thanks Dread.

Coz ya asked for it

It was literally that obvious.

Heatran was replaced by Krookodile for its ability to manhandle Aegislash. It's also better versus Sand teams than Heatran.

Aegislash was swapped out with another Ghost type, Gengar. Its ability to handle opposing stall and balanced teams was just too useful.

Short Introduction:
This isn't technically my first RMT since I had helped out with a RMT for this team of mine. Anywho, I built this team the week after Megas were properly implemented and, over the course of many battles, believe it to be perfected (the team, not the play style). And this isn't so much a RMT as it is a team showcase, but if you've got suggestions - post them.

Team Preview:

This team is pretty self explanatory, you keep hazards off your side and try to keep Stealth Rock up on theirs. Chip damage will accumulate and wear down your opponent's team until it eventually gives.

In Depth:

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Defense / 80 Speed
Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)
- Taunt - Knock Off - Earthquake - Stealth Rock

Krookodile took over Heatran's position. It's even a better Stealth Rock user, beats any Aegislash lacking Flash Cannon, and really pulls its weight against Sand teams. And the last one is huge, being built around Venusaur and all.

Set Explanation:
-Taunt: is used to combat the opposition's utility. ie. Defog, Stealth Rock, and Recovery moves.
-Knock Off: hits things for good damage and has the great added effect of destroying items, which can be very handy against so many teams.
-Earthquake: is another obligatory move for Krookodile, it hits Mega Charizard X, Tyranitar, Excadrill, and so many others.
-Stealth Rock: is something that almost every team needs, and Krookodile's a great user of the move. The most common Defog users, the Eon twins, don't want to risk a Knock Off KO and Krook's speed allows it to Taunt the slower users of the move. And did I mention, Excadrill risks its life Spinning against him?

Edit: Now running enough Speed for Adamant Max Bisharp

Ability: Chlorophyll (/Thick Fat)
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Defense / 196 Special Defense
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
- Synthesis - Giga Drain - Earthquake - Sludge Bomb

Mega Venusaur may not wall everything, and it doesn't have to, it has rest of the team's help for that. What makes it so good is that it's able to beat most of the metagame in one on one situations. And that's always happening, once Venusaur is in - you can count on it doing something productive. That's what makes it such a powerful defensive Mon.
Venusaur's also the reason why Knock Off rarely poses a threat.

Set Explanation:
-Synthesis: is Venusaur's recovery move of choice.
-Giga Drain: is mostly there to hit Manaphy and Mega Gyarados, gaining HP from an attacking move is a nice thing too.
-Earthquake: is used to hit key Pokemon hard. ie. Heatran and Mawile
-Sludge Bomb: hits a lot of the Pokemon that switch into Venusaur pretty hard. And it has the chance to Poison those switch-ins

Hits an odd HP number, which means it switches into Stealth Rock one more time. 60 Defense is used to avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Terrakion. The rest of the EVs are put into Special Defense to help tank hits from Thundurus, Keldeo, Manaphy, etc.

Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Special Defense
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost - Defog - Taunt - Counter

Good 'ol SkarmBlissChansey. Skarmory's a needed Ground immunity and Defog user. It's also a great switch-in to Physical Dragons and is awesome at punishing U-turn. And, with a little luck, Skarmory can beat the few physical sweepers that are able take out Quagsire.

Set Explanation:
-Roost: is Skarmory's needed recovery move.
-Defog: is needed to keep Hazards off.
-Taunt: pairs well with Defog (and Counter) to stop them from spamming away Defog's PP. It's also helpful against defensively-inclined teams.
-Counter: You might think me weird for using this over Brave Bird, but here me out: It nets a bunch of surprise KOs and takes care of Mega Gyarados, Swords Dance Excadrill, Mega Mawile, etc. None of which can be handled with Brave Bird.

Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic - Haze (/Yawn) - Scald - Recover

I'm glad good players see Quagsire for its strengths. It's viable. And it's good. Quagsire beats most setup sweepers (because of Unaware[it ignores the opponent's stat boosts]) and even lets the team handle Suicune (via Haze). It's cool typing lets it switch into most Volt Switch users too and, once it hits them with Toxic, the Volt-Turn spam dies down. Did I mention this thing walls both Mega Charizard X and Bisharp?! Suck a fat one, Clefable.

Set Explanation:
-Haze: is something few people expect, having the utility to auto-win against Baton Pass teams and deal with certain boosting sweepers far outweigh hitting a few things for decent damage with Earthquake. With Baton Pass Chain's upcoming nerf I don't have to use Haze anymore! Thank goodness!

