Pokebank LC Analysis Reservation Index

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
claiming vulpix

Approved by Goddess Briyella

Make a new thread and copy all the pre-existing information and QC and/or GP status over, and make a note that you took it over from (original writer's name here) at the top. Feel free to make changes as it's an entirely new meta now than it was when originally written.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Taking over Machop from AuraIllusions with permission of the great macle.

Make a new thread and copy all the pre-existing information and QC and/or GP status over, and make a note that you took it over from (original writer's name here) at the top. Feel free to make changes as it's an entirely new meta now than it was when originally written.

Aerow

rebel
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Claiming Bunnelby with permission from Macle.

Can you really go through with writing all these?
Hmmm. I can do two. I have nothing going on in my life anymore. Shellder and Aipom? If not Aipom, then Elekid. :)

Briyella edit: Shellder and Aipom are completed and just need to be written up in paragraph form.

Approved for Elekid by Goddess Briyella

Lord Alphose

Requesting to do an analysis for Nosepass, the compass of noses.

I'd like to make a case for Karrablast to get an analysis. Karrablast's main selling point is its powerful Megahorn, which will dent anything that isn't carrying Eviolite. Karrablast also got two new moves this gen, Knock Off and Drill run, both of which help Karrablast immensely. Knock Off works great for its annoyance value, and it's the best tool to hit Ghost-types with. Drill run is a good move to hit Fire-types with, and in addition, it doesn't make contact, making it bypass Flame Body. Karrablast also has 3 great abilities at its disposal, Shed Skin, No Guard and Swarm. Swarm is the most situational of the three, but it does give Megahorn considerably more power. No Guard is a fantastic ability, as it patches up Megahorn's shaky accuracy, making Karrablast pretty reliable on what it does. Shed Skin gives Karrablast pseudo-immunity to status, and it's one of the only offensive Pokemon to get this ability. Karrablast is best used either with Band or Scarf, as the extra power makes Karrablast's Megahorn truly shine, while Scarf + No Guard makes Karrablast a pretty reliable sweeper. Karrablast does have access to Swords Dance, but it faces stiff competition from both Pawniard and Dwebble. Pawniard shares Karrablast's speed tier, has access to 2 STABs and has priority, whereas Dwebble also has 2 STABs, and can boost Speed and Attack at the same time.

Karrablast does have some cons to using it, and requires quite considerable team support to function properly. Bug is a bit challenging type to use offensively, as it is resisted by 7 types. Luckily Karrablast's coverage moves somewhat help this problem, also Knock Off helps against bulky Eviolite users. Bug is also a poor type defensively, so Defog support is mandatory. Karrablast also needs hazards on opponent's side, as his powerful Megahorn forces switches, and hazards are mandatory in order to receive certain OHKOes and 2HKOes. Karrablast also receives some competition from Mienfoo as a Choice user, as Mienfoo is stronger and faster than Karrablast, but a powerful Megahorn and abilities are enough to differentiate the two. All in all I believe that Karrablast is a good addition to the metagame, and deserves an analysis.

Last edited:

Aerow

rebel
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Taking over Drilbur with Rowan's permission. :)

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can you really go through with writing all these?
Now that Misdreavus is done, and croagunk is almost done, and all surskit an torchic needs are final checks to move on to gp, i can take either aipom, or shellder, or both, if that is fine.

Talked with Macle, going to write up Meowth from Kavatika

MACLE APPROVED

Bagon

Banned deucer.
So I talked with both macle and Goddess Briyella, and i'm going to do smoochum. Claimed BBQ #pierogi alert

Also I am doing the one and only marvelous Bagon! Claimed BBQ #Pierogi Alert

I'm really busy IRL, and I don't think that will change any time soon, so I'm dropping Aipom and Dwebble; someone else can write those up. We'll see about Dratini.

Lord Alphose

I can write up the Dwebble analysis and get it through GP pretty easily.

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
I can take Aipom too.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Taking Pawniard and Anorith from Hawkstar with permission

muh nigga blademan cuts 2 deep

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)