The Everything NHL Thread

The Oilers need two competent experienced top two D-men and an elite goaltender who they can depend on. Without that it doesn't matter who they draft.
We are not getting Ekblad, unless FLA trades the pick away and that team Drafts Bennett.

Our next biggest need is an elite 2C, which can easily be Sam Bennett

If we do draft Sam Bennett, I would be so high on our future. This would be out top 6

Taylor Hall - 85-95 Point scorer
Only 4 players in the NHL (Crosby, Ovie, Stamkos, Malkin) have a higher PPG than Hall did at this point in his career. Ahead of even Tavares and Kane.

Nuge - 80-100 Point scorer
Smartest player in the NHL in ages, when he recovers from his shoulder injury and fills up his frame, he is gonna be one of the top centers in the league.

Jordan Eberle - 65-75 Point scorer
Already there, but theres not a ton of room for improvement.

Nail Yakupov 65-80 Point scorer
Gets so much bullshit, but I think he will bounce back. So many players have an awful sophomore slump but end up being elite. I think he may be a Jamie Benn or Phil Kessel in his prime

(Maybe) Sam Bennett 60-70 Point scorer with a fantastic 2 way game.
Is one of the top ranked players in this years Draft and is such a great Heart and Soul guy. Reminds me of Sean Monahan.

David Perron 50-60 Point scorer
Already there.

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
We are not getting Ekblad, unless FLA trades the pick away and that team Drafts Bennett.

Our next biggest need is an elite 2C, which can easily be Sam Bennett

If we do draft Sam Bennett, I would be so high on our future. This would be out top 6

Taylor Hall - 85-95 Point scorer
Only 4 players in the NHL (Crosby, Ovie, Stamkos, Malkin) have a higher PPG than Hall did at this point in his career. Ahead of even Tavares and Kane.

Nuge - 80-100 Point scorer
Smartest player in the NHL in ages, when he recovers from his shoulder injury and fills up his frame, he is gonna be one of the top centers in the league.

Jordan Eberle - 65-75 Point scorer
Already there, but theres not a ton of room for improvement.

Nail Yakupov 65-80 Point scorer
Gets so much bullshit, but I think he will bounce back. So many players have an awful sophomore slump but end up being elite. I think he may be a Jamie Benn or Phil Kessel in his prime

(Maybe) Sam Bennett 60-70 Point scorer with a fantastic 2 way game.
Is one of the top ranked players in this years Draft and is such a great Heart and Soul guy. Reminds me of Sean Monahan.

David Perron 50-60 Point scorer
Already there.
If the Oilers have the chance to grab him they should but this franchise needs to make a push towards icing a complete team next season. We know that the Oilers brass is great with offense that 06 team that made the finals was carried by the depth up front but at the same time, Dick Tarnstrom was one of their premier D-men. But with the best offense in the league (at least top 3) they have the worst excuse for a defensive corps in recent history and that combination will only bring them so far.

Tl;dr: the oilers will get nowhere without completely reshaping their backend.

If the Oilers have the chance to grab him they should but this franchise needs to make a push towards icing a complete team next season. We know that the Oilers brass is great with offense that 06 team that made the finals was carried by the depth up front but at the same time, Dick Tarnstrom was one of their premier D-men. But with the best offense in the league (at least top 3) they have the worst excuse for a defensive corps in recent history and that combination will only bring them so far.

Tl;dr: the oilers will get nowhere without completely reshaping their backend.
Nurse, J.Schultz, Klefbom, and Marincin are all potential top 4ers. Especially Nurse, one of the best defensive prospects out there. We cant have Gagner as our 2nd line center any more.

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Nurse, J.Schultz, Klefbom, and Marincin are all potential top 4ers. Especially Nurse, one of the best defensive prospects out there. We cant have Gagner as our 2nd line center any more.
Potential. Why keep these guys who have potential to be top 4 D when you can keep a few around and get some bonafide top 4 D with the excess of talented forwards who are degrading in the system?

Well, it's not just that easy to get a top pairing defenseman. Florida won't pass on Ekblad, they have incredible depth down the middle and won't want to draft another center. Besides Ekblad there aren't any NHL-ready top 4 defensemen in the draft, unless there's a miracle in the later rounds. It's not easy to get a top pairing defensemen, Oilers should just work with what they have and maybe draft some of their top6 players for a solid top 4 guy? The upcoming UFA market isn't looking too big on defensemen, the best guy for Edmonton to sign would probably be Andrej Meszároš, who isn't bad, but isn't THE guy like for example Chris Pronger was.

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Well, it's not just that easy to get a top pairing defenseman. Florida won't pass on Ekblad, they have incredible depth down the middle and won't want to draft another center. Besides Ekblad there aren't any NHL-ready top 4 defensemen in the draft, unless there's a miracle in the later rounds. It's not easy to get a top pairing defensemen, Oilers should just work with what they have and maybe draft some of their top6 players for a solid top 4 guy? The upcoming UFA market isn't looking too big on defensemen, the best guy for Edmonton to sign would probably be Andrej Meszároš, who isn't bad, but isn't THE guy like for example Chris Pronger was.
I never mentioned getting D from the draft or free agency. It's all about the Oilers moving some of their talent up front to create a solid corps on D. The Oilers have all the tools to do this in the offseason their GM just better open his eyes.

