Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse the double post.

Yes there is. Fur Coat halves damage taken from all physical attacks which is perfectly equivalent to doubling Defense. It even halves damage from Psyshock and Secret Sword. If it were like Filter or something I would see your point, but Fur Coat draws a parallel to Huge Power that way.
I had to draw attention to your mistake.

EV

Banned deucer.
Mega Wigglytuff
Type: Fairy
Ability: Sheer Force
Moves: Moonblast
Stats: 140/70/85/145/60/35 (535)

With 145 SpA and Sheer Force, Wigglytuff can destroy most offensive pokemon. I decided to make Wigglytuff offensive to distinguish it from the other suggestions.
Most people have gone pure-defense, so this is a nice consideration of the alternative. Though that 35 Speed really hinders making it a big threat, adding to bulk can soften incoming hits before it blasts off with an attack. Too bad it doesn't get good STAB moves to go with Sheer Force.

Most people have gone pure-defense, so this is a nice consideration of the alternative. Though that 35 Speed really hinders making it a big threat, adding to bulk can soften incoming hits before it blasts off with an attack. Too bad it doesn't get good STAB moves to go with Sheer Force.
It's pure fairy and has moonblast as an added move.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Excuse the double post.

Yes there is. Fur Coat halves damage taken from all physical attacks which is perfectly equivalent to doubling Defense. If it were like Filter or something I would see your point, but Fur Coat draws a parallel to Huge Power that way.
It's not equivalent to doubling defense
image.jpg

image.jpg

You accidentally have it too much stats. You gave it 60 Atk, 20 Def, 20 SpD and 20 Spe. That's +120 instead of +100. I assume you meant 50 Atk and 10 SpD.
Thanks for catching that, have altered the Attack to +60 and removed the SpDef boost since it needs the attack to compete with Hustle damage in Mega form and it's not surviving powerful special attacks even if they're neutral.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
I personally want that part to be removed. If we can't decrease offenses (which everyone seems to agree on), we shouldn't be removing defenses either. It makes things a lot easier to understand and keep organised.

And sorry if it's becoming annoying, but when does that vote start?
Thing is though, Mega Mewtwo Y loses defense so its in the game and there are some submissions that need to drop a stat other than speed to be balanced. That and people dont usually decrease defense, its meant to be a last resort

Thing is though, Mega Mewtwo Y loses defense so its in the game and there are some submissions that need to drop a stat other than speed to be balanced. That and people dont usually decrease defense, its meant to be a last resort
Mewtwo as a 670 BST Legendary does not set a precedent for Megas. Especially when the other 30 Megas don't do so.

I mean sure we can allow it, maybe make the limit -10 for each defense? But there isn't too much of a precedent for it at all.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Mewtwo as a 670 BST Legendary does not set a precedent for Megas. Especially when the other 30 Megas don't do so.

I mean sure we can allow it, maybe make the limit -10 for each defense? But there isn't too much of a precedent for it at all.
Its only defense not special defense, but make it -20 defense and I will agree with you.

It's correct, here's the damage formula

Fur Coat halves everything while doubling defenses doesn't halve the +2, so it should be slightly different
I noticed in the calcs that the minimum damage is the same, so in terms of guaranteed KOs or 2HKOs, it doesn't seem make any difference.

Its only defense not special defense, but make it -20 defense and I will agree with you.
Well, that'd be a bit odd if you could only reduce Defense and not Special Defense. Let's agree to make it -20 for either defense and make the limit for subtracting stats 30. i.e. -10 Def -10 SpD -10 Spe is okay, -10 Def -30 Spe is not. This is to prevent taking out of all three stats and pumping into offenses, then giving whatever it is priority. Because if we don't limit it, that will happen sooner or later.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
I noticed in the calcs that the minimum damage is the same, so in terms of guaranteed KOs or 2HKOs, it doesn't seem make any difference.

