Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I think they'll include the Legendary Beasts in the aftergame too. Discounting events and counting Dream Radar, those are the legends we've gone the longest time without in a game.

I agree lol, I hated these as a child. Everyone had to either guide book it or they had to google it. I think looking at it now despite the frustration its kind of odd and a bit fun to go on the search and attempt to unlock the chambers for the Regi's. As far as puzzles go I think they may tone down the Braille puzzles or will make it easier for players to understand them. Its not so much a difficulty thing the way I see it. Its more of how patient you are in my opinion.
I think they should redesign the puzzle to make it so that you get clues from NPC's on towns, and not a Braille writing.

Also, I think they'll include the Legendary Beasts in the aftergame too. Discounting events and counting Dream Radar, those are the legends we've gone the longest time without in a game.
They should make them stationary, like Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf in BW2

Somewhere I think Pokemon X and Y dropped the ball is a lack of "Round 2" with Gym Leaders and the Elite 4. They introduce Mega Evolutions, but you only face three and one is a very scripted fight (Korrina). They even let you rebattle the Gym Leaders in the Chateau but...meh. Going back around the map a second time, rechallenging the gyms and elite 4, but with new and much stronger teams and each one having a Mega would've been sweet.

There's no reason to believe they'd implement such an ideal for the remakes, but I really hope they do.

Last edited:
Somewhere I think Pokemon X and Y dropped the ball is a lack of "Round 2" with Gym Leaders and the Elite 4. They introduce Mega Evolutions, but the only time you ever face one in-game is the Champion. They even let you rebattle the Gym Leaders in the Chateau but...meh. Going back around the map a second time, rechallenging the gyms and elite 4, but with new and much stronger teams and each one having a Mega would've been sweet.

There's no reason to believe they'd implement such an ideal for the remakes, but I really hope they do.
A new round for the E4 with all having Megas is fine, but not every single Gym lol

Regarding the "patching" of XY to add more content, I can't help but think it's unlikely, much as I want Mega Swampert... As I 'm sure has been said already, why would they only put SOME of the ORAS content into XY if they knew there'd be more. Why bother adding code for Mega Lati@s and not for Mega Swampert?
Of course, there's always the possibility that there's still more data(or lack of data) in XY that the hackers haven't found yet, but that seems unlikely, or that they hadn't Mega Swampert wasn't finished in time to be included in XY, but that doesn't really tie in with the development schedule that's already been discussed..
It's actually really common in game development for unfinished ideas to be left in game. You can find data for Gastrodon in RSE even though he didn't make an appearance until DP. I've mentioned this before but I actually think that mega lati@s is an unfinished pokemon as well. There's also a number of decisions that could have been made that we simply don't know about. It could have been decided early on that Blaziken would be the only non RBY starter to get an evolution hence why we wouldn't find any data for other starter mega evolutions. Obviously I don't know for certain that we'll be getting any new mega evolutions but it's too soon to rule it out completely.

It's actually really common in game development for unfinished ideas to be left in game. You can find data for Gastrodon in RSE even though he didn't make an appearance until DP. I've mentioned this before but I actually think that mega lati@s is an unfinished pokemon as well. There's also a number of decisions that could have been made that we simply don't know about. It could have been decided early on that Blaziken would be the only non RBY starter to get an evolution hence why we wouldn't find any data for other starter mega evolutions. Obviously I don't know for certain that we'll be getting any new mega evolutions but it's too soon to rule it out completely.
I think I might agree with this, if for one reason only (about Lati@s being mega). It's always confused me that their megas looked exactly the same. Not even a little distinction? Color, perhaps? Which makes me think, like Gastrodon, this was an unfinished concept where they filled in one evolution for both, and that in reality they won't actually be the same. That may be wishful thinking on my part, but I still don't get even so why they'd have the SAME EXACT mega evolution.

A lot of people are saying that because the hackers never revealed any Mega-Sceptile or Mega-Swampert they can't and will not exist. What if the hackers are hiding that information from us just to troll us?

