NOC Great Idea Mafia-Game Over! Mafia, vonFiedler, and More Cowbell win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That implies that Ace has a pretty important power role, because otherwise, he'd be just as clear as starwarsfan--or not very much. That alone makes him a pretty decent target for the mafia, without even knowing what his role is. Unless it's something like a Hider, it might be in our best interest to know what exactly Ace does. Even if it is a Hider, he still has the potential to clear someone else.

I just want to point out that he could. Lol. I mean, it would be one of the shittiest plays a townie could ever make if he is indeed a townie but still.

Light Green = Strongest town reads
Dark red = Strongest mafia reads
The darker the green gets = less townie
The lighter the red get = more townie, but still scum to me
1. Ace Emerald
4. Celever
5. Tesung
6. spiresquire
10. More Cowbell
11. Obbmud99
12. vonFiedler
15. cxinlee

Obbmud99, vonFiedler and cxinlee haven't posted thus far today. Please post your thoughts etc. and von please give us a scum who isn't spiresquire...

If I had to choose a member to lynch today it would probably be von, but I'm having difficulty deciding whether von or cxinlee are scummier. I've explained before my opinions on Ace and More Cowbell, and while I am very much aware that More Cowbell is experienced, he seems to absolutely love the town with all of his analysis and useful posts. He also has a LOT of them. Obviously I'm town, and Ace is just an overall fantastic contributor who has kept out of all kinds of trouble. I would pressure him into saying stuff if I could, but there is very little that I could possible say on him. spiresquire is still town to me, he had a good claim (and putting that innuendo early on actually helped me believe it by quite a bit) and he has contributed quite a lot. Obbmud and Tesung are in similar places - they both had great claims with no competition, and as time goes on it seems like Obbmud gets cleaner and cleaner - it's difficult for there not to be a mason of some kind at this point. The thing that irks me about Tesung is that, while he did indeed seem noobtown to me for a long time, I read back and he has been a bit... idk... reluctant? This whole game he seems to try to get out of things, and a perfect example would be the claiming yesterday and revealing his results now. Also the fact that Talent Scout can be a mafia role as well as a village is quite fishy, although if he is town he can't help it. I think I explained von and cxinlee yesterday, but I can elaborate if you so wish.

Also: Never put a player on 2 votes! 8 players are still alive... if two townies puts a vote on another town, then as the mafia presumably has 3 members they can hammer immediately.
Could you explain the scumreads bar our activity?

Ok, I think it is fairly obvious what to do at this point. I'm not going to go through all the pages, but if you read it it's obviously celever. He was he driving force behind the felony mislynch, and didn't persecute starqarsfan at all, which is only worth noting because he attacked everyone else more or less. He fought constantly with the best town player, light wolf, and posted ridiculous tldrs that distracted everyone. He accused people for inactivity constantly.
Lynch celever
Also Oh god no celever is going to do tldrs against me now plz kill me mafia

Day 5, LYLO Vote Count 2

Today is LYLO. If the village does not successfully lynch a mafia member or neutral whose win condition conflicts with theirs, they will lose the game. You MUST REACH MAJORITY to lynch.

(8) Committed the original sin
(majority is 5 votes)

1. Ace Emerald (0):
4. Celever (1): Tesung
5. Tesung (0):
6. spiresquire (0):
10. More Cowbell (0):
11. Obbmud99 (0):
12. vonFiedler (0):
15. cxinlee (0):

Not Voting: Ace Emerald, Celever, spiresquire, More Cowbell, Obbmud99, vonFiedler, cxinlee