-Toxic: puts a lot of Pokemon on a timer. And that's a great thing for stall.
- Yawn: is a good tool, because it can act as a Phazing move, forcing a switch. It also stops certain Pokemon from grabbing free switches and sleeping something can create an opening for Gengar to set up a free Substitute.
-Scald: is Quagsire's damage-dealing move of choice that has a cool 30% chance to Burn.
-Recover: is there to keep you healthy, just spam it when there's something Statused in front of you :)

No Physical Attacks. No Attack IVs. No Problem.

Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish - Heal Bell - Soft-Boiled - Seismic Toss

Good 'ol SkarmBlissChansey. This Blob covers a ridiculous amount of Special Attackers and is the epitome of utility. This set guarantees the team stays healthy for a long time. And a team with no endgame usually takes a long time :3

And for those of you that may argue Blissey over Chansey, because of Knock Off: The Pokemon that use Knock Off already pose a threat to the Blobs, there's no reason to let Chansey get hit by it.

Set Explanation:

-Wish: Bombs the team to keep it healthy.
-Heal Bell: is used, because most teams possess some form of Status-inducing.
-Seismic Toss: is Chansey's only way of dealing damage (outside of Toxic).

I decided to go with the old standard, because Chansey's needed to take Psyshock now.

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 28 HP / 148 Special Attack / 80 Special Defense / 252 Speed
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Taunt - Substitute - Will-O-Wisp - Shadow Ball

Gengar is the team's needed stall breaker. Gengar pulls its weight against every team and its speed is useful for getting you out of some tough spots.

Set Explanation:
-Taunt: completely wrecks non-offense teams with the help of Wisp.
-Substitute: blocks Status and is easy to set up against certain Pokemon.
-Will-O-Wisp: is obviously used to Burn Pokemon. Slower teams are usually helpless against this Gengar because of it and Wisp is useful for putting certain Pokemon on a timer.
-Shadow Ball: is a great damaging move with little resists, fairly obvious.

This EV spread prevents Clefable and Venusaur from breaking its Substitute.

Conclusion:
In conclusion, this team scored higher than any of you or any other team.

Feel free to use the team. And have fun trying out stall (you won't).

You'll probably notice my move OCD, they have to be in order from shortest to longest! (I've included both the original and most recent version of the team):

Krookodile (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spd
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Venusaur (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb

Skarmory (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Defog
- Counter

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Gengar (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 28 HP / 148 SAtk / 80 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

You better have patience.

Last edited:
I got my only OU SPL loss using this team. Build me better teams please.

But on a more serious note, I've used/faced this team a ton and it is really strong. I wish I could run toxic on Chansey, but wish does help out so much. The usual stall break mons do a great job at beating this team, especially lando-I. So yeah, nobody should ever ladder with this team.

Sacred Sword aegislash... You drive me completely nuts by not using it. That and brave bird Skarm would handle Chesnaught just fine...

Quagsire isn't underrated... it's stupid. That derpass face it has just makes my brain cells commit suicide and makes people make terrible plays against it.

I could suggest Earthquake venusaur, but I doubt you'd want to use that for whatever obscure reason like sludge bomb taking care of talonflame... Even though you downright refuse to predict to extend the match (or because you. don't. have. sacred. sword. Have fun with blissey, though). At least use knock off venusaur or something...

But really, the issue outside of that is that you like to draw matches out just to toy with people before you have the game won. Granted, you hax on command, but this really is probably about the only flaw this team has. But it works. And come on, at least post the picture everyone wants to see. Forcing me to use my copy, for real? Well, I'll upload the file.

Great team, ra ra TFL teambuilding... And how the hell do you just throw 6 things together and come up with these things.

Edit: Still stealing the team, don't get me wrong

Attachments

Last edited:
Great team. I'm pretty much the best battler in smogon but have absolutely no creativity whatsoever. Thanks for the team, it's great and actually very fun to use. I've won several teams just by what I felt was how great these pokemon work with each other. Yes that's praise for you and i'll say it again, very well built. A few thoughts while testing:

- Chanseys' lack of Toxic is noticeable in often as she really can't do anything offensively. She really can't stall anyone out unless they're already poisoned. I haven't been able to put my finger on who should else needs to get the move. I've been thinking about trying Saur with Toxic instead of Leech Seed. As he creates a pretty good Toxic trio with Slash and dumbface in terms of resistances and the switches they force. Either him or Tran. Tran having the upside of being able to spam Toxic more freely than Saur since steels don't switch into it. Lava Plume would have to go if I do that, for Flamethrower. I may give it a little more power if I make that switch though. First i'll try out a Tauntless Tran, then move to mono fire tran.

