Gen 3 General Ubers Generation 3 Discussion

zfs

Everything old is new again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i would assume gengar is pretty good in this tier, it rapes forretress trying to spin (especially with the non-existence of pursuit tyranitar / houndoom), the ground immunity is amazing, and it can explode on blissey/ho-oh to pave a sweep for something. sun boosted fire punch probably smacks the fuck out of metagross too.
This is definitely true. IMO, CB Gengar is a great gimmick set. CB Boom is obvious, Shadow Ball can actually 2hko the standard Lugia and hits the Lati's incredibly hard (can OHKO some set-ups), and you don't need any sp atk investment for sun-boosted Fire Punch to 2hko standard Metagross. If you're ballsy, Focus Punch is a guaranteed OHKO on Blissey with just one layer of Spikes down. Definitely relies a bit on the surprise factor, and is depending on winning a speed tie with the Lati twins (and with a theoretical max speed Lugia).

In lieu of the Lati's being so dominant, Knock Off can actually be useful even in it's low-power Gen 3 form, since it can get rid of Soul Dew. Deo-D is about the only viable user, though. I guess Bannette is there too.

Edit: Oh right, Sludge Bomb is also there as a stronger STAB option (hits Kyogre and Ho-Oh harder than Shadow Ball, hits Blissey pretty hard, can sometimes 2hko Blissey and Kyogre with spikes down), but that also invites Metagross and Groudon switches. Sludge Bomb is probably a better option than Focus Punch, but your main arsenal is going to be Shadow Ball, try to get a Fire Punch on a Steel if you can, then Boom as your going away present.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Idk whether here or somewhere else but can we get people putting in some replays of it being played or something? I'd like to get into the ADV tiers but lol I'm so clueless where to start besides grabbing some teams and playing like shit constantly. It would help to see how certain playstyles react to each other and what not instead of making assumptions off of text. I mean there's a replay thread but it's just full of shenanigans of gen 6 with stuff we already see all the time, aka the usual sweeps and hax games. Could help some visual learners get the idea of what goes on.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)