Next Vote Count: 10:30 PM EDT (GMT-4) on May 21st or upon request.
Deadline Review at: 10:30 PM EDT (GMT-4) on May 21st.
Deadline currently set at: 10:30 PM EDT (GMT-4) on May 22nd.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Ok, I think it is fairly obvious what to do at this point. I'm not going to go through all the pages, but if you read it it's obviously celever. He was he driving force behind the felony mislynch, and didn't persecute starqarsfan at all, which is only worth noting because he attacked everyone else more or less. He fought constantly with the best town player, light wolf, and posted ridiculous tldrs that distracted everyone. He accused people for inactivity constantly.
Lynch celever
Also Oh god no celever is going to do tldrs against me now plz kill me mafia
This is chockfull of incorrect information. I have admitted to the Felony lynch. But D1 lynches foipping scum is so incredibly rare... We can all agree that ge was the scummiest player at that point. I labeled swf as noobtown, along with you. I haven't been attacking Ace or More Cowbell much because I consider the contributingi and I din't want to distract them, and it looks like I was right about Ace. I haven't attacked you majorly at any point in the game. Whike I haven't had a huge attacking post for swf, I have pointed out tidbits of his scummy behaviour. I didn't so more because I couldn't find any more.

I fought constantly with the best town player because he started a fight with me. We've been over this (not you and I, but I think it was More Cowbell who noted this earlier. Or maybe it was LW, idr). Why do you think trying to get the inactives/pokeguy to contribute is a bad thing?

Also I onky ever made a tl;dr in response to LW's tl;drs. The rest of my "tl;dr"s are just moderately sized posts, as opposed to your one liner - a couple short paragraphs.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks Tesung for cleaning me, and thanks for not saying more as I'd like to keep my ability a secret for the time being. Should we do what we did last cycle, post our 2 favorite lynch suspects and work from there?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've got to side with Tesung here. I've never seen a Celever post that wasn't too long to read.

For me personally, it is too soon to do an informal lynch, but that may be what it comes down in the end. Right now though I could only confidently say Celever.

I'm not sure there's a point in saying spiresquire, and I'll admit that unless we flip Celever as scum today there's not a lot of dirt on him.

Now assuming that Ace is clean, and that's a big if, then I am suddenly wary of More Cowbell. I know from an insider's perspective the consensus is that he has been very helpful, but there is always going to be at least one mafia that flies under the radar like that. I had suspected it was either Ace or Cowbell when I joined, but now through process of elimination I think More Cowbell could use a bit more scrutiny. I'm not saying I informally vote for him though, I just think we need more discussion before that point.

Last edited:

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Will probably try to explain them later, meanwhile Ill park my vote.

Vote: Starwarsfan
In the light of swf turning mafia, I'd like to switch my position on cxinlee. He seemed pretty scummy to me at first, but he posted this at the beginning of the lynch cycle and didn't change it at all it seems. swf wasn't our main lynch at the time, so he wasn't bandwagoning to seem less scummy. In LYLO, it seems unlikely that mafia would start the cycle voting for one of their own, it seems like something they would do only as a last resort. If someone else gets a different read, feel free to mention it, but imo this bumps cxinlee off the suspect list for now.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
I'm combing through the game's early stuff (the things I do for mafia) and I'll add obbmud to that list too. swf was very insistent on lynching him Day 1, to the point of shit slinging. It just doesn't seem like something a smart mafia would do to a teammate.

Also notable that More Cowbell defused a bandwagon on swf on Day 1.

Celever

i am town
What do you guys want me to say in my defense? I got a lynch wrong on the first day and LW was sure that I was mafia and attacked me because of it.
Oh and he has been defensive af all game especially today
I thought we sorted out my "defensiveness". I have constantly been under attack in the game, so I haven't been too offensive, but I'm applying pressure where it's needed. Anyway...

First iteration of someone claiming I was defensive was swiftly corrected by Walrein here. Don't ask me why he decided to jump in and defend me, but people considered him town at the time. He probably just used me to help contribute to the lynch on Felony (of which he was the main advicator of. I think LW said it a couple of days ago. I started it, but Walrein carried it through to the end. You may argue that I did as well, but I was responding to Felony's arguments of me being scum...) I think LW said it somewhere, but I can't find it with a very quick search. There have been a few other accusations of me being too defensive, but I can't remember where they are right now and I don't think that it ever resulted to anything.

