NOC Great Idea Mafia-Game Over! Mafia, vonFiedler, and More Cowbell win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
HOWEVER, and this is a pretty big however: why didn't the mafia kill Tesung? Tesung outed himself as an information role, and those info roles are the things you want gone as a mafia (little LW quote from yesterday: ''Tesung if you aren't lying, you will die tonight, so reveal your damned info''). So I think that either Tesung is mafia, or the mafia doesn't have any roles unique to mafia (like Roleblocker). Tesung didn't seem very adamant on lynching starwarsfan either; he voted spiresquire first, then said ''oh yeah we need to lynch someone lol'' and went for swf after some pressure. He was also ''very sure LightWolf is scum'' - how exactly? Talent Scout doesn't reveal alliance, and I don't recall you ever really being suspicious of LW. If you are an actual Inspector, you may want to say so, because that would give the alliance of Celever and the person you inspected/talent scouted today. I don't see you living past next night anyways, now you have claimed Talent Scout (like I said, I'm surprised you didn't die tonight).
Lol I have attacked swf a fuckton
swf is definitely lying i can guarantee that
we needed the surest lynch, and swf claiming falsely made it sure
I don't know why Tesung was left alive either, but he argued pretty hard for a swf lynch. Why would a mafia member reveal the information that swf was lying?

My feeling was that Tesung started arguing for a swf lynch once it became clear that swf would be the #1 lynch target anyways. If your scumbuddy is going down anyways, why not take the opportunity to vote on him as well and score some village points? Of course, this is WIFOM and Tesung may be village. I still find it very strange that Tesung was not killed last night; LW was a logical target, but as mafia I would imagine that you'd like to get all village info roles out of the way ASAP.

The two have been at each other's throats since day 2, but that doesn't necessesarily discredit the theory of a bus. The more I think about it though, the more I realize that these two haven't really been constantly attacking each other like I initially thought. Unless I read back incorrectly, starwars did attempt to try to lynch him on Day 2, but Tesung merely called him "shady" and did not respond with a vote of his own. Then he tried to point out that B_T also pointed out Tesung. Later on in Day 3, Tesung called starwars out on tunneling, but the subject was dropped. I honestly thought they interacted a little more than that...

Speaking of revealing information, did you get a report last night, Tesung? I think another reason why the maf wouldn't kill a scummy information role player could be that they could just easily hook them and then move on to someone else.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
o_O. Ok, so LW was in fact town and he died. I suppose it's a good thing he wasn't hit with an inspection lol. While it is definitely odd that Tesung didn't die on paper, LW was a huge contributor to the town (once he stopped attacking me and I got the remaining parts of OMGUS out of my head I could see this. If you read back you can see that I never really attacked LW yesterday and didn't even include him on my scumreads iirc) and even I was willing to accept him as such. So IMO it's not the strangest thing that LW died, but it's certainly not the optimum kill for a mafia imo. Especially because they would essentially be cleaning Tesung with the LW kill. My theory is that they had a talent scout themselves which also targeted LW, and so they knew that Tesung was telling the truth. I'm not sure why they would kill him still, though....

I did, I assume that the reSon they didn't kill me was to make me look bad. I'm not gonna reveal it quite yet, although this report was useful.
Or maybe the reason why they didn't kill Tesung was because they knew he wasn't going to tell us his results anyway... Lol please can you tell us Tesung? I know that people are reading back through the thread with the perspective of LW town and swf mafia, but I can't really see that achieving many leads. I would much rather the result from you.

If I have the time tonight, I'll read over the thread again and look for oddities. Also, Tesung, with you claiming Talent Scout already there's no reason at all not to tell us your results, unless you're a mafia Talent Scout of course.

Well, I'm assuming that you are planning on telling us what you found anyways, so why not tell it now? You said it was a 'useful' report, and we can use everything we have right now, so if we have that information earlier then we have more time to work with it.

No I'm working on a Campaign and it's Election Day. Anyways I would like people who I don't suspect as mafia (will post about this later) to agree that giving my results is a good idea

Well, I know that I'm still a tad scummy in your eyes, but I think it'd be a pretty dumb idea to not out the information. You can't really take that info to the grave, you know.

