NOC Great Idea Mafia-Game Over! Mafia, vonFiedler, and More Cowbell win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So at least I cAn take solace that I was right about everything at the end but my fellow villagers wouldn't listen. Oh well, gg guys, it's not like I played too great otherwise

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You got to be fucking with me, the last neutral was a LYNCHER THAT WAS ON A VILLAGER???? This is bullshit in the way that this game should have been at MYLO at the fucking Ullar lynch already!

Also:

"LightWolf: I'm the smartest and wisest person in this whole game, everything I do works and everthing I do makes perfect sense! My way of playing is wastly superior to anyone else's and it is my duty to have everyone do exactly as I do. My thoughts and reasonings are always rational and correct and I will not rest, UNTIL EVERYONE HAS EXACTLY THE SAME OPINIONS AS ME!!!
~LightWolf has been killed
Celever: You see! My way does work better!"

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Also Jesus guys, lets see where do I start:

spiresquire actually bothered to point out today, that Celever's claim was invalidated by the fact that the host told us that on MYLO we'd 100% lose if we lynch a villager so we couldn't have had a Vengeful Townie, but like no one listened to him, heck you guys lynched him for not making sense with that.

And no one fucking noticed, that cxinlee literally posted this: "I can assure you, Mo" in response to a post questioning MC's alignment, AND NO ONE BOTHERED TO QUESTION HIM WHAT HE TRIED TO SAY OR JUST REALISE THE OBVIOUS THAT HE WAS GONNA SAY HE CAN GUARANTEE MC ISN'T BAD? Like really how blind are you people.

At least von's actions make sense now, I suspected he could be Lyncher, but I threw that aside mostly because I assumed we couldn't have a lyncher at this point since that'd screw up the numbers, turns out I was right, these numbers were stupid MYLOs and LYLOs were called horribly the whole game...

And yeah Celever, game is blind and no one even considered BOTHERING to reread my posts from my last day alive where I point out starwarsfan and Celever have been playing the same tune since MYLO. Oh and all my legit arguments since the game began.

good game all! was fun to watch
Of course you would like it, the despair in this game was delicious!

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Von's role is a huge wrench in the LYLO system because he technically only votes with the village until they get squire lynched and then is gone. Or if he is lynched it becomes 3-3 after the mafia kill and the village loses but he was not mafia, but also he was antagonistic to the village.

The remaining villagers except tesung should be ashamed of themselves. You three played horribly refusing to listen to tesung and his sound logic.

The mafia also played horribly. You ALL were ridiculously obvious to EVERYONE watching the game. Celever you played like utter piss and if I was in this game, or anyone else with a brain to support LightWolf the only intelligent villager besides tesung, you would have been lynched days ago. Walrein and his sub were also poorly played and very obvious. Surprised it took swf so long to be lynched too.

None of the factions deserved to win. Von got a free win ONLY because the village was too retarded to follow through on actual clear scum and squire is a noob player who could not defend himself at all. His actions were SO scummy it was clear he was retardtown but only tesung had brains.

Shaking. My. Head.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I thought More Cowbell, Celever, and starwarsfan were mafia when I subbed in. Never payed much thought to cxinlee. I really just subbed in so I could help end the game, and I did so a day sooner than I thought I would.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
@vonFielder, watching you play with the role that was formerly mine and winning the game taught me A LOT about playing the game in an acually effective way. So thanks for that. Now I'm looking forward to you're big, and good luck to eveyone partisipating!

shinyskarmory, thanks for just being a great host for the first mafia game I played here on smogon. I'll never forget this game, and how I was inactive, and how everyne yelled at me for being inactive... ah memories.

EVERYONE ELSE gg. seriously. this was an interesting game with GIANT posts throughout. I'm honored to have been you're fellow player (even though I did nothing) And I assure you I will be more active in the next game

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
I mostly just took advantage of being an objective outsider, I wouldn't copy any of my actions if I were playing the same role from the start (or much earlier anyway).

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
jk, I'm much better as a townie than I am as a scum.

I will say though that my inactivity was legitimate, it just happened to also be beneficial since I could fly under the radar a bit.