- Skarmory not having stealth rock is also noticeable. Counter works really well and I am overall a very good user of the move but the novelty dies pretty fast especially if the battle goes to 70+ turn. Which it always does. Will try Toxic or Rocks there.

Overall great team and thanks for letting me get back into competitive battling. My skills were wasted thanks to my inability to solve puzzles.

God I hate this team, it's made me throw out at least two of the teams I built lol. Actually, one of the first things I think about when teambuilding is if it can beat this team. Honestly no real suggests, although lmao at the redundancy of haze quaggy. The one thing I will say is that it's weak to stallbreakers like mega Hera, mega medicham, pinsir + Magnezone, etc. idk what to do about that cuz they are stall breakers but just sayin. Also cuz I feel like u need more toxic. Your kinda 6-0ed my roost volcarona which shouldn't happen to stall. Team is amazing, the standard for stall to look up to.

Ps, rhyperior op, smashin skarm ezzzz

Lol this team, was wondering when it was going to get RMT'd. I've had fun facing it a bunch of times on PO being played by nubs, but it's an incredibly solid stall build. You cover pretty much every offensive threat nicely, the only issue I have with it (which I always exploited when playing against it) is the amount of pressure you come under from Spikes stackers. Like all stall teams you can't cope against offense with a couple of layers down, so something like a fast Deo-D with Taunt can be really dangerous. Ferrothorn should get a mention too, because it comes in easily and forces you to go to Skarm straight away every time. I like TauntTran, which alleviates the problem against more defensive teams, but offensive Spikes are still an issue.

I think it'd be worth testing some form of bulky Excadrill in place of Aegislash, since it's the least important member of the team in terms of checking threats (and Excadrill can still help check things like Latios). You spin relatively easily and gain a second Stealth Rock user, which I'd recommend on a Defog-centric stall team. Yeah, you lose your own spinblocker, and Kings Shield / Shadow Sneak which can be clutch, but on balance I think it could be worth it. Something to think about anyway.

That's all I've got to say, nice team and you get a luvdisc :)

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I played this team, had a win with Automize Aegislash but got critted by Heatran's Lava Plume sadly. The one problem I could see with this team is Kyurem-B. Chansey is 3hkoed by Dragon Claw and struggles to fend it off, and the rest of the team pretty much crumbles to it (Venu is 2hkoed by Ice beam cause of its ability). Not sure what I'd replace, but this is something to think about.

Props for Taunt Counter Skarm btw, real men use it

My only suggestion is switching out Taunt --> Stealth rocks on Skarmory. And removing Stealth rocks --> Magma Storm on Heatran. As you said, most defoggers hate the presence of heatran trapping heatrans counters and bringing out the best check is just fantastic

My only suggestion is switching out Taunt --> Stealth rocks on Skarmory. And removing Stealth rocks --> Magma Storm on Heatran. As you said, most defoggers hate the presence of heatran trapping heatrans counters and bringing out the best check is just fantastic
tbh I dont really think magma storm heatran is good on anything but sun teams. It can work as a psuedo trapper I'm sure, but there is no reason to swap out SR for it. On Skarm he really needs taunt to help him beat other stall teams or they just taunt him, set up hazards, roost up, etc.

I was so hoping for a cool teambuilding process ;'(

The team is awesome, as are almost of your teams (except the one with klefki, because klefki is klefki and surprise magic coats are no fun). It's a bit annoyed by ferrothorn and some of the more op wallbreakers like lo cube, mega mawile, mega garchomp but there's not much you can do. It's changed the meta - a lot of people have stolen it and are running it on the ladder now and I have been using it to help peeps playtest stuff. Btw haze quagsire is really nifty.

Congrats on the record breaking peak,
tst

Liking this. I remember you saying that you would do something like this in OU chat. Yeah bitches, I was there

On a serious note, Aegislash could really use Sacred Sword. If you really want a 3rd user of Toxic, Heatran is my favourite user of the move because nothing immune to Toxic would ever switch into Heatran. Even with Toxic, the burn rate of Lava Plume outweighs the insignificant power increase Flamethrower brings. The recent bans only serve to make the team better, idk how you dealt with Mega-Lucario with this team.

Do you ever have problems with Mega Medicham? If he's running Fire Punch, it seems like it could be a fairly significant problem at times. I haven't tried the team, so I can't say for sure, it's just what I seem to notice.

First of all, I just want to say that your team (or something extremely similar to it) broke my 20 game winstreak, and I'm very sad because of it.

