Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imma reserve Arcanine. I have an interesting idea for it since its looked down at as mediocre and outclassed.

View attachment 13811 Mega Bisharp

Ability:Sharp Edge:Boosts the crit ratio of blade-related moves such as Night Slash,X-Scissor,Drill Run,and Sacred Sword.
Move additions:Sacred Sword,Leaf Blade,Drill Run.
Stats:65/150/135/60/110/70=590

Bisharp has always suffered from lack of movepool(come on,who has stone edge on bisharp?).Well,the new moves that come with this Mega Evo fix that.Most of them are either A:a good offensive typing or B:have a high crit ratio.Mega Bisharps ability also makes it more worthwhile to use these,bumping up their crit ratio to the level of Faretch'd with a Stick.To make matters worse,these moves come of a motherf**king 150 base attack.Despite it's low speed,Bisharp's great defenses even let it tank most super-effective hits and react with a coverage move.

View attachment 13812 Mega Ferrothorn
Ability:FLASH FIRE(yes,Flash Fire).
Move additions:Toxic Spikes
Stats:74/114/181/54/135/20=578

Behold,the monstrosity that my imagination has created.Now that Ferrothorn has Flash Fire,it can stand up to the Fire-types that used to cream it with it's new ability,which MAKES IT FUCKING IMMUNE TO ITS ONLY SIGNIFICANT WEAKNESS.It can also go offensive with Knock Off,Gyro Ball,Power Whip,and even Bulldoze backed by a base 114 attack.It can also wall almost any offensive threat with 74/181/135 defenses,leaving it with nearly no counters bar fighting types.If you think this is OP,don't blame me,blame my psychokinetic mind.
Flash Fire on Ferrothorn makes zero sense. Give it something actually fitting, like Sturdy or Filter.

Reserving Machamp. It deserves a Mega Evolution like Alakazam, its mental counterpart.

Mega Machamp
Type: Fighting/Steel
Ability: Guts/No Guard/Steadfast --> No Guard
Stats: 90/130/80/65/85/55 (505 BST) --> 90/170/115/75/100/55 (605 BST)

The Steel type (around the myth of bodybuilders having muscles as hard as steel) completely changes Machamp's weaknesses and resistances. It's now neutral to Fairy and Flying but suffers from crippling Fire and Ground weaknesses. Its Dynamic Punch spamming job is easier with better bulk, 8 resistances and an immunity to Poison. It also gains STAB on its (only) priority move Bullet Punch, giving it nice utility.

I thought about giving it Drain Punch (with Iron Fist), but I fear this would make it too powerful.

Last edited:
Reserving Golurk
----------------------------
Golurk
Type: Ground/Ghost → Steel/Ghost
Ability: Iron Fist/Klutz/No Guard → Well-Oiled (Gives an Automnize boost upon switching in.)
Stats: 89/124/115/105/115/75 (583 BST) 50 SpA + 15 Def + 15 SpD + 20 Spe
New moves: +Overheat +Gear Grind (You do not know how tempted I was to give it Shift Gear.)

Mega Golurk gains what it cried out for upon mega evolving, a more befitting type, and the Special Attack it need to take advantage of its diverse movepool. Golurk is a golem, a machine, therefore he must be a Steel type. Well-Oiled makes up for Golurk’s lack of speed, allowing investment in other stats. Overheat was added because machines overheat, and Gear Grind because, again, Golurk is a machine.

Last edited:
I really love the concept behind this metagame but... this topic shows why forum members shouldn't be allowed to just post their ideas and call it a day.
Many submissions here practically boil down to "attempt to make a pokemon overpowered while staying within the boundaries of the rules".
I mean, come on... fairy and steel typings, abilities that remove 4x weaknesses even though they make no sense falvor-wise, trollish speed tiers and so on.
This is why the CAP subforum is strictly moderated.
There are many great ideas here that are both balanced and fit a pokemon flavor-wise though.

Anyways here's my entry for Kyurem-Black since it looks like alternate forms are also getting mega evolutions:

Mega Kyurem-Black

Typing: Dragon/Ice
Abilities: Teravolt -----> Overdrive (permanent Power Herb effect, meaning 2-turn moves require no charge)
BST: 125/170/100/120/90/95 -----> 125/180/130/150/120/95
New Moves: none

This... was very hard to do be because Kyurem-B and "balanced" never belonged in the same room to begin with, but here it is.
The main attraction is obviously its new ability, which finally gives Kyurem-B a good physical Ice STAB to use.
I decided not to touch its speed, give it a minimal attack boost and not give it any new moves, as I was afraid Kyurem-B would become way too strong that way. The increased defenses offset the lack of Leftovers and the increased special attack is mostly for Earth Power against steels, since Mega Kyu-B will likely run a -Spa nature.
That seems way too broken. Essentially the reason Kyurem-Black was OU was the movepool problem and now you fixed the problem with it's STAB. I can understand you say that it's going to take a Mega Slot but it still seems too good.