Shout out to Felony and Ullar for giving me material to work with for those megaposts - it actually was good scumhunting practice, I just happened to be hunting for scummy villagers.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
lol I didn't think the game was that bad for the number of new players and inactivity? ps spiresquire there were no hider clears I never used it @.@ thought it was too risky when we were in lylo to utilize, and that came really quickly. Maybe I'm not used to small NOCs but we mislynched 2 times that's doing well in the games I'm more accustomed too. I stand by what decisions I made, I felt they were the best choices I could come up with, maybe not the best possible decisions but I've never been the best player. GG all had fun ^_^

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
GG all!

Shinyskarm willl you postgame this?

So the first time being mafia in NOC was quite strange for me, but I guess that no one really payed much attention to the game besides spiresquire... That's what it felt like to me, anyway. The experienced player, who was completely ignored all game, could literally look at my posts and see that I wass cum day 3. And then apparently all of the onlookers could see that I was scum too. But in-game several newer players thought I was definitely town for whatever reason -- I agree with you guys, I played badly in this.

Some of the things which the town missed was also stupid on the last day. Cxinlee's post was a huge buddy, yet no one pointed it out, and obviously I wasn't going to. Also we had a weird scumchat rule - we could use it at night and the first 24 hours of the day, although after Walrein subbed out we barely ever used it.

Shout-out to LigtWolf for seeing through me almost immediately, and to Ace Emerald for buddying with me this whole game for whatever reason. Whenthe whole fiasco with Tesung not revealing you role happened, I know that you were hider. It was the only role which made sense to me. I actually thought that he had used it on me and shinyskarm screwed it up and made him live.... Lol.

Anyway, once again, GG all!

lol I was paying attention? Nah I fucked up bad. :/

And I was wondering if MC was maf after he kinda flipped on me for little reason at the last minute, but I was worried if I said something people would accuse me of bussing. :(

Yeti is just being mean, playing NOC for the first time can be pretty weird. Hell, I still find it weird, but I like it. Overall, not a bad game at all!

There was a huge amount of neutrals, which I was happy to be a part of. I had to decide on my Lover on Night 1; I went for Walrein because he looked like a middle-of-the-road player on Day 1, and the fact that he wasn't super active meant that he probably wouldn't be nametargetted either. The fact that he turned out to be mafia, which I kind of had a hunch off, was even better, because that pretty much protected me from nightkills as well. How cxinlee managed to get away with his inactivity and short posts, I don't know, I would have been far more adamant on lynching him than you guys where, but hey, I don't mind. I tried to just help the village out without pointing attention to Walrein/cxinlee, to protect both of us from lynches, and that worked out quite well.

I was pretty convinced on starwarsfan being mafia from Day 3 onwards, and Celever became a ton more suspicious for me on Day 4. Before that my money was on Tesung as mafia, and I kinda suspected spiresquire too, for a while.

Yeti

dark saturday
Walrein is absolutely not a middle-of-the-road player in a game like this. Ace Emerald is a middle-of-the-road player who will not be nametargetted. Walrein does not slip under any radars in NOCs unless he just does not post. If the starting playerlist was better he might be a good target but I think he is very obvious regardless in NOCs.

I don't think this is the first time all of these players have played NOC, and if it is they should have listened to someone with experience like LightWolf, ESPECIALLY AFTER HE DIED AND WAS VILLAGE.

LYNCH
HIS
SUSPECTS

Holy piss. Celever had ALREADY been checked by Tesung, he was in no danger of being found out so he killed the REAL threat to himself - LightWolf, in the process making Tesung look suspicious. He probably presumed Tesung would target someone more polarizing or notable than his partner, who had very obviously-scum posts once he subbed in that were helped little by Walrein's already-scummy posts. The fact the only villager who was willing to really go on Tesung is EVIDENCE Celever is mafia, nobody is bussing him. Unfortunately I think Tesung could have dug deeper into reasons why Celever is bad but SO COULD THE OTHER VILLAGERS. They just refused to listen to reason.

