Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked the list in the OP, what happened to Cloyster exactly? It was crossed out the last time I checked, and we appeared to have skipped over it as well during this batch. Did someone reserve it and not complete it, and if so, will the next batch include it?

EDIT: Someone a few pages back said they also completed Exceggutor, was it approved?
We probably just have yet to get to them. Acestriker needed a day off so we havent really been going through reserved megas today but we'll most likely resume tomorrow.

My Megas, let me show you them.

Dodrio

Dodrio
Typing: Normal / Flying -----> Normal / Flying
Abilities: Run Away / Early Bird / Tangled Feet ------> Three Heads (Increases the power of Head-based moves and triple moves by 50%)
60/110/70/60/60/100 -----> 60 /120 (+10) / 90 (+20) / 100 (+40) / 80 (+20) / 110 (+10)
New Moves: Triple Kick, Head Smash, Iron Head

I decided to go away from making a Parental Bond/Skill Link clone and instead made a Strong Jaws clone! I R KREATIB. The stat distribution is so that Dodrio can go mixed with STAB Tri-attack (since it would be so boring to make it another Physical-oriented glass cannon.)

Dewgong

Dewgong

Typing: Water / Ice -----> Water / Ice
Abilities: Thick Fat / Hydration / Ice Body -----> Serene Grace
BST: 90/70/80/70/95/70 -----> 90/ 80 (+10) / 100 (+20) / 110 (+30) / 115 (+20) / 90 (+20)
New moves: Freeze Dry, Slack Off

I think that Dewgong definitely falls under the "graceful" pokemon that deserves to get Serene Grace. (See: Togekiss, Jirachi, Blissey). It def. needs to get a tech upgrade via Freeze Dry, and why doesn't something this fat get Slack Off?

Muk

Muk

Typing: Poison -----> Poison / Steel
Abilities: Stench / Sticky Hold / Poison Touch ------> Gooey
105/105/75/65/100/50 -----> 105 / 105 / 115 (+40) / 85 (+10) / 120 (+20) / 80 (+30)
New Moves: +Autotomize, +Meteor Mash, + Metal Burst

Holy crap Muk gets really shitty ass abilities. Weezing and Gengar totally stole all the good ones, man. Gooey is a perfect fit for Muk though. I made him Poison/Steel because in my head, Mega-Muk becomes industrial waste who ate up leaking batteries and stuff. As the embodiment of the perils of industrialization, it makes sense that he'd be totally hating on Fairies, nature's guardians (4x resist!). Mega-Muk can be built to be a tank or a set-up sweeper with Autotomize.

Hypno

Hypno

Typing: Psychic -----> Psychic/Dark
Abilities: Insomnia / Forewarn / Inner Focus ------> Bad Dreams
85/73/70/73/115/67 -----> 85 / 93 (+20) / 100 (+30) / 83 (+10) / 125 (+10) / 87 (+30)
New Moves: Dark Void

Look, it's a mini-Darkrai!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Typing: Normal/Flying >> Ground/Flying
Abilities: Run Away / Early Bird / Tangled Feet >> Reckless
BST: 60/110/70/60/60/100 >> 60/130/70/70/70/150
New Moves: Drill Run, High Jump Kick, Double Edge

I'm well aware that I recommended people to emphasize on Dodrio's triple head aspect. After all, it's quite the obvious trait. But given how these heads aren't known for co-operating, giving it an ability that makes them attack individually wouldn't make as much sense flavor-wise, which is a sour realisation to have at this point. But there are plenty of options to go with that as well. Reckless is something that Staraptor already has made viable, and for Dodrio, it's a most appropriate pick. Boosting its Brave Bird and High Jump Kick to higher levels, it'll be quite the threat to face, and since I've always seen it as a bird close to earth, its ground retyping felt appropriate (as others have demonstrated as well).

But in order to avoid making it too powerful, its strongest ground attack is Drill Run, and the rest of its movepool will remain barren. While Double Edge seems nice, do rememeber that its loss of Normal type removes its STAB on it, making it just a general 'coverage' move for neutral damage. Basically, M-Dodrio is a glass cannon. Fast, strong, and absolutely HATES ice shards.

Typing: Water/Ice >> Water/Ice
Abilities: Thick Fat / Hydration / Ice Body >> Refrigerate
BST: 90/70/80/70/95/70 >> 90/120/100/70/115/80
New Moves: Double-Edge, Mega Horn, Slack Off

Dewgong was one of the more general picks of the bunch, and so, giving it a role it can perform well was bit of tricky. But with Refrigerate and Double-Edge, this frosty seal can punch a bunch of holes in opposing walls, and aptly recover with Slack Off (have you seen its dex entries? Slacking is almost all it does). With Mega Horn and Aqua Tail alonside its chilling nuke button, this ocean dweller will be sure to tank a few hits and return the damage twofold.