How about nerf the ability a bit? Flavorwise, Kyurem-Black would probably get tired from launching those attacks (since it instantly charges attacks). How about maybe -1 Attack and Special Attack every time it uses a 2-turn move? Or maybe give it recoil (like 10-25% total health recoil, sort of like its hurting itself by forcing itself to insta-charge) every time it uses one of those moves? That seems like a nicer tradeoff. It could also then work with Hyper Beam and Giga Impact the same way

Flash Fire on Ferrothorn makes zero sense. Give it something actually fitting, like Sturdy or Filter.
Oooh, you know what would actually work with that flavor-wise but still keep the lessened Fire Damage? Heatproof? Now instead of being 4x weak to fire, it's only 2x. magikarpmandude, that seems like an idea to make it more flavorful

Last edited:
Well I'll reserve Ariados since no else did.

Mega Ariados
Bug/Poison -> Bug/Poison (Unchanged)
Abilities: Swarm/Insomnia/Sniper -> Intimidate (Well it is a giant spider with an angry face marking, and the Mega Form should make such features more apparent)
New moves: Glare (If angry face markings aren't any indication)
70/90/70/60/60/40 -> 70/120/80/65/75/70

Probably not viable enough for OU, but can at least set up Sticky Web against certain physical attackers or just paralyze/poison whatever switches in with a 100% accurate Glare or Toxic. Can also hit reasonably hard with Megahorn or Poison Jab.
Ariados Reserved by Etherdrive

Reserving: Meganium, and Ariados

Ariados

Type: Bug/Poison =======> Bug/Steel
Ability: Swarm/Insomnia/Sniper (Hidden Ability) ======> Fur Coat
BST: 70/90/70/60/60/40 ======> 70/100/120/60/90/50
New Moves: Powder, ExtremeSpeed, Dragon Dance

We All Know Ariados is a Joke mon. it's original BST is lower than some Second form mons and it's fully evolved. It's Only real niche is being a sticky web user that can't be put to sleep in monotype for the likes of Mono bug and Mono Poison

But then you can just powder in it's face till it dies

Mega Ariados takes inspiration from a wolf spider, hence furcoat, move choices are selected to either fit flavor wise such as extremespeed because it's agile and fast, and ariados is kinda slow (and spiders have a habit of moving very fast sometimes), and powder because wolf spiders can be dusty

Dragon Dance is there just because.... well corphish learns it so why not

Steel Typing and Fur Coat: Ability and secondary typing were chosen to reflect the wolf spiders hairiness, and multiple habitats ranging from woods to arid environments, and rather than just selecting rocks, since rocks will kill bugs irl, I chose steel because steel is immune to sand damage and bugs have exoskeletons

This is a retype btw, I had a much longer break down typed up but my tabs closed and I lost it all :C

Meganium
Type: Grass ====> Grass
Ability: Overgrow/Leafguard =====> Soothing Pulse
Stats:80/82/100/83/100/80 ====> 80/102/150/83/150/60
New Moves: Wish, Healing Pulse, Seismic Toss

Soothing Pulse: Upon entry into battle Meganium releases a wave of energy that removes all status ailments from the party (So... auto aromatherapy)

When you look at meganium the first thing you see and come to realize is that it's supposed to be a support pokemon. But it does not have the bulk to go along with its typing, and lacks essential moves and abilities to do better than things like Blissey/Florges etc.

With these changes I'm pushing the cleric roll into overdrive. Status effects are the bane of everything's existence, and the amount of options to prevent them are abilities that effect the user only and niche moves (Like safe guard) that don't last very long and require crucial turns (Heal bell and aromatherapy). So here is the exclusive ability I propose for Mega Meganium Soothing Pulse.

Meganium's Biology states: "It is said that Meganium's petals can release an aroma that can soothe anyone that comes in contact with it and can calm aggressive feelings, and its breath has the power to revive dead grass and plants. Its powerful and soothing regenerative powers can even come about by being around it, giving those who stand near the impression of being in a clean and lush forest".

In reality it does that.... to a very meager extent.

The additional moves are there to further establish Mega Meganium's role as a defensive supporter and wall, and give it the ability to fully support crucial sweepers that rely on recoil, are very frail, or become useless instantly in one status move.

Guys why don't we just put off the legendaries until last or do them in groups of three or four to make sure they are balanced as well as they can be.

Exeggutor

Type: Grass/Psychic -> Same
Ability: Chlorophyll/Harvest -> Contrary
Stats: 95/95/85/125/65/55 (Total 520) -> 95/95/115 (+30)/140 (+15)/105 (+40)/70 (+15) (Total 620)The main point of this mega is contrary with contrary you can use leaf storm to raise your special attack by two. The thing keeping this pokemon from being broken is it's speed and limited movepool. However, with his increased defences and his access to recovery in leech seed, synthesis, and giga drain, he can usually take a few hits before he goes down.