I was all set to call von the worst player in this game until I realized he was the neutral that was left which explained his poor play (knowing he was not mafia and assuming he was village-inclined). While he had good logic at some points squire was CLEARLY just a noob town player who could not defend himself. Thus von not being village but needing to lynch squire, who was a ridiculously easy target and I don't think should have been subbed in as the focus of someone, CERTAINLY not put up against an experienced player like von, has removed him from my 'wtf bad village' list. He played the role fairly well but subbing in gave him a distinct advantage imo, especially subbing in vs a newbie sub like squire who simply cannot defend himself. If you had pitted von vs LightWolf or me or jumpluff it would be a different story. I realize this wasn't sskarmory's fault entirely because he needed subs and had to make due, but this is like when UncleSam subbed in to a beginner and steamrolled it - you offset the balance of power too greatly, especially when a player who is unable to provide a convincing argument is unknowingly pitted against someone who can easily take control of the voters.

All the villagers had to do was stop pussyfooting around but they let fear control their actions and votes, until slowly they bowed to the loudest player, von, and nobody realizes the mafia have to have already voted?? Seriously?? It is evident there are likely 2 scum voting for squire before Ace and tesung place their votes, because if you presume tesung is telling the truth and Ace is also good, the people remaining are scum. Thus it was clear from the votes squire was town and the mafia saw no loss to him. But no villager was willing to look at the facts logically, except tesung who was sadly drowned out by his fellow villagers being buffoons and too afraid to commit until they let THE MOST OBVIOUS BANDWAGON BY MAFIANS EVER get rolling. Like seriously?

Killing LightWolf was the only smart play Celever made all game. The rest of his actions were blatantly-scum but only LightWolf and Tesung were ever willing to point this out, and they got ignored for it because the argument was a 'distraction' or some other fiddle-faddle. The rest of the villagers were almost actively working to LOSE this game by the fact they just shrugged off every accusation against Celever pointlessly. HIS CLAIM WAS SO CLEARLY SCUM. All it was meant to do was instill fear in idiotic villagers and apparently all of you are idiotic villagers because it worked. SMH at the village play in this game. SMH at the mafia play too. If I could I would strike the mafia from this game's winner list and give it only to von and MC. While MC became very obvious as the game went on he was not as blatantly-scum as the actual starting mafians. BIGS2 having an actual winner would've been warranted, this game should've had a NPC win instead of the village or mafia.

Those on the village this game need to consider their faults in this game if they want to play in another NOC. Don't let yourself be controlled by fear of mislynching and refusing to go on someone who is rather shady and don't let yourself be bullied around as a newbie. Come to your own defense. And look for obvious scumtells, many of the faults people pointed out in Celever were for some reason glossed over repeatedly? And nobody wanted to take what LW said seriously after he died in what was CLEARLY getting rid of the only actual threat to the mafia team?? Learn from your mistakes and play better next game, but I'm not 'being mean' saying both factions played awful this game. It's a fact.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
Yea apparently at some point over the past few years I turned into a semi-big name???

Also agreeing with pretty much everything Yeti said regarding the village's play, though I probably wouldn't have phrased it so coarsely.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Frankly I had a devil may care attitude on the day I subbed in. The game was going nowhere at the time and I had no reason to think it would soon. So I figured I'd come in and lynch who I thought was mafia (which was mostly correct), and if I was wrong who gives a fuck I'd have played for less than 24 hours. shinyskarmory actually gave me the CHOICE of subbing in for spiresquire or pokeguy, which was probably a mistake, but I had no idea I was subbing in as a lyncher. skarmory told me that ss was heinously idle, so I ran with it. That went nowhere, but again if I got myself lynched whatever.

So on the final day I pretty easily turned most people against Celever and More Cowbell, hoping if people trusted me I could get a spiresquire lynch another day (and that the mafia would bet on me being lyncher), but when I saw spiresquire slipping I went after him. I don't think it's fair to say he's a shitty player, I thought he was generally smart and insightful compared to most new players, like I threw my first NOC game WAY harder. So I guess just learn from your mistakes.

To be fair, I don't expect anyone to perfectly be able to tell bad town Celever from bad mafia Celever.

