Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Wake up and see that 4 pages have been posted XD. Okay I'm gonna post responses page by page as I'm kinda behind. Every reservation and response up to page 8 should be done though and if I missed you PM me please.

Edit: Nevermind dont pm i know I missed a ton on page 8 I'll edit them in sorry.

Mega Infernape

Ability:Absolution:If this Pokemon faints,the Pokemon that attacked it faints as well.
New Moves:High Jump Kick,Sucker Punch,Wood Hammer,Power Gem,Sacred Fire
Base Stats:76/134/91/134/81/138

People of Smogon,I give you the best Fire-Type available in OU.Before,Infernape was outclassed by Charizard,Heatran,and more.But now,Infernape has more power than ever before with amazing offensive stats,decent defenses,and giant move pool.The new moves add more coverage and STAB options,and it's ability(see above) only makes it better.However,Infernape faces competition from Mega Charizard and Heatran still,but Infernape still outspeeds both.Infernape,unfortunately falls to most super-effective hits such as the mighty Unown's Specs STAB Hidden Power Psychic(lol),Hydro Pump from Politoed,and even Nidoking's Earthquake.
No sacred fire... or wood hammer and the ability needs to be changed the stat spread looks good though post an updated one with a new ability and I'll approve it.
#203: Mega Girafarig
Typing: Normal/Psychic -----> Ghost/Psychic
Abilities: Inner Focus / Early Bird / Sap Sipper -----> Etheriate (it was on the Mismagius evo)
BST: 70/80/65/90/65/85 -----> 80/110/85/70/95/115
New moves: Double-Edge, Body Slam, Extremespeed, Phantom Force

Concept: I've always thought this might make an interesting mega. Not an artist, but think of it like this: the tail takes control of the entire body giving us a Ghost/Psychic type (which is also a completely new combination). Useful as a switch in for baiting a spinblocker, then megavolve into your own spinblocker that's SE against ghosts (but also has a 4x weakness) and built to shred through the type. The speed boost is there to make sure it can hit most of its targets first (the average ghost isn't very fast), and Etheriate gives it three things that typical physical ghost types don't have: STAB Stomp (flinch move), STAB Double-Edge & Take Down (recoil), and STAB Body Slam (paralysis move). Extremespeed also gives it a much better priority move than Shadow Sneak. The emphasis on physical moves also makes Sap Sipper suddenly a useful ability, giving Girafarig a free attack boost before going mega when switching into grass types.
Looks good approved.

Suggestions for the metagame:
1. For ease of programming, either make people have to provide a sprite with their submission or just have the mons mega evolve into the shiny sprite. The sprite enforcement actually has a really positive effect in that rather then having 20+ rushed submissions, people will only have a couple of well thought out ones.

2. Increase the limit of mega pokemon on each team to 3+. There's so much new interesting things, but limiting to only 1 per team has two very negative effects. It greatly reduces the "fun" of having a ton of new pokemon and forces the mediocre ones into complete uselessness.

Making it a mega evolution only meta game is an interesting fix to both problems (you can just use original sprites) however, I'm not sure if that's what you're aiming for.

Also, in general, try to limit custom abilities. This is already a nightmare to program. Speaking of which, while I am a shitty programmer, I probably know enough to help you with some of the busy work - so feel free to send me a PM. I can help out with approvals as well (looking at the flood of incoming ones...)

Onto my submissions - some defensive threats to balance out all the offensive ones people are posting. ^_^
Mega Mantine
Typing: Water/Flying ----> Water/Flying
Ability: Swift Swim/Water Absorb/Water Veil ----> Marvel Scale
65/40/70/80/140/70 ---> 65/40/105/105/180/70
New Moves: Pain Split, Psycho Shift

Enough special bulk to avoid a 3HKO from Mega Char Y (biggest special threat in OU), the rest balance out physical bulk and special attack. Marvel Scale allows him to viably use rest while Pain Split gives him a non-rest option and pairs well with his low base HP. Psycho Shift was just for the idea of an extremely gimmicky set of Rest/Sleep Talk/Psycho Shift/Scald. I was considering changing him to Water/Dragon, but then he wouldn't be able to counter Char-Y due to Dragon Pulse.
In summary: The ultimate RestTalker.

Mega Walrein
Typing: Water/Ice ----> Water/Ice
Ability: Thick Fat/Ice Body/Oblivious ----> Unaware
110/80/90/95/90/65 ----> 110/100/120/115/120/65
New Moves: Recover

My main goal was to avoid the 3HKO from Mega Char X with max defense investment. I gave her equal SpD to keep her same mixed bulk ratio and spread the rest evenly over her offensive stats to keep her as a tank rather than a toxic stalling wall. Unaware is basically another take on oblivious, and I think a viable unaware mon is absolutely necessary given that quagsire and clefable aren't gonna stand up to shit in this metagame (and people will probably take them a different route with their mega evo's.) Recover feels virtuous so it has some way to restore HP, it may be a bit over the top though.

Mega Solrock
Typing: Rock/Psychic ----> Rock/Psychic
Ability: Levitate ----> Contrary
70/95/85/55/65/70 ----> 70/105/130/55/110/70
New Moves: V-Create, Super Power, -Baton Pass

I've always wanted to see the niche of a defensive V-Create user. Solrock really has nothing over other mega evo's when first sent out, but if allowed to snowball, he can become unstoppable. This is balanced out by his now 8 weakness ridden horrible defensive typing and the removal of baton pass from his kit (he only gets it from XD Gale of Darkness anways.)

Mega Lunatone
Typing: Rock/Psychic ----> Rock/Psychic
Ability: Levitate ----> Simple
70/95/85/55/65/70 ----> 70/55/110/105/130/70
New Moves: Amnesia, -Baton Pass

Just the converse to Solrock so they stay "connected."
Love all the defensive megas but contrary V-create is quite OP I think just contrary superpower is fine.
Thanks for the feedback individual sprites would be difficult as not everyone is an artist (I'm definately not) but if enough people are interested I'll make it a priority

I want to see how the metagame develops before I add more than 1 mega per team

Yeah I know this is going to be hell to program but anybody who wants to help with that or the approval process PM me (like I wrote in the OP).

acestriker19

Mega Furret
->

Type: Normal -> Normal/Fairy
Stats: 85/76/64/45/55/90 -> 85/120/100/45/55/110
Ability: Frisk -> Fur Coat (Physical Damage reduced by 50%)
252+ Atk Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0+ Def Fur Coat Furret: 60-71 (19.2 - 22.8%) -- possible 5HKO

New Moves: Play Rough, Swords Dance, Flare Blitz.

Sample Moveset:
Play Rough
Flame Blitz
Howl/Swords Dance/Belly Drum (whatever is the most balanced)
Quick Attack

Concept: Only 515 Base Points? Who fucking cares. This thing has so much physical bulk that it makes Skarmory look like a sheet of paper. Normal/Fairy typing is excellent for defense as Fairy cancels out Normal's Fighting Weakness, grants a resistance to dark, and gives an immunity to dragon (which stacks with Normal's immunity to Ghost). Mega Furret's base 120 attack is nothing special, but since it has access to an attack boosing move and so much physical bulk it can make a great late game cleaner. Furret needs teammates that can take care of fast special attackers, (Gengar, Thundurus, Deoxy-S, and Greninja) in particular. Also, M-Furret doesn't like Mega Scizor Bullet Punch. On the defensive side, Heatran and Megasaur don't really care about M-Furret.

