np: XY UU Stage 1 - Reload [Salamence: BL | Next: DROPS!!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
WebBowser easier said than done to rack up that much prior damage on a Slowbro thanks to Regenerator. Slack Off healing more than what the damage output from Darm often means that Slowbro will win anyway as I find it rather easy to keep Slowbro at high HP. Not the best Slowbro bait I would say, especially considering the amount of self harm that Darm would do as well. Could see this working wonders with a lot of hazards stacked though.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Crawdaunt is one of those things that doesnt have very many counters, but can be checked pretty well. Anything that can tank an Aqua Jet and can actually use an offensive move can KO the Lobster thanks to his shitty bulk. A Poke that comes to mind right off the bat is Mega Manectric. He can Intimidate Crawdaunt, and weaken Aqua Jet, than get the easiest KO in the world with T-Bolt/Volt Switch. Given that Mega Manectric is quite common, I dont think Crawdaunt is that OP, if at all.

Crawdaunt is one of those things that doesnt have very many counters, but can be checked pretty well. Anything that can tank an Aqua Jet and can actually use an offensive move can KO the Lobster thanks to his shitty bulk. A Poke that comes to mind right off the bat is Mega Manectric. He can Intimidate Crawdaunt, and weaken Aqua Jet, than get the easiest KO in the world with T-Bolt/Volt Switch. Given that Mega Manectric is quite common, I dont think Crawdaunt is that OP, if at all.
MegaMane can come in for the revenge kill, but has little chance if it tries to switch in...

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Manectric: 272-322 (96.7 - 114.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MegaMane can come in for the revenge kill, but has little chance if it tries to switch in...

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Manectric: 272-322 (96.7 - 114.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
Thats the exact reason why I said check. He doesnt have to switch into a move in order to check him.

Thats the exact reason why I said check. He doesnt have to switch into a move in order to check him.
Your check cant switch in, crawdaunt has few true counters whicb he usually has a coverage move for them (i.e aerial ace, superpower) and the only way to vet your check in safely is by sacking a poke. At that point, daunt will just switch out and youll probably have to sack another poke to reliablly check him. That doesnt sound op?

RowDog Like I said, phys defensive slowbro is one of the best darm counters in UU, so it's not surprising that if slowbro is at full health, darm cannot muscle past it by clicking on flare blitz (we would generally call the ability to muscle past any counter with a single move "broken"). Good news is that contrary to popular belief, darmantian has 3 other moveslots. Here's one that I want to draw particular attention to...

252+ Atk Choice Band Darmanitan U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 180-212 (45.6 - 53.8%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

If you predict the slowbro swap in and u-turn out to something that can threaten him out (such as any volt switcher not named forretress), that slowbro has no choice but to swap out and hope that regenerator kicks in before darm comes back. Regen will heal up 33% of his health, meaning that assuming that slowbro does not get a free swap in between now and the next time you get darm in, slowbro will have around 12% prior damage, which still isn't quite enough for a 2hko, but it puts him at a much riskier position.

Cloneblazer12 Please see the previous few pages as to why simply checking a wallbreaker isn't good enough.

Fair enough, but there are quite a few things happening in a game that you will need to take into consideration which is hard to do with just calcs. Darm also has problems with SR but it comes down to a lot of factors.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
vote's over, crawdaunt is unanimously BL.

i have to go to work now so i can't edit the paragraphs into the records thread but ernesto / LL / pana might do it soon. if not, i'll take care of it in approximately 9 hours.

i've also banned venomoth because jesus christ its so broken. bitching may commence.

next test will be salamence. i know staraptor was supposed to be next in line but since we're probably going to lose one of its better checks (mega manectric) come june, i decided to do salamence first.

this will be the last retest for a short while, btw, as i want to give the metagame a bit of time to settle after the june shifts before resuming.

that is all.

vote's over, crawdaunt is unanimously BL.

i have to go to work now so i can't edit the paragraphs into the records thread but ernesto / LL / pana might do it soon. if not, i'll take care of it in approximately 9 hours.

i've also banned venomoth because jesus christ its so broken. bitching may commence.

next test will be salamence. i know staraptor was supposed to be next in line but since we're probably going to lose one of its better checks (mega manectric) come june, i decided to do salamence first.

this will be the last retest for a short while, btw, as i want to give the metagame a bit of time to settle after the june shifts before resuming.

that is all.
If Venomoth is banned does that mean it also can't be used in RU anymore.

ahhh finally. happy quivershit is gone, nearly impossible to deal with

mence is probably the last thing that has a chance of staying uu and i will explain why in like an hour when i feel like editing this

I'd just like to say that I love you for banning Venomoth. Also, I'm really excited to test Mence, I don't THINK it will be as overpowering as Craw, but we'll see. And June is gonna be the best month of the year! Exciting times for UU.

RIP NU MOTH

NEVER FORGET

ok on a serious note now salamence should be a very interesting suspect considering it has quite the fair share of sets to run, including scarf, mix, dd, and even the really weird and random intimidate wishmence. looking forward to it.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Fuck veno is banned and now my team is complete ass.

Anyways salamence will be fun to discuss. I personally think it is broken because it is an excellent cleaner/sweeper with scarf and ddance respectively. If weavile was still a thing it might be okay but it isn't. The defensive set isn't half bad either. But the scarf set is such and excellent cleaner. Ddance I haven't used much but what do all of you think is the better ability: intimidate or moxie. Intimidate makes it easier to set up while moxie will help trounce everything if you get it rolling.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ok on a serious note now salamence should be a very interesting suspect considering it has quite the fair share of sets to run, including scarf, mix, dd, and even the really weird and random intimidate wishmence. looking forward to it.
And you forgot band, which was very threatening back when mence was allowed. I dunno how it will fare now though.

kokoloko, I saw that Megaman's usage was really high (enough to get banished to OU), but hippo's is down to 3.1%. If it were to stay like that (Hippo's usage), would that mean Hippo would still be UU? I remember you saying it was going to go up if usage kept going up.

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
kokoloko, I saw that Megaman's usage was really high (enough to get banished to OU), but hippo's is down to 3.1%. If it were to stay like that (Hippo's usage), would that mean Hippo would still be UU? I remember you saying it was going to go up if usage kept going up.
Hippos usage declined in OU because meta shifted from bulky offense to hyperoffense and heavy stall. so it will prolly stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)