Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rock Tomb, Bulldoze, Aerial Ace, Thief, Acrobatics...
But at what the cost to a stronger Ability do I get for -10 Power and a speed drop that won't matter to a mon who will likely have more than ? I could just use Quake, Stone Edge or Night Slash. The only one there with any appeal is flying moves, but with elemental punches, Stone Edge, Earthquake... heck, Even Poison Jab or Seed Bomb... I think I could sacrifice flying moves unless the Grass/Fights or Heracross are too big a problem for the monkey and even without the boost, they probably aren't.

Okay everybody clearly hates technician now, but what if we gave it Mach Punch? That'd suit Breloom more though. Okay scratch that for now, I'm just trying to bring something less complicated than these made-up abilities to the table.

Iron Fist is looking pretty good

Mega Arcanine (Arcanite)
Type: Fire/Normal
Ability: Speed Boost
Base Forme Stats: 90/110/80/100/80/95
Mega Forme Stats: 90/140(+30)/100(+20)/120(+20)/95(+15)/110(+15)

Okay, I know this looks strange at a glance: hear me out.

Lets start with the typing. Arcanine is one of the rare mons to get non-event Extremespeed, so I felt that its type should show such. Plus, it resembles the thousand other Normal type dog pokemon (Furfrou, Stoutland, etc.).

Now the Ability. Arcanine, in every Dex entry, Manga, lore, and crappy pokemon spin off, is associated with speed. As soon as I noticed that trend, I knew i had to make it's ability speed boost. It gives Arcanine a niche as a Speed Boost cleaner/sweeper, and its far from broken given how weak to priority it is.

So... Arcanine is majestic as hell. Is not dragon meant for such a mythical representation? Just look at Mega sheep.

Arcanine
Type: Fire>>>Fire/Dragon
Ability: Flash Fire/Intimidate/Justified>>>Bulletproof
Stats: 90/110/80/100/80/95>>>90/135/85/125/85/115
New Moves: Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Calm Mind

There's little Arcanine can do to abuse it's new type offensively... defensively, Dragon is a huge boon as it negates Water and has it's fairy and ice negated, leaving Ground/Rock/Dragon weaknesses. While not good, it's manageble, and after an Intimidate on the right foe, you can set a sweep as needed, or use a special set. Lacking Sacred Fire ensures it doesn't run into Entei's turf!

Last edited:
Primeape
Type: Fighting -> Fighting (is there any reason to change it?)
Ability: Vital Spirit/Anger Point/Defiant -> Aggravation (This pokemon is immune to status effects and if something tries to status it, it will gain two attack.)
Stats: 65/105/60/60/70/95 -> 65/135 (+30)/75 (+15)/70 (+10)/80 (+10)/130 (+35)

I gave him this ability to deal with painful status effects. This is especially handy with all of the new sleep inducers running around and it also helps with burns. I was thinking along the lines of guts when I thought of this, bit it is hard to pull off guts without an item, and it also doesn't help with sleep or paralysis speed drops. Getting the ability to activate is kinda tricky and needs prediction, but it can easily lead to a sweep if it activates.
I boosted his attack a fair ammount, but not very much making him rely more on his ability and high speed that lets him outspeed weavile. I didn't add any more moves because I didn't think he needed any.
I may boost his attack another five points and lower his speed by five.

I may do the rest later, but that's it for now.

Last edited:
Dilasc I wanna ask you what tail sweep is.
Also while unaware is flavorful, on those defenses, ESP. when it has the ability to boost one, It's broken. Also you're turning it into this week's Golduck so far (everyone is making the same change).

Primeape
Type: Fighting -> Fighting (is there any reason to change it?)
Ability: Vital Spirit/Anger Point/Defiant -> Aggravation (If this pokemon gains a status effect his attack will be raised by two stages. He is also immune to the attack drop from burn and the speed drop from paralysis)
Stats: 65/105/60/60/70/95 -> 65/135
(+30)/60/60/70/130 (+35)

This is not finished and I clicked post reply on accident.
Isn't this just Guts but stronger?

I can't believe it took me so long to find a thread like this xD. Oh well, time to start getting involved.