Last edited:
I hate to pile on, but I was really disappointed by the bandwagon today. The majority of you did not express suspicion of spiresquire, a new player, until vonFiedler applied a lot of pressure to him. In fact, the informal lynch demonstrated strong consensus on the collective suspicion of Celever and More Cowbell, and von had already perfectly delineated (as had LW) why Celever was obvscum... until he suddenly 'decides' it's the easy option and goes instead after a new player showing scummy behaviour, as if that weren't the easy option, which should have made you all far more suspicious. I don't consider this lynch driven by anyone but von and the deadline urgency which arose from mass inertia over Celever, who gave herself away repeatedly and was called out on it:
  1. Constant bad arguments, arguing with LightWolf all game especially
  2. Involvement in sketchy lynches
  3. Nonstop backpedalling... I believe somebody referred to this as 'it's as if Celever doesn't want to make any enemies'
  4. Trying to lynch an inactive player on LYLO with starwarsfan (iirc), which, especially in Celever's case (as Celever is more experienced and knows better), should've outed them, especially after swf flipped bad. They even acknowledged it was a horrible idea and backed down the moment spire and LW told them to stop, both of which were very town moves on the latter two players' parts. Trying to lynch an inactive player on LYLO, especially with reasons like 'they piss me off' is terrible. You don't know what they are, whereas with that concentration of activity it's almost certain there's at least one active mafia... so scumhunt. Trying to lynch an inactive player on LYLO is an obvious mafia-trying-to-end-game move. You can always WIFOM that such players are just bad, but there were many more inexperienced people in the game not doing that and the general impression was that they were two of the better players in the game, so evidently people didn't attribute that to inexperience.
  5. 'Let's lynch people who haven't claimed, while we have a Talent Scout... now I have conveniently claimed'
I don't mean to just pick on Celever, but it was already outlined why Walrein was sketchy (and the bussing there I assume was because they were more paranoid than the rest of you put together except LW) and you guys managed to lynch starwarsfan. In the end, Celever managed to get the best of you, after all. But I really hope you guys will learn to think things through from other people's perspective more and also not let the game drown in inactivity or pointless conversations. Most of you didn't want to no lynch on the first MYLO day, how was it there was no lynch? :/ Admittedly, May is a bad time for a mafia game, especially one requiring high activity, but still...

FYI I called Celever mafia day 1 before Walrein even told me who was on the team. I had one member off, iirc.

Everything I wanted to say was already said by Yeti, especially the part where everyone failed to consider that the fact spire wasn't hammered allowed for the possibility most of the mafia had already voted and one was inactive pointed to cxinlee (Walrein) as the final mafia, as most of you thought (and von also correctly pointed out the Celever bus).

On a positive note: before cxinlee pulled a PokeguyNXB, I actually think his miniature argument with starwarsfan was pretty good and saved his ass.

Also, sorry, guys, I actually really actively followed this game and could've played except for the fact I knew who the mafia were officially from Walrein, lol (which naturally made me more attentive to the mafia's slipups, but like I said many of these were obvious and you need to do a LightWolf and consider all possibilities)

Last edited:
Well, okay, it was a pretty bad game. But people need to start out somewhere, I remember when I fucked up Mafia from the Depths as well.

In referring to Walrein as middle-of-the-road, I meant his Day 1 play. It didn't seem very village-inclined, but not very scummy either, and coupled with Walrein's relative inactivity, that was exactly what I wanted. Of course I know Walrein was one of the most experienced players in the game (besides Blue_Tornado and LightWolf), but the fact that he was inactive (and probably would be inactive for longer) meant he wouldn't be the target of too much discussion, and therefore a perfect Lover candidate. I got lucky that he was mafia after all, like I sort of suspected, otherwise he would probably have been nightkilled somewhere during the game (luckily cxinlee would be less of a nametargetting candidate, though that was not a factor).

Oh, I'm not saying they're trash or should go drown or something. In fact, I was impressed by the effort most people put in. Practice is the main way to improve. It was just insanely frustrating for us to watch this game go down the drain and we would like to see the new blood stay around and improve. Constructive post-game discussion is good, I hope nobody took offence from my words.

I did not think Celever and Walrein were scum on D1. I didn't follow the game once I was dead, so good job on that D1.

Uh, trainwrecks happen. Remember that people yelling at you and your terrible play do so because they love you. And if they don't, they should keep in mind that trainwrecks happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)