League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Obviously not double elimination, it would work exactly the same as a tennis major: the 'warm-up' is the opening rounds. Also, why must there be only one match at a time? Teams could quite reasonably play 10-15 matches at a time in the opening rounds with only one at a time on the grandstand (again, like in tennis, where most of the matches are played on far-off courts and only the biggest ones of the opening rounds get put on the grand stage). There is no reason such a tournament should take more than a few days (though obviously for purposes of viewing it would probably extend out to something like a week or two), and as for housing...why do teams need to stay in a house? Put your belongings in a hotel, there is internet available at the site and there is no reason that there couldn't be 'locker rooms' (or the league equivalent) for that many teams at a large site, or in the worst case have two or three 'scrimmage' sites where teams could go to play with other teams. Could you imagine even just how exciting the practice area would be-teams could just walk up to one another from across the globe and play scrim games, and if even a few of those were recorded they would be more interesting in and of themselves than most of the current LCS matches. And I haven't even started talking about the actual tournament 2-of-3s or 3-of-5s (frankly, I think that all league tournaments should move to 3-of-5 and drop round robin forever). 3/5 is a much more pure format that allows teams to regroup and restrategize within the match itself, and provides an accurate marker for whether one team is better than another without needing weeks of round robin play to determine it.

Honestly the way tournaments are run in LoL is pitiful to anyone who knows anything about real tournament setup in actual sports: it does not maximize competition, viewership, or even efficiency. Why do teams need a day off between games in typical round robin style tournaments? Even if they did get a day off, if you simply did single elimination (which is acceptable if matches are 3/5 and the good teams start off playing the worst teams) the tournament would still only last two weeks. Single elimination, larger draw, best of 5 is the format LoL ought to adopt for all future tournaments.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
how hilarious would the nhl be if it only had eight teams

ktb gave skt twitch tf eve and thresh for like nothing. not that bengi has been amazing on eve or anything but jesus like how on earth do you stop pick that strong? because I don't think it's lee and shy

oh my god a IPL5-like tournament right now would be super epic they should totally do that after worlds

instead of... BATTLE OF THE ATLANTIC -________- hey let's watch ld play with amateur team, froggen dive fountains and fnatic trolling instead of an exciting international tournament.

btw ktb didnt give a fuck in that series it dosent matter that much for worlds anyway.

doublt post cause BANG BANG

might as well call me jebroni4. (seriously this game was retarded, jarvan level 2 gank gives riven an early level 2 on me and i almost kill her at level 1 but she flash qq. everytime i try to fight her post 6 (because I'm fiora) she has like fifty bitches on back up or a constant flash goddam)

lol!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)