Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd just like to make an announcement (not aimed at anyone inparticular)

Let's just talk for a minute.
  • Don't add -Dark
  • Don't add -Fairy
  • Don't give EVERYTHING a new ability / move
Be ORIGINAL! Seriously, it's getting stale already, making up new moves and abiities for every single submission and slapping Fairy and Dark type recklessly is no fun at all and is not original. Can we spice things up? Submit a Water / Flying Dodrio for all I care, just make it more fun!

That is all.
Have a nice day.
I don't think adding any Type should be considered stale if it goes well with the flavor (Dex entries, design) and the poster has justified it in his explanation. There could definitely be ground rules for Abilities.

• Don't add -Dark
  • Don't add -Fairy
Be ORIGINAL! Seriously, it's getting stale already, making up new moves and abiities for every single submission and slapping Fairy and Dark type recklessly is no fun at all and is not original. Can we spice things up? Submit a Water / Flying Dodrio for all I care, just make it more fun!

That is all.
Have a nice day.
IVs actually noticed about Dodrio that everyone seems to be doing Ground. 2 didn't change type, 3 changed Normal to Dark, and 6 changed Normal to Ground. I know you were the first one to come up with Ground/Flying for Dodrio but if we're talking about things getting stale, half the submissions is a pretty good indication.

Ar the same time I've looked over all the upcoming Megas and we won't have another that deserves Dark for all of Gen 1 and 2. Or Fairy really.

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm safe with poison/ice Mega Dewgong then being the victim of water pollution and I feel like with the bird having good legs for kicking, I like fight.

I feel like I go out of my way sometimes for fun unused or rarely used combos to no avail.

Speaking of poison.

Mega Muk
Typing: Poison
Abilities: Stench/Sticky Hold/Poison Touch>>>Regenerator
BST: 105/105/75/65/100/50 ----> 105/145/115/65/135/35
New Moves: Drain Punch, Defog, Stealth Rock

Concept: A defensive poison type with the ability to set up some hazards and remove others. Does much else need to be said?

Mega Hypno
Typing: Psychic>>>Psychic/Poison
Abilities: Insomnia/Forewarn/Inner Focus>>>Cull the Weak (Deals 1.7x damage to foes afflicted with status but 66% to those who are not.)
85/73/70/73/115/67 >>>> 85/133/100/75/145/55
New Moves: Spore, Gunk Blast, Toxic Spikes

So... what's the idea here, mad scientist? Well... pretty much... yea. Mad chemist throwing sleep spores gathered from some nasty brew at unsuspecting fools! Also, it's a physical psychic type and psychic/poison is a uniqueish typing... isn't that worth consideration?

The best counter is simple: avoid getting statused! Have a heal bell and natural curer on your team. Blissey is probably a good check to any Mega Hypno without a Fighting Move. In short, his ability is a double edge sword.

Last edited:
I don't think adding any Type should be considered stale if it goes well with the flavor (Dex entries, design) and the poster has justified it in his explanation. There could definitely be ground rules for Abilities.
I agree 100% but what I'm saying is like how does Muk become Fairy? Try to make it flavorful is what I'm asking.

Mega Muk (Mukite)
Typing: Poison ------> Poison
Abilities: Stench / Sticky Hold / Poison Touch ------> Gunky Hand (User's moves listed in this pastebin have a 50% chance to Badly Poison target instead of their normal secondary effects. Primary effects remain, like priority.)
105/105/75/65/100/50 -----> 105/135/115/65/130/50 [+30 Attack, +40 Defense, +30 Special Defense]
New moves: Meteor Mash, Arm Thrust, Drain Punch
This new mega really focuses on Muk's hands and fists. Muk learns a plethora of punching or hand moves already, so I thought, "Why not focus on that?" I gave it three more "arm" moves, and gave it an ability that capitalizes on that. It's a bulky attacker who can easily Badly Poison you by using its STAB Poison Jab or coverage moves like the Elemental Punches. Arm Thrust is to give it a high-opportunity Poisoning move, and Drain Punch is for recovery.