Typing: Poison >> Poison
Abilities: Stench / Sticky Hold / Poison Touch >> Water Absorb
BST: 105/105/75/65/100/50 >> 105/135/75/95/130/50
New Moves: Giga Drain, Wild Charge

This giant turd of toxic waste will with this Mega-evo target something that's always threatening teams: Water types. Specially offensive, preferrably. While Water Absorb and Storm Drain already exists on many mons, all of them may struggle with their opponents coverage moves, be it Ice, Electric, or Grass. Muk, being a Poison type, doesn't fear the first two, and can easily shrug off the third, making it an admirable opponent against his moist foes. With that said, Muk can still perform well even without water behind the enemy lines. His special bulk is immense, and since most special attackers have a weaker defense stat, Muk will handle them just fine with a powerful Gunk Shot and Shadow Sneak as priority.

Typing: Psychic >> Psychic/Dark
Abilities: Insomnia / Forewarn / Inner Focus >> Insomnia
BST: 85/73/70/73/115/67 >> 85/123/90/93/135/57
New Moves: Heal Bell, Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse

I quickly realised that, while sleep is a most central piece of hypno's theme, it's very hard to build a Pokemon around that abuses it. Particularly so as Darkrai already exists. Instead, I wanted my M-Hypno submission to be centered around one thing: unpredictability. Hypno has an immensely large movepool at its disposal, and with this build, I hope that I will have the opponent guessing for what strategy it may run. Is it a physical brute utilising a strong Sucker Punch? A Trick Room sweeper? A special wallbreaker with Nasty Plot? Or something entirely different? One thing's for sure, Hypno will keep you on your toes.

Last edited:
Dodrio-Mega (Dodrionite)

Normal/Flying ------> Dark/Flying

Run Away/Early Bird/Tangled Feet -----> Tri-charge (All Physical Attacks will hit 3 times: 100% the first time, 50% the second time and 25% the third time. However, the user is permanently Confused.)

60/110/70/60/60/100 (460) -----> 60/140/80/75/75/130 (560)

New Moves: Drill Run, Knock Off

Dodrio's Pokédex entries indicate a serious case of Edward Mordake. Dark Typing suits it perfectly. I decided to keep the three-attacks thing, but added a contingency which makes Mega Dodrio permanently Confused (Also noted in its Pokédex entries). Drill Run is for Steel Types and Knock Off is a decent STAB.

Dodrio @ Dodrionite
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird

Dodrio @ Dodrionite
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Muk-Mega (Mukate)

Poison -----> Poison/Water*

Stench/Sticky Hold/Poison Touch -----> Algae* (Gooey clone; lowers Speed, Attack and Special Attack on Contact)

105/105/75/65/100/50 (500) -----> 105/120/100/85/140/50 (600)

New Moves: Waterfall, Aqua Ring, Scald

Bulbapedia said:
Muk shares similar traits to Weezing and Garbador. All three Pokémon are pure Poison types with a single pre-evolution, roughly the same base stat totals and evolution levels, and appear to be based on a different kind of pollution; Muk being water pollution.
*Note to future Weezing and Garbador Mega Evolutions: Following this pattern would be great. Garbador would be Poison/Ground (And could also learn Muddy Water as a new move). Weezing need not necessarily be Flying, as its Ability will stay.

Mega Muk is made from one part petroleum, one part quicksand and one part clay mud is an annoyance to Physical Attackers. In fact so much so that it's ill-advised to face it with a Physical Attacker. I wish Aqua Ring could cure and prevent Burn (Much like Water Veil). That would have given it a neat niche in the Metagame. Even so, Stall would be the perfect strategy to go about using Mega Muk, especially in conjunction with its Mega Ability. Scald and Toxic have great synergy; Muk also learns Stockpile to help further its chance of a complete Stall.

Muk @ Mukate
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Stockpile
- Aqua Ring
- Toxic
- Scald

Muk @ Mukate
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Gunk Shot
- Shadow Sneak
- Aqua Ring

Dewgong-Mega (Dewgongate)

Water/Ice -----> Water/Ice

Thick Fat/Hydration/Ice Body -----> Fur Coat

90/70/80/70/85/70 (475) -----> 90/90/100/100/105/80 (575)

New Moves: Freeze Dry, Scald

Fur Coat is obviously broken on Dewgong, yes? Well, no. First of all, it goes well with its Pokédex entries. Second of all, it still has that horrible Ice typing (Weak to Fighting, Rock and Stealth Rock). Fighting Types especially give it a hard time, because nobody is going to invest a lot in Defense with its Ability being Fur Coat.

+2 252 Atk Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Fur Coat Dewgong: 348-409 (90.6 - 106.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Fur Coat Dewgong: 142-168 (36.9 - 43.7%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Dewgong: 252-297 (65.6 - 77.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Dewgong: 102-121 (26.5 - 31.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

I've not given it a lot of Special Defense, so it's vulnerable to Thunderbolt/Volt Switch. It learns Freeze dry to compensate for its horrible Movepool and Scald because, well, it should.

