Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Venomoth (Venonite)
Type: Bug / Poison -------> Bug / Poison
Abilities: Shield Dust / Tinted Lens / Wonder Skin -------> Tinted Lens
Base Stats: 70 / 65 / 60 / 90 / 75 / 90 -------> 70 / 75 / 100 / 100 / 95 / 110
New Moves: Defog
Concept:
I don't see Venomoth in any way as Psychic-type as many have suggested, its name is venom + moth, venom being Poison-type, moth being Bug-type, so the combination fits perfectly, even if you don't want it to take Stealth Rock damage! This version of Venomoth is to try and not make it too broken, I mean for god's sake it got banned from three tiers at once, and with its Mega Evolution, it shouldn't be too broken. I decided to give it a +10 to Attack for the same reason of Mega Gardevoir. Then, I amped up the Defenses a bit, to allow room to Quiver Dance, but I didn't increase the SpA to much, because with too much it would be unstoppable. But, to balance it out more, I gave it 20 more Speed, which allows it outspeed certain things like Mega Charizard X amongst other base 100s. Overall, this Mega Venomoth doesn't appear to be very powerful, but it actually is, it's just not as broken as some people have made it out to be.
I like it quite a bit, but I don't think its defense should be so high. My view on this is that stats should roughly resemble buffed versions of their previous forms, so I think Veno's Attack and Defense stats should be about equal. And I don't think a higher SpAtk would be too overpowered, Volcarona's 130 SpAtk is pretty rediculous and this isn't any higher than that.

I do really like the addition of Defog though, it fits.

I like it quite a bit, but I don't think its defense should be so high. My view on this is that stats should roughly resemble buffed versions of their previous forms, so I think Veno's Attack and Defense stats should be about equal. And I don't think a higher SpAtk would be too overpowered, Volcarona's 130 SpAtk is pretty rediculous and this isn't any higher than that.

I do really like the addition of Defog though, it fits.
The actual reason it would be more broken is the fact it gets Tinted Lens :P

EDIT:
I fixed the stats a bit, making it make more sense flavor-wise :)

Mega Golduck
Typing: Water ---> Water / Psychic
Ability: Damp / Cloud Nine / Swift Swim ---> Tough Claws
Base Stats: 80/82/78/95/80/85>>>80/115/98/107/95/105
New Moves: Sword Dance, Psycho Cut, Power Gem

Golduck has some sharp claws, so why not sharpen them as it goes mega?

Simple concept here, a physical psychic type the likes which are rarely even seen for some odd reason with respectably all around stats. Of course, you could just do Sword Dance Sharp Claws Aqua Jet if you prefer, but there's mixed potential brought on by Power Gem.

Keep in mind, though it's more accurate, Psycho Cut makes no contact while Zen Headbutt does.

Last edited:
The actual reason it would be more broken is the fact it gets Tinted Lens :P

EDIT:
I fixed the stats a bit, making it make more sense flavor-wise :)
Hnngh those are some sexy stats, nice job. I know I was fan-boying over Snotjoch's Venomoth, but I actually think you distributing the stats here even better. Nice work, friendo.

Edit: Tinted lens is pretty bitchin. I'd recommend Multiscale tho for setup shenanigans, but you don't have to listen, as I have a ragin hard-on for multiscale think Multiscale fits really well on the Moth, as literally 90% of the Dex descriptions never shut the fuck up about Venomoth's scales

dawnmidst

I COULD BE BANNED!
Please Don't get mad about the typing

Mega Golduck (Golduckite)

Typing: Water -----> Water / Fighting
Abilities: Damp / Cloud Nine / Swift Swim -----> Tough Claws
BST: 80/82/78/95/80/85 -----> 80/132/78/115/80/115
New moves: Power Gem, Work Up

The main reason I thought Golduck should be Water / Fighting was because of the huge Fighting Move-pool it gets including Brick Break, Counter, Cross Chop, Focus Blast, Focus Punch, Low Kick, and Seismic Toss. Another reason for Flavor is that in the Anaheim Mighty Ducks movie (lol) it shows that the team is "hockey fighting" on ice and Golduck gets a lot of Ice moves in its Move-pool as well. As for the ability, Tough Claws, it complementing the usually Physical Fighting Type competitively as well as Golduck having claws. Lets take a look at a set I made myself.