Slowbro
Type: Water / Psychic ----------> Water / Psychic
Ability: Oblivious / Own Tempo / Regenerator ----------> Simple
Sats: HP 95 /Atk 75 /Def 110 /SpA 100 /SpD 80 /Spe 30 ----------> HP 95 /Atk 115 /Def 130 /SpA 120 /SpD 100 /Spe 30
New Moves: Aqua Tail, Hydro Pump.

I wanted to make Slowbro a powerful Set-up abusing Trick Room sweeper. With this spread he has great versatility with enough bulk to take his time setting up what ever he choses. This bulk also lets him take hits fairly easily so one may chose to use Recover over Trick Room. With the focus on boosting his Atk to similar power levels as his SpA, Slowbro can now choose to either go physically or specially offensive with either Calm Mind or Curse. Aqua Tail gives him a strong physical water STAB while Hydro Pump gives him a stronger alternative to Scald or Surf.
The set I would use would probably run something along the lines of: Calm Mind / Trick Room / Psyshock / Hydro Pump.

Isn't this just Guts but stronger?
I changed it to where the status effect doesn't even take place making the boost go away if you switch out. However this also makes health draining from poison/burn and immobility from sleep/freeze go away. Other than that, look at the post above.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Let's do this :]]]

Typing: Fighting -----> Fighting / Steel
Abilities: Vital Spirit / Anger Point / Defiant -----> Iron Fist
BST: 65/105/60/60/70/95 -----> 65/155/70/60/80/125 (Atk +50, Spe +30, Def +10, SDef +10)
New moves: +Meteor Mash, +Mach Punch

So it becomes part Steel because it has those steel braces around its hands and feet, which would become more apparent and more part of the design. Hey, if Lucario can be part Steel so can MegaPrimape. Iron Fist is because of its giant fists of fury, and makes sense with the steel sub-typing. The stats are straight forward - it becomes fast and strong. The bulk boost is minor, but pretty cool. Meteor Mash gives it really strong STAB move that's boosted by Iron Fist, while Mach Punch gives it priority. Overall Primape stronk.

Typing: Fire -----> Fire / Normal
Abilities: Intimidate / Flash Fire / Justified -----> Reckless
BST: 90/110/80/100/80/95 -----> 90/140/105/100/125/95 (Atk +30, Def +25, SDef +45)
New moves: None

So this spread is more focused on bulky offense, not giving it any speed and giving it more bulk but some power. Reckless helps make up for the lack of power boost by powering up its STAB Flare Blitz. A specially defensive bias was given since Arcanine will spend most of its time burning things, and it also has intimidate pre-mega. The Normal typing not only gives it STAB ESpeed, but it also has a neat ghost immunity and a STAB Double-Edge boosted by Reckless. The Fighting weakness is unfortunate, but its not game changing in a meta full of Talonflame, Mega Venu, and Fairies roaming around. So yea, this is a neat MegArcanine imo.

Typing: Rock/Ground -----> Rock/Ground
Abilities: Rock Head / Sturdy / Sand Veil -----> Dry Skin
BST: 80/120/130/55/65/45 -----> 80/165/150/55/100/45 (Atk +45, Def +20, SDef +35)
New moves: +Drain Punch

Dry Skin gets rid of Rock / Ground's main 4x weakness of Water. It still has a 4x weakness to Grass but that is much more manageable since Grass is a much worse offensive tying than Water. Dry Skin in general is a cool ability on him I feel. I've giving him a Defense and SpDef buff, but the main buff here is his Attack, boasting a high 165 with STAB EdgeQuake. The only problem I see with this is that this is the worst Rock-type to take on MegaZardY, as it no longer resists Fire and dies to Solar Beam. Still, it's Water immunity is neat, and gets rid of its biggest weakness. I decided not to give it Slack Off, and have it rely on Drain Punch and Dry Skin for Recovery.

Typing: Water/Psychic -----> Water/Psychic
Abilities: Oblivious / Own Tempo / Regenerator -----> Unaware
BST: 95/75/110/100/80/30 -----> 95/85/140/130/110/30 (Atk +10, Def +30, SpA +30, SpDef +30)

So Unaware is really obvious, and its really good on it. I don't think I need to explain. The stat spread also just favors bulk, although it does have a decent amount of damage output. Normal Slowbro still has Regenerator over its MegaForm, and it can use RegenVest for some shenanigans still, so its not completely outclassed. There's not much to say here - in fact, I expect a lot of Slowbro Megas to looks very similar honestly, since Unaware is really obvious on it, at least imo. Plus we need a really good unaware mon, so yeah.

