CAP 18 CAP 18 - Final Product

Happy to have participated in another CAP! Happy that we got a cool looking pokemon with such great discussion behind it! This was just awesome overall. Great job, guys, and great job to the TL and TLT.

well i mostly lurked but i voted and made a few suggestions. It was so cool seeing how the process played out. Great job everyone!

Although I didn't only contributed a little here and there, it was really fun in the process, especially when I was writing up the story on the movepools suggestion, which probably broke the record for the longest post I ever wrote. Really pleased with the result in the end nonetheless. Good job guys!

My first CAP as well! I am so glad I was able to have this experience with everyone here, and especially with our great leadership! This community made a lit of choices that I wouldn't have, resulting in a completly different result, but that's great! It just shows hiw much not only I, but everyone else learned from this. I can't wait to try out our core and see how it fares! Thank you all for the great memories and lessons!

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
One thing i want to say: great job by DLC, and i mean really fucking great man, kudos! The constant cooperation with the TLT so that you are on the same page with them and don't need to veto anything, as well as avoid any possible misunderstanding with them, was a really nice move from your part. The TLT was also great in general, and their slates and how they handled everything was done very solidly, there are very little things i would change in their place.

Oh and of course, i can't wait for the playtest!

Twas fun. This was not my first CAP, and will probably not be the last. I really need to stop trying with the art though. Now, I'm actually in a position of greater competitive knowledge instead, hitting fourth place on the Inverse battle ladder at recently (although I have since fallen). I can't wait to take the finished product out for a spin. We did a bang-up job. And with luck, the next will be even better.

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
I'm afraid Volkraken's usage in the CAP metagame will drop like a rock once Volcanion is released.
Then again this CAP's purpose is to test if two so-so OU pokemon can become real threats with the right team mate, so what matters is that it can fulfill its purpose.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
I'm afraid Volkraken's usage in the CAP metagame will drop like a rock once Volcanion is released.
Then again this CAP's purpose is to test if two so-so OU pokemon can become real threats with the right team mate, so what matters is that it can fulfill its purpose.
Volcanion is not nearly as powerful as Volkraken so no, that wont happen

First CAP I participated in, and I can say with confidence that it was a blast. Volkraken looks like a lot of fun and I can't wait to use him.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This was my first CAP ever and I loved doing it. I will surely be back next time to do more.

Thank you to all on the TLT who made this possible, and to DetroitLolcat, our beloved topic leader who made all of this possible.

I'm ready for the playtest. Can't wait for it to start!!

EDIT: I hope this ends up with Tomohawk as the only other S-Ranker in CAP

We probably could of used a second concept assessment as the first was only used to decide the core (and it felt like we were just blindly feeling around through the first few stages), but in the end everything worked out fine. Great Job!

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Unforeseen bus-missing circumstances have arisen and something has recently come up. I will not be able to get back on Smogon/Showdown until about 1 AM EST. If ginganinja is available to fight in the inaugural battle I will be able to fight. Otherwise this might have to be delayed until Saturday night. I apologize for the delay.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can try an hour after that (or further), or an hour before, but 1 AM EST is slap bang when I'm eating dinner with a few friends within my timezone.

Like half the other posters, this is the first CAP I ever participated in. I wanted to be more active throughout, but school and other Internet obligations got me. This was nonetheless a fun ride, and I am excited for more fun in the future!

This is the very first CAP that I ever looked at or participated in. While I would have been glad to help make a Kyu-B clone, this turned out far differently than I could have imagined. The amount of creativity I saw go into this makes me feel delighted.

Kinda funny how the TR on Conk sort of worked against him, letting Volkraken get the Analytic boost. Still, great battle and its really cool to finally see Volkraken up on the sim after weeks (or months?) of work. Great job everyone!

Edit: Also quick question is Volkraken up on the sim for all of us to use? Or do we have to wait?

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Kinda funny how the TR on Conk sort of worked against him, letting Volkraken get the Analytic boost. Still, great battle and its really cool to finally see Volkraken up on the sim after weeks (or months?) of work. Great job everyone!

Edit: Also quick question is Volkraken up on the sim for all of us to use? Or do we have to wait?
It has to be on the sim for DLC and ginganinja to be able to battle so yeah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)