Furret can get through steels at the cost of health (through flare blitz)
I feel really bad I forgot to cross out furret after gamer boy did a speed boost one :[ I would have approved this if I didn't already do that one I'm really sorry.

Florges
Typing: Fairy -----> Fairy / Grass
Abilities: Flower Veil / Symbiosis -----> Natural Cure
BST: 78/65/68/112/154/75 -----> 78/65/108/132/174/95
Moves: + Leaf Storm, + Earth Power, + Synthesis

Honestly I liked Florges when it was first revealed. It being solid defensive Pokemon with decent typing and an early appearance in-game during X and Y, leading to me using one on my in-game team, made me really wish it was competitive in OU as well. Unfortunately, Florges is utterly outclassed by a similar, specially defensive pure Fairy-type, Sylveon. What would it take to sufficiently differentiate Florges from its Eeveelution superior?

Well, for starters, Mega Florges is also Grass-type, distinguishing it from Sylveon. While this typing is actually weaker in most respects, it makes more sense flavorwise and gives Florges powder-move and Leech Seed immunity, giving it something different. Additionally, another task was to give it an ability that wasn't completely useless in singles, unlike Flower Veil or Symbiosis. Natural Cure seemed like a good fit flavorwise, and was a nice ability for a defensive Pokemon. With the added Grass-typing also came some nifty Grass-type moves, namely Leaf Storm and Synthesis; the former provides a stronger special Grass-type move other than Energy Ball, while the latter offers decent recovery. I also threw Florges a bone with Earth Power; Fairy/Ground gives amazing coverage offensively, and flavorwise it made sense, since Florges is heavily associated with gardening and other field work. Additionally, Sylveon doesn't have this valuable offensive combination to work with (well, unless you count Dig, but no one should count Dig competitively), so it further differentiates Florges from its fellow defensive Fairy-type.

In terms of stats, Defense recieved the biggest boost, aiding the lopsidedness of Florges's defenses but not diluting its Special orientation. Special Attack and Special Defense were also boosted moderately, since Mega Florges is still a Special wall and Special attacker. Finally, 20 points went into Speed to put it on par with the likes of Sharpedo and Yanmega (who aren't as fast as one would think without Speed Boosts).

With a newfangled part Grass-typing, boosted defenses and Special Attack, and superb Fairy/Ground coverage, Florges succeeds in carving out a niche at least partially unique from its main competitor Sylveon. It remains an excellent Special wall just as it had before, but Mega Florges is now certainly an option to consider over its fellow Fairy-type brethren.

Gonna reserve Ambipom to work on tomorrow.
Love it approved

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
acestriker19

i know this it messes with the flavor i mentioned in the original post a little earlier, but would it be possible to take 10-20 more points out of Mega Druddigon's special attack and add them into either defenses or speed? +10 speed and +5 to each defense is something i had in mind, although idk what you think of it.

EDIT: acestriker19 you also forgot to change mega druddigon's ability to Tough Claws in the google doc :x.

Last edited:
acestriker19 As I mentioned in my post, it'll be great to have a voting period where all variations of a specific mon is put to vote and decided from there. You may also include multiple mons in one voting period. The fact that someone reserved a mon first doesn't mean that someone else can't come up with a better view.

Edit: Also, once a mon is approved, please tag the post in the OP. Thanks.

Now PM me if I missed you on page 8

I'm reserving Ninjask, will edit this post when I'm done.

Ninjask ----> Mega-Ninjask
Bug/Flying ----> Bug/Ground
Abilties: Speed Boost/Infiltrator ----> Speed Multiply: Taunt, Status Inflicting, and Phazing moves have 30% accuracy and this Pokemon gains +1 Speed per turn.
61/90/45/50/50/160 ----> 100/120/70/50/70/190
Moves: +Megahorn, +Iron Defense, +Amnesia
Concept: This allows Ninjask to be the best Baton Pass mega, except for maybe Imanalt's Xatu. It is much stronger than the original Ninjask and can ignore Taunt completely. It also now gets Iron Defense and Amnesia so it has more moves to set up with to abuse new bulk. It is also the fastest Pokemon in the game, even out speeding Deoxys-Speed in this form. Speed Multiply lets it pretty much ignore Taunt, Roar, and Toxic. It is Bug/Ground like Nincada, making it neutral to Stealth Rocks now too.

PUT THIS POST IN THE NEXT UPDATE acestriker19
Looks good approved

Whimsicott

Typing: Grass / Fairy -----> Grass / Fairy
Abilities: Prankster / Infiltrator / Chlorophyll -----> Trickster (moves whose only effect is lowering one or more of the opponent's stats have their effect doubled)
BST: 60/67/85/77/75/116 -----> 60/77/85/97/125/136
Moves: +Nasty Plot

Whimsicott was the original Prankster; he was the one everyone thought would make a big splash in the OU Metagame at the release of Black and White. However, as the metagame progressed, people began realizing that it wasn't as good as theorized; it eventually fell from OU, even losing its spot as favored Prankster to Sableye. X and Y granted it the new Fairy-type, but also introduced yet another Prankster--Klefki--to compete with it. This theoretical Mega Evolution seeks to differentiate Whimsicott from its competitors entirely by giving it a new, yet similarly flavored ability. Trickster (it even sounds like Prankster!) similarly focuses on status moves, Whimsicott's specialty. However, it in particular focuses on a sorely underused aspect of the game, stat lowering--particularly the lowering of your opponent's stats. By doubling only stat drops on foes, Trickster makes it so that boosting Whimsicott's own stats is not a necessarily better option than lowering that of your opponents. Mega Whimsicott seeks to take advantage of this in a variety of ways.

Whimsicott has a multitude of options when it comes to stat-lowering, so there was little need to give it any more. Fake Tears drops the opponent's Special Defense 2 stages, while Captivate and Charm do the same for Special Attack and Attack respectively. Tickle drops the opponent's Attack and Defense one stage each; between these, Whimsicott is capable of lowering all 4 of the opponent's main stats. Trickster turns the first three drops into a whopping 4-stage drop, and the last into 2 2-stage drops. With its newly given Nasty Plot, Whimsicott can then use the turn neutered opponents use to switch out to boost its Special Attack, or alternatively use Cotton Guard to raise its lower defense stats. Its boosted speed helps it move first against most opponents, even without Prankster.

Now, the stat drops Whimsicott can induce seem rather overpowered. However, despite the vast number of possibilities Trickster opens up, Whimsicott cannot take advantage of all of them--actually, it can only take advantage of precisely 4. Four-Moveslot-Syndrome is a major problem for Mega Whimsicott; only having an Attack- or Special Attack- lowering status move leaves it wide open to attack on the opposite side. On the other hand, having one of each severely neuters Whimsicott's own damaging or surviving capabilities, as it would be forced to either give up a healing, boosting, or attacking move to do so. Defiant (Bisharp) and Unaware (Clefable) are everywhere in OU, both of which stop Whimsicott cold. Its loss of Prankster leaves it susceptible to priority, especially things like Scizor's Bullet Punch and Mega Pinsir's Flying-type Quick Attack. Without Nasty Plot, Mega Whimsicott is unable to deliver much damage to opponents, since neither of its offenses even break 100. Finally, without Cotton Guard, Whimsicott's Defense is rather middling, leaving it particularly open to physical attacks unless it packs Charm or Tickle.