Golduck @ Golduckite
Ability: Tough Claws
(So many different options pick what you want)
- Encore
- Hone Claws / Work Up
- Aqua Tail / Waterfall / Hydro Pump / Scald
- Cross Chop / Focus Blast

In this set the purpose is to use Encore while the opponent uses a Support move or something, set up, and then hit hard with strong boosted attacks. Hone Claws is to boost the accuracy of moves with shaky accuracy as well as make Physical Moves more powerful. I would personally run an inaccurate Water and Fighting STAB for this to do as much damage on the Physical or Mixed Side as possible. For Work up this is definitely on the Mixed approach and I highly recommend you use Scald and Cross Chop because its the most accurate hitting Mixed Set out of all of these.

Just please take this into consideration :).

Last edited:

BST: 80/82/78/95/80/85 -----> 80/132/78/115/80/135

The main reason I thought Golduck should be Water / Fighting was because of the huge Fighting Move-pool it gets including Brick Break, Counter, Cross Chop, Focus Blast, Focus Punch, Low Kick, and Seismic Toss. Another reason for Flavor is that in the Anaheim Mighty Ducks movie (lol) it shows that the team is "hockey fighting" on ice and Golduck gets a lot of Ice moves in its Move-pool as well. As for the ability, Tough Claws, it complementing the usually Physical Fighting Type competitively as well as Golduck having claws. Lets take a look at a set I made myself.

Golduck @ Golduckite
- Encore
- Hone Claws / Work Up

In this set the purpose is to use Encore while the opponent uses a Support move or something, set up, and then hit hard with strong boosted attacks. Hone Claws is to boost the accuracy of moves with shaky accuracy as well as make Physical Moves more powerful. I would personally run an inaccurate Water and Fighting STAB for this to do as much damage on the Physical or Mixed Side as possible. For Work up this is definitely on the Mixed approach and I highly recommend you use Scald and Cross Chop because its the most accurate hitting Mixed Set out of all of these.

Not bad, but the BST enhancement cap is 100. I think that spread increases by 120.

Golduck @ Golduckite
- Encore
- Hone Claws / Work Up

WOT WATER/FIGHTING I SWARE ON ME MUM I'LL FUCKING RIP UR HEAD OFF

This is actually a pretty cool submission, nice job. The stats are a bit wonky though, doesn't seem to add up.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus

Golduck @ Golduckite
- Encore
- Hone Claws / Work Up

I like this, although I wish it had Close Combat

This is gonna seem really unorthodox, I know, but there's a theme to it.
Mega Persian
Normal >>>> Normal/Electric
Limber/Technician/Unnerve >>> Fur Coat
65/70/60/65/65/115 --> 65/115/80/70/85/130
New Moves: Wild Charge, Nuzzle, Tail Sweep
Conceptually, Persian megas into the fluffiest goddamn cat you've ever seen. Look at how fluffy it is! See it in your mind! It's so fuzzy and covered in fur that it's practically just... defensive with it, and if it nuzzles your leg, you might get a jolt because of how much static it oozes. Yes, it oozes something that is NOT somewhere stuck between a state of liquid and solid. That's some hardcore kitty.

Thematically, there's not much to it besides being a durable PAR inducer. Tail Sweep is there if you want to do anything Technical before going mega... you likely don't, but it's an option.

Last edited:

dawnmidst

I COULD BE BANNED!
This is gonna seem really unorthodox, I know, but there's a theme to it.
Mega Persian
Normal >>>> Normal/Electric
Limber/Technician/Unnerve >>> Fur Coat
65/70/60/65/65/115 --> 65/95/90/85/85/130
New Moves: Wild Charge, Nuzzle, Tail Sweep
Conceptually, Persian megas into the fluffiest goddamn cat you've ever seen. Look at how fluffy it is! See it in your mind! It's so fuzzy and covered in fur that it's practically just... defensive with it, and if it nuzzles your leg, you might get a jolt because of how much static it oozes. Yes, it oozes something that is NOT somewhere stuck between a state of liquid and solid. That's some hardcore kitty.