Celever, I was browsing the thread for like a minute or two. Just got home from school. <_<

Celever

i am town
Well, I know that I'm still a tad scummy in your eyes, but I think it'd be a pretty dumb idea to not out the information. You can't really take that info to the grave, you know.

Celever, I was browsing the thread for like a minute or two. Just got home from school. <_<
I just want to point out that he could. Lol. I mean, it would be one of the shittiest plays a townie could ever make if he is indeed a townie but still.

Light Green = Strongest town reads
Dark red = Strongest mafia reads
The darker the green gets = less townie
The lighter the red get = more townie, but still scum to me
1. Ace Emerald
4. Celever
5. Tesung
6. spiresquire
10. More Cowbell
11. Obbmud99
12. vonFiedler
15. cxinlee

Obbmud99, vonFiedler and cxinlee haven't posted thus far today. Please post your thoughts etc. and von please give us a scum who isn't spiresquire...

If I had to choose a member to lynch today it would probably be von, but I'm having difficulty deciding whether von or cxinlee are scummier. I've explained before my opinions on Ace and More Cowbell, and while I am very much aware that More Cowbell is experienced, he seems to absolutely love the town with all of his analysis and useful posts. He also has a LOT of them. Obviously I'm town, and Ace is just an overall fantastic contributor who has kept out of all kinds of trouble. I would pressure him into saying stuff if I could, but there is very little that I could possible say on him. spiresquire is still town to me, he had a good claim (and putting that innuendo early on actually helped me believe it by quite a bit) and he has contributed quite a lot. Obbmud and Tesung are in similar places - they both had great claims with no competition, and as time goes on it seems like Obbmud gets cleaner and cleaner - it's difficult for there not to be a mason of some kind at this point. The thing that irks me about Tesung is that, while he did indeed seem noobtown to me for a long time, I read back and he has been a bit... idk... reluctant? This whole game he seems to try to get out of things, and a perfect example would be the claiming yesterday and revealing his results now. Also the fact that Talent Scout can be a mafia role as well as a village is quite fishy, although if he is town he can't help it. I think I explained von and cxinlee yesterday, but I can elaborate if you so wish.

Also: Never put a player on 2 votes! 8 players are still alive... if two townies puts a vote on another town, then as the mafia presumably has 3 members they can hammer immediately.

Well I suppose it would help if nitrox116, spiresquire and Obbmud99 posted then. They're lurking and I don't really know who you consider town. The one thing I don't like is when almost confirmed townies harbour information, it's just really sus to me.
Sorry at track meet. Can't post much at the moment. I would like to point it that lightwolf had quite the feude with celever. Could celever be connected to this killing? Lightwolf really didn't like celever. I'll re-read that argument eventually.

Celever

i am town
Sorry at track meet. Can't post much at the moment. I would like to point it that lightwolf had quite the feude with celever. Could celever be connected to this killing? Lightwolf really didn't like celever. I'll re-read that argument eventually.
LW didn't really like me, but many people said that they considered our feud a town vs town, which it turns out it was. LW seemed to be on better terms with me for the latter half of yesterday anyway, and seemed much more focused on von. I don't think he would have got a lynch on me today anyway, given the circumstances. So, just saying, if I was mafia I wouldn't have killed LW. Take this with a grain of salt though, as it's just speculation.

o_O. Ok, so LW was in fact town and he died. I suppose it's a good thing he wasn't hit with an inspection lol. While it is definitely odd that Tesung didn't die on paper, LW was a huge contributor to the town (once he stopped attacking me and I got the remaining parts of OMGUS out of my head I could see this. If you read back you can see that I never really attacked LW yesterday and didn't even include him on my scumreads iirc) and even I was willing to accept him as such. So IMO it's not the strangest thing that LW died, but it's certainly not the optimum kill for a mafia imo. Especially because they would essentially be cleaning Tesung with the LW kill. My theory is that they had a talent scout themselves which also targeted LW, and so they knew that Tesung was telling the truth. I'm not sure why they would kill him still, though....
Could be possible if tesung was mafia talent scout that he scouted someone else n2 and replaced his data with swf to clean himself. Unlikely but possible. We did that in pmd mafia.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I mostly didn't post yesterday because I didn't want to be the first to ask why spiresquire didn't vote for starwarsfan, and I still don't think we have a good answer or anything from him about that. Of course it's also baffling that Tesung wouldn't just reveal his results but now I'm just preaching to the choir.

