Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-119122629 Apparently it's possible to somehow join a random battle and OU battle at the same time, with the result being a Random Battle team in OU.
I somehow did it :)
I searched for an OU match first then clicked cancel because I wanted to play a random battle, normally this would not be a problem and you would join just the random battle or you would join two perfectly normal games. However for some reason I managed to get a random battle team in OU. Although this was funny it also kind of sucked because random battle teams are underleveled and as a result I lost some of my hard earned ladder rating, but still it was fun using reshiram in OU :)

Last edited:
Really annoying bug:

There is a bug where if you hit the "skip to next turn" button during the battle, there is a chance that the screen will freeze and apparently the only way to fix it is to copy the link, open a new tab, and paste it. I know a few other people are having this exact problem and one of the voiced folk in UU - Jayyce knows of it. Someone should work to get this fixed because hitting the button is a bad habit of mine and it causes a lot of my loses.

Really annoying bug:

There is a bug where if you hit the "skip to next turn" button during the battle, there is a chance that the screen will freeze and apparently the only way to fix it is to copy the link, open a new tab, and paste it. I know a few other people are having this exact problem and one of the voiced folk in UU - Jayyce knows of it. Someone should work to get this fixed because hitting the button is a bad habit of mine and it causes a lot of my loses.
This is a well-known bug, and is being worked on.

Hello, I've found another couple of bugs in the Gen 3 OU beta, just figure I'll do what i did last time, and show what happens on showdown, and what happens on a real Fire Red cartridge.

Anyway, the first bug has to do with the move explosion. In gen 3, when an opponent's pokemon explodes, and the yours is not KO'd by it, your pokemon is unable to move for that turn. This includes any kind of move, be it damaging or not. In showdown however I've found that while damaging moves do not occur, moves that do not have a target (ie moves that are not affected by protect, such as spikes, boosting moves, recovery moves etc.) do actually occur in the time between the exploder fainting, and being replaced by the next pokemon.

The second bug has to do with leftovers recovery. If your pokemon faints, and you bring in a new one, both you and your opponents should receive passive recovery/damage before the next turn starts, however on showdown this occurs before the replacement is brought in.

Here is a log that shows both of these bugs:
Turn 19
Linken-Skywalker withdrew Gengar!

Linken-Skywalker sent out Blissey!

Gengar usedThunderbolt!

A critical hit!The opposing Blissey lost 23% of its health!

The sandstorm rages.

Gengar is buffeted by the sandstorm!

The opposing Blissey is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Gengar restored HP using its Leftovers!

The opposing Blissey restored HP using its Leftovers!

Turn 20
Gengar usedExplosion!

The opposing Blissey lost 75% of its health!

Gengar fainted!

The opposing Blissey usedSoft-Boiled!

The opposing Blissey regained health!

The sandstorm rages.

Dan the Cowboy:ugh stupid explosion bug

Go! Dugtrio!

Dugtrio is hurt by the spikes!

Turn 21
Dugtrio usedEarthquake!

The opposing Blissey lost 49% of its health!

The opposing Blissey usedSoft-Boiled!

The opposing Blissey regained health!

The sandstorm rages.

Turn 22
As you can see, the gengar used explosion, and the blissey was able to use softboiled afterwards, preventing the sand from killing it. Also notice how the blissey is hurt by sand, and gains leftovers before the dugtrio comes in.

This link shows how it works on a real gen 3 cartridge.

Here, the gengar uses explosion on the forretress, and the forretress is not able to use spikes following this. Softboiled and spikes fall into the same category of targetless moves, therefore had it been a blissey, and had it used softboiled it would not have been able to pull that off either. Also note how the forretress gains leftovers after the follow up gengar switches in, meaning the gengar also would have received leftovers if it had been damaged.

Last edited:
When I use the download version there isn't any background music even though I don't mute it. The web version still works fine. Any help ?

Hello. I recently try to build-up a Gen III team, but I found some bugs. It is about moves from Pokémon who normally can learn it in Gen III, but when I try after that to play a battle, an error message displays that the Pokémon cannot learn this move.
Here are two Pokémon :
  • Shedinja with Sword-Dance. He can learn it in Gen 3 when Nincale evolve at level 25 because in the same time Ninjask learn it as well. But the issue is that the software display that this move is not compatible with other moves I set (when I try to start a battle). The other moves are : Shadow Ball (learn by level 38), Confuse Ray (learn by level 31) and Silver Wind (learn by reproduction by its pre-evolution, for instance with Beautifly who learn it at level 34).
  • Altaria with Heal Bell. The software displays that Altaria can't learn it, but it in fact can in the game Pokémon XD.
That's all for now. Thanks for your attention.

I'd like to report a bug I don't have a vid and I forgot the pokemon but when I was battling My oppenets pokemon used Roost and it takes your Flying type away I used Ice Beam of course it did normal Damage (my opponents pokemon was Normal/flying ) but after a turn I used Ice Beam again but this time it said "It's Super Effective" even though that pokemon used Roost is this suppose to happen? I think the server thought that the pokemon has its flying type BTW srry for my spelling

Also about the Zygarde post I was mistaken it was coil and any news about it because it still says "Your Team was rejected for the following reasons : Zygarde is unable to learn Coil. Zygarde is unable to learn Outrage.

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
I'd like to report a bug I don't have a vid and I forgot the pokemon but when I was battling My oppenets pokemon used Roost and it takes your Flying type away I used Ice Beam of course it did normal Damage (my opponents pokemon was Normal/flying ) but after a turn I used Ice Beam again but this time it said "It's Super Effective" even though that pokemon used Roost is this suppose to happen? I think the server thought that the pokemon has its flying type BTW srry for my spelling
I mean, if you don't have a replay of the battle, it is literally impossible for us to tell what happened and determine whether it is a bug or not. So yeah...

Mega Mewtwo Y has a gender
Regular Mewtwo does not have a gender on here so this only happens if you choose mega Mewtwo which you'd never choose outside of custom game or hackmons. To use a mega pokemon, choose its normal form and give it the mega stone as a hold item.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-119950849 I have a replay here where Sticky Web does not work. I'm pretty sure it's a bug but I don't know why it's not working
Sticky Web doesn't work on airborne Pokémon (Flying-type Pokémon, Pokémon with Levitate, Pokémon holding an Air Balloon, and Pokémon under the effects of Magnet Rise or Telekinesis that are not under the effects of Gravity, Smack Down, Ingrain, Thousand Waves, or are holding an Iron Ball).

This includes Weezing, who has Levitate. You'll note that Sticky Web did lower the Speed of Delphox and Wormadam.

Sticky Web doesn't work on airborne Pokémon (Flying-type Pokémon, Pokémon with Levitate, Pokémon holding an Air Balloon, and Pokémon under the effects of Magnet Rise or Telekinesis that are not under the effects of Gravity, Smack Down, Ingrain, Thousand Waves, or are holding an Iron Ball).

This includes Weezing, who has Levitate. You'll note that Sticky Web did lower the Speed of Delphox and Wormadam.
Thank you for informing me. But this doesn't answer why it didn't affect Delphox and Wormadam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)