Tesung, would you mind linking me to where you think I've been defensive?

I've got to side with Tesung here. I've never seen a Celever post that wasn't too long to read.

For me personally, it is too soon to do an informal lynch, but that may be what it comes down in the end. Right now though I could only confidently say Celever.

I'm not sure there's a point in saying spiresquire, and I'll admit that unless we flip Celever as scum today there's not a lot of dirt on him.

Now assuming that Ace is clean, and that's a big if, then I am suddenly wary of More Cowbell. I know from an insider's perspective the consensus is that he has been very helpful, but there is always going to be at least one mafia that flies under the radar like that. I had suspected it was either Ace or Cowbell when I joined, but now through process of elimination I think More Cowbell could use a bit more scrutiny. I'm not saying I informally vote for him though, I just think we need more discussion before that point.
Lol. I make plenty of short and succinct posts. Just plenty of long/apparently moderately sized = long posts too... I think that an informal lynch could be a good idea today. It might also be good if we let accusations and defenses fly around a bit first, but don't leave it too late. Looking at cxinlee's activity levels he might not get on in time... -_-

WOAH BACKPEDAL. You spent the entirety of yesterday tunneling spiresquire (and having a stint with LW) and suddenly now you're saying "actually there's very little dirt on him." Especially afterwards, where your whole argument on him was him flying under the radar (which is untrue as I pressure him anyway) and your last paragraph says that More Cowbell is scum for flying under the radar... There's more than one scumtell. The fact that you now discount spiresquire from that scumtell is suspicious to me now anyway.

As you can see in my pwetty colours list above, my informal vote would be von and cxinlee today.

Tesung I think mentioned something about my scumlist being based on activity levels at that time. I don't know what you were thinking of, since I had von as scum since he subbed in, and he subbed in for the most infuriating player in the game Pokeguy. I was in quite good terms with Walrein, but he was getting a bit more suspicious in the posts he did make as time went on, as you can see in my posts. Cxinlee just isn't contributing well enough to remedy Walrein's suspicious actions. Those are my main 2 scum mentioned, so may I ask, why did you say it was based on activity levels at that time?

Gotta go to scool now so seeya guys! :)

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
There's a fundamental difference between a noobie flying under the radar by not posting and an experienced player flying under the radar by making generally insightful posts but never really driving the game. The later is hard to identify except by process of elimination; ergo if Ace is clean More Cowbell merits scrutiny. And as has been pointed out, ss has started being active. That's not change in my behavior. Now can you see why it's an almost herculean task to correct every mistake in every single post you make? Every Celever post is too long because you post them.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Honestly rereading the early game I almost had second thoughts about you, but every time you blatantly lie and try to twist the situation yesterday to make it sound like LW and I were at each others throats really resolidifies why you're a good lynch. LW is literally my best friend on smogon, and your skewed take on the discussion we generated would be borderline offensive if it wasn't so charmingly ignorant.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
For fuck's sake the meanest thing either of us said was "C'mon, man". I think you know I can do better if it was an actual argument.

Compare that to his stinging dismissal of you in the opening rant of his "stint" with you.

Ha, hahaha, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Man I'm tearing up. And I thought that last nights WIFOM kill would make me unable to put out anything against you Celever.
I mean you can't tell me you've forgotten what an actual argument looks like, you kind of attract them.

Celever

i am town
You know what? I think I'm just going to deter all of the suspicions away with my claim so that we can progress with the day in a timely manner.

shinyskarm said:
Dear <USER>, you are a Vengeful Townie. You are afraid of being railroaded in this game, but not of fighting back. If you are lynched during the day, you will shoot the last person to vote you, killing them. You win when the town eliminates all anti-town factions and players.
I understand that this would be a good role for a mafia to claim - "if you kill me, then you're coming down with me!" - and would very easily deter lynches, but this is LYLO. It hardly matters if you lynch me and I am a vengeful townie less you be town, in which case... R.I.P game. I'm just claiming this because it's my role and like I said before I want to progress with this game in a timely manner.