A lot of people are saying that because the hackers never revealed any Mega-Sceptile or Mega-Swampert they can't and will not exist. What if the hackers are hiding that information from us just to troll us?
That is incredibly unlikely. What seems to be possible is that they'll be programmed into ORAS and the stones won't be able to be traded into XY, if they're even going to be made at all.

However, the fact that the Blazikenite was an event brings up concerns. If you can get a Swampertite and Sceptilite in ORAS, then it would be weird not to get a Blazikenite too (or it might be starter-dependent), right? However, then the Blazikenite would no longer be event-only. I think that no event-only Pokémon or item has ever been made available without an event... perhaps a possible Swampertite and Sceptilite would also be event items?

EDIT: Whoops, forgot about the Rotom formes and Soul Dew. I guess it's not a problem then.

Last edited:
That is incredibly unlikely. What seems to be possible is that they'll be programmed into ORAS and the stones won't be able to be traded into XY, if they're even going to be made at all.

However, the fact that the Blazikenite was an event brings up concerns. If you can get a Swampertite and Sceptilite in ORAS, then it would be weird not to get a Blazikenite too (or it might be starter-dependent), right? However, then the Blazikenite would no longer be event-only. I think that no event-only Pokémon or item has ever been made available without an event... perhaps a possible Swampertite and Sceptilite would also be event items?
Rotom forms and Soul Dew disagree

Just as I posted earlier, what if they just add a new "patch", with the excuse of bug fixing and adding the second hidden Vivlion pattern when they also include the data for the Swamperite and Sceptilite and M-Sceptile and Swampert without telling?

Last edited:
You also got Korrina's Mega Lucario and Lysandre's Mega Gyarados, as well as Calem/Serena's Mega Absol in the aftergame.
Goddammit. I beat both X and Y and still forgot them. Thanks for that.
A new round for the E4 with all having Megas is fine, but not every single Gym lol
I have a super hard-on for the Pokemon Stadium games, and so every feature I ever think of tends to revolve around how they were handled. And in the Stadium games there was a round two where you got to rebattle all 16 gyms, Elite 4, and Red with much tougher teams, so the idea of only 8 gym leaders and E4 doens't seem like much to me.

I have a super hard-on for the Pokemon Stadium games, and so every feature I ever think of tends to revolve around how they were handled. And in the Stadium games there was a round two where you got to rebattle all 16 gyms, Elite 4, and Red with much tougher teams, so the idea of only 8 gym leaders and E4 doens't seem like much to me.
Which is why they should add some side quests on which you beat mini-leagues

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Also, I doubt we will see a "GBA Sounds" in ORAS. The difference in music style between G/S and HG/SS was significant enough to justify it (going from 16-bit beeps to actual instruments), but between R/S and ORAS it's less dramatic. The music wouldn't be that much different with worse instruments either way.
I couldn't disagree more; consider the difference between the Hoenn champion theme and BW2's version. And the hardware has only improved from BW2. Yeah, it may not be 16-bit beeps, but GBA music sounds muffled and less complex than the DSi equivalent. I'm not very good at hardware but I know there is a huge gulf between what the 3DS and GBA can offer in terms of sound. The 3DS can handle orchestral music with live instruments whereas the GBA still had to manage with what I affectionately call "improved beeps".

Of course, some people prefer the original music and I'm not claiming one is better than the other. I like the option of toggling myself because the arrangements may not be faithful (I hated HGSS' Kanto gym leader battle theme, whereas the original is one of my favorite pieces of game music ever) or for nostalgia purposes. I also think making it unlockable so you have to listen to the new music first (yes, I play my vidya with sound on) is perfect. But I strongly disagree that the difference isn't large enough to warrant a "GBA sounds". The sound specs as far as what GBA and 3DS carts can handle are night and day, and that's not taking into account further creative liberties GF might take with the music.