I think I could sacrifice flying moves unless the Grass/Fights or Heracross are too big a problem for the monkey and even without the boost, they probably aren't.
I'd just like to mention that having Tech Aerial Ace is pretty neat, as Flying + Fighing has some damn good coverage. Also ignoring Mega Venusaur as a mon that Aerial Ace hits is not something to look over. I think Tech is a nice ability for Primeape honestly - I'd put it on if I wasn't going for Iron Fist already.

Typing: Fighting -----> Fighting / Dark
Abilities: Vital Spirit / Anger Point / Defiant -----> Tangled Feet
BST: 65/105/60/60/70/95 -----> 65/135/80/60/90/125 (Atk +30, Spe +30, Def +20, SDef +20)
New moves: + Outrage; + Sucker Punch + Knock Off

Primeape already learns a fair amount of Dark-Type attacks, and it's violent fighting style fits the Dark-type well. Although it lacks powerful dark moves, that are usable on it [Too fast for Payback], so I added Sucker Punch, which is a move I feel is appropriate for a monkey pokemon. In addition, Primeape has always been associated with the move Thrash since Gen 1, because of it's anger and such. Due to this, I made the ability Tangled Feet, to encourage the use of the BP 120 Thrash on Primeape. Outrage was also added for the 'Angry Monkey' thematic.

Typing: Fire -----> Fire
Abilities: Intimidate / Flash Fire / Justified -----> Rock Head
BST: 90/110/80/100/80/95 -----> 90/135/105/125/105/95 (Atk +25, Def +25, SDef +25, Sp.Atk +25)

I like the suggestion of Reckless Arcanine, but Arcanine has always been useful for it's bulk as well as it's power, so I think Iron Head is a more appropriate ability to encourage physical sets. However, Arcanine has always has the ability to use special attacks, and be rather balanced, so I bumped special attack as well.

I might do the other two later.

EDIT:

Abilities: Rock Head / Sturdy / Sand Veil -----> Sturdy
BST: 80/120/130/55/65/45 -----> 80/140/145/55/100/75 (Atk +20, Def +15, SDef +35, Spd+30)

Golem is Golem. That isn't gonna change. I don't think sticking something like Dry Skin on it is going to change this. Not to mention Megas still need to make relative sense [And yes, Mega Ampy makes sense when you bear in mind the legend it is based off, like Karp to Dos.]

So what I did instead is literally turn Golem into... Mega Golem. Golem is a tanky rock type with good defenses. He's always had good offenses, and can usually be relied upon to take a hit thanks to Sturdy.

So I focused on turning Golem into a Rock Polish sweeper. Sturdy ensures it will survive a hit, barring Mold Breaker or status from something like Scald. A bump to base 75 speed allows Golem to actually outspeed things after Rock Polish. I was cautious not to raise Golem's attack too much due to this. Base 120 is already pretty high, and above Base 140 I think would be overkill with Sturdy, Base 75 speed and Rock Polish.

I would have submitted a Slowbro, but what I would have done with Slowbro is already posted.

Last edited:

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Mega Golem
Rock/Ground -> Rock/Ground
Rock Head/Sturdy/Sandveil -> Weatherproof (Reduces power of Water, Ice and Grass moves by 75%)
HP: 80 -> 80
Atk: 120 -> 180 (+60)
Def: 130 -> 160 (+30)
SpA: 55 -> 65 (+10)
SpD: 65 -> 85 (+20)
Spe: 45 -> 25 (-20)
Total: 495 -> 595
Weight: 300 kg -> 400 kg

Mega Arcanine
Fire -> Fire/Fighting
Intimidate/Flash Fire/Justified -> Flash Fire
HP: 90 -> 90
Atk: 110 -> 150 (+40)
Def: 80 -> 110 (+30)
SpA: 100 -> 110 (+10)
SpD: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Spe: 95 -> 105 (+10)
Total: 555 -> 655