Dewgong @ Dewgongate
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Aqua Ring
- Freeze Dry
- Scald
- Toxic

Hypno-Mega (Hypnate)

Psychic -----> Psychic/Dark

Insomnia/Forewarn/Inner Focus -----> Hypnotize (Traps a Sleeping foe)

85/73/70/73/115/67 (483) -----> 85/98/80/98/135/87 (583)

New Moves: Recover, Dark Pulse, Knock Off

Hypno already has an excellent movepool. I decided not to give it Dark Void because it already has Hypnosis and also that it would be broken alongside its Mega Ability. I also did not give it a lot of Bulk for the same reason. But Nightmare Stalling Hypno is very much a thing.

Hypno @ Hypnate
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
- Hypnosis
- Nightmare
- Dream Eater/Recover/Protect
- Substitute

Hypno @ Hypnate
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Hypnosis
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Dark Pulse

Last edited:

Mega Hypno

Psychic ----> Psychic/Fairy
Insomnia/Forewarn/Inner Focus ----> Bad Dreams (bandwagon ho!)
85/73/70/73/115/67 ---- > 85/73/140 (+70)/83 (+10)/150 (+35)/52 (-15)
New Moves: Mean Look, Wish, Dark Void

Okay, first off: from a design standpoint, this guy'd be going for MAXIMUM FAT FUCK. Emphasize the "total creeper" side of Hypno - fedora is worth considering. It's a Fairy in the "changelings and goblins" sense of the word.

The logic behind this guy from a competitive standpoint is that he functions as a defensive Bad Dreams abuser with a simple but effective strategy: trap something with Mean Look and eat away at a helpless foe by putting it to sleep and relying on Bad Dreams for damage. Wish allows Hypno to restore its health; combined with its vast bulk, it becomes very hard to kill.

It's not invincible, though. My goal was to do something that's potentially lethal but very easy to make worthless by misplaying it. Hypno has very little direct offensive presence; it does one job, and making the most of that role is not easy. You need to be very good at reading your opponent to use Mega Hypno! You need to know when to use Mean Look vs. when to sleep a switch-in and GTFO; you need to know when to use Wish to keep your health up, taking the risk that you could receive your Wish too late or wind up wasting a turn because you mispredict what they're going to do between waking up and being slept again.

If you use it well, you can slowly erode away a helpless foe. If you use it poorly, it's going to get Taunted by a trapped switch-in and then used as setup bait. It's either capable of killing half a team or doing absolutely nothing - and that's all dependent on your own ability to know what move Hypno needs to be making at any given time.

The important thing I started with here was "Bad Dreams abuser that doesn't play like Darkrai." I think that my Mega Hypno achieves that, if nothing else.

Also, it occurs to me that this dude might have a legitimate reason to run Nightmare, and man, that's gotta be worth bonus points. (it's still probably a much worse choice than, uh, most things for your fourth moveslot, though)

Last edited:

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Mega Dodrio
Normal/Flying -> Dark/Flying
Run Away/Early Bird/Tangled Feet -> Bad Dreams
HP: 60 -> 60
Atk: 110 -> 110
Def: 70 -> 70
SpA: 60 -> 135 (+75)
SpD: 50 -> 50
Spe: 100 -> 125 (+25)
Total: 460 -> 560
Moves: +Dark Void, +Dark Pulse, +Nasty Plot

Since most people are making physical Mega Dodrios, I decided to make a special one. I chose Dark typing because Dark is a much better offensive typing than Normal. With an incredible 125 Speed and 135 Special Attack, Mega Dodrio can first use Dark Void and then Nasty Plot when the opponent switches out, giving Mega Dodrio enough power to spam Dark Pulse.

Last edited:

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
Mega Dewgong (Dewgonite)

Water/Ice -----> Water/Ice

Thick Fat/Hydration/Ice Body -----> Protean

90/70/80/70/85/70 (475) -----> 90/90/100/110/105/70 (575)

New Moves: Freeze Dry, Scald, Slack Off

At first glance giving Mega Dewgong Scald and Protean might seem strange flavor-wise, but after reading the following on Bulbapedia I think it actually makes sense:
Origin
Dewgong is based on the aquatic dwelling tropical mammal, the dugong. Its is of the same order as the manatee, which resides in the Western Hemisphere. The four known living members of the order all currently inhabit warm waters, a source of conflict with Dewgong's Ice-type affinity. However, an extinct closer evolutionary relative from the same family (Dugongidae), the Steller's Sea Cow, once existed in the cold Arctic waters of the Bering Sea. While it is suggested that Dewgong was partially inspired by other water dwelling aquatic polar mammals; seals, sea lions, the Harp Seal, the Hooded Seal, the ringed seal, et al.; the Sirenian fossil record suggests the prominence of enlarged incisors that are absent in the modern variants of the dugong, a feature that is noticeable in Dewgong.
So basically the idea behind this mega evolution is embracing the contradiction between Dewgong's seal appearance and dugong origins and create a marine mammal that has adapted to both cold and warm waters. Freeze Dry and Scald being pretty much polar opposites also emphatize this theme. After all we have pokemon like Mamoswine, who is both a mammooth and a boar, so this Mega Dewgong is a lot more subtle actually.
I also gave it Slack Off because manatees are known for being heavy sleepers and I don't think it would be too broken on its own with Protean (it turns it into a Normal type, which isn't exactly stellar defensively).
We don't really have a defensive Protean user right now, so it would be an interesting concept to explore.