Mega Whimsicott may have its shortcomings, but its unique ability enables it to play a role unlike any other current Pokemon. Four-Moveslot Syndrome prevents it from being sufficiently prepared for every threat it faces, but with careful planning, it can be a potent, dangerous, and, most certainly, annoying foe to face in battle.
Looks cool approved

Mega Swampert

Water / Ground ----> Unchanged
Torrent / Damp ----> Water Veil
100 / 110 / 90 / 85 / 90 / 60 (535) ----> 100 / 135 / 105 / 95 / 105 / 95 (635)
New Moves: Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, and Recover

Meet one of the best sweeper/wallbreaker hybrids in the game. With great overall defenses, excellent attack, and passable speed, Mega Swampert can now take on two roles very effectively. With Dragon Dance, Swampert can threaten more offensive teams, and with his 100 / 105 / 105 defenses, he's not going to be OHKOed anytime soon. Meanwhile, Swords Dance and Recover are the crux to Mega Swampert's wallbreaking prowess; Swords Dance provides a significant boost to his already impressive might, easily powering his way through even some of the sturdiest of physical walls, while Recover heals off damage and works as an excellent way to preserve his health. Water Veil was the ability I selected because it fits flavorwise with him being a Water-type and whatnot, and prevents foes such as Rotom-W and Sableye from cutting his attack in half with Will-O-Wisp. Mega Swampert's offensive playstyle performs very differently from regular Swampert's tankish playstyle, really differentiating the two from each other. Having great STAB attacks in Waterfall and Surf, and rounding the coverage off with Ice Punch, Mega Swampert is a Pokemon that must be prepared for, and is one that can destroy offensive and defensive Pokemon with surprising ease.
This looks good too :]

Mega Noivern

Dragon / Flying ----> Dragon / Dark
Frisk / Infiltrator / Telepathy ----> Tenebrate (from Pikachunn's metagame Metagamiate), Normal-type moves become Dark-type moves and become 30% stronger.
85 / 70 / 80 / 97 / 80 / 123 (535) ----> 85 / 120 / 80 / 120 / 80 / 150 (635)
New Moves: Poison Jab, and Sludge Bomb

This is a Mega Evolution that's very different from its regular form. Mega Noivern really breaks away from his regular form's playstyle, since he now has a new typing and mixed offenses, as well as a sharp increase in Speed. His Tenebrate-powered Boombursts and Returns will make up for the lack of a boosting move and low power compared to most other Mega Evolutions, hitting reliably hard right off the bat (lol I'm so funny). The Dragon / Dark typing serves as excellent STAB coverage, and is only resisted by Fairies, which is why I chose to add Poison Jab and Sludge Bomb to his movepool. It also gives him more switch-in opportunities against Dark- and Ghost-type moves, though losing the Ground immunity kinda stinks. His incredible Speed allows him to run a neutral Speed nature and still outrun base 130s, which further makes up for his so-so power for Mega Evolution standards. At first, I thought I'd make him a pure special attacker, but then I realized that a mixed attacker would be something new, and would be interesting to see this happen. Thanks to his 120 / 120 offenses, Mega Noivern can now threaten both physical and special walls, though his main goal in mind is to destroy offensive teams.
Oh dear god Dark type Boomburst.... lets go with No guard or Sheer Force, STAB Dark Boomburst would destroy everything sorry.

Mega Durant

Concept
Millennia of being preyed upon by Heatmor have given Durant a very powerful evolutionary pressure to protect itself from the flame-bodied anteater. Very rarely, Durant are found that have evolved a complete immunity to the fires of Heatmor. It is theorised that these Mega-Durant evolved through some historic mating with an as-yet undiscovered of species of bombardier beetle Pokemon, since Mega-Durant seem able to generate and spew flame from their abdomens.

Typing: Bug/Steel
Ability: Swarm/Hustle/Truant ----> Flash Fire

__________________________________ (+60)(+20) (+20)
Stats: 58/109/112/48/48/109 -----> 58/169/132/48/48/129

New Moves: Will-o-Wisp, Flare Blitz, Fire Fang

Explanation
The concept behind using Mega-Durant was admittedly inspired by fan-boy "Oh cool, let's turn this 4x weakness into an immunity" but the idea of an ant evolving into a bombardier beetle isn't too far-fetched (at least for Pokemon). Bombardier beetles are able to use explosive compounds against their foes and unless damaged, the beetles are unaffected by their pyro-antics. With this in mind, I decided to give Durant Flash Fire. Durant is one of those Pokemon that almost have the tools they need to compete in OU but fall slightly short. Competitively, Durant’s new Ability brings mixed gifts. The loss of Hustle reduces Durant’s attack power slightly, despite the base attack increase. However, Durant’s greatest weakness was its 4x Fire weakness which becomes an immunity upon mega-evolution, allowing it to absorb incoming Fire attacks and boost its own Flare Blitz hugely. In terms of new moves, Flare Blitz provides great coverage against Steels, and Will-o-Wisp turns Durant into a respectable physical wall, making the most of the increased bulk of its mega-form.

Playing with Mega-Durant
The idea is not to mega-evolve unless you need to. Hustle Durant is actually more powerful than its Mega, unless you are flinging around Flash Fire-boosted Flare Blitzes, so if you can attack first, or threaten something with a burn, you can stay in normal form. If you can predict a Fire attack, or you need the extra defence/speed, it's time to Mega-evolve.

Mega-Durant
Durant @ Durantite
Evs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe (could switch speed EVs to defence if you want better walling capabilities)
Nature : Adamant/Jolly
- Flare Blitz
- X-Scissor/Iron Head
- Stone Edge/Superpower/Will-o-Wisp
- Hone Claws/Will-o-Wisp

The set options are very changeable depending on what coverage you are willing to be walled by, and whether or not you want to sweep or wall physical attackers. Hone Claws is usable either with three attacks, or with two attacks and Will-o-Wisp, as it grants a 100% accuracy burn attack, and extremely powerful 100% accuracy attacks with Hustle.

Some calcs:

Hustle Durant vs Mega-Durant
252 Atk Hustle Durant X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 320-378 (79.2 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega-Durant X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 294-348 (72.7 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega-Durant Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 264-312 (86.8 - 102.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

After Hone Claws
+1 252 Atk Hustle Durant X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 476-564 (117.8 - 139.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 Atk Mega-Durant X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 440-518 (108.9 - 128.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 Atk Mega-Durant Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 640-754 (227.7 - 268.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
After Flash Fire
252 Atk Flash Fire Mega-Durant Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 394-464 (129.6 - 152.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Flash Fire Mega-Durant Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 640-754 (227.7 - 268.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Defensively
252+ Atk burned Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Durant: 76-90 (29.4 - 34.8%) -- 14.3% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk burned Lucario Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Durant: 69-81 (26.7 - 31.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Last edited:
Mega Durant

Concept
Millennia of being preyed upon by Heatmor have given Durant a very powerful evolutionary pressure to protect itself from the flame-bodied anteater. Very rarely, Durant are found that have evolved a complete immunity to the fires of Heatmor. It is theorised that these Mega-Durant evolved through some historic mating with an as-yet undiscovered of species of bombardier beetle Pokemon, since Mega-Durant seem able to generate and spew flame from their abdomens.