As for your team, the major threat that I can see is Ferrothorn which can easily switch into your Mega-Venusaur and start setting up spikes. Of course you can defog out of it with skarm, but by then the momentum would've swung to the opponent's side and they can start putting residual damage on your tanks for a sweep later on.

Also, even though it's rare (honestly I'm the only one running this set because it's so damn good) you are weak to mixed attacking Deoxys-S or any mixed attacker for that matter. My Deo-S will destroy 4/6 pokemons with Psychoboost, Superpower, and Thunder (last move is Meteor Mash for those pesky fairies). Having a Ferrothorn as a replacement for Skarmory would be imo the best bet.

Also, how would you deal with crocune? I understand that you can haze away the stats with Quagsire, but you have no way of actually killing it. If anything, Suicune can start scalding starting from the turn you send out your Quagsire and start burning/whittling down your health. Mega-Venusaur will need a lucky crit to kill a proper crocune and it'll just get burned and outregened by Rest.

Other than that, fantastic team and I hate your team for breaking my winstreak QQ.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey cool team, props for being unique and solid at the same time.

Stall always has its counters, unfortunately, but I think you've got what it takes to handle them. Magic Guard abusers from last gen (ayyyyy CM Reuniclus) can really be a pain in the ass because it doesn't care about your residual damage and can just sweep your team. Active Deo-D and Deo-S leads along with Taunt Thundurus-I could also be a major problem.

There's a fairly simple and fast solution- I suggest that you try a spread of 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def Impish for Krookodile. It doesn't matter that this deviates from the norm slightly; it fits your team better.
252 Atk EVs let Krookodile:
  • OHKO 252/4 Reuniclus 25% of the time
  • Always OHKO 252/0 Deo-S
  • Cleave off 50% from Deo-D
  • Always OHKO 4/0 Latios and Latias (for funsies lol)
You even get to keep your nature and a lot of your original bulk. With Intimidate, you won't really notice the difference, and that said, Skarm and Quag should be lifting most of the physical defensive heavyweights anyway.

Also, as a more minor suggestion, have you considered Hidden Power Fire over EQ on Venusaur? You get the jump on Ferrothorn and Skarmory, which are much more threatening than Heatran (which can be dealt with Chansey or Quag) You still hit Mega Mawile pretty hard too, so you won't lose out on that end.

Other than that it's a great team. Nice peak :)

This team was updated recently to a form that TFL and a few people close to him have been using for some months... It is the best form of the team and, to the many people who run this team, far better than the versions you have.

Aegislash < Gengar means that you lose a bit of defensive presence, but you gain a simple ton of utility. The ability to break stall with relative ease is quite the benefit and the only major pokemon you lose this way is Gardevoir, who is still checked by Gengar. Considering that two of six pokemon have no issues with Goth, this team is built a bit better to avoid that stupid stall breaking set. Stall breaker mew now falls easily to Gengar where in the past it was guaranteed a few burns on Aegi before falling.

Nice team :)

This team was updated recently to a form that TFL and a few people close to him have been using for some months... It is the best form of the team and, to the many people who run this team, far better than the versions you have.

Aegislash < Gengar means that you lose a bit of defensive presence, but you gain a simple ton of utility. The ability to break stall with relative ease is quite the benefit and the only major pokemon you lose this way is Gardevoir, who is still checked by Gengar. Considering that two of six pokemon have no issues with Goth, this team is built a bit better to avoid that stupid stall breaking set. Stall breaker mew now falls easily to Gengar where in the past it was guaranteed a few burns on Aegi before falling.

Nice team :)

:[ you spilled the beans

Yeah, this team is pretty annoying to face. One thing that does a number on it though is Physically Offensive Mew. Will-o-wisp is a no-no for Krook, Zen Headbutt is pretty scary for Venu, Knock Off + Superpower is pretty scary for Chansey, and Gengar can't safely switch in. Fortunately she's walled to shit by Skarm and Quag, but as a whole you gotta be on your toes around Mew in general (never know what the hell she's gonna do).

Great team though, love that quag

Yeah, this team is pretty annoying to face. One thing that does a number on it though is Physically Offensive Mew. Will-o-wisp is a no-no for Krook, Zen Headbutt is pretty scary for Venu, Knock Off + Superpower is pretty scary for Chansey, and Gengar can't safely switch in. Fortunately she's walled to shit by Skarm and Quag, but as a whole you gotta be on your toes around Mew in general (never know what the hell she's gonna do).

Great team though, love that quag
I thought Phys Off Mews were SD/Drain Punch/Zen/Sucker Punch?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)