Potential set
Mega Dewgong @ Dewgonite
Trait: Thick Fat -> Protean
EV: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD
Nature: Calm
-Freeze Dry
-Scald
-Slack Off
-Toxic

This set enjoys almost perfect coverage in two moves (only Dry Skin Jynx and Shedinja resist both Scald and Freeze Dry), ability to spread status, reliable recovery, team support and mind games for your opponent, making Mega Dewgong a solid team member.

As you can see I made sure that Protean would be used defensively rather than offensively, since M-Dewgong already has water and ice STABs.
With Toxic M-Dewgong becomes a poison type itself, meaning slower walls won't be able to poison it, plus gaining a nice set of resistances, partially offsetting its ice type issues.

Last edited:

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Here are my Muk submissions

Mega Muk X
Poison -> Poison/Ground
Stench/Sticky Hold/Poison Touch -> Filter
HP: 105 -> 105
Atk: 105 -> 150 (+45)
Def: 75 -> 100 (+25)
SpA: 65 -> 105 (+40)
SpD: 100 -> 90 (-10)
Spe: 50 -> 50
Total: 500 -> 600
Moves: +Earthquake, +Sucker Punch

Mega Muk Y
Poison -> Poison/Water
Stench/Sticky Hold/Poison Touch -> No Guard
Atk: 105 -> 105
Def: 75 -> 90 (+15)
SpA: 65 -> 150 (+85)
SpD: 100 -> 100
Spe: 50 -> 50
Total: 500 -> 600
Moves: +Muddy Water

Both Mega Muk X and Y are designed as bulky attackers. Mega Muk X is physically based and bulkier than Mega Muk Y because of Filter. Poison/Ground actually have surprisingly good offensive synergy, however, it is completely walled by Skarmory. On the other hand, Mega Muk Y is a more offensive specially based option who can use powerful moves like Thunder and Fire Blast effectively due to No Guard

DineshThePoet I'm loving that new Hypno ability :D

Anyway, I'll start off with my Dodrio idea.
Hope you like it!

Mega Dodrio
Appearance ----------> Overall looks far more aggressive and rugged, the three heads are fighting vigorously over a bone.
Normal Flying ----------> Ground Flying
Run Away / Early Bird / Tangled Feet ----------> Skill Link
60/110/70/60/60/100 ----------> 60/135/83/80/70/132
New Moves ----------> Bone Rush / Rock Blast / Brave Bird

The new typing gives Dodrio an epic STAB combination, with ground hitting super effectively everything that resist flying, and flying doing the same for ground with the exception of hitting other flying types. However this is covered by Rock Blast. It also gives Dodrio 2 very handy immunities to have on the team. Skill link makes Dodrio's STAB Bone Rush hit extremely hard and boosts Rock Blast which wraps up Dodrio's coverage. STAB Brave Bird is pretty mandatory on most birds. The stat spread gives Dodrio is really sweet Atk stat so that it can hit nice and hard, and enough speed to out speed base 130s. I threw a couple points into either defence to give Dodrio a slim chance of being able to use Roost effectively, but didn't want to make it too bulky given how powerful it is now and the fact that it lost it's SR weakness, so I chucked some random points in SpA.

Oh btw if anyone of you people doing a parental bond sorta thing change it to part Dark for STAB assurance boosted on the 2nd and 3rd hits that'll get my vote.

I want to get some sleep tonight, so posting results an hour early.

Primeape: Chesnaught

Arcanine: tie between clapyourhands and Aliathra

Golem: clapyourhands

Slowbro: ...clapyourhands
If you're happy and you know it, clapyourhands. Great job.

Dodrio (Dodrite)
Type: Normal/Flying -> Dark/Flying
Abilities: Run Away, Early Bird (Tangled Feet) -> Tough Claws
New Moves: Tailwind, Drill Run, Jump Kick

HP: 60 -> 60
Atk: 110 -> 145 (+35)
Def: 70 -> 90 (+20)
SpA: 60 -> 60
SpD: 60 -> 85 (+25)
Spe: 100 -> 120 (+20)
BST: 460 -> 560

I feel that Dodrio makes sense as a Dark type with its wide selection of Dark moves already, including Pursuit. It has a really mean "I'm going to peck you in the eyes" look to it. With access Taunt, Haze and now Tailwind, it can also serve as a fast supporter.
Luckily, Dodrio already learns Knock Off. Drill Run is such a fitting move for it, as Drill Peck was Dodrio's signature move for a while, and it's almost necessary so Dodrio's coverage isn't crap.
Jump Kick along with Tough Claws come from the idea of large birds like emus and especially cassowaries, which are is known for leaping and kicking visciously at prey.
Sometimes the bird uses its claws, explaining Mega Dodrio's ability, but often the raw strength is enough to severely bruise, break bones, and kill prey.