First an announcement: there have been some megas who have been dropped recently: cloyster being one of them since we have already past cloyster it will be joining us in the next Slate.

Dodrio
Normal / Flying ----> Normal / Flying
60/110/70/60/60/100 ---> 60/150 (+40) / 110 (+40) / 60 / 95 (+35) / 85 (-15)
Ability Run Away / Early Bird / Tangled Feet ----> Analytic
New Moves: Jump Kick, U-Turn, Drill Run

Heartgold: It collects data and plans three times as wisely, but it may think too much and fall into a state of immobility.

Concept: I decided upon a very, very different Dodrio, one that emphasizes not its speed but its humanity ability to think 3 times deeper about things hence analytic. Most of the new moves are just for coverage and U-Turn allows Dodrio to act as a solid pivot. While Dodrio may not be the strongest most of the time with the better bulk it has it will be able to force more switches and by doing so open up opportunities to hit with Analytic boosted damage. 85 is a solid speed for Dodrio as it can outrun most walls such as Venusaur but be slow enough to get analytic damage on anything else.

I rarely do this but I'm throwing some support behind Valmanway 's Muk mostly because I love flame body (IMO one of the best abilities with one of the worst distributions) also fire/poison is a really solid retyping.

Last edited:
First an announcement: there have been some megas who have been dropped recently: cloyster being one of them since we have already past cloyster it will be joining us in the next Slate.

Dodrio
60/110/70/60/60/100 ---> 60/150 (+40) / 110 (+40) / 60 / 95 (+35) / 85 (-15)
Ability Run Away / Early Bird / Tangled Feet ----> Analytic
New Moves: Jump Kick, U-Turn, Drill Run

Heartgold: It collects data and plans three times as wisely, but it may think too much and fall into a state of immobility.

Concept: I decided upon a very, very different Dodrio, one that emphasizes not its speed but its humanity ability to think 3 times deeper about things hence analytic. Most of the new moves are just for coverage and U-Turn allows Dodrio to act as a solid pivot. While Dodrio may not be the strongest most of the time with the better bulk it has it will be able to force more switches and by doing so open up opportunities to hit with Analytic boosted damage. 85 is a solid speed for Dodrio as it can outrun most walls such as Venusaur but be slow enough to get analytic damage on anything else.

I rarely do this but I'm throwing some support behind Valmanway 's Muk mostly because I love flame body (IMO one of the best abilities with one of the worst distributions) also fire/poison is a really solid retyping.
Love the idea but why that random 5 SpA? It should be put into Atk or SpD, so it's at least doing something. Dodrio needs it.

• Don't add -Dark
  • Don't add -Fairy

That is all.
Have a nice day.
Things have to make sense.

Dark-type Hypno makes sense.

We're not even giving Fairy to anything really thus far.

Water/Flying Dodrio makes no sense.

And if you want submissions without new abilities, vote for those!

I agree 100% but what I'm saying is like how does Muk become Fairy? Try to make it flavorful is what I'm asking.
I don't think any of the Mega Muk submissions have been Fairy, maybe you're thinking if Hypno? Which I can agree with, Hypno's not a Fairy.

But it does make a great Dark-type as does Dodrio (and even Muk to a degree).

Things have to make sense.

Dark-type Hypno makes sense.

We're not even giving Fairy to anything really thus far.

Water/Flying Dodrio makes no sense.

And if you want submissions without new abilities, vote for those!
To be honest I really don't see the point in discouraging anything that follows the rules. Giving something a type isn't even exploiting that, as long as it can be justified it should be allowed.

What I don't like is the way people feel obligated to give everything a different type. Not everything needs to change and not everything needs to have two types.