Mega Primeape
Fighting -> Fighting
Vital Spirit/Anger Point/Defiant -> Iron Fist
HP: 65 -> 65
Atk: 105 -> 150 (+45)
Def: 60 -> 75 (+15)
SpA: 60 -> 60
SpD: 70 -> 85 (+15)
Spe: 95 -> 120 (+25)
Total: 455 -> 555
Moves: +Mach Punch, +Drain Punch, +Meteor Mash

Mega Slowbro
Water/Psychic -> Water/Psychic
Oblivious/Own Tempo/Regenerator -> Slow Start
HP: 95 -> 90
Atk: 75 -> 109 (+34)
Def: 110 -> 140 (+30)
SpA: 100 -> 150 (+50)
SpD: 80 -> 95 (+15)
Spe: 30 -> 1 (-29)
Total: 490 -> 590

Last edited:
Decided to come up with two Golem designs, in opposite directions!

Abilities: Rock Head / Sturdy / Sand Veil -----> Hazardous (Rock and Ground Status moves gain +1 Priority)
BST: 80/120/130/55/65/45 -----> 80/130 (+10)/140 (+20)/75 (+20)/95 (+30)/65(+20)
Movepool: +Spikes, +Rapid Spin

This build has one goal: To lay down Stealth Rock and Spikes, and remove opposing hazards. (I originally wanted an ability that automatically summoned Stealth Rock when he switched in, but I thought that would be too weird.)

My more aggro Golem build is still under construction though. :/

Mega Primeape
Typing: Fighting ----> Fighting
Abilities: Vital Spirit/Anger Point/Defiant ----> Overcoat
BST: 65/105/60/60/70/95 ---> 65/130/105/65/115/75
New Moves: Slack Off, Knock Off, Glare

Think of this as a larger Primeape. With lots of fur. I could have used Fur Coat, but then I have a feeling we'll be seeing many other users of that in the future, so nah. The buffed defenses allows MegaPrime to utilize Bulk Up fairly well, plus Slack Off for instant recovery.

Mega Arcanine
Typing: Fire ----> Fire/Rock
Abilities: Intimidate/Flash Fire/Justified ----> Rock Head
BST: 90/110/80/100/80/95 ----> 90/140/90/125/85/125
New Moves: Head Smash

I based the possible design of MegaArca on the Chinese Guardian Lions, which should explain the Rock secondary typing. Basically, just click Flare Blitz/Head Smash/Wild Charge/whatever and everything dies. Granted, a Water or Ground move would still absolutely murder MegaArca, but hey, at least it's not too slow.

Mega Golem
Typing: Rock/Ground ----> Rock/Fighting
Abilities: Rock Head/Sturdy/Sand Veil ----> Brute (All attacking moves become physical)
BST: 80/120/130/55/65/45 ----> 80/140/160/75/105/35
New Moves: None

I just took a look at Golem's movepool, noticed the number of Fighting type moves, and there you go. Brute because please do tell me how a rock can breath fire (Incinerate, Flamethrower, Fire Blast) and yet can't wrap itself in fire and smash the opponent (Flare Blitz). Sigh. Anyways, Mega Golem got that added bulk on its previously meh Sp.Def and ramped that high Def EVEN HIGHER. The lack of x4 weakness helps, too.

Mega Slowbro
Typing: Water/Psychic ----> Water/Psychic
Abilities: Oblivious/Own Tempo/Regenerator ----> Oblivious
BST: 95/75/110/100/80/30 ----> 95/85/145/105/135/25
New Moves: Spikes, Roar

Seeing as everyone are going for the bulky attacker type of Slowbro, I went for a more supportive MegaBro. Oblivious is actually kind of useful; It lets you to stop Taunt without using something that might be too OP, like Magic Bounce. MegaBro now has ridiculous defenses, and can set up Spikes and phaze the opponents with Roar.

Primeape
Typing: Fighting -> Fighting
Abilities: Vital Spirit/Anger Point/Defiant > No Guard
BST: 65/105/60/60/70/95 > 65/135/85/85/95/120
New Moves: Knock Off, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch

No Guard makes Primeape like a better Machamp, and also makes it more viable in OU. Knock Off is an obvious addition, while Thunder Punch and Ice Punch give it more coverage.