252 Atk Tough Claws Dodrio Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 324-384 (100 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-2 252 Atk Tough Claws Dodrio Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 164-194 (50.6 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Dodrio Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 217-256 (71.3 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Tough Claws Dodrio Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 298-352 (77.2 - 91.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Dodrio Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 183-216 (43.5 - 51.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Tough Claws Dodrio Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 148-175 (35.2 - 41.6%)

Dewgong (Dewgongite)
Type: Water/Ice -> Water/Ice
Abilities: Thick Fat, Hydration (Ice Body) -> Sap Sipper
New Moves: Freeze Dry, Haze, Megahorn

HP: 90 -> 90
Atk: 70 -> 90 (+20)
Def: 80 -> 120 (+40)
SpA: 70 -> 110 (+40)
SpD: 95 -> 125 (+30)
Spe: 70 -> 40 (-30)
BST: 475 -> 575

I decided to make Dewgong a bit less awful defensively and offensively at the same time by giving it Sap Sipper, which makes it immune to Grass (i.e. powder moves) and boosts its attack to usable levels.
He gets Freeze Dry, making him the best counter to other bulky waters as he resists pretty much every move they carry. Especially Suicine, due to Haze. By the way, Dewgong gets Haze because it's an Ice type move and it works well with Dewgong's defensive nature.
Megahorn is another move that I feel Dewgong should have and I'm actually surprised that it doesn't already get Megahorn.
It already gets Fake Out, Aqua Jet, and Ice Shard, which can help it now more than ever to get over its low speed.
Dugongs and manatees, which Dewgong is based on, have a diet consisting moslty of sea-grasses. Dewgong eats Grass-types and drinks Water-types for lunch.

252+ Atk Swampert Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dewgong: 136-162 (35.4 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 SpA Dewgong Freeze Dry vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Swampert: 360-424 (89.1 - 104.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

+1 4 SpA Suicune Hidden Power Electric vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Dewgong: 74-88 (19.2 - 22.9%) -- possible 5HKO
4 SpA Dewgong Freeze Dry vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 98-116 (24.2 - 28.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Rotom-W Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Dewgong: 126-150 (32.8 - 39%) -- 99.5% chance to 3HKO
4 SpA Dewgong Freeze Dry vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-W: 114-134 (37.5 - 44%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Muk (Mukite)
Type: Poison -> Poison/Dark
Abilities: Stench, Sticky Hold (Poison Touch) -> Intimidate
New Moves: Sucker Punch

Atk: 105 -> 145 (+40)
Def: 75 -> 75
SpA: 65 -> 125 (+60)
SpD: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Spe: 50 -> 30 (-20)
BST: 500 -> 600

I know I've been making a lot of Dark types, but Muk really seems like a Dark type. It's filthy, lives around litter and in sewers, and as it moves around it consciously contaminates whatever it touches.
It also gets a lot of Dark type moves like Taunt, Dark Pulse, and Payback. A buff to its Special Attack allows Muk to use its expansive special movepool ranging fron Thunderbolt to Flamethrower to Giga Drain.
Curse is now even greater a setup move on it with Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch so it can bypass its already low speed.

Hypno (Hypnite)
Type: Psychic -> Psychic
Abilities: Insomnia, Forewarn (Inner Focus) -> Rattled
New Moves: Bulk Up, Encore, Dazzling Gleam

HP: 85 -> 85
Atk: 73 -> 93 (+20)
Def: 70 -> 100 (+30)
SpA: 73 -> 93 (+20)
SpD: 115 -> 115
Spe: 67 -> 97 (+30)
BST: 483 -> 583

Mega Hypno takes its common weaknesses and turns them into an advantage with its new ability.
Rattled causes its speed to rise one stage every time it is hit by a Dark, Ghost, or Bug type attack, and its Speed is buffed to be at a great point for +1, outspeeding positive base 107 and below without any investment.
Hypno has a variety of boosting moves at its disposal, these being Calm Mind, Bulk Up, and Nasty Plot. Encore is there to allow it opportunities to set up.
It also makes a good supporter with Thunder Wave, Encore, and Taunt.

