Media One Piece (spoilers!)

So I guess let's just give pica a giant fucking katana so that Zoro fighting him makes more sense? lol what is this.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So I guess let's just give pica a giant fucking katana so that Zoro fighting him makes more sense? lol what is this.
whats weird about a villain having the most common weapon in one piece (some form of a sword / blade)

seriously look at half the combatants in this series...they have something related to a blade :X

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
i think it's more of the fact that he's been punching and shit the entire time but all of sudden he randomly has a huge ass sword from somewhere

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
whats weird about a villain having the most common weapon in one piece (some form of a sword / blade)

seriously look at half the combatants in this series...they have something related to a blade :X
I feel like theres an equal ratio of both guns/ and swords, speaking of weapons, but that is true, there are alot of characters with swords or blades that were antagonists. However, in regards to the chapter, it was a pretty solid chapter, Zoro vs Pica is going to be great, Im not sure whos going to take on Diamante or Trebol (Sabo and Franky respectively) but we'll see how that goes. The ending was pretty shocking to say the least, I feel that for some odd reason, the Ope Ope might have something to do with Corazon and Law, Corazon helping Law in the past. I find it odd that Doflamingo didn't mention killing his brother in the last chapter when he spoke about his blood family. I gotta say the "Brother motif or theme" is really interesting, Luffy reuniting with his brother, Doflamingo killing his. Oda's been very vocal about that which I've enjoyed. I hope he gets well soon, the man really deserves a rest.

CrushinDefeat

Maybe he no longer considers him a brother. o_O

And yea nice point to take a 2 week break, hype intensifies.
Great point Victini, never saw it this way. Maybe Corazon was stronger than Doflamingo, or maybe Corazon killed his mother, but thats a bit odd since he would have been younger than Doflamingo. I have a feeling Corazon must have been the original doctor of the Donquixote Family.I just have two quick questions thoughts.

1. If Corazon was the leader of the Heart Seat, we can assume that Law was an Executive Officer, but he must have had more, could they have been the remaining Heart Pirates(minus Jean Bart, who was a slave or pirate captain at the time 13 years ago). I wonder if Corazon was the original Ope Ope no Mi user, but we'll have to wait in two weeks :c. Get Better Oda <3

2. If Luffy hit Pica with a Gomu Gomu no Grizzly Magnum( which was absolutely stunning) shouldn't Pica have fallen apart completely, if we're to assume Pica is in control of his body Luffy used Haki to hit him, Idk Im just confused with this, shouldnt this have shattered the whole Rock Golem, since keep in mind getting a Haki Gear 3rd Bazooka is not easy to take head first, I'd have thought Pica would have crumbled completely, then re-assembled, but I guess it makes sense like this.

Bull of Heaven

Luffy didn't actually hit Pica; he hit a fake stone head. Pica's real body was in a different part of the golem. That's presumably why the whole golem didn't crumble, and is why Pica himself was unharmed.

CrushinDefeat

Just had this thought occur, we've seen devil fruits counter act each other before, Examples include Aokiji's Hie Hie No Mi against Ace's Mera Mera no Mi, Enel's Goro Goro no Mi against Luffy's Gomu Gomu no Mi. It seems extremely obvious, but do you guys believe that Doflamingo's Ito Ito no Mi is countered by Leo's Nui Nui no Mi. I feel that Leo can't be harmed by Dofflamingo since the moment string gets near him, he should be able to stitch it. As odd as it sounds does anyone think Leo may play a factor in Dofflamino's downfall, and in regards to that do you feel that Bellamy may contribute to Dofflamingo's down fall?

Just had this thought occur, we've seen devil fruits counter act each other before, Examples include Aokiji's Hie Hie No Mi against Ace's Mera Mera no Mi, Enel's Goro Goro no Mi against Luffy's Gomu Gomu no Mi. It seems extremely obvious, but do you guys believe that Doflamingo's Ito Ito no Mi is countered by Leo's Nui Nui no Mi. I feel that Leo can't be harmed by Dofflamingo since the moment string gets near him, he should be able to stitch it. As odd as it sounds does anyone think Leo may play a factor in Dofflamino's downfall, and in regards to that do you feel that Bellamy may contribute to Dofflamingo's down fall?
Hmm, that's a really interesting idea. I doubt Leo can actually defeat Donflamingo, even with his ability, but I wouldn't be surprised if his ability helped Luffy win in a sort of Deux Ex moment. Luffy VS Donflamingo should be interesting in that it seems the Ito Ito no Mi can be really sharp and dangerous for a rubber man.