_______________________________ (+50)(+20) (+10)(+20)
Stats: 58/109/112/48/48/109 -----> 58/169/132/48/68/129

Explanation
The concept behind using Mega-Durant was admittedly inspired by fan-boy "Oh cool, let's turn this 4x weakness into an immunity" but the idea of an ant evolving into a bombardier beetle isn't too far-fetched (at least for Pokemon). Bombardier beetles are able to use explosive compounds against their foes and unless damaged, the beetles are unaffected by their pyro-antics. With this in mind, I decided to give Durant Flash Fire. Durant is one of those Pokemon that almost have the tools they need to compete in OU but fall slightly short. Competitively, Durant’s new Ability brings mixed gifts. The loss of Hustle reduces Durant’s attack power slightly, despite the base attack increase. However, Durant’s greatest weakness was its 4x Fire weakness which becomes an immunity upon mega-evolution, allowing it to absorb incoming Fire attacks and boost its own Flare Blitz hugely. In terms of new moves, Flare Blitz provides great coverage against Steels, and Will-o-Wisp turns Durant into a respectable physical wall, making the most of the increased bulk of its mega-form.

Playing with Mega-Durant
The idea is not to mega-evolve unless you need to. Hustle Durant is actually more powerful than its Mega, unless you are flinging around Flash Fire-boosted Flare Blitzes, so if you can attack first, or threaten something with a burn, you can stay in normal form. If you can predict a Fire attack, or you need the extra defence/speed, it's time to Mega-evolve.

Mega-Durant
Durant @ Durantite
Evs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe (could switch speed EVs to defence if you want better walling capabilities)
- Flare Blitz
- X-Scissor/Iron Head
- Hone Claws/Will-o-Wisp

The set options are very changeable depending on what coverage you are willing to be walled by, and whether or not you want to sweep or wall physical attackers. Hone Claws is usable either with three attacks, or with two attacks and Will-o-Wisp, as it grants a 100% accuracy burn attack, and extremely powerful 100% accuracy attacks with Hustle.

Some calcs:

252 Atk Hustle Durant X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 320-378 (79.2 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega-Durant X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 294-348 (72.7 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega-Durant Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 264-312 (86.8 - 102.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

After Hone Claws
+1 252 Atk Hustle Durant X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 476-564 (117.8 - 139.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 Atk Mega-Durant X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 440-518 (108.9 - 128.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 Atk Mega-Durant Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 640-754 (227.7 - 268.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
After Flash Fire
252 Atk Flash Fire Mega-Durant Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 394-464 (129.6 - 152.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Flash Fire Mega-Durant Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 640-754 (227.7 - 268.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Defensively
252+ Atk burned Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Durant: 76-90 (29.4 - 34.8%) -- 14.3% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk burned Lucario Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Durant: 69-81 (26.7 - 31.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
^literally the only bug/steel deserving flash fire. Everyone else can stop now.

Hawlucha
Fighting/Flying
Ability: Unburden/Limber/Mold Breaker --> Tough Claws
Stats: 78/92/75/74/63/118 --> 78/117/90/84/78/153
New Moves: Brave Bird, Mach Punch, Shadow Claw
Mega Hawlucha retains its ability to sweep, while having wallbreaking capabilities with Tough Claws, buffed attack and
Swords Dance/Bulk Up. Hawlucha finally gets good priority and a Flying move that can be used immediately with good power.
Shadow Claw lets it get past Ghosts like Aegislash and is powered by Tough Claws. U-turn gains greater utility with Tough
Claws, higher speed and the removal of one-shot sweeping.
I was also thinking of giving Mega Hawlucha the ability Impatient, which would work similarly to Mega Kyurem-B's Overdrive, ignoring the wait periods of moves like Bounce and Sky Attack. Let me know if this sounds better than Tough Claws and I can rework Hawlucha.

Suicune
Water --> Water/Flying
Ability: Pressure/Water Absorb --> Gale Wings
Stats: 100/75/115/90/115/85 --> 100/90/120/110/140/120
New Moves: Hurricane, Air Slash is level-up, Defog
Mega Suicune speaks more truly to its Pokedex entry with its buffed speed and Gale Wings and allows it to better use the
Flying moves that it has gotten. The design will likely either have wings or something that allows it to glide swiftly in
the north winds. Hurricane makes Suicune especially fearsome in the rain. RestTalk is still viable, but Suicune can also
be a fast Calm Mind sweeper or suport with Tailwind and Defog.

Floatzel
Water --> Water/Normal
Ability: Swift Swim/Water Veil --> Technician
Stats: 85/105/55/85/50/115 --> 85/125/75/115/60/135
New Moves: Bite, U-turn, Mud Shot
Mega Floatzel's normal typing and Technician allow it to use its movepool to better effect with moves like Double Hit,
Tail Slap, Quick Attack, Swift, Aqua Jet, Water Pulse, Pursuit and such. Floatzel's stats were difficult to adjust, aiming
for it to be a better mixed attacker with more usable bulk and higher speed at the same time. Bite and Mud Shot give
Floatzel some more Technician toys while U-turn lets it assist its teammates and play tag with its counters and checks.
Technician Hidden Power makes special or mixed sets a bit more interesting.
Tough claws on Hawlucha seems a little strange. Gale wings tho...

Also why gale wings on Suicune. It doesn't have wings. Since suicune purifies water and whatnot, how about natural cure?

Tough claws on Hawlucha seems a little strange. Gale wings tho...

Also why gale wings on Suicune. It doesn't have wings.
I said that the Mega Evolution will have wings or something similar. Suicune is usually associated with the north winds as well, so that's where the Flying type comes in.

Also look at these claws on Hawlucha! Well...they're kinda smallish, but they're still there and Lucha is one tough bird! Maybe they'll be more developed on the Mega Evolution.

Attachments

Aerialite (Or whatever it's called)
GDI Stop pointing out fax that make me look stupid. :P I think that's the exception that proves the rule. I mean one could argue that M-Gard also got a new ability, but it's shared with Sylveon, and it's also an -lite/-late ability.

Anyway, here's my Mega Leafeon:

Typing: Grass (Unchanged)
Abilities: Leaf Guard/Chlorophyll -----> Chlorophyll
BST: 65/130/150/85/90/105
New Moves: Weather Ball, Aromatherapy, Play Rough

Leafeon has one hell of a terrible movepool. The problem is, the moves it really wants are either a) Out of character for a Grass Type or b) out of character for an Eeveelution/cutemon (see: Earthquake). I decided to play up its aspect of being a Sun-loving mon instead. Weatherball is a Fire-type move that makes sense on Leafeon, and I don't understand why he didn't get Aromatherapy in the first place. I think Play Rough should be something all Eeveelutions should get though. The stat changes mean Leafeon can now go Mixed (with investment), or be statted up to be a decent, but not good, defensive mon.

Last edited:
Caught up to page 9 and a couple I missed on 7 again PM me if I missed you. Molk Beheeyem looks good sorry I missed it the first time around.