Hypno
Type: Psychic -> Psychic/Dark
Ability: Hypnotism (If hypno is hit by a contact move, there is a 30% chance that the attacker will fall asleep.)
Stats: 85/73/70/73/115/67 -> 85/78 (+5)/120 (+50)/113 (+40)/135 (+20)/52 (-15)
New Moves: Dark Pulse, Pain Split, and Sucker Punch
Design: Hypno's skin turns a light hazy purple color. He gains a lot of weight and looks much more like his pre-evolved form in body style. His legs are roughly 2/3 the size as they were and it makes it look like he shouldn't be able to hold his own weight. His arms grow longer, but do not increase in thickness. His fingers and toes grow longer and thinner, almost needle like, still holding the pendulum in his left hand. He grows a little more fur around his neck and he gains large black circles around his eyes. His last change is his eyes, which grow much larger and are now round with a hypnotizing black swirl in them.

I gave him his dark type, because let's face it, hypno's creepy nightmare fuel. I gave him his ability because I wanted to come up with a logical way for him to get pokemon to fall asleep without just increasing the accuracy of hypnosis or giving him dark void. While it may not be the most reliable way to get pokemon asleep, it does it's job with his increased bulk. I gave him dark pulse for a good secondary stab (why doesn't he already have it anyways?). He didn't have any good recovery, so I gave him pain split. It may not be a very reliable one, but if you don't invest in hp you can get a fairly good amount of health back and damage the opponent in the process. I gave him sucker punch mainly for flavor reasons and don't expect it used in competitive play much.

Dewgong
Type: Water/Ice -> Ghost/Ice
Ability: Hydration/Thick Fat/Ice Body -> Prankster
Stats: 90/70/80/70/95/70 -> 90/70/110 (+30)/110 (+40)/120 (+25)/75 (+5)
New Moves: Shadow Ball, Destiny Bond, and Moonlight
Design: Dewgong grows longer, but does not gain much more bulk. He has a faint light-purple aura outlining him. His fins grow much larger and thinner, with it's tips fading to a more transparent color. The small horn on the top of it's head grows a little bit larger and turns into pure ice. It gains a ring of eight smaller icy spikes around it's neck. It's fangs also grow in length until they are about three times longer.

I gave it a ghost type, because, well... Just look at it. It looks like a ghost. It could also use the typing competitively. It now has a total of three resistances and two immunities, one of which used to be a weakness. However, it now gains the weaknesses to ghost and dark and loses resistances to steel and fire that the water typing gave it. I gave it much more bulk and prankster so that it could go with many roles. He could be a perish trapper, a sub-disabler, or even a restalker. And with new moves in destiny bond and moonlight, he can make a great wall. I also gave it shadow ball for a good secondary stab.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Dewgong
Type: Water/Ice -> Ghost/Ice
Ability: Hydration/Thick Fat/Ice Body -> Prankster
Stats: 90/70/80/70/95/70 -> 90/70/110 (+30)/110 (+40)/120 (+25)/75 (+5)
New Moves: Shadow Ball, Destiny Bond, and Moonlight
Design: Dewgong grows longer, but does not gain much more bulk. He has a faint light-purple aura outlining him. His fins grow much larger and thinner, with it's tips fading to a more transparent color. The small horn on the top of it's head grows a little bit larger and turns into pure ice. It gains a ring of eight smaller icy spikes around it's neck. It's fangs also grow in length until they are about three times longer.

I gave it a ghost type, because, well... Just look at it. It looks like a ghost. It could also use the typing competitively. It now has a total of three resistances and two immunities, one of which used to be a weakness. However, it now gains the weaknesses to ghost and dark and loses resistances to steel and fire that the water typing gave it. I gave it much more bulk and prankster so that it could go with many roles. He could be a perish trapper, a sub-disabler, or even a restalker. And with new moves in destiny bond and moonlight, he can make a great wall. I also gave it shadow ball for a good secondary stab.
YES! Ghost/Ice is probably the most badass typing ever! I approve of this!

