Pokémon Machamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
AV machamp is completely outclassed by AV conk imo. Conk has (stronger) priority, more attack, reliable recovery in drain punch, and it's an amazing status absorber that discourages the use of WoW and Toxic. Ofc, champ has guts too, but if you use guts on it, it has no moves to use really. Knock off is good, but without no guard, you don't have any spammable fighting STAB. Close Combat lowers your defenses, which is the last thing you want on an AV user. Really, champ isn't viable at all imo.

I completely agree with Flan. Av conk has superior bulk and reliable recovery. Champ might be good in UU, even RU, but it wont be able to even break OU.

AV machamp is completely outclassed by AV conk imo. Conk has (stronger) priority, more attack, reliable recovery in drain punch, and it's an amazing status absorber that discourages the use of WoW and Toxic. Ofc, champ has guts too, but if you use guts on it, it has no moves to use really. Knock off is good, but without no guard, you don't have any spammable fighting STAB. Close Combat lowers your defenses, which is the last thing you want on an AV user. Really, champ isn't viable at all imo.
Sorry buddy but I'm gonna say that machamp has his own uses in the metagame over conk. Sure conk has more attack, drain punch, and mach punch, machamp had dynamic punch, which makes him MUCH harder to wall. Physical Walls such as mandibuzz, skarmory, and slowbro are much easier to deal with when they're losing their turn 50% of the time. It also allows less switch in opportunities when compared to conk because the 50% confusion chance is really game breaking in some situations. Machamp, I believe, is much more versatile and definately has his boons over conk. Machamp is not completely outclassed by conkeldurr. Also, machamp can deal with mega gardevoir and togekiss much, much better with the combination of stone edge and bullet punch.

AV champ trades every single thing that makes AV conk good for dynamic punch. Despite how good DP is, it's a suboptimal trade-off.

In OU at least, the sub set is the way to go. Sub has amazing synergy with DP and eases prediction against ghosts. Machamp behind a sub is also much scarier than machamp with AV.

Also, bullet punch is horrible. A SE bullet punch is outdamaged by neutral stone edge and only 5 bp more than a resisted dynamic punch.

252+ Atk Machamp Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gardevoir: 136-162 (48.9 - 58.2%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO

Maybe, but I still think that Machamp is still too slow with a choice scarf.
I think its job should be a sub/dp. and other punches
However I am deciding with ability to give it

Maybe, but I still think that Machamp is still too slow with a choice scarf.
I think its job should be a sub/dp. and other punches
However I am deciding with ability to give it
No Guard allows you to use DP and Stone Edge reliably ( a dream come true)
While Guts gives you more variety in your move choice, as the boost helps a lot.

Something like,

Machamp @ Flame Orb
Guts
252 HP/252 Attack/ 4 (or some EV whiz can come in and help out here)
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

To be honest, Conkeldurr is the better Guts user. No Guard Dynamic Punch/Stone Edge and a slight boost in speed is everything Machamp has to set him appart from Conkel.

To be honest, Conkeldurr is the better Guts user. No Guard Dynamic Punch/Stone Edge and a slight boost in speed is everything Machamp has to set him appart from Conkel.
Yeah, guts is pretty inferior. No Guard is what gives Machamp any viability at all. Machamp will deal explosive damage, conk will wear you down.

Hello! A set I regularly use is:

Assualt Vest, Dynamic Punch, Stone Edge, Ice Punch (Or poison jab/heavy slam if you have a fairy problem.), and payback. my best EVs are 196 attack, 252 defense, and 60+ special defense and -special attack. Bullet punch isn't very useful on my pokemon sets, but it might be on yours.

With Assault Vest you can switch into flamethowers and ice beams and attack with stone edge and dynamic punches. my Machamp is pretty cool, i think. One of my best bulky pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)