Zebstrika

Type: Electric -> Electric/Fire
Ability: Lightning Rod/Motor Drive/Sap Sipper -> Flash Fire
Stats: 75/100/63/80/63/116 (Total 497) -> 75/120 (+20)/68 (+5)/120 (+40)/68 (+5)/146 (+30) (Total 597)
New Moves: Flare Blitz, Fire Blast, and Flamethrower
This one is not changed in much but power. The extra weaknesses don't matter much because it is incredibly frail anyway and will die to most strong attacks. This is best used as a revenge killer because of it's mediocre movepool. Also, due to it's new stats it can run a good mixed set.

I would do one more, but every time I find one it gets taken, so here you go.

Last edited:
Personally, I think that making Furret bulky is a little farfetch'd (pun intended). Also, how exactly would it use Flare Blitz? Furthermore, I have already done it here(the OP hasn't been updated) and it has been responded to here.
Oh sorry, I didn't see yours lol. It just feels like Furret should have Fur Coat because his name literally has the word Fur in it. The fairy re-typing is because his shiny sprite is pink. Furret would use Flare Blitz as a way to get past steels that otherwise wall him until the end of time. However the recoil would cut his lifespan as he no reliable recovery.

Can we please stop slapping the following on everything:
  • Prankster
  • Unaware
  • Magic Guard
  • Fur Coat
  • Simple
  • Contrary
  • SHADOW TAG
  • ----- immunity (Storm Drain, Sap Sipper, Levitate, etc..)
You get my drift? Let's be creative! Mega Alakazam doesn't get the best ability in the world, neither does either Mega Mewtwo (Except M-M Y makes sense flavor-wise; awakened form yada yada), or even Mega Latios and Mega Latias, let's spice it up and give some stuff not horrible, but balanced abilities to make this more interesting and balanced overall!

Reserving Cradily, Gastrodon, and Sigilyph

Gastrodon(Gastrodite)
No type change
111/83/68/92/82/39------->133/85/74/122/102/59
Ability: Swamp Dweller(Multiplies the power of Mud-Slap, Mud Bomb, Muddy Water and Surf by 1.3 in rain)
New Moves: Shadow Ball, Safeguard, Bulk Up

Sigilyph (Sigilite)
Type change: Psychic/Bug
72/58/80/103/80/97-----> 92/58/80/133/100/127
Ability: Magic Guard
New Moves: Bug Buzz, Infestation, Nasty Plot, Hydro Pump

Last edited:
Ugh, initially I was really excited about this, but the ridiculous broken shit that don't even fit the flavor of the pokemon is really killing my enthusiasm fast. If acestriker19 is still reading this, he needs to put down some more rules. In addition to Chesnaught's suggested ban on broken abilities, I think we need to have a ban on the following as well:
1. Adding Fairy or Steel Typing (Unless really justified)
2. Making new versions of Pixilate/Refrigirate/Aerilate
3. Making new abilities.
4. Inventing new unique typings (ie, Ghost/Fairy, Dragon/Fairy, Fire/Ice)
5. Giving someone a pokemon's exclusive ability (ie, Imposter, Multitype, Wonder Guard)
6. ALSO STOP MAKING NEW MOVES.
7. Actually, STOP MAKING NEW ABILITIES AS WELL. THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.

EDIT: Chesnaught's Yargh I suck at codes.

Last edited:
Reserving Cradily, Gastrodon, and Sigilyph
Took Cradily already! (page 6)

Regarding brokeness and overpoweredness, I agree that something needs to be done. However, I don't think a blanket-ban on things like "no new abilities" or "no new type combinations" would be beneficial to the project, as I feel they would in fact detract from the versatility it so desperately needs so that the largest variety of Megas can be viable as possible. Rather, I think that we should review each proposed Mega after we recieve one from each list. Given how active this thread currently is, maybe we could do something like scrutinizing anywhere from 5-20 Mega-proposals a day, depending on how fast one thinks the thread could move. Does X really need a Fairy-type? Is Simple really necessary? Rather than outright banning things, perhaps we can simply look at things like the addition of Fairy-typing and new abilities with more scrutiny.

Last edited:
Ugh, initially I was really excited about this, but the ridiculous broken shit that don't even fit the flavor of the pokemon is really killing my enthusiasm fast. If acestriker19 is still reading this, he needs to put down some more rules. In addition to Chesnaught's suggested ban on broken abilities, I think we need to have a ban on the following as well:
3. Making new abilities.
5. Giving someone a pokemon's exclusive ability (ie, Imposter, Multitype, Wonder Guard)
7. Actually, STOP MAKING NEW ABILITIES AS WELL. THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.
Nope, new abilities are cool imo, just not when they're Pixilate clones, or when they're just definitely broken. I agree with what you said except for 3, 4, and 7, because that's what makes the new megas unique.

