Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 39 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's info straight from PGL for the May International Masters division:
71.0% used Scarf, 9.9% used Life Orb, 4.8% choice Specs, 3.2% Haban Berry
52.0% Timid, 32.9% Modest, 6.0% Naive, 2.6% Adamant
91.6% used Draco Meteor. 70.6% Fire Blast, 54.4% Dragon Pulse, 38.1% Hydro Pump

And believe me, I saw more than a few and ALL were scarfed.
Some would run Stone Edge / Rock Slide as a Charizard-Y counter but that's about it. The massive intimidate / WoW spamming nowadays leaves physical sets fucked more often than not. PLus Kalos born Mence lacks Outrage,Dragon Claw sucks, and only I am stupid enough to use Dragon Rush.

MixMence is hard to breed without Time Machine method stuff, though I do have a few hexflawless females (of non-mixed natures of course. LOL) that were bred without it.
Thank you for getting back to me. Whoa! Sure looks like there are a lot of Choice Salamences!
Thank you for letting me know about Salamence using Rock Slide and such against Charizard Y. And I apologize if this is a noob question but WoW stands for Will-o-Wisp Correct? And can you tell me how that ties in with Salamence?

Haha, yeah it does seem pretty difficult getting a flawless Bagon. That's pretty cool that you managed to get some.

I need advice: what would be the better fourth move for an expert belt/bluff scarf Greninja? The first three are Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, and HP Fire. I'm divided between Extrasensory and Dark Pulse.

I've used this set with both Extrasensory and Dark Pulse, but now I've got my hands on one with HP Fire. Which move would provide more relevant coverage?

Yes, and Will-O-Wisp is like poisoning, but also cuts any Attack move damage in half (doesn't apply to Special attack), which severely cripples just about any non-fire type Attacker.
I didn't know about the cutting Attack move damage in half, thanks for letting me know. That is very useful.

Thank you for getting back to me. Whoa! Sure looks like there are a lot of Choice Salamences!
Thank you for letting me know about Salamence using Rock Slide and such against Charizard Y. And I apologize if this is a noob question but WoW stands for Will-o-Wisp Correct? And can you tell me how that ties in with Salamence?

Haha, yeah it does seem pretty difficult getting a flawless Bagon. That's pretty cool that you managed to get some.
Oh, yes, it's for Will-o-Wisp. Sorry :P
Will-o-Wisp being widely used is one thing that discourages Physical sets; along with Intimidate, and its weaker physical attacks. Dragon Dance is a significant bonus to Physical sets, but setting up in Doubles is hard and Special sets have constant, reliable power, and Draco Meteor's high initial power and good coverage are good assets there.

The Bagon were dumb luck from a hexflawless Gyarados (dumb luck as well :P )

I didn't know about the cutting Attack move damage in half, thanks for letting me know. That is very useful.
Yep, and it's devastating in Doubles or combo'd with Intimidate. If only one of the best choices for the combo (Arcanine) could have a niche as a support.

-------------------------------------

Still looking for an Apricorn Ball spitback Ralts.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, how viable would an Intimidate Jolly Leftovers Arcanine with Will-O-Wisp, Protect, Close Combat, and Flare Blitz be viable in Doubles? Or an Intimidate Arcanine with Will-O-Wisp in general?

Last edited:
Oh, yes, it's for Will-o-Wisp. Sorry :P
Will-o-Wisp being widely used is one thing that discourages Physical sets; along with Intimidate, and its weaker physical attacks. Dragon Dance is a significant bonus to Physical sets, but setting up in Doubles is hard and Special sets have constant, reliable power, and Draco Meteor's high initial power and good coverage are good assets there.

The Bagon were dumb luck from a hexflawless Gyarados (dumb luck as well :P )
You definitely have a point, I am definitely discouraged now from playing a physical set mence. I'll make sure to stick with special attacking Salamence.

Yep, and it's devastating in Doubles or combo'd with Intimidate. If only one of the best choices for the combo (Arcanine) could have a niche as a support.

-------------------------------------

Still looking for an Apricorn Ball spitback Ralts.
I imagine dealing the drop of Will-O-Wisp and Intimidate really sucks. Arcanine would've been really good support indeed.

You definitely have a point, I am definitely discouraged now from playing a physical set mence. I'll make sure to stick with special attacking Salamence.

I imagine dealing the drop of Will-O-Wisp and Intimidate really sucks. Arcanine would've been really good support indeed.
He might be, since he has a recovery move, respectable stats, a great movepool (including Close Combat, Wild Charge to deal with water-types, and many other moves), and a good typing (only 3 weaknesses).

I need advice: what would be the better fourth move for an expert belt/bluff scarf Greninja? The first three are Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, and HP Fire. I'm divided between Extrasensory and Dark Pulse.

I've used this set with both Extrasensory and Dark Pulse, but now I've got my hands on one with HP Fire. Which move would provide more relevant coverage?
All depends on what your team needs, really. Dark is one of the most spammable types this gen but extrasensory is great for the likes of Venusaur.

I don't have a perfect 31 IVs one, but I've got a Mystery Mew(from the Event in Hoenn) if you're interested.
I really appreciate it but I want my first mew to be able to compete in tournaments. Thanks for offering though are you looking for anything right now maybe I can help?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Physical sets aren't necessarily bad, you just have to be wary about what your opponent might be running to try and hinder those sets.

Physical sets aren't necessarily bad, you just have to be wary about what your opponent might be running to try and hinder those sets.
You have a point, when battling I'll make sure to keep an open mind to the different threats I have to face. Thanks for giving me useful advice.

Last edited:
Selling this guy after making a mistake with breeding.

Male
31/31/31/x/31/31
Impish / Bulletproof
EMs: Spikes, Synthesis

LF: Primarily offers.

We all make mistakes. Usually its the firstborn. Dem back seat accidents.
Also got one 31/x/31/31/31/31 non-DW Ralts left. Modest, dream ball, 4 eggie moves.
Ironically enough, he actually isn't the mistake; that perfect mum I posted a few pages ago didn't have the Egg moves, so I had to go through the process of putting them on a male Smeargle, using the Smeargle to breed a Chespin with the correct Egg moves, and go through the painful process of hoping to get a flawless HA Chespin with one flawless parent and another 3-IV parent again.

And if you're referring to me, I might be interested, I want this other person to get back to me about their Ralts(s).

I'm still looking for the following:
Either A:
A Modest Competivite NON-Shiny Kyogre (original color is better imo)
-OR-
Someone that can clone me my Shiny 31/31/30/0/31/31 Jolly Garchomop (with Iron Head and Outrage) Natsu for 2+Original.
Also something else I realized I have a need of: A Shell Armor Turtwig please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)