New theory! The mafia killed LW out of sheer cruelty, forcing me to now have to deal with Celever. If you were village and I was mafia, I think you know that you'd be dead right now. And I'm giving you one warning; the next time you say something so obviously stupid and contradictory I'm not even going to respond to it. I'm gonna trust that the others will just roll their eyes at what you post, and if they actually take you seriously then well at least this game doesn't mean that much to me.

Posturing done! So, why does Celever constantly feel the need to reaffirm his status as town? He's given us a nice color coded suspect list, and gone to the trouble of actually giving himself a lighter shade of green. Then he goes on to say that "obviously" he's town. His inferiority complex aside, why would anyone need to constantly repeat that they are town? That's kind of implicit. Anyone either KNOWS they are town, or wants others think that they know this.

As for the stupid behavior and blatant lies;

Celever said:
LW seemed to be on better terms with me for the latter half of yesterday anyway, and seemed much more focused on von.
Lightwolf, who started out informal vote and actually got us to lynch someone yesterday, voted for who?

Lightwolf said:
My favoured votes are: Celever and starwarsfan (BIG SURPRISE TO EVERYONE!!)
So not only was he NOT more focused on me, but the fact that you were his #1 suspect shouldn't come across as a big surprise by his own words.

Meanwhile who was the only person to not cast their informal vote for swf? (I only cast one informal vote, but in my FIRST post I said I thought swf was mafia)

Celever said:
Obbmud and von ofc!
And while I STILL think that spiresquire is the more likely mafia, it certainly doesn't hurt the case against you that you went through the trouble of giving him a dark green. You know, not a lighter green, don't want to arouse suspicion (which failed), just a dark green.

Don't give us this "LW and I were fuckin friends" in the end bullshit. He was the only townie holding this game together and he had your number. I would be totally in favor of a Celever lynch today.

Celever

i am town
Von, you just enterred the game and you clearly haven't been paying attention to the parts of the game which you have partaken in. I repeatedly said that to me swf didn't look scummy to me, however much I tried. However, I was also the first to vote swf (besides some early voter... Tesung iirc) upon the agreement saying "I'm putting my faith in the town". I still can't see what was so obnoxiously scummy, but it's a bit whatever now.

So, your first paragraph of the post is unsubstantial, the second is WIFOM with elements of OMGUS. The third is a fairly good point in theory, but I have repeatedly stated that the majority of my posts which aren't directly responding to something or someone is literally just me thinking and typing up my thoughts as I do it, to essentially keep a record of what I've been thinking so I can look back when my opinions change.

Now for the quotes. On your first quote you showed LW's vote for swf and I. I suppose that I kinda missed/forgot that he had voted me as well, however, my thought proccess when I typed that up was "who did LW focus more of his time on (negatively)?" The answer is you.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to make of your second-to-last paragraph? I said that I consider spiresquire town for now, but he is also somewhat borderline. Why is giving my reads on the players considered a scumtell?

And your last paragraph really hits home what a fantastic kill for you LW would have been. His attitude towards me lets you push a lynch on me today now that he is gone. You can use both the "LW is town, so celever is mafia because they were in a fight" along with the "LW hated Celever up to his death" to build a good case of his thoughts. However, just because LW was holding the town together (I agree that he was contributing, but you overstated it quite a bit) he can easily get a read wrong here or there, and he quite clearly did reading me as scum.

Another thought just popped into my head - you didn't contribute at all yesterday, all things considered, but now you are making a big, contributory post... With LW gone you want to lead. So many things makes LW's kill good for you I'm starting to believe that you did it...

