The Everything NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
The season is about to begin, and you're all looking at the newest Buffalo Bills season ticket holder. Shit yeah.

I'm all about the Eagles. McNabb is back and healthy and ready to tear up opposing defenses with his versatility. Sure, he can't run as well as he used to, but he doesn't have to, thanks to Westbrook, a dual threat out of the backfield. Look for the Eagles to win the NFC East again (this time with McNabb) and make it back to the NFC Championship game.

The competition in the NFC is weak compared to the caliber of teams in the AFC. The East might be the strongest division, but that's not saying much at all. The Redskins always choke (and always spend too much money), the Giants have performance problems (Eli Manning couldn't get it going due to his Slow Start!), and the Cowboys never show up when they need it the most (Tony Romo?).

Also, being from Seattle, I gotta throw my vote in for the Seahawks as well. Season tickets are sold out for this year and next year (and maybe the year after that) so I have to resort to scalping to get into a game. Although the NFC West is getting stronger, and the 49ers are the 'hip' pick to do well this year, they still got nothing on the Seahawks. Hip picks never live up to the hype anyway. Remember last year when everyone thought Arizona was gonna be the shiznit? Yeah. No. Just no.

E-A-G-L-E-S... EAGLES!!!

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Yeah and it'll all be fun and games till they're crushed by the colts :P
Last year they beat us by a score of 17-16. We also lost to the Patriots in week one by 19-17 and the Chargers by 24-21. Those are the three best teams in the league, and three of the smallest margins of victory they had last year. Watch out for Buffalo.

What day does the season start?
Depends, Buffalo's first preseason game is a week from today, first season game is September 9th.

NFC East
Dallas Cowboy
Philadelphia Eagles*
New York Giants
Washington Redskins

NFC North
Chicago Bears
Green Bay Packers*
Minnesota Vikings
Detroit Lions

NFC South
New Orleans Saints
Carolina Panthers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Atlanta Falcons

NFC West
Seattle Seahawks
San Francisco 49ers
St. Louis Rams
Arizona Cardinals

AFC East
New England Patriots
New York Jets
Miami Dolphins
Buffalo Bills

AFC North
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals*
Pittsburgh Steelers
Cleveland Browns

AFC South
Indianapolis Colts
Tennessee Titans
Jacksonville Jaguars
Houston Texans

AFC West
Denver Broncos
San Diego Chargers*
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders
---
NFC Wild Card
Philadelphia Eagles over Seattle Seahawks
Dallas Cowboys over Green Bay Packers

AFC Wild Card
Cincinnati Bengals over Denver Broncos
Baltimore Ravens over San Diego Chargers
---
NFC Divisional
Chicago Bears over Philadelphia Eagles
New Orleans Saints over Dallas Cowboys

AFC Divisional
New England Patriots over Cincinnati Bengals
Baltimore Ravens over Indianapolis Colts
---
NFC Championship
New Orleans Saints over Chicago Bears

AFC Championship
New England Patriots over Baltimore Ravens
---

~~SUPER BOWL XLII- GLENDALE, ARIZONA~~
New England Patriots 37
New Orleans Saints 24
Champions- New England Patriots

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I'm expecting some nice things from JP Losman this year. He better not disappoint me!

the Giants have performance problems (Eli Manning couldn't get it going due to his Slow Start!),
Oh yeah Eli's slow starts. The giants started out what 6-2 damn thats way to slow. I'm pretty sure they were second in the NFC after week 8 damn way to slow. I don't have Eli's first half in front of me but eli only did bad in the last half when the giants went 2-6.

I hate the eagles.

I hate even more how the giants are going to suck this year. I just hope brandon jacobs and reuben droughns do well. Well i hope they do well enough but bad enough that it forces eli to play the way he should play. The giants are too frustration to watch. They always find ways to shoot themselves in the foot. I guess i'm still bitter about that week 9 loss to the bears. The Giants are up 13-3 with a minute thirty left in the half. 3rd and 22. Draw play to thomas jones gains 24 yards. The bears drive up the field and score making it 13-10. The giants fell to pieces the injurys began to add up. And they 180ed and fell into turmoil pointing fingers. But at least they still managed playoff birth.

GOOOOO GGGGGGGGGGGG-MMEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNN

also i am rooting for the lions this year. I have been waiting for a few years for them to turn it around. I hope this year is the year.

If JP Losman produces then I think they'll finish second in the East and maybe snatch a wildcard spot...I doubt it though.

Obviously I'm a Steelers fan but I can't say I'm too hopeful about our prospects this year. It all depends on Ben...if he plays like he's supposed to though, I think they will fight it out with the Bengals [or Ravens] for second place and whoever gets that will likely earn a wildcard berth.

The Patriots are fucking stacked now. =\ As long as TO doesn't shit on everything, they have better SB prospects than most everyone.

@Tmnt Boy: Haha, yeah, I guess the Giants did start out 6-2. But I don't recall Eli ever really being on fire (there was the one 4 TD game, that's all I remember). Tiki really lifted the team up last year, though. His performance against the Chiefs around Xmas... brilliant. Of course, I'm not going to agree with everything, after all, we are fans of division rivals.

I was wondering what you thought about the whole Strahan thing... is it good that he's gone? I felt like he had one more year left in him... but I don't know if the team can handle another impending retirement a la Tiki Barber.

