Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've read, Guts ignores the attack lowering induced by burn and still gives you 1.5x boost over your base attack stat.

edit: damn, always beaten :P

So fakeout is like protect; always goes first, eh?

So can you tell me if I have this right:

Hariyama with Toxic Orb and Guts ability

First turn: Use fake out opponent flinches no matter what despite your own horrible speed
Second turn: Toxic Orb activates (it doesn't work on first turn right?) and Guts ability gives your 1.5x attack power
Now attack with 1.5x power ^^
It only works the turn the Pokemon comes out or switches in then uses Fake Out.

You can still get a Poison Heal Breloom by breeding in Emerald, but you will need it to be a Shroomish upon trading it to D/P, and then evolving the Shroomish after its already in D/P. The ability may change upon evolution.

However, if you evolve it in Emerald, then theres no way to get PH Breloom.
thanks man!

What Pokemon can be used to help round out this team?

Jolly Weavile @ Focus Sash
252 ATK / 252 SPD / 4 HP
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit

Adamant Tyranitar @ Choice Band
60 HP / 252 ATK / 196 SPD
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch

Adamant Lucario @ Salac Berry
252 ATK / 252 SPD / 4 DEF
- Endure
- Reversal
- Swords Dance
- Crunch

I forgot how to do EV points when training since I've been breeding for awhile. =P. I'm EV training Chansey in Defense and if I battled a Gravler, I would get 6 defense points from Macho Brace and Pokerus? And if I switch it out and the other Pokemon defeats Gravler, does it still get 6 defense EV points?

252 ATK / 252 SPD / 4 HP
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit

- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch

- Endure
- Reversal
- Swords Dance
- Crunch
Seeing as how right there you have a 10x Fighting weakness (!!!), I would consider using something that eats those fighters for breakfast, like Gliscor or Weezing.

252 ATK / 252 SPD / 4 HP
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit

- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch

- Endure
- Reversal
- Swords Dance
- Crunch
yeah as previous poster said that's major fight (read: scarfhera) weak

Fig

Needs to stop disappearing.
is a Contributor Alumnus
What happens when you have a substitute up and you use protect?
Protect still has its normal effect. Sub only blocks status effects, stat changes, and takes the hits instead of your pokemon. (Multi-hit moves that break your subs and still continue will then damage your pokemon like normal)

Protect still has its normal effect. Sub only blocks status effects, stat changes, and takes the hits instead of your pokemon. (Multi-hit moves that break your subs and still continue will then damage your pokemon like normal)
so than protect would prevent the sub from being broken, yes?

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Can a pokemon flinch while asleep? Does sleep last longer than normal if so?

Only if you use Sleep Talk. It still counts as a turn spent sleeping so the sleep will not last longer than normal.

What about confusion?

Not sure on this one.

Hey this may be a bit of a silly question but I need it answered.

My ingame name on Pearl is MITCH. What I need to know is if I can change that to something else when I use Wi-Fi so it won't appear as MITCH.

Fig

is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey this may be a bit of a silly question but I need it answered.

My ingame name on Pearl is MITCH. What I need to know is if I can change that to something else when I use Wi-Fi so it won't appear as MITCH.
Once you set your name at the beginning you're stuck with it. The only thing you can change about yourself ingame is your wi-fi avatar, done by talking to the first guy on the left in the Oreburgh Pokecenter.

Ev's and Iv's

I simply do not understand the formula could someone explain it to me? I need to klnow if there is two one for ev's and one for ivs and what they are and what each thing means. I have seen the on here but I dont get it.

Fig

is a Contributor Alumnus
EVs, or Effort Values, are points you get when you defeat, and gain experience, from a pokemon. Every pokemon gives at least 1 point in one of the six stats. Every 4 EVs in a particular stat means one extra stat point at level 100. If you gain 252 EVs in attack, then your attack stat will be 63 points higher at level 100 than the same pokemon that isn't EV trained. In short, EV training is a very,very good thing.

IVs, or Individual Values, are the equivalent of a pokemon's genes. Every pokemon has for each stat a value ranging from 0 to 31 with 0 being the lowest and 31 being the highest. If you have two gibles, one with a 3 in its speed stat and the other with a 31, then the latter gible will have a speed stat that is 28 points higher at level 100 than the other one. IVs are random and it generally takes a very long time to either catch or breed one with IVs that are very high. There are guides found throughout Stark Mountain that explain in detail how to IV breed.

Also, IVs determine the power and type of the move Hidden Power. There is a Hidden Power guide that explains it in depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)