Good to see game 1 of the ECF was competitive...lol what a joke. Montreal gave up 1 GOAL in the season series, and then this. Still Nash finally scoring give me and the rest of rangers fans hope at least. Hopefully another goal isn't asking too much, guy only makes like 8 million...

Good to see game 1 of the ECF was competitive...lol what a joke. Montreal gave up 1 GOAL in the season series, and then this. Still Nash finally scoring give me and the rest of rangers fans hope at least. Hopefully another goal isn't asking too much, guy only makes like 8 million...
Nash couldn't even score a goal against friggin' Pittsburgh, which makes this one even more hilarious to me.

My luck isn't so good as far as watching the Kings/Hawks series, since the first four games are all scheduled when I'm working. Still hoping for a much better result than last year, Chicago is arguably LA's most disadvantageous matchup.

Nash couldn't even score a goal against friggin' Pittsburgh, which makes this one even more hilarious to me.

My luck isn't so good as far as watching the Kings/Hawks series, since the first four games are all scheduled when I'm working. Still hoping for a much better result than last year, Chicago is arguably LA's most disadvantageous matchup.
Well LA didn't exactly help themselves out yesterday. Granted Keith's goal was sooo flukey, toews' sure as hell wasn't. On another note, price is out for the rest of the ECF. If they had any chance, they don't now.

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
If the Budai can pull this series off I'll be extremely impressed. What a sad way for the Canadiens to go down after they worked so hard these playoffs. I really hope that Price's future play won't be too hampered by this injury because that will be a big loss for the national team.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
even though i am a devils fan, i would love for the rangers to win a cup the year right after they dump tortorella

not that i'm not a fan but it would be amusing

even though i am a devils fan, i would love for the rangers to win a cup the year right after they dump tortorella

not that i'm not a fan but it would be amusing
This. And what would be even better if McDonagh can continue playing at the norris level he has the ability to. Really rub salt in the wound for the habs. And Someone mentioned Budaj? Tokarski's playing tonight.

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
So Carcillo gets 10 games. Obviously this won't affect the series too much but do you guys thin it was warranted?

So Carcillo gets 10 games. Obviously this won't affect the series too much but do you guys think it was warranted?
Technically by the rulebook yes, but in reality, hell no and here's why:
The rule is this in a nutshell: If a player spits on, or physically engages with the referee, w/o intent to injure, they get 10 games.

1. Carbomb didn't even look like he was going to go for prust once dorsett had him.
2. If the linesman thought he was gonna after prust, fine. But do you really need to manhandle him BEFORE he actually does anything?
3. The odds of this breaking out would've been infinitely less had prust gotten a penalty for a headshot on stepan. Now he needs jaw surgery and is out "indefinitely". We're down to 3 regular centers.
4. Prust only getting 2 by comparison is BS.
5. This is like Carcillo's 11th suspension or some ridiculous number like. Gotta be a little repeat offender factor.

So in a word, NO.

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Technically by the rulebook yes, but in reality, hell no and here's why:
The rule is this in a nutshell: If a player spits on, or physically engages with the referee, w/o intent to injure, they get 10 games.

1. Carbomb didn't even look like he was going to go for prust once dorsett had him.
2. If the linesman thought he was gonna after prust, fine. But do you really need to manhandle him BEFORE he actually does anything?
3. The odds of this breaking out would've been infinitely less had prust gotten a penalty for a headshot on stepan. Now he needs jaw surgery and is out "indefinitely". We're down to 3 regular centers.
4. Prust only getting 2 by comparison is BS.
5. This is like Carcillo's 11th suspension or some ridiculous number like. Gotta be a little repeat offender factor.

So in a word, NO.
I completely agree, this is like if Prust murdered Carcillo's friend and Carcillo's pushed a cop aside at the scene. It doesn't make sense to give Carcillo life (unless rangers-Habs goes to 7 and next round goes to 7, this is Carcillo's final game this season) and Prust only a couple years.

I've reffed hockey for 2 years and played for 11 and I've never seen someone purposely shove a ref but even so, I almost disagree with the misconduct, I think that was a little much in itself.

I completely agree, this is like if Prust murdered Carcillo's friend and Carcillo's pushed a cop aside at the scene. It doesn't make sense to give Carcillo life (unless rangers-Habs goes to 7 and next round goes to 7, this is Carcillo's final game this season) and Prust only a couple years.

I've reffed hockey for 2 years and played for 11 and I've never seen someone purposely shove a ref but even so, I almost disagree with the misconduct, I think that was a little much in itself.
Interesting comparison but yeah, same sort of situation. I'd hope they don't come out looking for blood, just for a win. At least we're getting brassard back tonight. Still, it makes the lines look awkward AF though:

Zuccarello-Brassard-Pouliot
Hagelin-Richards-St. Louis
Nash-Moore-Kreider
Fast/Miller-Boyle-Dorsett

Put the top 3 lines in any order. The Brassard line is far and away the most consistent and best yet it's generally considered our 3rd line.

Royalty

Confused, truth is what I choose
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Really gunnin for chicago to comeback cuz fuck LA and fuck dustin brown. NY vs. Chicago would be great to watch.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
6th-ranked possession team will play for the Cup against the 1st- or 2nd-ranked possession teams

#analytics here to stay baby

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)