Arcanine
Typing: Fire > Fire/Fighting
Abilities: Intimidate/Flash Fire/Justified > Flariate (Normal type moves become Fire type)
BST: 90/110/80/100/80/95 > 90/140/90/130/90/115

Fire/Fighting may seem a bad type, but it is actually a quite rare type combination, and will give Arcanine a good Close Combat boost. Flariate also allows ExtremeSpeed to be even more powerful.

Golem
Typing: Rock/Ground > Rock
Abilities: Rock Head/Sturdy/Sand Veil > Solid Rock
BST: 80/120/130/55/65/45 > 80/140/160/65/105/45

Being the Rock version of Mega Aggron may seem unoriginal, but Solid Rock will be perfect. Removing it's Ground type removes Earthquake STAB, but in exchange for many other weaknesses.

Primeape-Mega (PrimatePrimeapate)

Design Description: Primeape's hands become larger and muscular. Its body becomes darker, especially around its eyes, making it look extremely intimidating. It gains a few more braces in its wrist and grows a f%#n tail.

----->

Vital Spirit/Anger Point/Defiant -----> Guts

65/105/60/60/70/95 (455) -----> 65/145/75/70/85/115 (555)

New Moves:
Knock Off
Mach Punch

Let's face it. Primeape isn't all that bad to begin with. The only thing putting it out of the big leagues is its lacklustre Speed and getting burned by Ghost Types quite easily. Mega Primape counters both weaknesses. You can now switch in on a predicted Will-O-Wisp, Mega Evolve, Set Up and get to work. A Hone Claws set with Cross Chop, Knock Off and Iron Tail work amazingly well (Hone Claws Iron Tail KOs all Fairies, even ones with full investment in Defense and HP, who would otherwise wasily KO Primeape now with a 4x Weakness to Fairy). Defiant is a great ability for Primeape to have before Mega Evolving. The Dark Typing is justified by the fact that Primeape learns Judgement, a move mostly learned by Dark Types and also its Dex Entries stating that it has an uncontrollable anger.

Primeape (M) @ Primeapate
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Cross Chop
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail

Slowbro-Mega (Slowbronite)

Design Description: The Shell(der) on the back of Slowpoke's tail grows all the way up its back, making it a quadrupedal with a spiky back.

----->

Oblivious/Own Tempo/Regenerator -----> Hydro Turbine (Lightning Rod + Water Absorb)

95/75/110/100/80/30 -----> 95/95/140/115/105/40

New Moves:
Thunderbolt
Thunder

Slowbro's main role was to act as a Pivot, utilizing Regenerator and its superb bulk. I don't understand why people keep giving it defensive abilities or the abilities from OU Theorymon (I'm looking at you Simple), when the thread's idea is to create a new role for the Pokémon's Mega. So, let's try to be more creative.

Mega Slowbro takes a different, offensive role. While its ability is a bit overpowered, Slowbro needs that kind of power to be able to function as a good Special Sweeper. Its Ability also gives it an important immunity to Electric Type Moves. The New Moves learned are also according to the flavor.

Slowbro (M) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 96 SDef
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast

Slowbro (M) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Trick Room
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Fire Blast

Golem-Mega (Golemite)

Design Description: Golem's hands and feet become rock-like. Its shell becomes whole without crack in the middle. Its is now able to move only by rolling.

----->

Rock Head/Sturdy/Sand Veil -----> Rocky Hide (Solid Rock + Iron Barbs)

80/120/130/55/65/45 (495) ------> 80/150/180/65/95/25 (595)

New Moves:
Rocky Shield (Spiky Shield clone: 1/16th Damage against Physical Fighting, Grass, Ground, Steel and Water Type Contact Moves; 1/4th Damage against Physical Fire, Flying, Normal and Poison Type Contact Moves; 1/8th Damage against all other Physical Contact Moves)

Mega Golem is basically Mega Aggron, only better in making Physical Attackers pay. Phenomenal Defense coupled with an amazing Defensive ability makes in a nuisance for Physical Attackers. But it still has the unlucky Rock typing, which is weak to a whole lot of common attacking moves. It can also dish out pain with its aggressive Attack Stat using a Curse moveset late-game.