Seriously though, sadly Ghost makes no sense on Dewgong :( I like the new ability (which also doesn't make sense) in conjunction with its movepool and new moves though, looks awesome overall but sadly no flavour.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Mega Time

@ Dodrite
Abilities: Run Away / Early Bird / Tangled Feet ----> Reckless
Stats: 60 / 110 / 70 / 60 / 60 / 100 ----> 60 / 150 / 80 / 60 / 80 / 130 (Atk +40, Spe +30, Def +10, SpDef +20)
New Moves: +Jump Kick

So yea, I propose Reckless for Dodrio. It's not completely crazy flavor wise, and it helps boost its 2 STABs and its new coverage move Jump Kick. The stats are pretty basic - more power and more speed to make it more useful. Small bulk was added to let it live some hits, but it's rather useless due to its recoil moves damaging it. I'm not sure if I need to say much else, this is a pretty basic and easy to understand mega imo.

@ Hypnite
Psychic ----> Psychic
Abilities: Insomnia / Forewarn / Inner Focus ----> No Guard
Stats: 85 / 73 / 70 / 73 / 115 / 67 ----> 85 / 113 / 100 / 73 / 145 / 67 (Atk +40, SpDef +30, Def +30)
New Moves: +Recover

I can see where people are coming from with the Psychic / Dark typing, but I disagree with it. I think just Psychic works just fine for it. No Guard was chosen as the ability for one simple reason - No Guard Hypnosis. It also lets it use No Guard Dynamic Punch (and to a lesser extent Zen Headbutt). That is also why I went for a more physical bias over the special one. It's not too far-fetched, considering that it has the same Atk and SpA. There was an emphasis on bulk too, making it a decent bulky attacker. Recover was given to it so that it can fulfill this role even better. Flavor-wise, it makes as much sense as it does on Alakazam - it's a psychic-type, it's not too far fetched.

@ Dewgonite
Type: Water / Ice ----> Water / Ice
Abilities: Hydration / Thick Fat / Ice Body ----> Technician
Stats: 90 / 70 / 80 / 70 / 95 / 70 ----> 90 / 130 / 100 / 70 / 125 / 70 (Atk +50, Def +20, SDef +30)
New Moves: +Slack Off, +Bulk Up

This one might need more explaining. You might be wondering why I gave it Technician and an Atk bias over SpA. The reason why is because this thing's movepool is just DEMANDING for Technician - Aqua Jet, Ice Shard, Icicle Spear, Fake Out, and even things like Avalanche and Thief. Sure, special also has some moves, but not as much as physical demands. So Technician is much more a competitive ability than flavor, although Technician doesn't seem to have any specific flavor, so I don't see a problem with this. Attack was given 50 points for maximum power, and a buff into bulk was also given, giving it decent bulk and power. Slack Off was a move I gave it to further abuse its neat bulk. I also gave it Bulk Up to give it a set-up move to abuse.

@Mukite
Type: Poison ----> Poison / Water
Abilities: Stench / Sticky Hold / Poison Touch ----> Gooey
Stats: 105 / 105 / 75 / 65 / 100 / 50 ----> 105 / 145 / 105 / 65 / 130 / 50 (Atk +40, Def +30, SpDef +30)
New Moves: +Waterfall, +Recover

Poison / Water is there because Muk could easily represent water pollution (weezing = air pollution and garbodor = land pollution), and its a giant puddle of sludge, so Water isn't too far fetched imo. Gooey makes too much sense flavor wise, although it doesn't really help it competitively. Its new stats make it very bulky, and very stronk. Its new moves are there to give it a water STAB and to give it reliable recovery. This and Curse help it become a very potent sweeper.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Mega Hypno
Psychic -> Psychic/Ghost
Insomnia/Forewarn/Inner Focus -> Shadow Tag
HP: 85 -> 85
Atk: 73 -> 73
Def: 70 -> 90 (+20)
SpA: 73 -> 133 (+60)
SpD: 115 -> 125 (+10)
Spe: 67 -> 77 (+10)
Total: 483 -> 583

Last edited:
Mega Hypno
Psychic -> Psychic/Fire
Insomnia/Forewarn/Inner Focus -> Shadow Tag
HP: 85 -> 85
Atk: 73 -> 170 (+97)
Def: 70 -> 5 (-65)
SpA: 73 -> 170 (+97)
SpD: 115 -> 5 (-110)
Spe: 67 -> 148 (+81)
Total: 480 -> 583
Moves: +Dark Void, +Blue Flare, +V-Create

Totally not broken...
Just so we don't have any confusion like last time this is sarcastic.

