5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler

hmm the sassy on my RNG window says capable of taking hits where yours says alert to sounds.
I see now why it's so confusing. Your set-up looks right. It changes to Alert to Sounds when I leave the TID and SID set to 0 (or input my info), but matches what you have when I input your ID's. Well, based on the results you're getting, I'd say still go with the 54 chatters and ignore the Charactersitics. I really don't know why it would change (and I'm not sure that it should).

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Well, based on the results you're getting, I'd say still go with the 54 chatters and ignore the Charactersitics. I really don't know why it would change (and I'm not sure that it should).
The PID can change based on the TID and SID of the user. The PID and IVs are what determine the Characteristic, so it's quite normal for the Characteristic to be different for a different TID/SID combination.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
The PID can change based on the TID and SID of the user. The PID and IVs are what determine the Characteristic, so it's quite normal for the Characteristic to be different for a different TID/SID combination.
That's right...Thanks chiizu! Do you know why though the game doesn't seem to match up with what the reporter with his id's is telling him?

after changing the ID and SID to 0 to see the same thing you were, I put my ID and SID back in. but the frame of 105 isn't shown as shiny anymore! wut i even got the timid with right characteristic for frame 105 (often dozes off)

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
after changing the ID and SID to 0 to see the same thing you were, I put my ID and SID back in. but the frame of 105 isn't shown as shiny anymore! wut i even got the timid with right characteristic for frame 105 (often dozes off)
Are you sure you typed it in correctly? When I put in your Id's it's still shiny. It's possible that you actually hit frame 106 (the one directly after it) since it has the same characteristic. That, or you didn't input your id's correctly when you found the seed. You can try doing 1 fewer chatter or being a little quicker. Not sure if it works like NPC's and if you resave, it will cause the advances to be different, but you can try that too assuming you still don't get it. I would double check to make sure those are you actually id's though just in case.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
the ids are exactly the same as before... :/
haha something had to have changed. you can try re-opening the reporter but I highly doubt that's the problem. It it was shiny before, it should still be shiny with the same info

Oh, and can you tell which frame you hit by listening to the Chatots? The last call you should hear before interacting with it should be really low.

hi just reposting for the right thread

Im using the latest RNG reporter, pokemon Black 2, and a DS lite. Im trying to learn how to RNG (I know how to in soulsilver but not in black2), and for some reason I can't get the iv part (the most basic part lol). I've calibrated my parameters and picked a seed with frame 1, the iv spread is roughly perfect, but for some reason when I capture the pokemon and check its ivs they never match. I have already tried to start the game 1 second in advance because that was my offset during calibration. Here's some of my info that might be helpful:

{{{Vcount= 82 Vframe=8 Timer=1107 Gxstat=6}}}

Btw im just trying this out with the minccino on route 5 in the hidden grotto after Bianca does the demonstration... I hope I included enough information :3

If anybody could help me out that would be greatly appreciated! :)

edit: maybe my ids will be helpful too
ID=19587 SID=61376

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
hi just reposting for the right thread

Im using the latest RNG reporter, pokemon Black 2, and a DS lite. Im trying to learn how to RNG (I know how to in soulsilver but not in black2), and for some reason I can't get the iv part (the most basic part lol). I've calibrated my parameters and picked a seed with frame 1, the iv spread is roughly perfect, but for some reason when I capture the pokemon and check its ivs they never match. I have already tried to start the game 1 second in advance because that was my offset during calibration. Here's some of my info that might be helpful:

{{{Vcount= 82 Vframe=8 Timer=1107 Gxstat=6}}}

Btw im just trying this out with the minccino on route 5 in the hidden grotto after Bianca does the demonstration... I hope I included enough information :3

If anybody could help me out that would be greatly appreciated! :)

edit: maybe my ids will be helpful too
ID=19587 SID=61376
It's probably because of the wrong timer0, causing you to hit the wrong seed and thus get the wrong IV's. Nothing you can really do except keep trying, although some people find using an external timer helpful to hit the right seed. :)
woops kept looking at my pearl ID, hehe

aaand it looks like that ID was input into the time finder data O_O
Ouch. Sorry about that. Here's hoping you find a new seed without too much effort!

It's probably because of the wrong timer0, causing you to hit the wrong seed and thus get the wrong IV's. Nothing you can really do except keep trying, although some people find using an external timer helpful to hit the right seed. :)
oh... so do i need to calibrate again or do i just keep trying? sorry if thats a stupid question xD

btw thanks for the quick reply! :)

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
oh... so do i need to calibrate again or do i just keep trying? sorry if thats a stupid question xD

btw thanks for the quick reply! :)
haha, no not at all. Just keep at it. If it starts to get excessive, you may want to consider recalibrating as you may not be using your most common timer0.

You're welcome. Always glad to help :D

Edit: Let me rephrase that. If it's wrong an excessive amount of times, you may want to recalibrate. It's not uncommon for it to be wrong though, especially in BW2. You usually hit ~3 or more timer0's but it varies.

haha, no not at all. Just keep at it. If it starts to get excessive, you may want to consider recalibrating as you may not be using your most common timer0.

