Official NBA 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

Aww Sterling is backing down, shame as that would've been an entertaining legal fight. Though I don't see him selling to Magic no matter the price.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Aww Sterling is backing down, shame as that would've been an entertaining legal fight. Though I don't see him selling to Magic no matter the price.
he isn't in charge, he ceded control to his wife. i don't think magic will get it anyway, if that ellison / oprah / geffen trio is legit they'll outbid him. that yao + chinese investors group is intriguing too since the NBA wants to expand into asia.

Geffen alone could by the team, the stadium they're in, and possibly the Lakers with his wealth XD

Though I thought the most funny ones wanting to make a run implausibly was Frankie Munz, imagine it being owned by Malcolm in the Middle. Though those Oprah memes that sprung up after she said she was interested were funny too.

Memo to Stephenson and anyone else ever participating in athletics: don't give your opponent bulletin board material before a big game.

The Pacers are embarrassing to be this bad in the ECF. I'm actually rooting for Miami to Win and i'm a Heat-Hater. Stephenson talking his ass off like he's a SUPERSTAR, Hibbert disappearing once again, George not playing well enough. David West is the only one ballin for that team. How this team made it this far, to then play like this ? It's beyond me.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
The Pacers are embarrassing to be this bad in the ECF. I'm actually rooting for Miami to Win and i'm a Heat-Hater. Stephenson talking his ass off like he's a SUPERSTAR, Hibbert disappearing once again, George not playing well enough. David West is the only one ballin for that team. How this team made it this far, to then play like this ? It's beyond me.
They were playing like this all playoffs. Two words though: Eastern conference

I hate the Pacers so much, and watching them crumble has been my favorite part of the playoffs. The best part is they did it to themselves; Roy "Y'all motherfuckers don't watch us play" Hibbert crying for some attention only to disappear from the stat sheet, Lance Stephenson trying (and failing miserably) to get at Lebron off the court because lord knows he can't compete with him on it, and Paul George doing anything but stepping up and being the leader this team needs. What a disgrace.

I think the pacers actually have more talent than LeBron and the Heat, it's just that they have 0 chemistry. All of the players are cocky bastards who play for themselves and not for their teams. Players are being lazy and not producing just for the fun of it. I don't really consider the Pacers a "team" they're more like a "group of guys"

I think the pacers actually have more talent than LeBron and the Heat, it's just that they have 0 chemistry. All of the players are cocky bastards who play for themselves and not for their teams. Players are being lazy and not producing just for the fun of it. I don't really consider the Pacers a "team" they're more like a "group of guys"
I don't know about the talent part, but it takes a team effort to beat he Heat. Just take a page from the Mavericks back when they beat them. Too much finger pointing and trash talking for the Pacers to think about a comeback. But how about OKC? Did Ibaka have the game of his career or what? Doe's anybody smell a comeback or will Pop's put his foot on their throat tonight?

Memo to Stephenson and anyone else ever participating in athletics: don't give your opponent bulletin board material before a big game.
The thing is that when it works out, you get to talk shit for life. Jason Terry tattooed the Mavs winning a championship onto his body the year it happened at the start of the year. He went balls deep on life.

I don't know about the talent part, but it takes a team effort to beat he Heat. Just take a page from the Mavericks back when they beat them. Too much finger pointing and trash talking for the Pacers to think about a comeback. But how about OKC? Did Ibaka have the game of his career or what? Doe's anybody smell a comeback or will Pop's put his foot on their throat tonight?
Maybe, as a thunder fan I can see the thunder taking it in 7. They were struggling for a few games to find a correct lineup, but they finally did now that Ibaka's back. Also I'm glad Reggie Jackson is getting more time. That kid has been playing well especially in game 3.

Maybe, as a thunder fan I can see the thunder taking it in 7. They were struggling for a few games to find a correct lineup, but they finally did now that Ibaka's back. Also I'm glad Reggie Jackson is getting more time. That kid has been playing well especially in game 3.
They get the win tonight then it'll be a whole new series in my opinion. Not an easy team to beat in San Antonio you know Pop's is going to have them ready to play. I'm a die hard Laker's fan but I can't help but like OKC mainly because of Durant. He's the ultimate professional and the dude can ball. It would be nice to see him get stronger but who would want to do anything to mess with that pretty jumper?

Spurs is in full force and this? Dunno, Ibaka's calf and now Reggie's ankles are falling, but still this... Thunder in 6. 2012 repeat!

lol Russ is just annoying to play against. I think i'd be ready to punch him in the face not because he did anything illegal but damn man they couldn't do shit without Russ breathing down their neck. Just like the commercial says, man quick ain't fair.

It is interesting how this years' finals will be yet another rematch if you consider the last two years and their representatives from the west. I don't see the Pacers coming out of a 3-1 hole, and whoever is left standing between the Spurs/Thunder will probably be too tired to take out the Heat, giving them the 3 peat (which would've been an unprecedented 4 if Mavericks didn't play spoiler in 2011). Don't really see all of the Heat sticking all together again, and even if they do Wade is only getting older, and Bosh tends to disappear too much.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pacers showing some life in the third quarter! I thought they were done at half time. Lebron is in crazy foul trouble, he's got 5 in 13 minutes. Pretty sure his only score was that alley oop to start the game. I'm by no means his biggest fan but I've felt the refs are really against him here. George somehow got the charge call when he had the worst position (screen off one foot, falling over before he was hit), soft call on hibbert's put-back just after half time. And stephenson literally grabbed him around the waist to stop him getting a loose ball but he still got the call against him. Allen, wade and bosh have been scoring well and good to see lewis play some good D but pacers are finally making this a game worth watching!

Heat for 3 peat!

Also rather interesting, $2 billion for the Clippers, a traditionally horrible franchise in terms of play...dunno if Sterling is actually suffering from dementia or if it's some yes men doctors telling his wife what she wants to hear, but this is kinda why you finish divorcing them in his case so they can't do a sale behind you like that...obviously she's loving it, $1 billion will be hers alone. Makes you wonder if she hired that black chick in the first place to act as Sterling's girlfriend instead of Magic lol.

That and I see the Supersonics coming back, I highly doubt Ballmer is buying the Clippers just to keep them in LA considering he was pushing so hard to get the Kings. Not like California needs all 4 teams, 3 is plenty of in-fighting, especially when 2 share an arena. So it's a win-win-win if you're not Sterling; Seattle will likely see a team coming back in the near future, NBA is happy for a new owner (and one who doesn't mind the hate coming his way to move the team), and rich people get rich.

Wonder if the lawsuits he's filing will delay it at all...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)