Well, that'd be a bit odd if you could only reduce Defense and not Special Defense. Let's agree to make it -20 for either defense and make the limit for subtracting stats 30. i.e. -10 Def -10 SpD -10 Spe is okay, -10 Def -30 Spe is not. This is to prevent taking out of all three stats and pumping into offenses, then giving whatever it is priority. Because if we don't limit it, that will happen sooner or later.
Good enough, I can agree on that. And yes that is bound to happen soon

Victreebel
Type: Grass/Poison
Ability: Chlorophyll/Gluttony → Arena Trap
Stats: 80/105/65/100/70/70 → 80/120/85/140/90/75

Victreebel is based on a pitcher plant, a sort of plant that lures bugs onto it, who then slip into its cavernous body and are dissolved by an acid in it. As such, I decided to give Victreebel the Ability Arena Trap (disclaimer: the Japanese name of Arena Trap translates "antlion." However, Diglett and Dugtrio certainly aren't antlions, and since the "pitcher" part of "pitcher plants" works similarly to an antlion's trap, I think this is okay). This, along with the buffs to Attack and Special Attack, allows Victreebel to function as a dangerous revenge killer. While it may be unable to boost its mediocre Speed with a Choice Scarf, it can use Sucker Punch to pick off quicker attackers. It also gets Giga Drain to recover HP when necessary. 80/85/90 defenses are decent, roughly equivalent to Eelektross, meaning it won't die to every little attack. I don't feel this is overpowered since Arena Trap fails to snare Pokémon who are Flying, Ghost, or have Levitate (and there are a lot of those). Additionally, it has a lot to fear from Flying and Ice priority, as well as any attacker who can outspeed it and kill it (or simply survive Sucker Punch).

Kabutops
Type: Rock/Water
Ability: Swift Swim/Battle Armor/Weak Armor → Moxie
Stats: 60/115/105/65/70/80 → 60/150/120/80/90/105

Kabutops is a monster in the rain, but it suffers outside of it from mediocre speed and common weaknesses. As Mega Kabutops, it would function somewhat similarly to Mega Pinsir, having tremendous Attack and Defense and decent Speed. Moxie gives it a bit of an edge, though; as soon as it KOs something, it becomes an even greater threat. It also doesn't have to worry about Talonflame spoiling its fun, either. Normal Kabutops would still have a niche, as the doubled Speed in Rain is an invaluable asset. Potentially one could Mega Evolve once rain has been set up, allowing Mega Kabutops to use the doubled Speed for one more turn.

Drifblim
Type: Ghost/Flying
Ability: Aftermath/Unburden/Flare Boost → Flash Fire
Stats: 150/80/44/90/54/80 → 150/95/64/105/104/80
Moves: Flame Charge, Overheat, Heat Wave

Maybe I'm the only person who's thought this, but I've found it strange that Drifblim, being based on a hot air balloon and all, doesn't get any Fire attacks outside of Will-o-wisp (and that hardly counts). While Mega Drifblim is still Ghost/Flying, it gains Flash Fire, the first non-Fire Pokémon to get it (also making it the only Pokémon with four immunities). It's not much of a game changer, but with buffed Special Defense and its new Fire immunity, Mega Drifblim gains a lot more opportunities to switch in. Drifblim has always been known as a good user of Baton Pass, and its Mega Form helps it there. It can use Flame Charge to boost its Speed before passing that boost (as well as massive Substitutes, Stockpile boosts, or Calm Minds) onto one of its teammates. Its slightly increased Attack and Special Attack also allow it to hit harder when it needs to.

--------------------------

If anyone has any suggestions for these, I'm up to hear them. I had a lot of different Ability ideas for Mega Kabutops, including Tough Claws, Hyper Cutter, Sheer Force, Swift Swim, Sniper, and Adaptability. If it got Sniper I'd give it Razor Shell and possibly Cross Chop. I think Adaptability would be too strong, even though it fits right in with its Pokédex entries. Mega Drifblim was also a disappointment. Originally I had it with 115 Speed and Flare Boost, but even with max Special Attack (base 105) it was really weak, defeating its purpose. I'd have to increase its Special Attack more if I wanted to make Flare Boost work. I also thought about Infiltrator; it fits Drifblim's flavor really well and would give it something to do with its massive support movepool.
Holy crap are you joking right now?

