The Most Facepalm Worthy Thing You Have Done in All of Pokémon

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
I think one of my worst mistakes occurred during the age of 10 or 11. Pokemon Colosseum had came out and my friend managed to link my game with my Sapphire. In doing so I managed to receive the Eon Ticket for Latios(Latias was roaming Hoenn at the time). I would visit the island a few times just to see Latios. My Master Ball wasted, I finally decided going after Latios, I stocked up on Pokeballs as well. The one logical thing I did before fighting Latios was saving the game like you normally would catching a legendary Pokemon. I would battle Latios repeatedly either killing it or dying from it. During one of these failed attempts, either out of fear or just sheer stupidity I managed to save my game after killing Latios. Latios was lost forever, there was no way to get it back. It took me a while to come to a decision on my game, and I realized to write my wrong I would restart my game and pursue Latios again this time having realized my mistake.This meant deleting my team, losing all my progress in Hoenn, and worst of all starting all over from the bottom again. I eagerly restarted Kyogre. I went over to my friends house to ask him if we could perform the same special gift exchange from Colosseum to Sapphire. Unfortunately, to my shock, my friend felt that Pokemon Colosseum wasn't a great game, so he had sold the game with a few others. I failed to catch Latios, and even worse I restarted my game in hopes of fixing my error.

Somewhere in Pokémon Colosseum, you get a Plusle from the character Duking, which is like level 13. For whatever reason, I thought that Plusle would eventually evolve into Latias (similar colour pattern? I don't know). Well, it didn't, and I didn't realize that until Plusle hit level 75. That was pretty dumb.

In Platinum, not Reviving my Uxie before I faced the 3rd Elite Four because I thought it was dark type (it wasn't). Okay, not THAT bad, and I won the League anyway. Then, before saving, I battled Mesprit and used Mean Look, then failed to catch it. Had to restart the league, THEN Googled it and found I could complete the League again to encounter it again.

I was playing Pokemon blue and I was at the part where you battle your rival after the 8th gym. I for some reason took a lv3 caterpie where I didn't even know where i got it from and tried pounding on his Alakazam I couldn't seem to beat. I eventually won. In the future, I was playing Leafgreen and was at the same situation except it was a Charizard that time. couldn't beat it so got a lv 20 slowpoke and taught it surf. Eventually won after a while of failed attempts. Idk, don't ask me how, I had no clue what happened or what I was doing. Also, I managed to get to the elite 4. First member, only had a blastoise left which was the only pokemon I had that was good or at a decent level. Got insanely luck and ohko everything in my path till I got to Lance and lost to his gyarados. Never got that lucky again.

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
That also reminds me, not sure if its a facepalm kind of deal, but I played Fire Red as of recent, I wanted to make a Red-Esque team, the Team consisted of Charzard, Pikachu, Snorlax, Kabutops, Nidoking, and Dragonite, I was piss poor so I went into the Elite 4 with about 20 or so Full Restores and 30 Revives, my team was Level 50+ with Dnite as the highest (55). My Pikachu got absolutely destroyed, every single encounter with a pokemon it just got flat out killed, none of its moves were strong enough to even finish off another persons team, my biggest problem was I was spending alot of potions on Pikachu. Pikachu got destroyed by Loreli, Bruno, Agetha, Lance. You'd be asking me why I didn't mention Gary, my team was so underleveled and unbalanced. I had Snorlax by the time I reached Gary. Yep, thats right good ol Snorlax, I tried to Rest/Attack, got destroyed by his Blastoise. Never bring Pikachu into the Elite 4, never go underleveled, and most importantly come prepared ._.

I honestly don't have many of those moments since I didn't actually own a main series game until the day before my 16th birthday, when I got Platinum. I've occasionally misclicked something or forgot an ability, etc, but nothing really stupid. Just wasn't paying attention. But here's my one notably stupid moment:
When I first started playing Pokémon, I had zero clue to what I was doing outside of stuff I learned watching the anime when I saw in elementary school. So I didn't understand stats or the base powers of moves. I somehow got it into my mind that the more PP a move had, the more powerful it was. Remember, I was 16 at the time. Luckily, I learned better quickly and I did teach my Infernape Close Combat when it first could.

