Six Move Battling XY

Mega Banette appreciates Return more than Knock Off simply for coverage issues. Otherwise, Dark types wall you (though most don't appreciate a burn) and the Ghost + Dark coverage is pretty redundant. Throbulator's set was fine (though Knock Off could be used over Shadow Claw I guess). Disable's good to have, but unnecessary, though Substitute can be rather helpful.
I chose shadow claw over knock mainly because I like hyper offense.

The correct spread is 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SDef, giving you maximal overall bulk.
But you do not need to be split, just because they're equal doesn't mean they've gotta be the same. Mega Charizard X has the same Attack and Special Attack for example, but you only invest in Attack because it's a Physical attacker, Shuckle is a physical wall, not a mixed wall. I get trying to make it all around bulky, but leave special walling to some other shit

The correct spread is 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SDef, giving you maximal overall bulk.
But you do not need to be split, just because they're equal doesn't mean they've gotta be the same. Mega Charizard X has the same Attack and Special Attack for example, but you only invest in Attack because it's a Physical attacker, Shuckle is a physical wall, not a mixed wall. I get trying to make it all around bulky, but leave special walling to some other shit

1. Shuckle is used primally as a supporter. not as a wall, but has decent support options (Sticky Web, Encore, Infestation, Stealth Rock, Power Split etc.)
2. The reason why you invest in it's attack stat is Tought Claws. The reason why Nidoking invests in SpAtt is it's movepool. Shuckle neither has an ability that raises one defensive Stat, nor moves that work well with one defensive Stat.

Vryheid

fudge jelly
Baton Pass sounds ridiculously good in this. You can still run exactly the same teams as before, but now you c, but now you can slap attacks on everything anyways.

Why do new people think you should just 50/50 everything? I've seen someone recommend 252 def 252 spdef neutral nature Shuckle too which is just...
So that way, you have a something that can take hits from both sides, saving a teamslot, instead of having on physical wall and one special wall. it's still a bad idea, which is why i don't like registeel's stats that much.

So that way, you have a something that can take hits from both sides, saving a teamslot, instead of having on physical wall and one special wall. it's still a bad idea, which is why i don't like registeel's stats that much.
No. I mean running max Def max SpDef on Shuckle...

No. I mean running max Def max SpDef on Shuckle...
Whereas Shuckle needs to run HP to be effective.

Basically, walls have 3 stats where they want to invest in. HP, Def and SDef. You can only choose 2 or be a mixed wall, which is not that effective in the HO-meta we currently have, so you need to choose.

Shuckle is a bit awkward in this regard though, so 252 HP and 128 in both defences is something I can understand, but for other mons, their typing or stat layout lends them to defend on one side of the spectrum better than the other (another exception is Amoonguss, but idk in which tier that thing is).

Whereas Shuckle needs to run HP to be effective.

Basically, walls have 3 stats where they want to invest in. HP, Def and SDef. You can only choose 2 or be a mixed wall, which is not that effective in the HO-meta we currently have, so you need to choose.

Shuckle is a bit awkward in this regard though, so 252 HP and 128 in both defences is something I can understand, but for other mons, their typing or stat layout lends them to defend on one side of the spectrum better than the other (another exception is Amoonguss, but idk in which tier that thing is).
I never said I did that I was telling people not to

aeiglslash

shadow sneak
sacred sword
iron head
swords dance
shadow claw
kings shield
I think a mixed set primarily special Aegislash works better since its easy to burn due to low speed and King's shield not preventing it. Maybe something like,
Shadow Ball
Flash Cannon/Sub/Head Smash??
Shadow Sneak
Sacred Sword
Kings Shield
Sub/Toxic

Coverage and Power in a single set? Go smeargle!

Smeargle@Expert Belt
252 Atk / 252 SAtk
Serious Nature
- Giga Impact
- Blast Burn
- Frenzy Plant
- Hydro Cannon
- Rock Wrecker
- Roar Of Time

Actually smeargle can now do Bellypass better

Smeargle@Sitrus Berry / Salac Berry
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Belly Drum
- Baton Pass
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Sneak / Shadow Punch / Knock Off / Roost
- Substitute / Flame Charge

Classic Smeargle set, now with recovery and maybe some power to hit with when needed.

I'll just leave this here...

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Careful Nature
- Confuse Ray
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Metal Burst

Coverage and Power in a single set? Go smeargle!

Smeargle@Expert Belt
252 Atk / 252 SAtk
Serious Nature
- Giga Impact
- Blast Burn
- Frenzy Plant
- Hydro Cannon
- Rock Wrecker
- Roar Of Time

Actually smeargle can now do Bellypass better

Smeargle@Sitrus Berry / Salac Berry
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Belly Drum
- Baton Pass
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Sneak / Shadow Punch / Knock Off / Roost
- Substitute / Flame Charge

Classic Smeargle set, now with recovery and maybe some power to hit with when needed.
That's a joke right? Lemme just show you how terrible smeargle is offensively.

252+ SpA Expert Belt Smeargle Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 298-350 (84.6 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Maximum Sp. Atk Smeargle cannot OHKO a Ferrothorn completely uninvested in Sp.Defense with Blast Burn without it having prior damage on it. It says Fire Blast because for some stupid reason you cannot select Blast Burn in the damage calculator, so I just went with Fire Blast and bumped it's power up to 150.

Using Smeargle for offense will not get you anywhere except the bottom of the ladder.

Last edited:
That's a joke right? Lemme just show you how terrible smeargle is offensively.

252+ SpA Expert Belt Smeargle Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 298-350 (84.6 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Maximum Sp. Atk Smeargle cannot OHKO a Ferrothorn completely uninvested in Sp.Defense with Blast Burn without it having prior damage on it. It says Fire Blast because for some stupid reason you cannot select Blast Burn in the damage calculator, so I just went with Fire Blast and bumped it's power up to 150.

Using Smeargle for offense will not get you anywhere except the bottom of the ladder.
Considering the next set was preceded by "actually" and that was an actually viable set, the offensive smeargle set was definitely a joke.

Also, nice necrobump. But hey, it needed it, cus this is a cool meta.

Considering the next set was preceded by "actually" and that was an actually viable set, the offensive smeargle set was definitely a joke.

Also, nice necrobump. But hey, it needed it, cus this is a cool meta.
Hell yeah it did. I'd like to actually find people that play this when I try it out tomorrow so I might as well alert the players am I right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)