As for Bellamy, who knows? He's been loyally devoted to Donflamingo since his first time onscreen and in exchange has gotten the crap kicked out of him and has been forced to not only fight his crew, but to kill Luffy. Bellamy probably isn't loyal to Donflamingo after Dellinger tried to assassinate him. It should be fun to see what he does :)

CrushinDefeat

Hmm, that's a really interesting idea. I doubt Leo can actually defeat Donflamingo, even with his ability, but I wouldn't be surprised if his ability helped Luffy win in a sort of Deux Ex moment. Luffy VS Donflamingo should be interesting in that it seems the Ito Ito no Mi can be really sharp and dangerous for a rubber man.

As for Bellamy, who knows? He's been loyally devoted to Donflamingo since his first time onscreen and in exchange has gotten the crap kicked out of him and has been forced to not only fight his crew, but to kill Luffy. Bellamy probably isn't loyal to Donflamingo after Dellinger tried to assassinate him. It should be fun to see what he does :)
I agree, I don't think Leo will take him out, he will probably help Luffy, but I feel like if Doffy's string were to touch Leo it would just stick to him or Leo could effectively grab it and sew it to something. I feel like Bellamy may do the same and help Luffy defeat Doflamingo. None the less, its going to suck not having a chapter until two weeks, but Oda comes first c: <3

Just watched the anime version of Dressrosa arc and can't help notice that Luffy is kinda attached to Bellamy for no reason at all.. Could he be the next nakama?

CrushinDefeat

Just watched the anime version of Dressrosa arc and can't help notice that Luffy is kinda attached to Bellamy for no reason at all.. Could he be the next nakama?
I mean its not that kind of attachment you think of, He likes Bellamy's attitude now because of how he has become also, Luffy recognizes him. When you have Cavendish, Chinjao, Jesus Burgess, and others breathing down your neck its good to run into an initial enemy even if you have ruined their life. I don't see Bellamy as a Nakama at all but I will say that the last anime episode was good, but I am very disappointed with the following. 1. Hawk Rifle doesn't "ignite" like Red Hawk, which leads me to believe that Haki isn't elemental, and 2nd. El Thor Elephant Gun didn't spark it only sparked on collusion which was again annoying, I think it would be great to expand Armament Haki into different elements, its Color of Armament Haki. I think there could be an emphasis on the colors, we have black now that usually depicts Haki, but what about Rayleighs or the 3 Admirals. Im rambling right now, apologies.

CrushinDefeat

I think the match up between Fujitora and Sabo is going to tear the roof off the cage( quite literally). Its interesting to see how their power levels will compare with each other. Also in regards towards Franky vs Senor Pink, I would like to see this as a full fight as well, solely because for what its worth the way these two are just interesting. The pairing of Franky and Senor Pink works very well, the tension between the two is heavy, Franky (who is running low on fuel) needs to find away or weakness around Senor Pinks Sui Sui No Mi ( I had a theory that if Franky soaked the ground around him with water Senor Pink can go into it but most likely will cause him to stick into the surface because of the water canceling the devil fruits effect out. It looks like we're seeing Zoro vs Pica, Franky vs Senor Pink, Sabo vs Fujitora, and that leaves us with Law and Luffy vs Doflamingo. Im not sure how the situation may occur, but I have a feeling Law may turn on Luffy if the two are fighting one another or Doffy could potentially Parasite Law and have the captains as enemies. At this point Im desperate to see Sanji and the rest of the Straw Hats. I want to know if the ship was taken over, if Big Mom is there, if they reached Zo or not. Im wondering how Law's group has progressed as well. Jean Bart for the win! The chapter has me excited for the next one. Good to see you back Oda!

Last edited:
Im not sure how the situation may occur, but I have a feeling Law may turn on Luffy if the two are fighting one another or Doffy could potentially Parasite Law and have the captains as enemies.
I'm sort of hoping that Luffy gets the parasite treatment, it would be quite entertaining. Anyways, we've all seen what happens when you try to put Luffy in a cage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)