Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

there are some other things to consider however, such as in the smash bros direct where Sakurai said "and dr wily's stage won't be the only one with a boss" and then there was a screen showing the metroid stage with a ridley shadow—or the fact that the hole in the back of the stage was certainly caused by the Ridley that is currently flying around above the stage and that's not something playable characters do. As much as I want Ridley in this game, it's obvious that that won't happen
The first point I'll agree with; Sakurai did heavily imply Ridley to be a boss in that section.

However, I am actually quite sure that the hole is not created by Ridley flying through it. If you recall, the game introduced what are referred to as "Final Destination" versions of stages. Simple, flat versions of the stage without any hazards present. If you take a look at the Final Destination form of the Pyrosphere, you'll notice that the hole you say Ridley certainly creates is still there. This leads me to the conclusion that the hole is never created; it's there on the stage from the beginning. Could Ridley still come flying out of it? Yes, but he's not breaking through the wall when he does.

It's also interesting to note that the lava pouring out of the wall in the background is removed in the Final Destination version of the Pyrosphere. This may indicate that lava is actually a hazard on the Pyrosphere. It may not mean much, but having a stage where both lava and a space dragon are trying to kill you could be a little too much.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Honestly I think Sakurai would have to be a huge fucking troll to wait this late to show off Ridley, I haven't actually hoped it would happen for about three months.

Honestly I think Sakurai would have to be a huge fucking troll to wait this late to show off Ridley, I haven't actually hoped it would happen for about three months.
This is also the guy who did the whole "up until now" thing and made people think ROB was deconfirmed with that little Petey Piranha cinematic.

but why are people arguing about ridley instead of the best newcomer's chance of getting in.

Ta
Well, it might be worth noting that Ridley fans have done some rather thorough analyses of the shadow. While it's a little hard to say, it actually seems like the shadow belongs to a Ridley that is about the size of a playable character. I personally am not sure whether or not Ridley is playable, but I think there's a little more to the situation than it appears, and I don't think this particular picture changes anything.
Take a good look at the shadow, remember that I am not particularly opposed to Ridley getting in, I just don't see it happening. The people who gave that analysis are Ridley fans, so obviously they would say he is in the game. I know it sounds a little harsh of me but they are in denial. About 2 weeks ago I actually saw someone who said that Other M Ridley is de confirmed, but classic Ridley still has a chance of getting in.

Ta

Take a good look at the shadow, remember that I am not particularly opposed to Ridley getting in, I just don't see it happening. The people who gave that analysis are Ridley fans, so obviously they would say he is in the game. I know it sounds a little harsh of me but they are in denial. About 2 weeks ago I actually saw someone who said that Other M Ridley is de confirmed, but classic Ridley still has a chance of getting in.
I find that line of thinking to be somewhat flawed. If the analysis provided by Ridley fans is inherently flawed because of them being Ridley fans, then what does that make of every single argument for a character made by that character's supporters? If you automatically assume bias, then no conclusion about the character's chances can possibly be reached.

And technically speaking, it is possible that a more classic Ridley could get in. Is it likely? No. Possible? Yes.

Last edited:
Possible, sure. But logical? Not one bit.
There is some logic behind it. After all, the Other M Ridley is a clone of the original, so it's possible for the two entities to exist simultaneously. The original Ridley design is also the most iconic and the most popular design of Ridley; in fact, there's a number of people who detest the Other M design. So it's possible Sakurai would choose to use a more beloved design over one that made most fans wretch.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We are already getting Other M Varia and Zero Suit

I mean we have rocket heels now, but heels are heels.

I am not holding my breath for Ridley any more.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Or he just doesn't see the shadow? It took me a while to see the shadow too, and I have doubts that's really anything.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is also the guy who did the whole "up until now" thing and made people think ROB was deconfirmed with that little Petey Piranha cinematic.

but why are people arguing about ridley instead of the best newcomer's chance of getting in.
I am hoping for a Cucco Assist Trophy. How that hasn't been an AT or a stage hazard yet I don't know, but the effect is so hilarious it has to be done.

I am hoping for a Cucco Assist Trophy. How that hasn't been an AT or a stage hazard yet I don't know, but the effect is so hilarious it has to be done.
I think the Cucco is just a regular item, but it's possible it's an assist.

Also, I don't think Miis are actually that likely. I think the evidence in their favor doesn't mean as much as people build it up to be.

Last edited:
If skweenix had one fighter representing them, who would it be? I think they as good a partnership for a third party rep as any other company, but it feels like none of their characters are as universally recognizable as from FF7 or Lightning who have no place in a nintendo game, or the generic Black Mage/Knight etc archtypes. With BD meeting success and a sequel on the way I think Tiz or THE DARK KNIGHT would be good characters

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Now that you mention it, Alternis with a Lucario like damage boost would be awesome as the ultimate glass cannon, doubly so considering half of his in game moves damaged himself in the process.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)