Normal Typing ----> Mega Typing (If it gets a new typing)
Normal Abilities ----> Mega Ability
Original Base Stat Total (in the format HP/Attack/Defense/Special Attack/Special Defense/Speed) ---> Mega Base Stat Total
New Moves

Concept: This should be an explanation of why this Mega Evolution fits this pokemon and the role it would play it in the Metagame.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mega pidgeot x

typing: normal/flying => normal/flying

ability: keen eyes/tangled feet/big pecks => keen eyes
(buff it so that keen eyes boosts accuracy 30% just like compound eyes)

stats: (479) 83 80 75 70 70 101 => (579) 83 80 85 140 70 121

new moves: NA

role in meta: nothing in the meta currently can spam a high powered special flying move. pidgeot is here to serve.

flavor justification: pidgeot is usually seen spamming a hurricane like move. This will allow it to spam hurricane just like in the anime.

alternatively

mega pidgeot y

ability: keen eye/tangled feet/big pecks => gale wings

stats: (479) 83 80 75 70 70 101 => (579) 83 140 85 70 80 121

new moves: flare blitz
flavor justification: according to pokemon lore pidgeot flys at mach 2 speed. priority is justified. since it flies so quickly, being on fire (flare blitz) is probably justified.

role in meta: probably same as talonflame except talonflame gets sword dance and pidgeot doesn't.

I'll let the owner of the project decide which one or neither sounds better

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mega camerupt

typing: fire/ground => fire/ground

stats: 70 100 70 105 75 40 (460) => 70 150 140 85 75 40 (560)

ability: magma armor/solid rock/anger point => dry skin/water absorb/storm drain

new moves: slack off via level up

flavor justification- for mega camel I imagine a huge badass mofo that tanks physical hits like no other. it also has immunity to water since it is a camel.

role in metagame- completely trolling rotom w and general volt turn stopper.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mega fearow

stats: (442) 65 90 65 61 61 100 => (542) 65 140 105 61 71 100

ability: keen eyes/sniper => sniper

new moves: close combat

move modification requests: reduce drill peck and drill run to 60 base power, but have them always cause critical hits.

flavor justification: fearow looks ferocious and reckless just like staraptor. no reason it shouldnt get close combat. drill peck and drill run should always cause critical hits since fearow and other pokemon that get these moves have very pointy/sharp beaks or horns.

role in meta: nothing viably uses 100% critical hit moves. nothing else gets 100% critical hit moves along with sniper.
I like X pidgeot better it feels more unique but I'm just gonna give it compoundeyes (it will be the stuff of nightmares)

Camerupt loooks good approved.

I'm not adjusting moves for certain mons so critrow will need to be changed.

Well I'll reserve Ariados since no else did.

Mega Ariados
Bug/Poison -> Bug/Poison (Unchanged)
Abilities: Swarm/Insomnia/Sniper -> Intimidate (Well it is a giant spider with an angry face marking, and the Mega Form should make such features more apparent)
New moves: Glare (If angry face markings aren't any indication)
70/90/70/60/60/40 -> 70/120/80/65/75/70

Probably not viable enough for OU, but can at least set up Sticky Web against certain physical attackers or just paralyze/poison whatever switches in with a 100% accurate Glare or Toxic. Can also hit reasonably hard with Megahorn or Poison Jab.
Somebody already did Ariados sorry.

View attachment 13811 Mega Bisharp

Ability:Sharp Edge:Boosts the crit ratio of blade-related moves such as Night Slash,X-Scissor,Drill Run,and Sacred Sword.
Move additions:Sacred Sword,Leaf Blade,Drill Run.
Stats:65/150/135/60/110/70=590

Bisharp has always suffered from lack of movepool(come on,who has stone edge on bisharp?).Well,the new moves that come with this Mega Evo fix that.Most of them are either A:a good offensive typing or B:have a high crit ratio.Mega Bisharps ability also makes it more worthwhile to use these,bumping up their crit ratio to the level of Faretch'd with a Stick.To make matters worse,these moves come of a motherf**king 150 base attack.Despite it's low speed,Bisharp's great defenses even let it tank most super-effective hits and react with a coverage move.

View attachment 13812 Mega Ferrothorn
Ability:FLASH FIRE(yes,Flash Fire).
Move additions:Toxic Spikes
Stats:74/114/181/54/135/20=578

Behold,the monstrosity that my imagination has created.Now that Ferrothorn has Flash Fire,it can stand up to the Fire-types that used to cream it with it's new ability,which MAKES IT FUCKING IMMUNE TO ITS ONLY SIGNIFICANT WEAKNESS.It can also go offensive with Knock Off,Gyro Ball,Power Whip,and even Bulldoze backed by a base 114 attack.It can also wall almost any offensive threat with 74/181/135 defenses,leaving it with nearly no counters bar fighting types.If you think this is OP,don't blame me,blame my psychokinetic mind.
Just give Bisharp Super Luck I already am rolling in custom abilities XD

How about for ferrothorn a compromise with Heatproof which halves damage from fire attacks also drop some that defense 181 is crazy new spread: 74/114/161/74/135/20

Mega Luxray
Type: Electric ----> Electric/Dark
Abilities: Rivarly/Intimidate/Guts ----> Strong Jaw
Stats: 80/120/79/95/79/70(523)----> 80/140/84/100/105/110(623)
New Moves: Bulk Up, Sucker Punch, Slack Off

Concept: This is the typing that Nintendo neglected to give Luxray. Intimidate helps Mega Luxray set up on physical attackers, especially with Bulk up, while Slack Off gives it reliable recover. Strong Jaw gives its Crunch and Thunder Fang a bite, while Sucker Punch allows it to pick off faster threats. Mega Luxray is countered by faster Fighting types, and its typing leaves it vulnerable to VoltTurn teams.

Edit: Here we go.

Mega Malamar
Type: Dark/Psychic ----> Dark/Poison
Abilities: Contrary -----> Prankster
Stats: 86/92/88/68/75/73 -----> 86/100/115/70/115/96
New Moves: Encore, Will-O-Wisp, Recover

Concept: Mega Malamar is designed to capitalize on Topsy-Turvey with Prankster, making Malamar a full stop to any set up sweeper. Malamar already had an amazing support movepool, with gems such as Topsy-Turvy, Taunt, Psych Up, Dual Screens, Destiny Bond, Simple Beam, and even STAB Foul Play. All Malamar needed was reliable recovery, which it now gets with Recover. Will-O-Wisp allows it to act like a better Sabeleye, while Encore can give a team mate a free switch in. Dark/Poison is an excellent defensive typing, and it makes sense flavour wise as Malamar is a squid.
Both of these look good approved.

Typing: Bug -----> Bug / Flying
Abilities: Swarm / Technican -----> Gale Wings
BST: 77/85/51/51/51/65 -----> 77/85/51/151/51/65
New Moves: Tail Glow, Quiver Dance, Aeroblast

Broken? No.
Yes. It needs a different ability if you want to keep that spread.