Golem @ Golemite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Atk
Careful Nature
- Rocky Shield
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Roar

Golem @ Golemite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball

Arcanine-Mega (Arcanate)

Design Description: Arcanine's body, where the orange color is, now blazes uncontrollably on fire. It becomes more furrier and its teeth grow sharper and longer.

----->

Intimidate/Flash Fire/Justified -----> Berseker (Physical Recoil moves will always lower the opponent's Defense)

90/110/80/100/80/95 (555) -----> 90/135/95/125/95/115 (655)

New Moves:
Light Charge (95 Power, 100% Accuracy, 1/3rd Recoil Damage, 10% chance to lower opponent's Accuracy)

Of all the things, Arcanine is one that didn't need a Mega Evolution to be good. While many Pokémon reach 555 BST after Mega Evolving, Arcanine is already there. As for my submission, Mega Arcanine puts the 'break' in Stallbreak. It comes in with Intimidate, almost always forcing the opponent to switch. Then it can spam its dual STABS Flare Blitz/Light Charge, not even caring about resistances (Also gets Wild Charge for a good measure). When it dies, it would either have taken down a wall or put holes in many pivots. Extreme Speed also helps it adequately to take down a weakened foe quicker than it, thanks to the reduced Defense. It has access to Morning Sun for recovery on the damage as well, for what it's worth. So a bulky EV spread maximizes its utility, although an Offensive spread would be required to break through prominent walls.

Finally, I understand how people see Arcanine gaining a Dragon type. But I figured, since its Dex entries state that it has been admired by people for its elegant style and that it has been around for a very long time, Fairy would suit it better. Also, there is a serious lack of Fairies with intimidating looks (Mega Mawile and maybe Granbull being the only ones as of now).

Arcanine @ Arcanate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
- Light Charge
- Extreme Speed

Arcanine @ Arcanate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
- Light Charge
- Extreme Speed

Last edited:
Mega Primeape
Typing: Fighting ----> Fighting
Abilities: Vital Spirit/Anger Point/Defiant ----> Defiant
BST: 65/105/60/60/70/95 ---> 65/145/95/60/75/115
Moves: +Knock Off

Built to be "your worst nightmare" defiant abuser (defiant is a wonderful ability, not sure what you guys are talking about.) With how threatening a +2 145/115 Pokemon is, your opponent may just opt to leave your hazards up. 145 attack is enough to OHKO Mega-Scizor 100% of the time with a +2, adamant natured close combat; 95 defense dodges the OHKO from Skarmory's Brave Bird and helps out with priority in general. 115 is a very awkward speed tier for Primeape as with a without a timid nature, a lot can revenge kill you, but with it, you miss some valuable KO's. This is the counterweight that balances out his demanding presence on any hazard stacking team.

Mega Slowbro
Typing: Water/Psychic ----> Water/Psychic
Abilities: Oblivious/Own Tempo/Regenerator ----> Trace
BST: 95/75/110/100/80/30 ----> 95/110/150/110/95/30

A viable Pokemon that can use trace both offensively and defensively? Yes please! 150 defense and 110 attack gives you the ability to switch in on Mawile/Azu and have a field day with huge power. I'm not even gonna bother to write any more, there's just so much shit you can pull off with trace + amazing mixed stats. Poison Heal Gliscor, immunity abilities, trolling CM unaware Clefable, dedicated Aerilate/Pixelate counter with return, etc. - it's all just so beautiful.

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Okay, time to do something unconventional:

Mega Golem:
Rock/Ground --> Rock/Fire
Ability: Sturdy/Rock Head/Sand Veil --> Sturdy (or maybe Solid Rock? Unsure on this)
BST: 80/120/130/55/65/45 (495) --> 80(+0)/140(+20)/170(+40)/75(+20)/85(+20)/45(+0) (595)
Weight: 300 kg --> 450 kg
New moves: Shell Smash, Fire Punch (Gen. V tutor move already), Heat Crash.
Appearance: Like before, but its shell is charred black and the cracks glow, as if Golem is full of magma (which, coincidentally, is now the case).