1. Ace Emerald
4. Celever
5. Tesung
6. spiresquire
10. More Cowbell
11. Obbmud99
12. vonFiedler
15. cxinlee

The people in green are those who have claimed their roles now... so this should be simple, right? Lynch the guys who haven't claimed! Well, Ace is confirmed town based on what Tesung said, and I do believe it. That means that unless we have 3 scum members left (which is entirely possible I think?) one of spiresquire/Obbmud99 are scum alongside More Cowbell, vonFiedler and cxinlee. This is just breaking it down. Of course, both spiresquire and Obbmud could be scum, which takes one of More Cowbell, vonFiedler and cxinlee off the list, and as you could probably guess, I would take More Cowbell off and have both spiresquire and Obbmud scum. So in other words, my scum list right now is vonFiedler, cxinlee, Obbmud and spiresquire (in order from scummiest to least scummiest right now). There could also be an elaborate clean between Tesung and his buddy Ace, but if Ace is mafia I will be so shocked it will be like having a heart attack. Or something. Of course, I suppose Tesung could be scum... but it'd be risky saying that Ace did indeed have a role at night...

Another hole in the plan is that out of those 3, one has to be the mayor, right? If LW's most favourable theory is correct, then one of More Cowbell, von and cxinlee is a mayor, whilst the other 2 are scum along with spiresquire and Obbmud OR Tesung and one other out of spiresquire/Obbmud.

Basically, possible scumteams to me at this point:
spiresquire, Obbmud99, vonFiedler, cxinlee
spiresquire, More Cowbell, vonFiedler, cxinlee
More Cowbell, Obbmud99, vonFiedler, cxinlee
spiresquire, More Cowbell, Obbmud99, vonFiedler
spiresquire, More Cowbell, Obbmud99, cxinlee
Tesung, Ace Emerald, vonFiedler, cxinlee
Tesung, Ace Emerald, Obbmud99, cxinlee
Tesung, Ace Emerald, spiresquire, cxinlee
Tesung, Ace Emerald, Obbmud99, vonFiedler
Tesung, Ace Emerald, spiresquire, vonFiedler
Tesung, Ace Emerald, More Cowbell, Obbmud99
Tesung, Ace Emerald, More Cowbell, spiresquire
Tesung, Ace Emerald, More Cowbell, vonFiedler
Tesung, Ace Emerald, More Cowbell, cxinlee

Before you call me out on it, vonFiedler, I haven't included myself in the scumteam list because I know I'm not scum and I just want to catalogue the scumteam possibilities at this point for me. Let me know if I missed any...

So today, I think we should have a vote out of vonFiedler, cxinlee, spiresquire and Obbmud99. In every possibility one of these is scum, I think. If you really want, you can vote to kill me as well, I don't really mind. Anyway, just do your 2 votes, like so:
1) vonFiedler
2) Obbmud99

I didn't choose cxinlee, because I feel like I want to pick one who has claimed and one who has not. Cxinlee is still my second-most scum, but I think that lynching von first should give us information about cxinlee. I am very open to a lynch on cxinlee today, though.

The person you pick first will earn 2 points, and the person you pick second will earn 1 point. I'll tally up the scores at the end so that we can see exactly who to lynch today.

1)cxinlee
2)more cowbell

Also not too sure about ace emerald by both tesung and celever (earlier days). A little strange.
Cxinlee/walrein seems strange to me. Walrein was only looking at the people who were already targets.
More cowbell hasn't had the magnifying glass on him, so I would like to apply some pressure.