Mega Hypno X
Typing: Psychic -------> Psychic / Ghost
Abilities: Insomnia / Forewarn / Inner Focus -------> Shadow Tag
Stats: 85 / 73 / 70 / 73 / 115 / 67 -------> 85 / 103 / 60 / 103 / 125 / 107
New Moves: Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak

Will fill in information later, but just a thought, let me know what you'd change :).

Mega Hypno X
Typing: Psychic -------> Psychic / Ghost
Abilities: Insomnia / Forewarn / Inner Focus -------> Shadow Tag
Stats: 85 / 73 / 70 / 73 / 115 / 67 -------> 85 / 103 / 60 / 103 / 125 / 107
New Moves: Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak

Will fill in information later, but just a thought, let me know what you'd change :).
Well I guess he didn't take that opportunity.

Shadow Sneak is cool for Hypno, but personally I'd make it bulky because priority makes it possible to get around having bad speed. Power-up Punch allows it to boost as it pleases and STAB Shadow Sneak will wreck after a few boosts. But then again your other Mega Hypno is bulky so it's really up to you.

Well I guess he didn't take that opportunity.

Shadow Sneak is cool for Hypno, but personally I'd make it bulky because priority makes it possible to get around having bad speed. Power-up Punch allows it to boost as it pleases and STAB Shadow Sneak will wreck after a few boosts.
That's why I lowered its Defense, to not make it broken with Shadow Tag :).

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Poison > Poison/Water
Sticky Hold/Stench/Poison Touch > Storm Drain
105/105/75/65/100/50 > 105/125/95/95/120/50 (+20 Atk/30 Def/30 SpA/20 SpD)
New moves: Muddy Water, Aqua Jet, Recover

Basically making it a bulky mixed attacker, it can run a Curse set with stab Aqua Jet for priority, or it can run a mixed/pure special set and rely on Storm Drain to boost its special attack higher.

Normal/Flying > Normal/Flying
Run Away/Early Bird/Tangled Feet > Reckless
60/110/70/60/60/100 > 60/145/85/60/75/135 (+35 Atk/15 Def/15 SpD/35 Spe)
New moves: Double-Edge (as an egg move, to be compatible with Brave Bird), Jump Kick, Blaze Kick

Increased Atk and Spe, boosted defenses slightly, and gave it an ability that fits with the flavor of its main stabs, along with Jump Kick and Blaze Kick, since it seems like it would use its feet to kick shit like other large birds do irl.

Mega Muk
Type: Poison >>> Poison/Steel
Ability: Stench/Sticky Hold/Poison Touch >>> Poison Touch/Poison Point
Stats: 105 / 105 / 75 / 65 / 100 / 50 >>> 105/125/105/105/105/55
Moves: I can never think of new moves.
Basic premise for the retype is that Muk is a giant pile of sludge, it kinda makes sense that waste containers or bins would be in that pool/pile. Poison touch works pretty well, but I'm kinda conflicted if poison point makes more sense flavor wise. Spread is really simple, just give everything a minor boost, it makes it a very nice mixed wall while still having a decent offensive presence.

(I didnt't draw this)
Mega Dewgong

Water-Ice -> Water-Ice
Ability: Serene Grace
Stats: 90/70/80/70/95/70-> 90/70/110/100/135/70
New Moves: Scald, Recover, Dragon Tail

Dewgong really doesn't have much hope. You can't change the typing, it fits too well. So whatever, i tried. Scald is mandatory if you're gonna be defensive, recover because it makes sense on just about all water types. Serene grace because, well, it looks pretty graceful in the water.

Competitive uses: Ice beam + Dragon tail for freeze shuffling would be pretty evil.
Then there's the standard serene grace scald mixed wall set.
Or you could be a cunt and do a paraflinch set.
Perish song + whirlpool + scald is finally somewhat viable (not)
Toxic stall on this thing... oh my.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)