You're welcome. Always glad to help :D
ah i see.. i guess i was getting impatient-- i'll try again tomorrow. thanks a bunch :)

I'm at a bit of a loss. I've been attempting to rng my English White on my 3DS, but even with calibrating I'm getting wildly varying results that aren't even +/- 10 seconds from my seed or +/-2 Timer0s away. Putting the IVs from the latest Virizion I caught into the parameter searcher gives me the seed 91B409CEAA171565 which matches my all of my calibration results and shares the exact same time as the seed I'm trying to hit (52D92BD2BABA62FC). I've never had this type of trouble using the DS brick/lite or DSi, so I'm not sure what's going wrong here.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Never thought of using the parameter searcher to find adjacent seeds, but I guess that works...would recommend the adjacent seed tool but that's a little buggy in 9.96.5 iirc. What time are you trying to hit, and what time are you putting into the searcher? Not sure why you would be getting two different seeds, unless there's something else that's different or I'm missing something. You said same time, but I'm assuming it also has the same date? haha

Edit: forgot to quote. Too Funk to Druck

I'm using PPRNG, and I have used the adjacent seed finder. I mentioned in my post that it didn't show anything +/-10 seconds and +/-2 Timer0s. Everything is inputted the same throughout.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I'm using PPRNG, and I have used the adjacent seed finder. I mentioned in my post that it didn't show anything +/-10 seconds and +/-2 Timer0s. Everything is inputted the same throughout.
Oh, so then I think the adjacent seed tool would be fine. Do you have ranges on all of your parameters? I think the Vcount might change with the 3ds iirc. Did you try making the seconds even larger (+/- 30). Sometimes the 3ds is slow to boot up. Ok so, you are putting in the seed time into the calibrator (which as a side note, I'm assuming you're actually trying to calibrate?)? Are you pushing any buttons on start up, and are you starting your game at the seed time or earlier?

Sorry for so many questions, there's just a lot than could be going wrong. Picture might help. I Don't use Mac or the 3ds to rng so I'll do what I can haha.

Oh, so then I think the adjacent seed tool would be fine. Do you have ranges on all of your parameters? I think the Vcount might change with the 3ds iirc. Did you try making the seconds even larger (+/- 30). Sometimes the 3ds is slow to boot up. Ok so, you are putting in the seed time into the calibrator (which as a side note, I'm assuming you're actually trying to calibrate?)? Are you pushing any buttons on start up, and are you starting your game at the seed time or earlier?

Sorry for so many questions, there's just a lot than could be going wrong. Picture might help. I Don't use Mac or the 3ds to rng so I'll do what I can haha.
My Vcount has remained consistent throughout all of my calibrations, so I doubt it's that. I also checked at +/- 30 seconds, though it matched nothing, which I figured since my 3DS has only an 8 second delay when loading the game up. I'm holding B and R on start up and I'm starting 8 seconds before not at the seed time (I'm aware you don't start at the same time as the seed time. I've rnged before). I'll try to get pictures though I've already closed out of PPRNG.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
My Vcount has remained consistent throughout all of my calibrations, so I doubt it's that. I also checked at +/- 30 seconds, though it matched nothing, which I figured since my 3DS has only an 8 second delay when loading the game up. I'm holding B and R on start up and I'm starting 8 seconds before not at the seed time (I'm aware you don't start at the same time as the seed time. I've rnged before). I'll try to get pictures though I've already closed out of PPRNG.
Thanks. I think a picture would help. Based on the fact that you hit the right time before but didn't get the right seed, you might not be putting in the correct keypresses in the calibrator (or using the right ones). Just a theory though.

Oh, and to make sure I'm definitely on the same page, you are using the calibrator to attempt to see if you hit the right seed that you chose in the time finder?

Thanks. I think a picture would help. Based on the fact that you hit the right time before but didn't get the right seed, you might not be putting in the correct keypresses in the calibrator (or using the right ones). Just a theory though.

Oh, and to make sure I'm definitely on the same page, you are using the calibrator to attempt to see if you hit the right seed that you chose in the time finder?
I definitely put in the right keypresses. And yes, I'm using the calibrator just to see something since the adjacent seeds tab doesn't have whatever seed I'm hitting.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I definitely put in the right keypresses. And yes, I'm using the calibrator just to see something since the adjacent seeds tab doesn't have whatever seed I'm hitting.
Ok. Well, for now I guess just double check to make sure that you input the right keypresses/are using them correctly (unless there's a bug in the PPRNG, that's the only reason I can come up with for you to get the right time and parameters but not the right seed), and that you are actually putting in the time you press A on the ds menu into the calibrator and not the time of the seed.

Sorry we haven't found the solution yet, but we'll figure it out.

If my DS Lite is going to die, can I RNG abuse on a DSi or 3DS? If so, how do I do that?
It's basically the same as the DS Lite, iirc. I don't know the specifics, but I think the delay is 3 seconds for DSi and 8 for 3DS. Hopefully someone will correct me/answer you.

I know literally nothing about the 2DS - might have the same delay as 3DS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)