Also notable that More Cowbell defused a bandwagon on swf on Day 1.
Mind pointing out where, exactly? I've checked back on Day 1, and while I said ''I don't want to hop on the swf bandwagon just yet'', I can't find a post in which I defended starwarsfan, apart from saying ''he has decent defenses''. If you check back on the thread, I've had swf as one of my main suspicions from Day 2 onward, and I think I made that quite clear.

You know what? I think I'm just going to deter all of the suspicions away with my claim so that we can progress with the day in a timely manner.

[...]

The people in green are those who have claimed their roles now... so this should be simple, right? Lynch the guys who haven't claimed!
So claiming auto-cleans you now? Out of all the claims, nothing is 100% yet; Tesung's alliance is still unknown (he may be a Mafia Talent Scout, and I still don't understand how his findings can clean Ace Emerald), nobody counterclaimed on Obbmud (though I believe LightWolf's calculations showed a 45% chance of there not being any Masons in the game, so that's not a bad claim for someone who was about to get lynched), spiresquire isn't cleaned (the hint to his role in his first post was good, but it may be a smart mafia move), and Celever's claim doesn't mean anything either.

Célèver
More cowbell
We know you don't trust Celever much, but mind explaining why you put your second vote on me, since you haven't shown much sign of mistrust towards me before?

As for my votes, I'm putting down
1. Celever
2. Tesung

Celever's claim was much too easy; Tesung, Obbmud and spiresquire all have got something going for their claims, while Celever has nothing. I find this especially shady with Celever's new ''lynch people who haven't claimed!'' approach. Celever also says ''With LW gone you want to lead. So many things makes LW's kill good for you'' to Von, after which Celever herself steps up as a village lead. A bit backward, no? We all know LightWolf had something against Celever (yesterday as well, Celever, whether you like it or not), so having LightWolf gone doesn't sound bad for Celever, either. I know I considered Celever town earlier, but I don't like that sudden claim and attempt at leading the village for no reason.

I still don't like how Tesung was steering towards a mass claim yesterday, and how he kept postponing giving his results after claiming. It's still unconfirmed whether Tesung is village or mafia, both can have Talent Scouts (you have three times as much chance of being a mafia Talent Scout, too, statistically).

Also, can someone please explain to me how Tesung can clean Ace Emerald as a Talent Scout?

I still don't exactly see what makes Ace autoclear, to be honest. I think it still could be possible that Tesung is using his semi-clear status to cover for a scum-mate. He's already made the mafia interested in him due to the implication of a power role. And it can't possibly be a protective one. If it is an information role, I see no reason to keep those hidden as of now. It bugs me that we're supposed to just assume Ace is clear without any real reason.

However, I will try to go back and examine the game to see if I can root out any possible suspects. :/

That's another thing that bothered me; how did Tesung survive the night when mafia knows he has a power role? Do we have a defensive role that the mafia knows of (through a Talent Scout or Hooker?) that would surely be put on Tesung, and therefore mafia went for LW? I know LW was a very likely mafia target as well, but I still think that as mafia, you want info roles out of the way ASAP.

In the few times I've checked here after my post, I've seen Ace Emerald browse the thread, and I've seen spiresquire twice (of which at least one visit was of considerable length). Why are you not posting guys :(

Also, tagging cxinlee again, you seriously need to start posting more dude

I could still probably see why they'd keep a Talent Scout alive of all the roles over a cop, which is why I'm not all too excited to immediately point out Tesung as mafia, but his play certainly bothers me. He claimed out of the blue, for no particular reason, then he outright refused to out his information. Information that actually wasn't all that great, to be honest. The worst it can really do to mafia is force them into claiming something like Vanilla Townie rather than Doctor, which is already a scummy claim at this point.I was under the impression that it gave out both alignment and ability for some reason. <_< Also, math isn't exactly on Tesung's side here; A Talent Scout on the town's side is less likely to show up than a mafia-sided one, with one for town roles, and three out of the mafia roles. That reason alone wouldn't make me doubt him, but the way he's been so top-secret with his info is really concerning me. Probably who'll I'll end up voting, but first I'd like to know why he's willing to clear Ace, but not give out his actual role. If he is a doctor, the mafia probably already know that, and if he's an information role, I'd appreciate it if we had a more "reliable" source. Then there's the chance he could be the Hider, who can clear people depending on who they hide behind. If he got "no ability" for Ace, then it'd seem like he's just as clear as a mafia goon who could get the same result.