Thematically, there's not much to it besides being a durable PAR inducer. Tail Sweep is there if you want to do anything Technical before going mega... you likely don't, but it's an option.
I like the idea, but its a mega give it some more stat buffs.

BST: 80/82/78/95/80/85 -----> 80/132/78/115/80/115

Golduck @ Golduckite
- Encore
- Hone Claws / Work Up

Water/Fighting is cool. I mean hey, the thing gets Cross Chop already. Shame it doesn't get Close Combat or HJK but Tough Claws makes up for that. Encore+setup is something you don't see much of these days.

Persian
Type: Normal -> Normal/Dark
Ability: Limber/Technician/Unnerve -> Antiluck (the opponent's moves have half the normal chance of their secondary effects happening and can not crit.)
Stats: 65/70/60/65/65/115 -> 65/120 (+50)/70 (+10)/70 (+5)/75 (+10)/140 (+25)
I did't think I would be doing one of these until I saw a normal/dark persian with super luck and I got inspiration. The idea is that persian turns into a black cat that has more muscle than it's normal form. The idea of antiluck came from the belief that black cats are unlucky and that is also where the idea of the dark type came from. I made gave it a little more defence and a lot more attack, but not much more speed so that the stats would fit my vision and still be balanced.
I would love any feedback/criticism.

Last edited:
Gonna try Venomoth:

Bug/Poison -> Bug/Flying
Shield Dust / Tinted Lens / Wonder Skin -----> Compoundeyes
HP: 70
Att: 65
Def: 60 -> 90 (+30)
SpA: 90 -> 120 (+30)
SpD: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Spd: 90 -> 110 (+20)
New Moves: +Hurricane

Venomoth has some use already in the OU metagame as a Quiver Passer, but it's really not used that much at that (in fact, it dropped to NU, but now it's BL because reasons.) Furthermore, it's hardly used in OU as a standalone sweeper. I sought to change that.
I made Venomoth a bit more bulky and gave it a good amount of SpA. The speed I gave lets it outpace 108s given max speed. You can creep max base 70s and everything around that range with just a few speed EVs and maximize bulk if you like.
Compoudeyes isn't such a farfetched new ability for Venomoth, and Vivillon's Sleep Powder and Hurricane should be telling of how monstrous this can be.

Last edited:

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Persian
Type: Normal -> Normal/Dark
Ability: Limber/Technician/Unnerve -> Antiluck (the opponent's moves have half the normal chance of their secondary effects happening and can not crit.)
Stats: 65/70/60/65/65/115 -> 65/120 (+50)/80 (+20)/75 (+10)/80 (+15)/120 (+5)
I did't think I would be doing one of these until I saw a normal/dark persian with super luck and I got inspiration. The idea is that persian turns into a black cat that has more muscle than it's normal form. The idea of antiluck came from the belief that black cats are unlucky and that is also where the idea of the dark type came from. I made gave it a little more defence and a lot more attack, but not much more speed so that the stats would fit my vision and still be balanced.
I would love any feedback/criticism.
I love the ability and typing, but the stat spread leaves a bit to be desired. Your design, like many other designs that I've seen, has a great stat spread for a non-mega Pokemon. 120/75/120 offenses are great on a normal Pokemon but because Megas cannot use items, 120 Atk is pretty lacking if you aren't using a boosting ability like adaptability, sheer force or tough claws; 120 attack is approximentally equal to 81 attack boosted by a life orb.

Golduck

Typing: Water -----> Water / Dark
Abilities: Damp / Cloud Nine / Swift Swim -----> Dimension Shift*
BST: 80/82/78/95/80/85 -----> 80/122/98/135/100/45
New Moves: Parting Shot, Knock Off, Dark Pulse

* Summons Trick Room when Switched In or is Mega Evolved.