I don't really like that scumlist either. :/ First of all, it seems as though the majority of the "scum" on that list is red because of the lack of immediate contribution, which is pretty hard to accomplish due to the night ending much later than normal. We tried basing our lynches on inactive players earlier, and that in my opinion wouldn't have worked out.

Also, while von as a lynch target does seem tempting from my end, I can't really find the balls to do it. I did suggest him as a lynch target, but I think I was being a tad overemotional. Outside of the ridiculous aggressive tunneling, ir looks as though he isn't really trying to undermine the village per say. I find his logic flawed and that he's being overwhelmingly ignorant, but not all that scummy. My main gripe with him at the moment is that he's ignoring some things from my end, like my claim, and that he hasn't really brought up any new dirt on me. Almost like he's given up, but yet he still seems to have me locked on into his sights. Perhaps I'm incredibly biased due to myself being his target, but I think he could possibly be a lyncher. Is that statistically possible at this point? If it is, I would still doubt it because if he is being a lyncher, he's being shockngly obvious about it, something that I'd expect an experienced player to avoid.

Also, LW didn't find you any less scummy than before. I believe he said that the only real reason why he wasn't trying to lead a lynch on you was because he knew no one else would want another debate overcentralizing the conversation. I think he said it multiple times, actually.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Von, you just enterred the game and you clearly haven't been paying attention to the parts of the game which you have partaken in. I repeatedly said that to me swf didn't look scummy to me, however much I tried. However, I was also the first to vote swf (besides some early voter... Tesung iirc) upon the agreement saying "I'm putting my faith in the town". I still can't see what was so obnoxiously scummy, but it's a bit whatever now.
So when it was abundantly clear that the village was gonna lynch swf, something BOTH LW and I pointed out before the informal vote, you voted for your teammate. I don't see the clash in motives here. It kinda seems like you're the one not paying attention... or hoping others haven't.

Another thought just popped into my head - you didn't contribute at all yesterday, all things considered, but now you are making a big, contributory post... With LW gone you want to lead. So many things makes LW's kill good for you I'm starting to believe that you did it...
Oh but Celever, I thought you were leading? And shiiit man, don't fucking ask to me contribute and then accuse my contribution of being a scumtell. What lunacy. At any rate, multiple people pointed out yesterday that it was only due to me that we had any discussion at all. And while LW pulled out the informal vote, it was the culmination of the idea we shared that most people (except for you) wanted swf to be lynched.

Now for the quotes. On your first quote you showed LW's vote for swf and I. I suppose that I kinda missed/forgot that he had voted me as well, however, my thought proccess when I typed that up was "who did LW focus more of his time on (negatively)?" The answer is you.
He certainly talked to me, as again, I was the centerpiece of most discussion. He also explicitly said the only reason he was not focusing on you was because he didn't think it would take after a 2nd day in a row, and that decision proved wise when it got swf lynched. You could say I'm doing the same thing with spiresquire.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to make of your second-to-last paragraph? I said that I consider spiresquire town for now, but he is also somewhat borderline. Why is giving my reads on the players considered a scumtell?
Which brings me here, if you were mafia you'd want a list that protects some of your allies while also not condemning them if you got lynched. As such it's reasonable to suspect that one of Ace Emerald or More Cowbell are mafia (but picking which is WIFOM, so let's forget that for now). In another WIFOM I'd suspect that cxinlee is mafia, as you dark browned him but focused on me in case you get lynched. Again, WIFOM, so I'm not gonna focus on cxinlee. However picking someone as town, but less town than others, and someone that I already suspect is mafia, that just makes too many things add up in my mind.

Last edited:
Ace emerald is clean
Revealing more is bad, he can confirm that
Talent scout out
How do you know Ace Emerald is clean? Does he have a role that the mafia certainly doesn't have? That would mean Ace holds some pretty valuable information, which would be very useful in determining a lynch.

I don't have much time atm, so I'll go into this fresh discussion centered around Von tomorrow.

Also, paging cxinlee, you should post something real quick or we're gonna have out new Pokeguy at hand here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)