Out of the second-choice options, I'm not really sure. So I'm just going to take the opprotunity to post some reads, and the first one I put up top will be considered my second option I guess.

Celever's had some pretty convincing arguments thrown his way, and I'm disliking how he seems to want to overcompensate for some of his pretty scummy actions over the course of the game. Starwars tried doing this last cycle, and I was taken a fool for it, turning a pretty strong scumread to a "well...maybe he isn't that bad..." That said, (and I've said this plenty of times now), he's still obnoxiously flip-floppy for me. Like I'd consider him town for a few days or so, and then he says or does something really really stupid, enough to make me want to re-read his tl;dr's entirely. I'm not the only person with these feelings, right? Then the next cycle comes, and somehow I drop my suspicions of him, starting the vicious cycle over again. As for his claim, it's not like I don't buy it, but as MC said, you don't really have much to back it up with. :/

Ace hasn't done anything incredibly scummy, but I still have my own doubts about the guy. Wasn't a huge contributor at all yesterday, basically just bandwagoning starwars for the sake of majority, and that's basically it. No real scumreads of note, maybe a little comment here and there, but I wouldn't put him past "active lurking." For some reason I find it a little silly that he's considered the most townie out of all of us. He's just been "out of the way" like I have all game, only he's probably a bit busier than I am considering that I'm just a kid. That said, the dude hasn't got much scrutiny at all, unlike cxinlee and myself. Although in my case I was just being an overemotional little bitch hiding behind LightWolf, so any suspicions toward me now are pretty legit as far as I see it. I'm not planning on voting him anytime soon, but I still have my suspicions at hand.

More Cowbell I've tried to look over a bit, and my opinion of him hasn't exactly changed all too much. The compliments were maybe a little unnecessary, I just figured I'd return the favor after I felt a little flattered by his read of me a while back. I don't idolize the guy, but he posts in a way that I'd hope to one day; logically and often. That said, I'm still bothered by a few of his actions last cycle, notably his willingness to lead a lynch on someone on the grounds of inactivity at the very beginning, and the sudden bandwagon on Obbmud toward the end. Also, a bit of what I said for Ace could also apply down here, I suppose.

Andd I've already talked about my feelings on von, which haven't really changed much. Still think the initial reason for suspecting me was absolute garbage, but at least now I could see why he'd find me a bit scummy now if Celever does indeed flip up scum. We've both been hesitant to lynch starwarsfan, to the point where I didn't even vote for him, and I've been pretty dodgy about Celever himself. I'd much rather be suspected for this rather than being suspected for posting my reads on people and apparently "pretending to ignore him" even though I haven't been the only person to skip over posts. <_<

I don't really like the idea of a lynch on Obbmud, if only because starwars tried to attack him so often in the game, even more than he tried to with Tesung. Maybe this was a bus, I have no idea, but it looked like a last attempt to cast suspicion off himself and snag a win. That, and his claim is the most believable out of all of ours, and that's a named townie of all things. LightWolf pointed out that he was being fairly consistent with his playstyle at the very least, even if he did call him a stupid townie. :P It'd be nice if he posted a little more today though.

I'd also consider cxinlee solely because I felt a tad uncomfortable with his previous player, not just because of his inactivity. I'd be a pretty big hypocrite if I were to base my lynch on inactivity alone. I'm still waiting for those reads of his, though, but if we were to lynch him, he'd seem like the kind of guy the mafia could afford to lose if any busses toward him are in the works at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)