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Hypno: 234-276 (62.5 - 73.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Hypno Zen Headbutt vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 153-180 (51.3 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Hypno: 157-186 (41.9 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252+ Atk Hypno Zen Headbutt vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 228-268 (76.5 - 89.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Hypno: 195-231 (52.1 - 61.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Hypno Ice Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 300-356 (83.7 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Hypno: 130-154 (34.7 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252+ Atk Hypno Ice Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 448-528 (125.1 - 147.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Hypno: 294-348 (78.6 - 93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
252+ Atk Hypno Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 268-316 (66.3 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Hypno: 198-234 (52.9 - 62.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
+1 252+ Atk Hypno Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 396-468 (98 - 115.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hypno in Sun: 229-270 (61.2 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Hypno Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 141-166 (47.3 - 55.7%) -- 78.1% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Flamethrower vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Hypno in Sun: 153-180 (40.9 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252+ SpA Hypno Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 211-249 (70.8 - 83.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hypno: 282-333 (75.4 - 89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Hypno Dazzling Gleam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 142-168 (47 - 55.6%) -- 75% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Hypno: 187-222 (50 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Hypno Dazzling Gleam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 212-250 (70.1 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I know something else is being done here but I feel like I just have to put this here:

Steelix @ Steelixite (Crystal Stone?)
Type: Ground/Steel -> Ground/Fairy
Ability: Dry Skin (immune to water, weak to fire)
New Moves: Play Rough, Waterfall, Moonlight (Recover?)
Normal Stats: 75/85/200/55/65/30
New Stats: 75/115/220/55/115/40 (--/+30/+20/--/+50/--, similar to Aggron's pattern with Def/SpDef boosts switched)

I can't be the only person who was hoping for something like this when megas were announced, can I? Solid defensive 'mon with 3 key immunities (Water, Electric, Dragon), 4 resistances (Rock, Bug, Dark, Fight) and 4 weaknesses (Fire, Steel, Ice, Grass). Lays SR, phazes with Roar/Dragon Tail, walls stuff like Keldeo, choice Rotom-W, Tyranitar, the Latis, Terrakion, Starmie/Greninja in a pinch etc. Recovery would be needed but I'm not sure whether Moonlight or Recover would be better. Also it's glittery and stuff so if Carbink is a fairy Crystal Steelix can be one too.

Just a general comment, and you can disregard if you want, but I think if Serperior wanted any new move, it would have been Stone Edge as opposed to Earthquake. With coil, he could actually hit things with it, and he'd not need to rely on hidden power to not get obliterated by bug types. Hitting steels is good, yes, but stab knock off would have done that just fine.

Just wanted to throw that $0.02 in. Carry on folks!

Hypno -> Mega Hypno

Typing: Psychic -> Psychic/Dark
Abilities: Insomnia / Forewarn / Inner Focus -> Bad Dreams [No need to have an identical ability with a new name guys]
85/73/70/73/115/67 -> 85/88/100/93/135/82 [+100 BST, +15 Atk/Spd, +30 Def, + 20 Sp.Def/Sp.Atk]
New Moves: + Dark Pulse; + Dark Void

Adding the Dark-type to Hypno, a pokemon infamous for it's abducting of children and generally adult fear concepts in addition to it's 'hypnosis' seems like a given to me. I'm somewhat surprised Hypno wasn't Dark Type to begin with. Bad Dreams is also a good ability for Hypno in my opinion, especially given that Hypno is a bulky pokemon.

As such, my stat spread favors bulking Hypno up a little. However, I also added some more offenses so Hypno can deal respectable damage with Dark Pulse and Psychic/Psyshock. Bearing in mind the Dark/Psychic STAB combination only exists on a physical attacker thus far, I think Mega Hypno could be interesting with this type combination. I was careful not to add a lot of speed, since a speedy sleeper is too dangerous: See; Darkrai.

Adding Dark Void is gonna be controversial, but Hypno is supposed to be about putting things to sleep. I think giving Hypno Spore makes no sense at all, and Hypnosis is only 60% accuracy. Dark Void is the only sleep move that is more accurate than Hypnosis which makes sense on Hypno. Darkrai is broken because it has 125 Speed and 135 Sp.Atk to back up Dark Void, Mega Hypno has far less speed and Sp.Atk. And dosen't sweep a team after a Nasty Plot created by a successful Void.

I bumped up Hypno's attack a little since Hypno can make use of physical sets as well. It has Zen Headbutt, Power Up Punch, Psycho Cut and all three E-Punches. A sleeper with PUP could be an interesting set.

Dewgong -> Mega Dewgong
Typing: Water / Ice - > Water/Ice
Abilities: Thick Fat / Hydration / Ice Body -----> Focused [Powers up 'Beam' moves by 50%]
BST: 90/70/80/70/95/70 -----> 90/70/110/95/120/90 [+ 30 Def, +25 Sp.Atk/Sp.Def, +20 Spd]
New moves: + Bubble Beam, + Psybeam + Charge Beam

I've always wanted Dewgong to be good, but the simple fact is medicore stats and the ice typing let it down.

This one took some thought, but eventually I decided Dewgong makes the most sense as a bulky special attacker. While I'd love to go physical because Narwhal concept, Dewgong has a pretty good special movepool, and physical ice... well... Mamoswine and Weavile and Avalugg are gonna outdo Mega Dewgong in that pretty much regardless of what we do. I mean, Dewgong gets Signal Beam.

