Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regerator
EV's: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def
Brave Nature
Earthquake
Knock Off
Power Whip
HP Ice

Well This is one of my favorite pokemon in UU to use. I love how it looks, I love its movepool, I love everything about it. I run assault vest on him to take special hits better while still keeping his defensive bulk. I run HP Ice usually to stop Roserade (Which is a problem in my team; Need help EV'ing for OHKO) Earthquake to hit Manectric while taking its flamethrower, and Power Whip for STAB. Usually around for the majority of the battle. Love it

059.gif
Arcanine @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EV's: 252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 SPDEF
Adamant Nature
Flare Blitz
ExtremeSpeed
Crunch
Close Combat

Arcanine really exceeded my expectations as a choice band user in UU. If I get a safe switch, A flare blitz kills anything neutral or super effective. Only problem I see with him is his slow speed, which is the reason for extremespeed, however I rarely like getting choiced into anything other than flare blitz. It can usually take a couple hits if SR wasn't already set up, but eventually wears itself down due to recoil. Overall this exceeded my expectations and I absolutley love using it

117.gif
Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EV's: 252 SPATK, 252 HP, 4 SPDEF
Modest Nature
Draco Meteor
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
HP Rock

Kingdra is an iffy on my team. I like the idea of choice specs, but I really have wanted to try out life orb. Aside from the fact that this OHKO's almost anything with Draco Meteor, I usually have to switch out immediately after. Great damage, and since it isn't 4X weak to grass I enjoy having it on my team. Maybe switch out HP Rock for something else? I've rarely used it but couldn't think of any other practical moves.

142.gif
Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EV's: 252 ATK, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Jolly Nature
Stealth Rock
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Aqua tail

Aerodactly is almost always my lead (Unless opponent has a Swampert). Usually outspeeds everything in UU except for some weird lead like Scarfed Noivern. Job is simple: Gets up SR, tries to kill with Edge/Quake combo. Usually works to my surprise. I don't think enemies predict this to be so powerful. Was thinking of changing aqua tail to pursuit?

134.gif
Vaporeon Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EV's: 252 SPDEF, 252 HP, 4 SPAtk
Calm Nature
Scald
Heal Bell
Toxic
Wish

Vaporeon is a beast. Great special defender and good move set to go along with it. I don't know if I should run the wish/protect set, but this has been working quite well. Scald hits surprisingly hard while toxic wears them down. Wish into Arcanine usually to take care of stealth rock damage. Not to shabby if I say so myself.

237.gif
Hitmontop Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EV's: 252 DEF, 252 HP, 4 ATK
Impish Nature
Close Combat
Toxic
Sucker Punch
Rapid Spin

Hitmontop is the most susceptible to change on my team. For a physically defensive pokemon he does a very good job, his moveset it just ehh... Earlier I had a rotom-heat here and it could take hits just as well, it's just i had a water-weakness which I didn't like with all the Blastoises running around. Usually switch into Arcanine after if it's allowable for the double intimidate, then I just predict from there with Arcanine. Mainly the only reason I chose Hitmontop vs. other defensive pokes is for a reliable rapid spinner + Intimidate. Usually brings nothing else to the table.

Conclusion:
This is honestly one of my favorite teams I've ever made and I've had alot of success with it. I rose from about 1000 rating to 1300 in a couple of hours. Some of you may scoff and say "That's so low!", but not for me. I'll try out most of the suggestions and report back with any success. Thanks again.

If you don't mind losing Intimidate, you could try switching Arcanine for Entei. Entei pretty much works the same as Arcanine with Flare Blitz and Extremespeed, but with a higher attack stat to get more KO's. Crunch and Close Combat would be changed to Stone Edge, for flying and other fire types, and Iron Head, for Florges, respectively.

You should change HP Rock on Kingdra to HP Electric. HP Electric allows you to hit Empoleon super effectively, whom otherwise walls Kingdra.

You should also change Focus Sash on Aerodactly to Aerodactlyite. Mega Aerodactly has a lot higher attack, speed, and defenses than regular Aerodactyl, allowing it to set up rocks quicker, live longer, and do more damage.

Other than that, this seems like a very usable team. Good Luck!

Specs Kingdra is nothing compared to Sniper Kingdra:
NOT
(we aren't here to use Seadra kiddies)
Kingdra @ Razor Claw
Ability: Sniper
EV's: 252 SPATK, 252 HP, 4 SPDEF OR 252 SPATK, 252 SPE, 4 HP
Modest Nature OR Timid Nature
Draco Meteor
Hydro Pump / Surf
Ice Beam
Focus Energy

Take your Specs Kingdra, tell him he's a little bitch. Sniper Kingdra is where the real power is at. If you aren't using HP Rock and don't have Rain to compliment Swift Swim then use le Sniper. After just one turn to setup a Focus Energy and a Razor Claw, Kingdra hits 100% of the time. This is further complimented by its ability Sniper, which instead of only doing 1.5x the damage, it does 2.25x the damage! And even better than that, because you are landing critical hits, the Draco Meteor drop in SpAtk is ignored. SPAM Draco Meteor! :D
(but seriously, if you don't even use the set at least change the sprite to a real Kingdra)

Do consider Entei though to replace Arcanine, Sacred Fire is another new trick up its sleeve this gen which threatens a lot more Pokes than Flare Blitz thanks to that 50% Burn chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)