XY Little Cup Tournament R5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, and welcome to the first official XY Little Cup Tournament! After a number of these were hosted last gen, it is evident that this is one of the best ways to find who are the overall strongest players in the tier, both newbies and veterans! I'd like to see as much participation as possible with this event; let's kick off this generation (even if it's been a few months now) right!!

This tournament will follow the standard LC rules:

Little Cup Rules:
Pokémon:
Players are allowed a team of up to 6 Pokémon that meet the following conditions:
  • The Pokémon must be able to evolve.
  • The Pokémon must be the earliest evolution stage obtainable.
  • The Pokémon must be at Level 5.
  • The Pokémon must not be on the Ubers list.
Ubers - The following are banned from use in Little Cup:
  • Gligar, Scyther, Sneasel, Swirlix, Tangela, Yanma, Meditite, Murkrow
Abilities and Moves:

Abilities: Moody is banned. Due to the fact that not all Pokemon are currently available with their Hidden Abilities, please check here when using Hidden Abilities.

Moves: Pokémon in Little Cup can use (nearly) any move available to them at Level 5. All non-genderless Pokemon can use their level-up moves, and genderless Pokemon can use any 3rd generation level-up move in conjunction with any TMs. Sonicboom, Dragon Rage, and Swagger are banned moves. Further information on illegal move combinations is located here.

Battle Mechanics:
  • Species Clause - Only one Pokémon may be on a team from each species.
  • Sleep Clause - Only one Pokémon can be put to sleep by an opponent at a time, per team.
  • OHKO Clause - Moves that score a guaranteed "One-hit-KO" on the opponent, such as Sheer Cold, Horn Drill, Guillotine, or Fissure, are banned.
  • Evasion Clause - Moves that boost evasion (i.e. Double Team and Minimize) are not allowed.
  • EVs: Contrary to some beliefs, it has been proven that even with a level 5 baby, any EV spread is possible on any Pokémon. Thus, the standard in game maximum of 255 EVs per stat, 510 EVs total is the only limitation on EVs in Little Cup

For an even more complete list of rules and resources, please check here.

Tournament format and specific rules:
  • The tournament will be single elimination
  • Each round will be a best of 3. You may use the same team for all 3 matches or you may change your team for each battle. You may use different teams between rounds.
  • Sign-ups will be open for as long as I see fit, with my baseline estimate being about 3 days. We will use the traditional first-come, first-serve format.
  • Whatever current LC banlist is in effect at the start of the round will be used for that round. I will make this clear in my post for each round!
  • Move / ability legality will be determined by cartridge and not client; that is, if PS! allows something at level 5 that is not actually possible on a cartridge and this is abused knowingly or unknowingly, that player will be disqualified.
Viktor24 v fitzy72
majaspic22 v Calloflochie
Laga v Heysup
Kebabe
v Kavatika

This is what I did. If you won, you won. If you posted in R3 at all and your opponent didn't, you won. If neither you nor your opponent did anything in this thread, I picked randomly. Don't contest any of my fucking calls, I don't care (unless I explicitly marked down the wrong winner).

Deadline: 05/29

Just do your matches.

Last edited:

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
the amazing innovation of sd pass mienfoo + protect fish destroyed me in the last game

that's what i get for knowing nothing about lc :{|} amazing games btw sry for the hax in my favor

won in 3 really close games. The last one I thought I was going to get paralyzed like 81231 times in a row but I managed to pull the BP off and get the win....nail biter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)