Seeing this, I decided to break from my normal concepts, and actually give Mega Dewgong a new ability. 'Focused' is Mega Launcher for 'Beam' moves [Ice Beam, Signal Beam, Hyper Beam, Psybeam, Auroura Beam, Solar Beam, Charge Beam and Bubble Beam]

Of course, with many of these moves being stronger than the Pulse/Sphere moves of Mega Launcher, I have been careful not to raise M.Dewgong's Sp.Atk too much, especially with the addition of Charge Beam to it's moveset.

Mega Dewgong isn't that fast, but it hits hard with Focused Ice Beam.

Of note is that Mega Dewgong performs very differently to normal Dewgong. Mega Dewgong is an attacker, while normal Dewgong is usually a wall in the lower tiers, with tactics like Hydrarest.

Dodrio -> Mega Dodrio
Typing: Normal / Flying -> Flying / Ground
Abilities: Run Away / Early Bird / Tangled Feet -> Aerialate
60/110/70/60/60/100 -----> 60/130/85/60/85/140 [+20 Atk, +15 Def, +25 Sp.Def, +40 Spd]
New Moves: Drill Run, Bulldoze

The thing about Dodrio is that it isn't really 'normal'. It is a flightless bird. As such, Mega Dodrio embraces it, and takes away it's Normal typing for the Ground typing since it is a flightless bird [Giving it STAB Drill Run]. However, the loss of Normal STAB is not felt too hard, since Mega Dodrio gains Aerialate, giving it options for it's Flying STAB of choice. Thrash is brutally powerful but locks it in. Return is less powerful however.

This submission has a lot of power, but 60/85/85 is pretty glassy, especially with a water weakness and a quad ice weakness. Also a lack of priority means Mega Dodrio dosen't overshadow Mega Pinsir.

Muk -> Mega Muk
he
Typing: Poison -----> Poison/Water
Abilities: Stench / Sticky Hold / Poison Touch ------> Poison Touch
105/105/75/65/100/50 -----> 105/105/110/105/125/50 [+25 Def, +50 Sp.Atk, +25 Sp.Def]
New Moves: + Doubleslap, + Duel Chop, + Muddy Water

My Mega Muk is more based around a gimmick than anything else. Muk's dex has long stated it is venomous to the degree it's footprints [Wait, it has feet?] are toxic. So I decided to have a little fun, giving Muk some multi-hit moves in tandem with Poison Touch.

So why bump up Muk's Sp.Atk and ignore it's physical attack? Because with the ability to inflict Poison at a very high rate with multi-hit moves or Poison Jab, Muk could be an interesting user of Venoshock. STAB Venoshock is disgustingly powerful, but no pokemon can really make much use of it, since in the time taken to envenom the enemy, you could have just Sludge Bombed or Poison Jabbed twice anyway. But Poison Touch allows Muk to go on the offensive from the start, switching to Venoshock when it poisons a target, through whatever way it achieves this.

The Water typing and Muddy Water were added because... well... look at Muk. It's liquid. Muk can easily be Water/Poison, and Muddy Water is a good thematic move, while also helping Special Mega Muk out. Mega Muk can run something like Poison Jab/Venoshock/Muddy Water/???

Or it can just use Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave if it dosen't want to play the Venoshock game.

Of course, the defense boost means that good ol' CurseMuk is still an option as well.

Hopefully going to do more than one Mega-Evolution this time around. Starting out with Muk, my favourite of the round after Hypno, which Clapyourhands has fashioned to perfection.

Mega-Muk
Type - Poison
Ability - Contagion: When an opposing Pokémon which is poisoned (including Toxic poison) switches out via the use of a move (U-turn, Baton Pass, Roar, etc), the Pokémon switching in is poisoned or Toxic poisoned (depending on the former's status).
Stats - 105/120/105/65/140/65
New moves - Recover
, Storm Throw, Roar

Play style
Mega-Muk has been designed as a disruptor, dilapidating entire teams with its hazardous waste. Muk threatens to break down that which drives set-up and Baton Pass teams, inflicting crippling poison upon them, and then spreading it across their team. If an opposing Pokémon attempts to circumvent Muk's miasmic presence by not setting up and directly attacking, they run the risk of being stalled out with Muk's access to the move Recover.

Those trainers with the audacity to try and set up over Muk will quickly find themselves on the way out, courtsey of its new move, Roar. Not only does this add to an opposition's inability to bring the power needed to bear against Muks solid bulk, but frustrates them as their premium sweeper becomes the infectious agent of their demise.

At this point, the wisest of foes will bring forth their mechanical monstrosities in the hopes of breaking Muk's pandemic. However, Storm Throw may make them think twice about their decision. Between Muk's bulk and recovery, these steel types will feel the need to set up. The constant stream of critical hits will ensure Muk will not stop until the more susceptible, fleshy Pokémon return into that which decays.