This Mega Takes a different approach to Golduck, instead of a Water / Psychic powerhouse, This Mega Golduck turned to the dark side and I now the only trick room setter that can summon trick room only by switching in. Furthermore, It now has acces to Parting Shot, making its trick room- set up abilities even better. Backed up with 122 / 135 offences, This mega golduck is a force to be reckoned with.

Last edited:
Gonna try Venomoth:

Bug/Poison -> Bug/Flying
Shield Dust / Tinted Lens / Wonder Skin -----> Compoundeyes
HP: 70
Att: 65
Def: 60 -> 90 (+30)
SpA: 90 -> 120 (+30)
SpD: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Spd: 90 -> 110 (+20)
New Moves: +Hurricane

Venomoth has some use already in the OU metagame as a Quiver Passer, but it's really not used that much at that (in fact, it dropped to NU, but now it's BL because reasons.) Furthermore, it's hardly used in OU as a standalone sweeper. I sought to change that.
I made Venomoth a bit more bulky and gave it a good amount of SpA. The speed I gave lets it outpace 108s given max speed. You can creep max base 70s and everything around that range with just a few speed EVs and maximize bulk if you like.
Compoudeyes isn't such a farfetched new ability for Venomoth, and Vivillon's Sleep Powder and Hurricane should be telling of how monstrous this can be.
So... Vivillon + Baton Pass?

dawnmidst

I COULD BE BANNED!

Mega Vileplume (Vileplumite)

Typing: Grass / Poison -----> Grass / Poison
Abilities: Chlorophyll / Effect Spore -----> Power Plant (All Grass Type Draining Moves add 25% more health from HP Drain)
BST: 75/80/85/100/90/50 -----> 75/80/120(+25)/150(+50)/120(+20)/50
New moves: Clear Smog

Unlike my previous submission, this set brings out the aspects of Vileplume that were often overlooked such as SubSeed and Toxic Spikes Removing. These aspects make it a great wall. Lets take a look at a set I made myself.

Vileplume @ Vileplumite
Ability: Power Plant
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SAtk / 96 Def / 96 SDef
Modest Nature
- Leech Seed
- Toxic / Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog / Focus Blast

This sets goal is to fully utilize Vileplume's Defensive and Offensive Prowess. For the defense EVs you can switch them up to fulfill the role you want Vileplume to take whether it being a physical or special wall, or even if u want to counter or check something (you have 192 EVs for this). Obviously since defenses aren't gonna be fully invested you are gonna need to recover a lot of health per turn. This is where Leech Seed and Giga Drain with 25% percent more recovery comes in. Get up your seeds and Giga Drain away. With this Vileplume doesn't even need an instant-recovery move. Clear Smog is to get rid of Stat Boots your opponents use to try to take down Vileplume, or you can use Focus Blast or another coverage move for coverage.

Last edited:

Mega Vileplume (Vileplumite)

Typing: Grass / Poison -----> Grass / Poison
Abilities: Chlorophyll / Effect Spore -----> Power Plant (All Grass Type Draining Moves add 25% more health from HP Drain)
BST: 75/80/85/100/90/50 -----> 75/80/120(+25)/150(+50)/120(+20)/50
New moves: Clear Smog

Unlike my previous submission, this set brings out the aspects of Vileplume that were often overlooked such as SubSeed and Toxic Spikes Removing. These aspects make it a great wall. Lets take a look at a set I made myself.

Vileplume @ Vileplumite
Ability: Greedy
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SAtk / 96 Def / 96 SDef
Modest Nature
- Leech Seed
- Toxic / Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog / Focus Blast

This sets goal is to fully utilize Vileplume's Defensive and Offensive Prowess. For the defense EVs you can switch them up to fulfill the role you want Vileplume to take whether it being a physical or special wall, or even if u want to counter or check something (you have 192 EVs for this). Obviously since defenses aren't gonna be fully invested you are gonna need to recover a lot of health per turn. This is where Leech Seed and Giga Drain with 25% percent more recovery comes in. Get up your seeds and Giga Drain away. With this Vileplume doesn't even need an instant-recovery move. Clear Smog is to get rid of Stat Boots your opponents use to try to take down Vileplume, or you can use Focus Blast or another coverage move for coverage.
So... is it called greedy or power plant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)