As I did reserve it, here it goes:

Hippowdon: 108/112/118/68/72/47 = 525 BST
Ability: Sand Stream/Sand Force
Type: Ground
Mega Hippowdon: 108/138/147/68/127/37 = 625 BST
Ability: Sand Stream
Type: Water/Ground
New Moves: Dragon Tail, Waterfall, Icicle Crash
With all the offensive buffs going around, Mega-Hippowdon has stepped up to fulfill the role of bulkiest tank ever. With tremendous bulk of 108/147/127, Mega-Hippowdon can easily tank most non-Grass hits and can retaliate with STAB Waterfall or Earthquake, with Icicle Crash for backup - while it is still slightly weaker on the SpD side, it has still got well above average tankiness and has reliable recovery in the form of Slack Off. Dragon Tail gives it an option over Whirlwind to do damage and phaze.
The new typing makes sense flavor-wise(it's a hippo) and allows it to take on water-types and fire-types more readily, although it needs a good partner to take grass-type attacks for it, like Scizor. It's attack stat is nothing to scoff at, as even uninvested it hits 312, more than enough for a wall to damage the meta, and a huge buff for stall - and for bulky offense.
I like it approved

Mega Deoxys-Defense
(50/70/160/70/160/90 --> 50/80/200/80/200/90)

Ability: Sturdy
New Move: Ingrain

Solely intended to be a better version of Deoxys-D. So incredibly bulky and defensive that NOTHING can wipe it out at full health. It can even use its alien-like body to INGRAIN itself into the field, slowly regenerating hit points. That is purely for flavour, though, as Deoxys-D already knows Recover. Its role is to actually advance Deoxys-D to the point where it is no longer on the border between OU and Ubers. This Deoxys-D can take all sorts of boosted hits that it couldn't before given its ability. Incredible Tank.
I know its hard with a mon with 700 BST to make it balanced by I think I said in the OP try to make megas perform a different function from thier already OU viable counterpart.

Here I go...

Granbull -> Mega Granbull
Fairy -> Fairy
Intimidate/Quick Feet/Rattled -> Strong Jaw
90/120/75/60/60/45 -> 90/150/100/60/80/70

Our Fairy-type physical attacker is come! The idea is to use either Intimidate or Rattled in order to ease transitioning into the mega form. Intimidate hinders opposing physical attackers, Rattled can give Mega Granbull a well needed speed boost. Since Granbull's Pokedex entries as well as its official art capitalize on its huge jaws, Mega Granbull gets the ability Strong Jaw which it can abuse plenty since it has access to both crunch and the elemental fangs.

A physical attacker with good coverage, power and great defensive typing. Granbull for OU.

Masquerian -> Mega Masquerian
Bug/Flying -> Bug/Water
Intimidate/Unnerve -> Storm Drain
70/60/62/80/82/60 -> 70/60/100/102/100/82

Masquerian gets its long sought revenge against Trollfreak by regaining Surskit's excellent Bug/Water typing as it mega-evolves. A boost in bulk helps Masquerians relative frailty, and a bit more speed and special attack allows it to hit harder.

Now, I was at a loss for what ability M-Masquerian should have. I pondered upon Drizzle, Rain Dish and even Oblivious and while these are all good abilities, to discourage your opponent from using water-attacks in fear of powering up megabug is a good thing.

Masquerian sets up using Intimidate, simple. Since it doesn't have access to Sleep Powder, it doesn't have such an easy time setting up as Butterfree or Vivillon - but surviving a Quiver Dance is what the extra bulk is for. Then, proceed to sweep with Hydro Pump/Bug Buzz.

But it doesn't end there! When in panic - Baton Pass. If your opponent tries to set up - Haze. Running out of health? Roost. Masquerian has a great movepool that's suddenly has become viable.

And finally, M-Masquerian doesn't need a lot of speed - it has Sticky Web. 4MSS ftw.

Altaria -> Mega Altaria
Dragon/Flying
Natural Cure/Cloud Nine -> Serene Grace
75/70/90/70/105/80 -> 75/70/110/120/115/100

The Pokéworld's fluffiest dragon has returned. Altaria needs a buff, and a buff it has recieved. Improved defences makes Altaria more tanky, and it has Cotton Guard to boost this tankiness even further. So that it doesn't die in one hit (except to ice attacks).

Altaria has always been pictured as serene and graceful, so Serene Grace suits it well. But what can Altaria abuse with this ability? Well, Altaria learned a new trick this gen: Moonblast. A 95 BP attack with 60% chance to lower your opponents Sp.Atk? Oh lawd. So why not make Ataria's type into Fairy/Flying or Dragon/Fairy and remove a crippling 4X ice weakness? I thought it would be too op - but if people disagree I guess a type change could work.

Altaria can also abuse a nice 60% burn chance Flamethrower. Physical attackers beware. A 20% freeze chance Ice Beam? Things are getting kind of scary.

So, tl;dr: Mega Granbull makes Granbull useful, Mega Masquerian makes Masquerian useful (and I'm open for changing its ability to Rain Dish, Drizzle or Oblivious) and Mega Altaria makes Altaria scarily potent, unless you're packing ice attacks.
All of these look great approved.

Heliolisk
Electric/Normal --> Electric/Normal(in normal weather/hail)/Electric/Rock (in sand), Electric/Fire(in sun), Electric/Water(in rain)
Ability: Dry Skin/Solar Power/Sand Veil --> Forecast
Stats: 62/55/52/109/94/109 --> 62/75/72/139/114/119
Movepool: + Weather Ball, + Solar Beam, + Nature Power

Concept: In keeping with the idea of Heliolisk being most at home in either inclement or exceptionally clement weather, Forecast feels like a fitting ability for it. Castform maintains a monopoly on snow forecast, and Heliolisk brings sand instead.

Omastar
Rock/Water
Ability: Swift Swim/Shell Armor/Weak Armor --> Sheer Force
Stats: 70/60/125/115/70/55 --> 70/90/160/120/116/39
Movepool: + Crunch, + Ice Fang

Concept: There's very little you can do with Omastar without breaking it entirely. I increased its mixed power and bulk, but decreased its speed to make it more revengeable after smashing (it still outspeeds Thundurus, though).

Emolga
Electric/Flying
Ability: Static/Motor Drive --> Serene Grace
Stats: 55/75/60/75/60/103 --> 55/85/65/127/75/121
Movepool: + Body Slam

Concept: Rocky the paraflinching flying squirrel.
All of these look good approved.

Mega Wobbufett!
Typing: Psychic ----> Unchanged
Ability: Shadow Tag/Telepathy ----> Unchanged
Stats:190/33/58/33/58/33(405) ----> 190/33/108/33/108/33(505)
New Moves: Recover, Heal Bell, Toxic

I'm sorry if this is the most broken thing in the world, but Wobbuffet deserves to be returned to its rightful place as an Uber. Heck, it would probably be broken even if we gave it nothing else but Recover, even though it actually needs a recovery move due to lack of Leftovers.
No new moves for Wobbuffet everything else looks fine though.

But but I reserved Unown already! :(

Mega-Unown
Typing: Psychic
Ability: Protean
Stats: 48/72/48/72/48/48 ---> 48/105/48/105/48/82
Movepool: +Detect, +Ancient Power, +Transform

Concept: Unown plays off the creepy stone ruin aspect. It can always get STAB on its Hidden Power, can turn into a Fighting or Rock Type thanks to Detect or Ancient Power, and can Transform to spook the opponent.
Approved as long as it isn't huge power unown I'm fine.