3. Making new abilities.
Dammit Bumper, and I was in the middle of making a new ability for Mega Lopunny :/

Nope, new abilities are cool imo, just not when they're Pixilate clones, or when they're just definitely broken. I agree with what you said except for 3, 4, and 7, because that's what makes the new megas unique.
Dammit Bumper, and I was in the middle of making a new ability for Mega Lopunny :/
I think new abilities kinda push the boundaries too much right now for this to be fun. I mean, none of the Megas have a unique ability - Charizard X gets Tough Claws, Mega Mewtwo gets Steadfast and Insomnia! - and yet one is at S-Tier in OU, and the other is still banned to Ubers. Restrictions breed creativity, you know.

I think new abilities kinda push the boundaries too much right now for this to be fun. I mean, none of the Megas have a unique ability - Charizard X gets Tough Claws, Mega Mewtwo gets Steadfast and Insomnia! - and yet one is at S-Tier in OU, and the other is still banned to Ubers. Restrictions breed creativity, you know.
Aerialite (Or whatever it's called)

Hawlucha
Fighting/Flying
Ability: Unburden/Limber/Mold Breaker --> Tough Claws
Stats: 78/92/75/74/63/118 --> 78/117/90/84/78/153
New Moves: Brave Bird, Mach Punch, Shadow Claw
Mega Hawlucha retains its ability to sweep, while having wallbreaking capabilities with Tough Claws, buffed attack and
Swords Dance/Bulk Up. Hawlucha finally gets good priority and a Flying move that can be used immediately with good power.
Shadow Claw lets it get past Ghosts like Aegislash and is powered by Tough Claws. U-turn gains greater utility with Tough
Claws, higher speed and the removal of one-shot sweeping.
I was also thinking of giving Mega Hawlucha the ability Impatient, which would work similarly to Mega Kyurem-B's Overdrive, ignoring the wait periods of moves like Bounce and Sky Attack. Let me know if this sounds better than Tough Claws and I can rework Hawlucha.

Suicune
Water --> Water/Flying
Ability: Pressure/Water Absorb --> Gale Wings
Stats: 100/75/115/90/115/85 --> 100/90/120/110/140/120
New Moves: Hurricane, Air Slash is level-up, Defog
Mega Suicune speaks more truly to its Pokedex entry with its buffed speed and Gale Wings and allows it to better use the
Flying moves that it has gotten. The design will likely either have wings or something that allows it to glide swiftly in
the north winds. Hurricane makes Suicune especially fearsome in the rain. RestTalk is still viable, but Suicune can also
be a fast Calm Mind sweeper or suport with Tailwind and Defog.

Floatzel
Water --> Water/Normal
Ability: Swift Swim/Water Veil --> Technician
Stats: 85/105/55/85/50/115 --> 85/125/75/115/60/135
New Moves: Bite, U-turn, Mud Shot
Mega Floatzel's normal typing and Technician allow it to use its movepool to better effect with moves like Double Hit,
Tail Slap, Quick Attack, Swift, Aqua Jet, Water Pulse, Pursuit and such. Floatzel's stats were difficult to adjust, aiming
for it to be a better mixed attacker with more usable bulk and higher speed at the same time. Bite and Mud Shot give
Floatzel some more Technician toys while U-turn lets it assist its teammates and play tag with its counters and checks.
Technician Hidden Power makes special or mixed sets a bit more interesting.

Looks like Pelipper hasn't been reserved so I'll take a shot at it:

Pelistorm Pelipper (Pelipperite)

Abilities: Keen Eye/Rain Dish -> Drizzle

New Moves: Whirlwind

Stats:

HP: 60 -> 60
Atk: 50 -> 50
Def: 100 -> 100
SpA: 85 -> 125 (+40)
SpD: 70 -> 120 (+50)
Spe: 65 -> 75 (+10)
Total: 430 -> 530 (+100)

Yeah. There is not a single Mega with Drizzle, but there is one for every other weather. Pelipper is a cool Mon but he sucks so this is a big buff. With rain supplementing STAB Water moves and Hurricane, it becomes capable of putting out some actual damage. To keep balanced, though, he doesn't have crazy stats. Rain Hydro Pump is going to hurt off 125 Special Attack anyway. There's also Ice Beam for obligatory coverage.

He can even go a defensive route with U-turn, Defog, Scald, Roost, Knock Off and good overall bulk. But it does have that 4x weak to Electric. Works well with Ground types in terms of synergy. I think Excadrill would make a good partner for him, offensively and defensively.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)