Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next batch will start after this voting period is over but since we're going in order you can look on the chart at the front to find the next 4 we're doings so you can plan ahead if you want.
;-;
But there's like 205 fully evolved pokes discounting those that are done/reserved, so that would take around 3-4 months to finish at this rate (24 hrs for submission for 4 megas, another 24 hrs for voting)

btw, we'll have to wait until after the voting to start posting submissions for the next batch (Vileplume, Venomoth, Persian, Golduck), right?

what happened to voting, nobody's doing it

Nidoking:
Bummer (he's got a really good point about Sheer Force, so unfortunately I can't vote for those)

Wigglytuff:
Rosenfeldius is the shieeeeeeeeeeet

Raticate:
Mega Mantine
Agonist

Clefable:
Acestriker19
Randa

Zero: Well, that's what happens when you have to add 200 balanced Megas while everybody has a field day submitting them.

what happened to voting, nobody's doing it

Nidoking:
Bummer (he's got a really good point about Sheer Force, so unfortunately I can't vote for those)

Wigglytuff:
Rosenfeldius is the shieeeeeeeeeeet

Raticate:
Mega Mantine
Agonist

Clefable:
Acestriker19
Randa

Zero: Well, that's what happens when you have to add 200 balanced Megas while everybody has a field day submitting them.
We're sending it via PMs, like all the cool kids are doing.

;-;
But there's like 205 fully evolved pokes discounting those that are done/reserved, so that would take around 3-4 months to finish at this rate (24 hrs for submission for 4 megas, another 24 hrs for voting)

btw, we'll have to wait until after the voting to start posting submissions for the next batch (Vileplume, Venomoth, Persian, Golduck), right?
Honestly a project creating over 300 new Pokemon while trying to keep them all balanced should've been a long-term project in the first place, it just got an unexpected surge in popularity that made it move far faster than it was intended to. Creating 80+ Pokemon a day seems rather... hectic to say the least. Slowing the pace down, even if it causes the project to take longer, will help create a more balanced project rather than a hodgepodge of quickly-churned out, sometimes broken Megas.

EDIT: While starting new submissions during voting would save time, it would make it far more hectic for the people actually counting votes, since he or she would have to comb through, sort, and organize dozens of votes daily (each person submits 8 votes, remember? So even a mere 20 voters would give counters 160 votes to organize).

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
For the sake of future rounds, we should try to avoid grouping mons with similar functions. Wigglytuff and Clefable are two fairies that are both used as clerics/wish passers, so depending on the vote outcome, we might end up with two similar Megas where one just so happen to outclass the other. If either of them had been handled individually, the other could have been pitched other builds so that they don't neccessarily compete for the same niche. Just food for thought.

Also, are there any plans on implementing this on PS? Not that I can give any promises of actually playing it, but I AM curious if all teams will still abide by the one mega per team restriction. Since we're currently aiming to give all final stages their own mega, it'd seem like an awful waste to only enable one teamslot for the numerous megas available.

also I really need to be quicker to pitch ideas next round seriously just ONE Strong Jaw Raticate submission? smh

It will take extreme dedication from the artists and coders to implement this on PS. Granted, this is a cool idea. Maybe we can include 4-5 Pokemon for a week or so in the ladder and switch them for another 4-5 Pokemon the next week and so on. Then again, I don't think an incomplete idea will be coded into the main server.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Voted. Great mega ideas Mega Mantine :]

Looking forward to more of these. What happens to the megas that people previously posted on this thread, before the voting/discussing periods started? (aka the pokemon that were reserved)

For the sake of future rounds, we should try to avoid grouping mons with similar functions. Wigglytuff and Clefable are two fairies that are both used as clerics/wish passers, so depending on the vote outcome, we might end up with two similar Megas where one just so happen to outclass the other. If either of them had been handled individually, the other could have been pitched other builds so that they don't neccessarily compete for the same niche. Just food for thought.

Also, are there any plans on implementing this on PS? Not that I can give any promises of actually playing it, but I AM curious if all teams will still abide by the one mega per team restriction. Since we're currently aiming to give all final stages their own mega, it'd seem like an awful waste to only enable one teamslot for the numerous megas available.

also I really need to be quicker to pitch ideas next round seriously just ONE Strong Jaw Raticate submission? smh
Still one mega per team.