Mega Avalugg
"That's right I'm no longer weak to Stealth Rock"

Type: Ice/Steel (yeah it's 4x weak to fighting and fire. So what? look at its inpenetrable defense)
Stats: (95/117/184/44/46/28 --> 95/140/250/50/50/30)
New Moves: Heavy Slam
New Weight: 505kg --> 1010kg
Ability: Sturdy

Flavour: Avalugg is already bordering on inpenetrable to physical attacks. With its new typing, its weaknesses REALLY become weaknesses, and nothing else can even dream of touching it from a physical perspective. Avalugg is basically a giant sheet of armor. Mega-Avalugg takes that quite literally, and gains a massive steel coating over its body - at the cost of making its weaknesses even worse, it basically becomes inpenetrable to everything physical-based.

In Heavy Slam, Avalugg gains a STAB move that, combined with the fact that it is now the heaviest Pokemon in the game, allows it to dish out an incredibly large amount of damage. Given that it is still Sturdy, this makes Avalugg a very scary ("I'm going to take whatever attack you give me and hit you back incredibly hard") Pokemon.
Lol love the new weight and stat spread approved.

Typing: Dark -----> Dark
Abilities: Illusion -----> Trace
BST: 60/105/60/120/60/105 -----> 60/105/95/145/90/115
New Moves: Dark Void

Using Illusion before it Mega Evolves, Zoroark is able to either set up Calm Minds or Put the opponent to sleep, and possibly sweeping with it's newfound Speed and Special Attack. Trace is a Ability that allows Zoroark to have a layer or strategy, making it even more dangerous if it is switched in at the right time (Agaist Heatran Lava Plume etc)
No Dark Void please just getting bulkier stats to set up a surprise nasty plot makes it great.

magikarpmandude how the fuck does flash fire ferrothorn make any sense? that's just outright borked. Actually put some thought into this people, and read the OP (and rules) ffs :/

anyway, since I reserved them:

Sawsbuck

Grass/Normal ----> Grass/Fighting
Sap Sipper / Chlorophyll / Serene Grace ----> Adaptability (makes sense flavour-wise because Sawsbuck changes formes with seasons, therefore 'adapting')
80/100/70/60/70/95 (475) ---> 80/115/90/90/90/110 (575)
New Moves: High Jump Kick (already gets double kick/jump kick), Earthquake(almost all fighting types learn eq), Blizzard, Leaf Storm, Hail

Concept: All of what I added contributes to flavourness, since it adapts to every season by changing its looks, it gets Adaptability as the ability (i know thats cliche in mega mons, but i promise this makes sense :c). And since it learns two fighting moves, Double Kick and Jump Kick, it's typing was changed into Grass/Fighting and it got HJK as a new move, along with EQ, Blizzard, Leaf Storm, and Hail. The latter 3 also contribute to its flavourness since, frankly, i don't know why he didn't get them in the first place. Earthquake is a bit odd, but it's not odd for grass-types to have EQ as well as fighting-types.

110 speed makes it sit on a pretty solid speed tier, being pretty fast (tying with lati@s and gengar) at 110. Attack didn't receive a big buff because of Adaptability, so it was only raised to 115. It's special attack was also raised to 90, making it possible to run a mixed set with HJK/Leaf Storm STAB combination, which looks to be deadly on-paper. I've made sure it's not so broken that it 2HKOs the entire meta and ran my calcs. It's still checked by a number of walls and offensive threat.
Looks great and balanced approved.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Mega Slowbro
Typing: Water/Psychic -----> Unchanged
Abilities: Oblivious/Own Tempo/Regenerator -----> Unaware
Stats: 95/75/110/100/80/30(490) ----->95/85/145/115/115/35(590)
New Moves: Refresh, Roar, Haze

Concept: Unaware makes perfect sense for Slowbro since its already so derpy. The stat spread gives Mega Slowbro a very solid 95/145/115 defensives, and coupled with Refresh and Roar, these buffs allow Slowbro to at least stop your opponents set up sweepers. Slowbro already has a very nice support move pool, with Scald, Thunderwave, Psych Up, Slack, Trick Room, Amnesia, and Calm Mind. Refresh allows Mega Slowbro to heal itself of status, and in conjunction with slack off, it can help keep Mega Slowbro healthy. Slowbro can even acts as your win condition, stealing your opponents boosts with Psych Up or using boost its weaker Special Defense with Calm Mind.

Im going to post what I have right now but, Submissions and Reservations are going to be on hold until I get caught up. Also I would like some more discussions on changes that can be made as I feel the thread is a bit too chaotic right now and is going way too fast that lots of unbalanced things are slipping through the cracks, sorry. I just feel we need to slow down I'll be making some proposals for ways I have to adjust this in my next update.

I'll begin by saying that this is a wonderful idea for a thread. Since there's nothing to work with, it'd be wise to make the Megas as per the flavor Dex entry, appearance etc., Also, I suggest that this thread have a Voting period where a suggested Mega is voted in/out, just like the OU Theorymon thread. Otherwise, there's no point in creating random mons for the lulz (Proof: Post #203). Also, creating a discussion/voting period will increase the duration of this thread.

Ninetales-Mega (Ninetalite)

Design Description: Resembling the color scheme of Ninetales' shiny form, Mega Ninetale's eyes become a ghostly blue. Blue-colored wisps hang at the end of each of its nine tails.

Fire -----> Fire/Ghost

Flash Fire/Drought -----> Imprecate (30% chance to activate 'Curse' upon contact)

73/76/75/81/100/100 (505) -----> 103/86/105/111/100/100 (605)

New Moves (Vulpix): Tail Glow, Shadow Ball, Blue Flare

Strategy

Ninetales has been and most probably will be my most favorite Pokémon of all time. I'm glad I could handle its Mega in this thread. Ninetales' duty time in OU was to win the weather war. Interestingly, a bulky set with Will-O-Wisp and Roar was also widely used. In that vein, here is Mega Ninetales.

The Ghost typing is justified by Ninetales' Ruby Dex entry: "Ninetales casts a sinister light from its bright red eyes..", as well as the fact that Vulpix learns some Ghost-type moves like Grudge and Hex, which are mostly learned by Ghost types. The new ability, "Imprecate" is to emulate its "Grabbing one of its many tails could result in a 1,000 year curse" phenomenon. The Mega gains the much-needed bulk, while also retaining the ability to sweep late game with Tail Glow.

But if you think it's broken just because of Tail Glow, think again. It gains no Speed and no way to boost its Speed. Scarfers like Tyranitar, Terrakion, Keldeo and naturally quicker mons like Greninja and Aerodactyl can take it out quite easily. On top of it, it's susceptible to Sucker Punch and still weak to Stealth Rock. A bulky set with investment in HP and Defense, with a SubCM moveset is also extremely viable.

Hitmonlee-Mega (Hitmonlite)

Design Description: Its body become more muscular and gains intricate, gold-colored designs all over. The rings on its hand and feet also become golden.