Waste Disposal
Mega-Muk revolves around poisoning opposing Pokémon with Toxic, and then Roaring them, spreading the poison and subjecting them to any field hazards present. This is quickly shut down by Pokémon which can use Taunt. Muk's base speed was increased to 65 in order to out speed the many base 60 speed walls/supporters, lowering the number of possible Taunts before it can get its Toxic off, but many Pokemon can still fill this role and pin Muk down.

Muk's physical defences, while above average, are far from impenetrable. A solid physical attacker, or an even more fearsome Psyshock user stands a chance to 2HKO Muk before it gets a chance to spread its rot.

Last edited:
I know something else is being done here but I feel like I just have to put this here:

Steelix @ Steelixite (Crystal Stone?)
Type: Ground/Steel -> Ground/Fairy
Ability: Dry Skin (immune to water, weak to fire)
New Moves: Play Rough, Waterfall, Moonlight (Recover?)
Normal Stats: 75/85/200/55/65/30
New Stats: 75/115/220/55/115/40 (--/+30/+20/--/+50/--, similar to Aggron's pattern with Def/SpDef boosts switched)

I can't be the only person who was hoping for something like this when megas were announced, can I? Solid defensive 'mon with 3 key immunities (Water, Electric, Dragon), 4 resistances (Rock, Bug, Dark, Fight) and 4 weaknesses (Fire, Steel, Ice, Grass). Lays SR, phazes with Roar/Dragon Tail, walls stuff like Keldeo, choice Rotom-W, Tyranitar, the Latis, Terrakion, Starmie/Greninja in a pinch etc. Recovery would be needed but I'm not sure whether Moonlight or Recover would be better. Also it's glittery and stuff so if Carbink is a fairy Crystal Steelix can be one too.
Not doing this again. Please read up before submitting things.

I will admit its a great idea but now is not the time to do that.

Dodrio-Mega
Type: Normal/Flying>>>Ground/Flying
Stats: 60/110/70/60/60/100>>>60/110/95/85/85/125
Ability: Whatever his old abilities were>>>Teamwork(hits 3 times with 100, 50, and 25% damage respectively when using the following moves: Peck, Drill Peck, Drill Run, Headbutt, Zen Headbutt, Iron Head, Skull Bash, and Head Smash)
Movepool: +Drill Run +Iron Head +Zen Headbutt
The new typing makes sense
The new stats seek to prevent it from being broken
The ability makes sense flavorwise
The new moves give it stab and a higher ability to use its ability
Muk-Mega
Type: Poison>>>Poison/Water
Stats: 105/105/75/65/100/50>>>105/145/105/65/100/80
Ability: Whatever its old abilities are>>>Chemical Reaction(raises Atk and SpA when hit by a contact move)
Movepool: +Earthquake +Stone Edge +Aqua Jet
The type makes sense
The stats allow him to better use his ability which makes sense
Aqua jet is for stab and priority while the others are for coverage

Hypno-Mega
Type: Psychic>>>Psychic/Steel
Stats: 85/73/70/73/115/67>>>85/73/80/103/145/97
Ability: Whatever its old abilites are>>>Hypnotize(Has a 30% chance to induce sleep in the opponent when the ability holder moves)
Movepool: +Flash Cannon
Concept: basically the pendulum becomes a part of his body turning him into a steel type and giving it the ability to hypnotize its foes by moving
The stats are pretty good
The ability allows it to be focused on sleep like it's supposed to
Flash Cannon is just for stab

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks to all who submitted and congrats to our winners.

Submissions are now open for Hypno, Dewgong, Dodrio and Muk.
Hypno
Dewgong
Dodrio
Muk

P.S. because there was tie for Arcanine. Arcanine will get 2 mega evolutions (X and Y) each based off the two submissions (and the people rejoiced!)

Oh and a very important reiteration: This meta has not and will continue to not introduce new moves into the metagame as there is no mega who gets an entirely new mega specific move.
Wait, but that means that Mega-Arcanine gets 4 new moves, when you set the limit at 3

I'd just like to make an announcement (not aimed at anyone inparticular)

Let's just talk for a minute.
  • Don't add -Dark
  • Don't add -Fairy
  • Don't give EVERYTHING a new ability / move
Be ORIGINAL! Seriously, it's getting stale already, making up new moves and abiities for every single submission and slapping Fairy and Dark type recklessly is no fun at all and is not original. Can we spice things up? Submit a Water / Flying Dodrio for all I care, just make it more fun!

That is all.
Have a nice day.

I'd just like to make an announcement (not aimed at anyone inparticular)

Let's just talk for a minute.
  • Don't add -Dark
  • Don't add -Fairy
  • Don't give EVERYTHING a new ability / move
Be ORIGINAL! Seriously, it's getting stale already, making up new moves and abiities for every single submission and slapping Fairy and Dark type recklessly is no fun at all and is not original. Can we spice things up? Submit a Water / Flying Dodrio for all I care, just make it more fun!

That is all.
Have a nice day.
Dude, Flamingo, let's do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)