I voted, good job to everyone to made these nominations, most of them are phenomenal ideas! :D I especially like the-bumper-car's Nidoking suggestion, I laughed harder than I should have. XD

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I personally want that part to be removed. If we can't decrease offenses (which everyone seems to agree on), we shouldn't be removing defenses either. It makes things a lot easier to understand and keep organised.

And sorry if it's becoming annoying, but when does that vote start?
This is because one of the existing megas has a reduced defensive stat (can't remember which one, but there is one)

Right. Ok: time to try a Mega Nidoking

Mega Stone: Nidokingilite
Nidoking --> Mega Nidoking
Typing: Poison/Ground --> Poison/Ground
Ability: Rivalry/Poison Point/Sheer Force --> Royal Horn (Iron Barbs/Rough Skin which exchanges a 100% "hurt by ability" rate for a 50% "hurt by ability" rate and a 30% bad poison rate)
Stats: 81 HP/ 102 Atk/77 Def/85 SpA/75 SpD/85 Spe --> 81 HP / 132 Atk / 124 Def / 132 SpA / 75 SpD / 55 Spe
New Moves: King's Shield (because its a king), Gunk Shot, Belch (in the olden days, kings ate a lot)

Consept: The idea of this was to turn Nidoking into, well, a king. Its ability, Royal Horn, is a variant of Rough Skin, but I have hinted to Nidoking's poison typing by reducing the damage rate to 50% in exchange for a 30% chance of bad poison (the type Toxic inflicts). This is a powerful ability for Nidoking, as it means that opponents will have to think twice before attacking you. I have buffed Nidoking's offensive stats and physical bulk as kings in the old days would've taken pride in being fat. This is further augmented by its lowered speed stat. The moves are explained above, but I will explain them again. King's Shield makes sense because Nidoking is a king, Gunk Shot (not explained) is there as a powerful physical Poison-type STAB move, and Belch is because kings ate a lot in the old days, and belching (burping) was respectful in the old days also as it showed that you enjoyed your meal. I have kept the typing the same because I can't think of a better type for Nidoking.

This is because one of the existing megas has a reduced defensive stat (can't remember which one, but there is one)

Ability: Rivalry/Poison Point/Sheer Force --> Royal Horn (Iron Barbs/Rough Skin which exchanges a 100% "hurt by ability" rate for a 50% "hurt by ability" rate and a 30% bad poison rate)
Stats: 81 HP/ 102 Atk/77 Def/85 SpA/75 SpD/85 Spe --> 81 HP / 132 Atk / 124 Def / 132 SpA / 75 SpD / 55 Spe
New Moves: King's Shield (because its a king), Gunk Shot, Belch (in the olden days, kings ate a lot)

Consept: The idea of this was to turn Nidoking into, well, a king. Its ability, Royal Horn, is a variant of Rough Skin, but I have hinted to Nidoking's poison typing by reducing the damage rate to 50% in exchange for a 30% chance of bad poison (the type Toxic inflicts). This is a powerful ability for Nidoking, as it means that opponents will have to think twice before attacking you. I have buffed Nidoking's offensive stats and physical bulk as kings in the old days would've taken pride in being fat. This is further augmented by its lowered speed stat. The moves are explained above, but I will explain them again. King's Shield makes sense because Nidoking is a king, Gunk Shot (not explained) is there as a powerful physical Poison-type STAB move, and Belch is because kings ate a lot in the old days, and belching (burping) was respectful in the old days also as it showed that you enjoyed your meal. I have kept the typing the same because I can't think of a better type for Nidoking.
Royal Horn is what I call my penis.

Minor nitpick: I thought Belch only worked after consuming a berry? Would that not be impossible if it's already using its Mega Stone?

There's still two Mega Galvantulas and two Mega Feraligatr s in the Google Doc... :(
Well the Feraligatrs are nearly the same so we can merge them easily enough. I'm in favour of the second one: 85/105/100/79/83/78 BST 530 ---> 85/150/110/84/103/98 BST 630 with Thunder Fang and Poison Fang but not Fire Fang

The Galvantulas however are both the exact same. So that's a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)