On a different topic, it'd be nice to see the Texans hit .500 this year. Matt Schaub has been a really good backup QB for the Falcons and I'd like to see him succeed as a starter. The addition of Ahman Green helps, but as much as I'd like to see them do well, they're in a tough division and will need some major meltdowns in order to grab some wins.

Yeah the whole strahan thing is a mess. He said he is about 50/50 right now. He said that he was offered a contact upgrade by the old GM but now the new GM doens't want to give him the money. It would be really sad if strahan left. But luckly DE is the giants deepest position. They have osi, kiwanuka and justin tuck. But strahan is still our best defensive end. His stats arn't the best but he draws double coverage every down setting up osi and the linebackers. So i would defintely miss him. But some of the Giants administration think that he defintely won't quit and that he is just trying to make more money.

EDIT:Eli's first half stats 15 touchdowns 1851 yards 9 int 61% completion percentage.

I'm all about the redskins baby!

I'm hoping Portis gets better and stays healthy this season. Also I have high hopes for our newcomers this year. Let's see what happens (we did beat the saints last year, but w/e).

Hahah, GG. I guess I just like hating on the Giants instead of doing my research.

And yeah, I bet the Falcons wish they had Schaub back. I don't remember if they got any trade value back from the Texans? They should have tried to get Culpepper instead of the underachieving Joey Harrington. Now that the double threat of Vick and Dunn is now reduced to just Dunn, the Falcons will become predictable and one-dimensional. I don't see much from them this year.

However I will probably still use the Falcons in Madden 08, it's not likely they'll program Vick's trial into the game ("Vick off roster due to dogfighting" lol).

Anyone expecting anything from the Browns this year? With their great draft there might be hype like the Cardinals had last year, but will it pan out? I don't think so. Maybe two more years and they can get a wild card.

If JP Losman produces then I think they'll finish second in the East and maybe snatch a wildcard spot...I doubt it though.

Obviously I'm a Steelers fan but I can't say I'm too hopeful about our prospects this year. It all depends on Ben...if he plays like he's supposed to though, I think they will fight it out with the Bengals [or Ravens] for second place and whoever gets that will likely earn a wildcard berth.

The Patriots are fucking stacked now. =\ As long as TO doesn't shit on everything, they have better SB prospects than most everyone.
no

3rd at best.

And TO doesn't play for NE, you're thinking of Randy Moss.

I think the break out team this year is going to be the Lions. Picking up tatum bell and drafting calvin johnson will make a big difference. Tatum and Kevin Jones spliting carries, with Calvin Johnson, Roy Williams and Mike Furrey at wide out and John Kitna passing, who i believe was top 5 in passing yards last year.(i'm to tired to check) The lions will have some offensive fire power and are imo in one of the weakest divisions in sports.

I see nothing from the vikings. Chester taylor is good and i expect big things from adrian peterson depending on how much time he plays. But after that its pretty thin. They do have killer run defense though.

The Bears are overrated but thats just my bias. Plus with Thomas Jones gone Cedric won't be spliting carries so that means that they won't be able to run the ball 40+ times a game and grind down the clock as well as they did last year. So it will put alot of pressure on Grossman. Also whats going on with Lance Briggs is he still holding out?

Also i don't think much of Greenbay since they have one of the worst running games in the NFL. Donald Driver and Farve are good. And Greg Jennings looked nasty in the beginning of the year. But then towards the end of the season he fell off the map leaving Farve once again without any weapons.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I think the break out team this year is going to be the Lions.
Its been the breakout year for the Lions for the past decade, while they always look good on paper, they always turn to be a mess. Kevin Jones was lights out while he was healthy and was top 5 back for sure, and they still mustered only 3 wins. Calvin Johnson, Roy Williams, Tatum Bell, Mike Martz, Kevin Jones, etc, looks nice, just wait until they play and disappoint again.

The Strahan thing is looking like a mess, but he is a competitor at heart, I think he'll be back for one more season, with a new contract or not, he knows after he retires hes gonna get paid by some network. Either way the Simeon Rice workout seemed promising and could be suitable replacement.

The Giants draft was kind of baffling but the pick up of Droughns will create a decent duo with Jacobs, though I expect Jacobs to get most of the carries. Its crunch time for both Eli and Coughlin, if they don't get it done this year they both might be out the door (more so Coughlin) and the NFC East didn't get any easier so its gonna be tough. I liked Arrington and was kind of disappointed he was dropped and lets hope the linebacker corps doesn't get decimated like years past. And going along with TMNTboy, the Giants always find a way to shoot themselves and the Titans game last year was terrible and should have never happened.

And the Falcons becoming predicable? They always were, they ran like 80% of the time between Vick, Dunn, and Duckett, and were the top rushing team for the past few years. Vick was really random and erratic with his passing, one game its 4 TDs the next its 4 INTs, thats why he runs.

And my team I would like to see do good and will be watching this year, the Ravens. They are always solid on defense and maybe one more year with McNair will get them one step further to the big game, Super Bowl XXXV rematch anyone?

I think the break out team this year is going to be the Lions. Picking up tatum bell and drafting calvin johnson will make a big difference.
Don't they go through the same thing every year? They get a receiver in the first round and he doesn't do good. I wouldn't be surprised if Calvin Johnson doesn't meet expectations either.

Also, whoever knows (I haven't checked yet), did the Saints or Jaguars get/lose any important people since last season?

:(

fuck boston parties, now in addition to the previous SB parties, you might even get a NBA one too =/

if boston runs a triple threat.....................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)