Fighting -----> Fighting

Limber/Reckless/Unburden -----> Swift Feet (Priority to Kicking Moves)

50/120/53/35/110/87 (455) -----> 50/150/53/70/110/122 (555)

New Moves: Freeze Kick (Ice-type Physical move, 85 Power, 90% accuracy, Increased Critical Hit Ratio, 10% chance to Freeze, Makes Contact), Volt Kick (Electric-type Physical move, 85 Power, 90% accuracy, Increased Critical Hit Ratio, 10% chance to Paralyze, Contact)

Strategy

Hitmonlee's Dex entries are swarmed with the fact that its feet are agile, hence the ability. Since Hitmonlee evolves from Tyrogue when its Defense is lower than its Attack, no addition has been made to its Defense or Special Defense. If someone makes an entry for Hitmonchan or Hitmontop, please keep this in mind. Try to buff Hitmonchan's Defense and Hitmontop's Defense and Special Defense, to keep up with the flavour.

The two new moves are obvious additions to make whole the 'Elemental Kicks', since there are already Elemental Punches. While this too might seem broken, please note that only High Jump Kick, Mega Kick, Freeze Kick and Volt Kick gain a priority. A High Jump Kick can be easily predicted and taken in by a Ghost type, letting Hitmonlee suffer crash damage. Aegislash can damage it even more with King's Shield. One more important thing to note is that, its Speed Tier sits at one stat below Talonflame's.

Girafarig-Mega (Girafarigite)

Design Description: Girafarig's "tail" grows monstrous teeth and grows in size and length, much like Mega Mawile's "heads". Its horns become large, pink and resemble the animation for the move Miracle Eye.

Normal/Psychic -----> Dark/Psychic

Inner Focus/Early Bird/Sap Sipper -----> Transcendence (EVs and Boosts or Drops to either Attack or Special Attack and Defense or Special Defense will count for both; EVs and Boosts do not stack; Burn affects both Attack and Special Attack)

70/80/65/90/65/85 (455) -----> 70/120/90/120/90/65 (555)

New Moves: Nerve Crunch (Dark-type Physical move, 85 Power, 100% accuracy, Does damage according to Special Defense, Makes Contact)

Mega Girafarig's Ability is a beauty. I'm quite proud of myself for coming up with it. Just one clarification: If you invest 252 EVs is Attack, it will also count as 252 EVs in Special Attack. However, if you invest 252 EVs in both Attack and Special Attack, it will still count as 252 EVs in either and not 504 EVs in either. The same goes to Boosts or Drops in Stats. For instance, if you Baton Pass a Work Up to Mega Girafarig, it will count as one Boost to Attack and Special Attack and not two boosts. However, if you Baton Pass a Nasty Plot, it will count as a Nasty Plot and a Swords Dance.

Calm Mind is at the crux of Mega Girafari's moveset, boosting its Attack, Special Attack, Defense and Special Defense all at once. Investment in HP is a waste since you could invest in Attack and Defense to gain EVs in Special Attack and Special Defense as well.

And like all things, it has its flaws. The primary one being 4x weak to Bug. Its Speed Stat isn't helping it either. Any Scizor worth its U-turn can shut it down (Or any quicker user of Bug Buzz). If it gets intimidated, it loses both Attack and Special Attack. Burn also affects both Attack and Special Attack. However, with proper support to take care of Bug Types and Will-O-Wispers, it can become a terrifying Sweeper. Two to three Calm Mind boost and almost nothing will stop it. A SubCM set can maximize its potential, while also avoiding Intimidate and Burn.
Girafarig was already done sorry!

Hitmonlee: No megas get new moves Hitmonlee doesn't need priority as well I like the stat spread but everything else needs to be retooled

Ninetales: Loooks good approved.

Mega Kingler(1)
Type: Water>>> Water/Steel
Ability: Hyper Cutter/Shell Armor/Sheer Force >>> Regenerator
Stats: 55/130/115/50/50/75(475) >>> 55/130/130/50/130/60

Mega Kingler(2)
Type: Water
Ability: Hyper Cutter/Shell Armor/Sheer Force >>> Oblivious
Stats: 55/130/115/50/50/75(475) >>> 55/150/50/150/50/120(585)

Moves: Any decent attack move that makes sense.

Reasoning: So I had two ideas of what I should do with kingler while looking at his move set. The first one was my original idea and I do prefer that one because it has a slightly more balanced spread and really can take advantage of his massive boosting pool. However I thought this might not work out that well as a tank because shitty HP. And I made sure that he is outsped by mega Octillery so the two make nice checks to each other with exact opposite stats.
Now I was looking at its bases though and thought it might work better as an HO mon. So I made the second set. The problem though is that he lacks a lot of good moves to actually deal damage.

So it's up to you which one you wanna go with.
I like the first one too, approved.

If Raichu hasn't already been taken, I would like to reserve that.
I had Raichu a few pages back (I didn't see anyone else call it), but he doesn't seem like he wants us to submit anything now. I'll be fine to give it up to you (since your username is what it is), but I still want to tell my ideas to someone since I really like the new stuff with it.

EV

Banned deucer.
1) I'm pretty sure Megas add stats in increments of 10 only (Edit: MOST, looked it up, some don't: Venusaur, Blastoise, and Lucario)
2) Pokemon with 30 Speed don't all of the sudden need 130+ Speed
3) Same for any stat really

Mega Durant

Concept

_______________________________ (+50)(+20) (+10)(+20)
Stats: 58/109/112/48/48/109 -----> 58/169/132/48/68/129

Explanation

Playing with Mega-Durant

Mega-Durant
Durant @ Durantite
- Flare Blitz
- X-Scissor/Iron Head
- Hone Claws/Will-o-Wisp

Some calcs:

After Hone Claws
After Flash Fire
Defensively
You accidentally have it too much stats. You gave it 60 Atk, 20 Def, 20 SpD and 20 Spe. That's +120 instead of +100. I assume you meant 50 Atk and 10 SpD.

Sorry if my last post seemed a bit angry I love the recepetion this has recieved so far but I just want us to slow down especially because I've been having a stress attack since I woke up this morning

Some Proposals for changes to slow down the thread and add a more thorough approval process

Feel free to comment about what you think about all of these proposals, propose your own or argue that there should be no change this is the community's pet mod so I don't want to change anything without a consensus.

1. 10-20 submissions at a time with a short discussion period of each with would lead to more through analysis

2. Strengthening of Submssion rules (i.e. Banning of OP/New Abilities, very strict new moves and retypings and more conservative stat spreads

3. An approval staff of trusted inviduals (instead of just me)

These are some ideas I have for slow this thread down while still making it active and fun to participate in personally I'd be for proposal 1 or 3 but 2 has been talked about a lot and while I dislike having to be more strict I can see where they are coming from.

Sorry if my last post seemed a bit angry I love the recepetion this has recieved so far but I just want us to slow down especially because I've been having a stress attack since I woke up this morning

Some Proposals for changes to slow down the thread and add a more thorough approval process

Feel free to comment about what you think about all of these proposals, propose your own or argue that there should be no change this is the community's pet mod so I don't want to change anything without a consensus.

1. 10-20 submissions at a time with a short discussion period of each with would lead to more through analysis

2. Strengthening of Submssion rules (i.e. Banning of OP/New Abilities, very strict new moves and retypings and more conservative stat spreads

3. An approval staff of trusted inviduals (instead of just me)

These are some ideas I have for slow this thread down while still making it active and fun to participate in personally I'd be for proposal 1 or 3 but 2 has been talked about a lot and while I dislike having to be more strict I can see where they are coming from.
How will the staff be chosen? Vote or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)