When I first played Sapphire, having only previously played Blue for a little bit, I thought those bits of tall grass on Route 101 were all "Use Cut to pass!" trees, so I was trying to work out how the hell to get through ...

I used to be one of those kids who thought all those gimmick Pokemon were quite powerful(blame the anime)such as Lucario(a personal favorite),Zoroark(still good tho),Kelceon,Castform,and most of all Pikachu.

And Unown
In what universe is Lucario a gimmick? The others, sure, but I see none for Lucario. Please explain, because I really want to know how it can be a gimmick.

Lucario is a gimmick,at least to the younger fans of Pokemon.Most of them usually run Aura Sphere/whatever,and Lucario is also slightly overrated.
Uh, Aura Sphere is a staple on Special Lucario (well, unless you want to rely on Focus Miss...). It's also Luke's signature move... I don't think you quite fully understand what a gimmick is.

I was having trouble catching a Metapod in FireRed, having wasted all my money on potions and having only normal Poké Balls left. I threw my Master Ball.

That Metapod never evolved, since I never figured out how to use the EXP Share.

This:
A wild Virizion appeared!
Go! Musharna!
(Pretty normal…)
Musharna used Hypnosis! The wild Virizion fell asleep! The wild Virizion is fast asleep.
(Still pretty normal…)
Mark used a Quick Ball!
I proceeded to throw Ultra Balls and catch the Virizion, but yeah...
Mine was promptly killed by a fly.

So I´m not the only one who has traded shinies for "normal" pokemon... I traded a shiny zubat (the green sprite is really sweet) for something like medicham in saphire.... I was really young and didn´t know pretty much anything about pokemon yet...

I just came back from a 160 Chain (wanted to catch 100 3IV Dittos)

just to find out my chain broke at some point without noticing (turned off the music, probably I moved away too far from the chain spots, that's the only thing I can think off.

I just had like 10 3IVs and 1 Shiny...

I broke it at least 2 times... and when I reset pokeradar I accidentaly had a new ditto so I didn't notice

Last edited:
White 2 was the first game that I used to get more into competitive battling, and I started with breeding. I decided to get a ton of Ditto with different natures and hopefully some good IV's. I looked up how to best catch Ditto, which involved leading with a Magikarp, then switching to your catcher. Fairly simple, and it worked really well. The Ditto could only Splash or weakly Tackle me. The thing is though, I thought that it would make sense to catch them in Dive Balls, since that would be best to catch Magikarp with. I caught literally 20 Ditto in Dive Balls, using about 5-10 balls each encounter before I thought "Why is the catch rate so low?" I then decided to use an Ultra Ball and caught one with the first ball I used. My best catch was a Ditto I named SWEEP with perfect IVs in Attack, Sp. Attack, and Speed, in a Dive Ball.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
This isn't my worst moment, but I already posted that one here and it's in my signature.

You know that feeling when you have just finished raising a Bold 31/0/31/31/31/31 Porygon2 to Level 100 and realize you needed a Calm one? Good times...

White 2 was the first game that I used to get more into competitive battling, and I started with breeding. I decided to get a ton of Ditto with different natures and hopefully some good IV's. I looked up how to best catch Ditto, which involved leading with a Magikarp, then switching to your catcher. Fairly simple, and it worked really well. The Ditto could only Splash or weakly Tackle me. The thing is though, I thought that it would make sense to catch them in Dive Balls, since that would be best to catch Magikarp with. I caught literally 20 Ditto in Dive Balls, using about 5-10 balls each encounter before I thought "Why is the catch rate so low?" I then decided to use an Ultra Ball and caught one with the first ball I used. My best catch was a Ditto I named SWEEP with perfect IVs in Attack, Sp. Attack, and Speed, in a Dive Ball.
I don't think that's a facepalm worthy moment. Throwing the Dive Balls actually makes sense. Net Balls would actually have a chance considering that the multiplier for it looks at type (and Ditto is technically a Water-type) where Dive Balls look at the location (i.e. did you encounter it while fishing or surfing).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)