Yveltal

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't understand is why people aren't taking advantage of that monsterous Sucker Punch. If it hasn't been established yet, Yveltal's Sucker Punch is bar none the strongest priority move in the game. A base 80 move, increased to 106.66 by Dark Aura, then to 160 by STAB, then normally boosted by an item... Coming off of a base 131 attack stat. -.- I thought everyone would try to spam sucker punch asmuch as they could, but it seems like a lot of sets are excluding it.

Last edited:
What I don't understand is why people aren't taking advantage of that monsterous Sucker Punch. If it hasn't been established yet, Yveltal's Sucker Punch is bar none the strongest priority move in the game. A base 80 move, increased to 120 by Dark Aura, then to 180 by STAB, then normally boosted by an item... Coming off of a base 131 attack stat. -.- I thought everyone would try to spam sucker punch asmuch as they could, but it seems like a lot of sets are excluding it.
They are. Unless you're talking about the lower ladder where everyone uses Dragon Rush instead

How well would this work? Never done any competitive battles here and I'm new to this kinda stuff.

Nature: Calm

Moveset:
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Foul Play

Item: Leftovers

I dunno anything about EVs though. Its like the other Leftovers set on the closed thread, except I replaced Roost with Oblivion Wing.
That seems like phys def yvetal. Give it 252 hp 252 def impish and roost>oblivion wing.

What I don't understand is why people aren't taking advantage of that monsterous Sucker Punch. If it hasn't been established yet, Yveltal's Sucker Punch is bar none the strongest priority move in the game. A base 80 move, increased to 106.66 by Dark Aura, then to 160 by STAB, then normally boosted by an item... Coming off of a base 131 attack stat. -.- I thought everyone would try to spam sucker punch asmuch as they could, but it seems like a lot of sets are excluding it.
It's been on every Yeltsin set I've ever used. Even with a neutral nature and no attack EVs, it's absolutely ridiculous.

I've settled on mild with dark pulse/sucker punch/oblivion ring/focus blast @ life orb as it's best set. Haven't changed it in months.

lol @ oblivion ring, I play too much magic
lol @ Yeltsin autocorrect

Soft resetting for Yvetal on my third playthough on my Y version. Currently I am soft resetting with a Adamant Synchronizer looking to go with a moveset of taunt, roost, sucker punch and u-turn as a really need a scouter.

This thing has so many options it is absolutely ridiculous. There are at least 6 or 7 movesets/setups I could go with on this guy. Kind of stuck on the nature though for the one I am trying to get. Would impish or careful maybe be better? Just thinking 252 + nature dark aura sucker punch will obliterate things. ^_^

Edit: Just caught a 31/18-19/31/x/31/31 Adamant one. Wish the attack was a little bit higher! Back to soft resetting!

Last edited:

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
The standard stallYgod is the basically what RotomPoison said, but the failure to mention taunt is what bugs me.

It should look like this

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe (these 8 are variable but you may want them in SpD 'cause of you IV)
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Taunt / Substitute
- Toxic

How would a torment set do in Uber play? Similar to DPP Tormentran but with EV's placed into defense rather than Sp. Defense.

44 HP EV's make 101 substitute's. Max ev's into defense and 44 Speed ev's get it to 244 speed (the speed number tormentran needed, probably is irrelevant now).

Something like torment, substitute, foul play/oblivion wing, toxic. Just a random thought and I haven't seen a torment set mentioned yet.

How would a torment set do in Uber play? Similar to DPP Tormentran but with EV's placed into defense rather than Sp. Defense.

44 HP EV's make 101 substitute's. Max ev's into defense and 44 Speed ev's get it to 244 speed (the speed number tormentran needed, probably is irrelevant now).

Something like torment, substitute, foul play/oblivion wing, toxic. Just a random thought and I haven't seen a torment set mentioned yet.
Meh, subdisable much better then.

Well, one of my best offensive Yveltal sets is:

Yveltal Life Orb
Trait: Dark Aura
EVs: 72 Atk / 252 SAtk / 184 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt

With Hasty nature, this Yveltal is fast enough to Taunt even standard Gliscor in Ubers, making him a great stallbreaker that can do a massive damage on Giratina, Ferrothorn, Groudon or anything that switch in with its main STAB Dark Pulse. He even drills holes on opponent team with the combo Dark-Punch.

This set focuses on predict-and-switch into walls. Yveltal stops almost all of them with Taunt then he'll attack the switch-in. Just calculate a Dark Pulse and a Sucker Punch on anything that doesn't resist it. Even though his Attack is pretty modest at 316, Sucker Punch does ~ 55% HP on a usual Palkia.

Oblivion Wing, of course, is the best healing STAB for this offensive set since this Yveltal doesn't have Roost. But if you use Roost, you'll lose the ability to, maybe, take a 45% HP of 260 Spe (too common) Xerneas.

Just use the scout-Scizor or Aegislash with this guy, they'll co-work effectively

One thing i've noticed is that Yvetal does really well with a Stat support boost. Here's a good assist example.

Galvin (Venomoth) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Baton Pass
- Sleep Powder

Description: Venomoth lead, Sleep Powder, Quiver dances and passes the Stats to Yvetal. There will be no need to worry about any freeze hax, burn hax or fake out flinch thanks to Shield Dust. When the stats are boosted to yvetal, it has the potential to sweep teams, and healing itself back with Oblivion wing when taking any damage.

What do you think? Any ideas on how to improve? Then leave a comment below!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)