Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do i battle a friend? it must be very simple to do as i can not see anything about it.
There's various ways you can do this: Find their name, click on it and click "Battle", type /user [username of the person you want to battle] and it will prompt you, or type in the chat /challenge [username of the person you want to challenge].

Bean

༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh, perfect then. Thank you all, I'm looking forward to this community. (:
Just a heads up, when you use /nick newname, this creates a new account and you will have to wait another week (and win a rated battle) to be able to talk during autoconfimed chat. You can go back to any names you have used in the past by doing /nick youroldname and entering the password when the message pops up. Welcome to the community :)

Nickos

Quack
is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
Just a heads up, when you use /nick newname, this creates a new account and you will have to wait another week (and win a rated battle) to be able to talk during autoconfimed chat. You can go back to any names you have used in the past by doing /nick youroldname and entering the password when the message pops up. Welcome to the community :)
Yeah, when i connected to Showdown to see if he was ok,this is what he was asking me...

okay so I build a little cup team and then it says that my bronzor can't learn heavy slam why does it say that?!? In x and y I could get a bronzong that knows it and breed so why does it say that bronzor can't get heavy slam? it can learn it in both black and white and x and y so why does it say that it can't please change it as soon as possible it would be nice.

Psywaves

Procrastinating Pedantic Perfectionist™
is a Contributor Alumnus
okay so I build a little cup team and then it says that my bronzor can't learn heavy slam why does it say that?!? In x and y I could get a bronzong that knows it and breed so why does it say that bronzor can't get heavy slam? it can learn it in both black and white and x and y so why does it say that it can't please change it as soon as possible it would be nice.
Bronzor can only learn Heavy Slam via level-up at Level 49, hence why it cannot use it in LC, where it has to be level 5.

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yeah skyblade57, normally Pokemon can inherit level-up moves if both parents know the move, but considering Bronzor and Bronzong can only breed with Ditto there's no way to get Heavy Slam on a level 5 Bronzor.

Are Triple Battles and Rotation Battles plausible implementations in the near (or even far) future? Is there a ballpark timeframe in which they would be available if this is the case? I know there are more important things than this but I'm genuinely interested in being able to play these types of battles competitively.

For pokemon like Gastrodon, Furfrou and Sawsbuck who have multiple forms outside of gender (sometimes it's their primary gimmick), could there be something next to shiny to choose which form it is? I can understand not making this for stupidly diverse pokemon like Unown or Spinda but working in more customization to how a team looks would be fun.

Also, I haven't checked to see how accurate the gender differences are and would like to know how many minor things (like male Steelix having another tooth) are included.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Are Triple Battles and Rotation Battles plausible implementations in the near (or even far) future? Is there a ballpark timeframe in which they would be available if this is the case? I know there are more important things than this but I'm genuinely interested in being able to play these types of battles competitively.
Joim was working on Triples but has gone AWOL. Rotation is apparently next to impossible to implement on PS without a major client overhaul...

I am making a showdown server, can someone help with making a bot account that can stay online from my ip, my server gets deleted when i get disconnected!

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
I am making a showdown server, can someone help with making a bot account that can stay online from my ip, my server gets deleted when i get disconnected!
This isn't becuase you get disconnected, its because you and your server are on the same network, so ofc your server goes down when you do. a bot wont help

Where do I report a Pokemon Showdown user?
It'd probably be better for you to use /ignore username on the person instead of reporting them since its probably a waste of staff time, however if the user is a known troll or is annoying multiple people feel free to report them to a driver (%) or above with a screenshot of the offence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)