I think it's time to start laying out a team. So far I've got Blaziken / Shiftry / Pelipper / Gardevoir / Tentacool / Tropius, the two latter being HM Slaves. However, I'm thinking I should use Azumarill instead of Pelipper because, you know, it's actually good now.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just wanted to point out that the rooster is the national animal of France (like the bald eagle for America), which could explain why Blaziken's Mega was released first and as an event.

I couldn't disagree more; consider the difference between the Hoenn champion theme and BW2's version. And the hardware has only improved from BW2. Yeah, it may not be 16-bit beeps, but GBA music sounds muffled and less complex than the DSi equivalent. I'm not very good at hardware but I know there is a huge gulf between what the 3DS and GBA can offer in terms of sound. The 3DS can handle orchestral music with live instruments whereas the GBA still had to manage with what I affectionately call "improved beeps".

Of course, some people prefer the original music and I'm not claiming one is better than the other. I like the option of toggling myself because the arrangements may not be faithful (I hated HGSS' Kanto gym leader battle theme, whereas the original is one of my favorite pieces of game music ever) or for nostalgia purposes. I also think making it unlockable so you have to listen to the new music first (yes, I play my vidya with sound on) is perfect. But I strongly disagree that the difference isn't large enough to warrant a "GBA sounds". The sound specs as far as what GBA and 3DS carts can handle are night and day, and that's not taking into account further creative liberties GF might take with the music.
Sometimes the remixes can be overdone. I prefer the GBA Gen 1 champ theme over the B2w2 remake and I hate certain parts of the B2W2 remake of Gen 3's champion theme, if you listen to some parts of it it doesn't transition smoothly at all and it's just meh because they try to make it too "Epic"

One thing that makes people like the older versions is because of the simplicity

I just found this neat little app where you can make your own secret base online, have fun being more hyped for all those wanting them back.
I loved this feature to death when I was a kid! Spent hours upon hours purchasing decorations and furnishing my dream mini-house. I was the biggest "interior designer" back then having friends aka my clients, asking me to design their secret bases for them. Clearly, my artistic flair is unparalleled and coveted by most.

This brings back so much. ;^; Hopefully this feature makes a return in the upcoming remake.

I think it's time to start laying out a team. So far I've got Blaziken / Shiftry / Pelipper / Gardevoir / Tentacool / Tropius, the two latter being HM Slaves. However, I'm thinking I should use Azumarill instead of Pelipper because, you know, it's actually good now.
You can check my description for my team. My AS team, which I'm getting first, is a recreation of my original team, with two replacements. Since I no longer do two of the same type on a team, I took out Torkoal for Whismur (boomburst yo) and removed my favorite of Seedot for Aron, one of my pokemon that became a favorite after my first playthrough of gen 3. Torchic was my original starter, Swablu one of my favs, lotad an early love, and Electrike my favorite pokemon in the generation (minus Torchic).

On my second team, I wanted to use Treecko (my second fav starter) but wanted to use Shiftry more, so I went with Mudkip instead. Looking through ones that can learn fly, I used a Flygon recently, already have a water type (no pelliper) and only want gen 3 pokes so Taillow it was. I needed more early game mons and never really used a Ralts and, now that he's fairy and has a mega, I wanted to try him out. Same goes for Makuhita in that I liked him but never tried him out, so I'll use him here. Lastly, dusclops interests me. I always liked Duskull but never really used him much, and now that Eviolite Dusclops is a thing I thought that would be fun to use in-game (still not sure if I'll fully evolve it.

I've got names planned out and everything, I just can't WAIT for this game!

Flames II the Torchic
Miror C the Lotad
POW Block the Whismur
Ruff the Electrike
Metalgame the Aron
Nimbus the Swablu

Skipper the Mudkip
Twitchy the Taillow (who gets the reference? Not TPP)
Stick Ninja the Seedot
Guardian the Ralts
Slammer the Makuhita
Tula the Duskull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)