Say hello to the Pokémon Magcargo wishes it could be. Or, well, it still has a pitiful Speed and mediocre Sp.Def, but fewer overall weaknesses and a few more resistances, plus a Heat Crash that would put a dent in most other Pokémon. It has 120 BP and no drawbacks when facing Pokémon weighing less than 90 kg, which means anything lighter than Chesnaught is in for a nasty surprise. Shell Smash allows it to sacrifice some of its Defense (of which it has plenty on the physical side, and so little that the difference won't be noticeable on the special side), to boost its Attack to terrifying levels and Speed to barely passable levels. It might not be the strongest Mega out there, but it will hit your foes hard, and be a somewhat capable wall in the lower tiers.

So... Arcanine is majestic as hell. Is not dragon meant for such a mythical representation? Just look at Mega sheep.

Arcanine
Type: Fire>>>Fire/Dragon
Ability: Flash Fire/Intimidate/Justified>>>Strong Jaw
Stats: 90/110/80/100/80/95>>>90/135/85/125/85/115
New Moves: Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Calm Mind

There's little Arcanine can do to abuse it's new type offensively... defensively, Dragon is a huge boon as it negates Water and has it's fairy and ice negated, leaving Ground/Rock/Dragon weaknesses. While not good, it's manageble, and after an Intimidate on the right foe, you can set a sweep as needed, or use a special set. Lacking Sacred Fire ensures it doesn't run into Entei's turf!
He does get Outrage and Dragon Pulse tho.

Primeape (Primapite)

Type: Fighting -> Fighting/Dark
Abilities: Vital Spirit, Anger Point (Defiant) -> Sheer Force
New Moves: Dark Pulse, Fire Blast, Play Rough

HP: 65 -> 65
Atk: 105 -> 130(+25)
Def: 60 -> 60
SpA: 60 -> 110(+50)
SpD: 70 -> 75 (+5)
Spe: 95 -> 115 (+20)
BST: 455 -> 555

It gets Dark Pulse because the move is described as "a horrible aura imbued with dark thoughts". Primape's a ball of anger and hatred, and according to the Pokédex: "It is always outrageously furious. If it gives chase, it will tenaciously track the target no matter how far."
This manifests itself as a Dark typing. With Sheer Force, usable SpA, and an incredibly wide movepool (damaging moves of every type but Steel, Water, and Psychic), Mega Primeape is an amazing mixed sweeper.
It also gets Bulk Up if you want to roll with that.

FLUFFY!!! Arcanine (Arcanite)
Type: Fire -> Fire/Dark
Abilities: Intimidate, Flash Fire (Justified) -> Strong Jaw
New Moves: Poison Fang, Heal Bell

HP: 90 -> 90
Atk: 110 -> 130 (+20)
Def: 80 -> 100 (+20)
SpA: 100 -> 110 (+10)
SpD: 80 -> 130 (+50)
Spe: 95 -> 95
BST: 555 -> 655

Arcanine needs either more speed or more bulk to go along with its increased power. I see it more interesting to try and work with its bulk instead of just bumping it up a few speed tiers.
The Ghost and Dark resists are incredibly useful in OU, and it makes a perfect check to Aegislash (fears Sacred Sword). Strong Jaw is a very fitting ability for Arcanine. It already gets Crunch, Fire Fang and Thunder Fang, and it honestly needs to have moves that don't hurt itself (Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, Close Combat to a degree) to work with its solid bulk.
The idea is to start with Intimidate and then go Mega, where the extra bulk really comes in handy so you'll definitely get some hard hits in. Or you could switch into a weak Dark attack with Justified and recieve an Attack boost.
Mega Arcanie is an even fluffier Arcanine with a little bell on its collar (explaining access to Heal Bell).

Golem (Golemite)
Type: Rock/Ground -> Rock/Ground
Abilities: Rock Head, Sturdy (Sand Veil) -> Tough Claws
New Moves: Spikes, Rapid Spin, Head Smash

HP: 80 -> 80
Atk: 120 -> 150 (+30)
Def: 130 -> 150 (+20)
SpA: 55 -> 55
SpD: 65 -> 105 (+40)
Spe: 45 -> 55 (+10)
BST: 495 -> 595

With increased Speed and Attack along with its new ability, Golem has potential to pull off a sweep. Rock Polish allows it to outspeed all base 140 and below (base 77 scarfers) if Adamant. Head Smash is there for STAB boosted by Tough Claws. Golem has a lot of coverage options that receive the boost, like Fire Punch, Thunderpunch, Superpower, and even Sucker Punch for priority. Other options include Curse and Power-up Punch or a defensive set with Spikes, Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin, Roar, or Toxic. Mega Golem is versatile, a team player and a force to be reckoned with.