We're not reserving or posting new Megas. We're submitting ideas for Raticate, Wigglytuff, Nidoking, and Clefable. Only those ones.

Keep these ideas, but don't post them yet.

I apologize; I misunderstood what the current deal was. I thought it only meant "no new reservations." My bad for not reading the rules properly.

Also I was looking around the Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10_nHoorMSdpfHhyTbvP71ZXhx9NEtkIL5i24HkisHIM/edit

I found a mistake with Mega Tentacruel. Is stats are listed as:
80 / 70 / 65 / 80 / 120 / 100 ===> 80 / 70 / 95 / 105 / 140 / 100
It gains 30 Def, 25 SpA, and 20 SpD. That's 25 points missing/unused. I'd say put them into SpA (15) and SpD (10)

Mega Pangoro is listed as:
95 / 124 / 78 / 69 / 71 / 58 ---> 95 / 125 / 108 / 69 / 110 / 78
It gains 1 Atk (lol), 30 Def, 39 SpD, and 20 Spe. That's 10 unused stats. Also, you don't have to be OCD about stats. Increments of +/- 5.

As well as Mega Machamp. Its stats are listed as:
90 / 130 / 80 / 65 / 85 / 55 (505) ----> 90 / 140 / 110 / 115 / 105 / 45 (605)
It gains 10 Atk, 30 Def, 50 SpA, and 20 SpD. That's 10 points too many. I'd say remove some SpA or SpD.

Mega Furret:
85 HP/76 Atk/64 Def/45 SpA/55 SpD/90 Spe --> 85 HP/106 Atk/45 Def/45 SpA/55 SpD/160 Spe
30 Atk, -19 Def, 50 Spe. That's 49 unused, whoa.

Oh and Mega Zygarde:
108 / 100 / 121 / 81 / 95 / 95 ===> 108 / 135 / 141 / 81 / 100 / 65
It gains 35 Atk, 20 Def, 5 SpD. That's 40 missing points. And Zygarde really needs it. I'd say put another 15 in Atk, 25 in SpD.

As well as Mega Beedrill
Stats: 65/90/45/40/80/75(395) >>> 65/140/40/55/40/155(495)ZZ
50 Atk, -5 Def, +15 SpA, -40 SpD, +80 Spe. That does total to 100 but it's very excessive in some parts.

Not to anyone in particular but make sure you get the math right when making your Megas, thx

Last edited:
I apologize; I misunderstood what the current deal was. I thought it only meant "no new reservations." My bad for not reading the rules properly.
Yeah it was established a few pages back that we are focusing on a specific batch of Mega evolutions at one time. Currently it's Raticate, Wigglytuff, Nidoking, and Clefable. Those are great ideas, however.

Also I was looking around the Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10_nHoorMSdpfHhyTbvP71ZXhx9NEtkIL5i24HkisHIM/edit

I found a mistake with Mega Tentacruel. Is stats are listed as:
80 / 70 / 65 / 80 / 120 / 100 ===> 80 / 70 / 95 / 105 / 140 / 100
It gains 30 Def, 25 SpA, and 20 SpD. That's 25 points missing/unused.

As well as Mega Machamp. Its stats are listed as:
90 / 130 / 80 / 65 / 85 / 55 (505) ----> 90 / 140 / 110 / 115 / 105 / 45 (605)
It gains 10 Atk, 30 Def, 50 SpA, and 20 SpD. That's 10 points too many.

That's all I've found now. Not to anyone in particular but make sure you get the math right when making your Megas, thx
Megakazam only gains +90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)