Last edited:
H'okay! My turn!

Golem
Rock/Ground
Rock Head/Sturdy/Sand Veil -> Speed Boost
80/120/130/55/65/45 -> 80/130/150/65/75/95

Picture this! Golem is essentially a rock ball with a head and appendages, right? It can choose to roll around all over the place, right? What if its a Mega Form capitalizes on that? It decides to just roll around everywhere and keep gaining more and more speed as it goes. So, I decided to maximize its speed (by dumping 50 points immediately to it) and give it minimal boosts to its attacking stats as well as increased its defenses.

Arcanine
Fire
Intimidate/Flash Fire/Justified -> Flareate (Fire version of Pixilate)
90/110/80/100/80/95 -> 90/130/110/120/110/95

This thing. Well, it started off by realizing that Extreme Speed was originally Arcanine's signature move. So, let it be the only Pokemon that can potentially get -ate off of it. I decided not to boost its attack by much and I didn't boost its speed at all (not that it needs it too much). Instead I gave it a hearty boost to its defenses. It has Morning Sun and Will-O-Wisp. It now works more like a Tank.

Slowbro
Water/Psychic
Oblivious/Own Tempo/Regenerator -> Unaware
95/75/110/100/80/30 -> 95/95/140/130/110/20

I was trying to find something unique for Slowbro...but I failed. So here's Unaware Mega Slowbro. Hope you enjoy.

Primeape
Fighting/Dark
Vital Spirit/Anger Point/Defiant -> Moxie
65/105/60/60/70/95 -> 65/145/70/60/80/135
Moves: +Knock Off

Simple enough. Primeape hates living things. It gets angry. Upon Mega Evolution it now gets a massive boost to its two main stats. Every time it gets a KO it then gets even more POWER! It just hates everything so it gets a Dark Type and it hates items too so it gets Knock Off. However, it focuses so much on trying to stop everything that it does really leave much for protecting itself and can easily be taken out by any strong move.

Last edited:
DineshThePoet said:
Arcanine-Mega (Arcanate)

Design Description: Arcanine's body, where the orange color is, now blazes uncontrollably on fire. It becomes more furrier and its teeth grow sharper and longer.

Intimidate/Flash Fire/Justified -----> Berseker (Physical Recoil moves will always lower the opponent's Defense, but will do 33% more Recoil Damage)

90/110/80/100/80/95 (555) -----> 90/150/90/130/90/105(655)

New Moves:
Light Charge (95 Power, 100% Accuracy, 1/3rd Recoil Damage, 10% chance to lower opponent's Accuracy)

Of all the things, Arcanine is one that didn't need a Mega Evolution to be viable. While many Pokémon reach 555 BST after Mega Evolving, Arcanine is already there. As for my submission, Mega Arcanine puts the 'break' in Stallbreak. It dies quicker than Staraptor, but also kills better than it. It comes it with Intimidate, almost always forcing the opponent to switch. Then it can spam its dual STABS Flare Blitz/Light Charge, not even caring about resistances. When it dies, it would either have taken down a wall or put holes in many pivots. Extreme Speed also helps it adequately to take down a weakened foe quicker than it, thanks to the reduced Defense. It has access to Morning Sun for recover on the damage as well, for what it's worth. So a bulky EV spread maximizes its utility, although an Offensive spread would be required to break through prominent walls.

Finally, I understand how people see Arcanine gaining a Dragon type. But I figured, since its Dex entries state that it has been admired by people for its elegant style and that it has been around for a very long time, Fairy would suit it better. Also, there is a serious lack of Fairies with intimidating looks (Mega Mawile and maybe Granbull being the only ones as of now).
IMO not every single Mega needs an exclusive ability. Reckless would work just as well for your Mega Arcanine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)