Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Deoxys Glitch discovered for Pokemon Emerald

The video explains it more in-depth than I can.

Who knew the Pomeg Glitch would end up being so powerful?

EDIT: Video replaced with one that shows the complete process from start to finish. It successfully hatches a Jirachi.

Last edited:
pokebank allowed unobtainable shinys to pass they allow any mon to pass as long has they have a legit moveset obtainable since gen 3. with a few event move exceptions. they will also allow hacked mons that had unreleased in gen 5 hidden ability to transfer but since they changed the hidden ability for a few those mons will not be able to play online.

pokebank allowed unobtainable shinys to pass they allow any mon to pass as long has they have a legit moveset obtainable since gen 3. with a few event move exceptions. they will also allow hacked mons that had unreleased in gen 5 hidden ability to transfer but since they changed the hidden ability for a few those mons will not be able to play online.
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Certain event Pokemon won't make it through Pokebank unless the 'fateful encounter' flag is activated. For example, a Darkrai caught in Diamond/Pearl version through use of the tweaking glitch can't get through Pokebank, and I'm guessing a Mew/Celebi/Deoxys obtained through this glitch in Emerald would run into the same fateful encounter issue.

ANY shiny Jirachi, which is, in fact, legitimately possible to obtain (though incredibly rare, obviously), will NOT pass through to Pokemon Bank.

Just thought I'd mention that.

I really wanted one in XY, too p_q

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Certain event Pokemon won't make it through Pokebank unless the 'fateful encounter' flag is activated. For example, a Darkrai caught in Diamond/Pearl version through use of the tweaking glitch can't get through Pokebank, and I'm guessing a Mew/Celebi/Deoxys obtained through this glitch in Emerald would run into the same fateful encounter issue.
They wouldn't. No Pokemon migrated from Gen 3 can be fateful encounter, because it is not an encounter method in those games. Therefore, event Pokemon such as the 10ANNIV Pokemon which read as being obtained in a fateful encounter in RSEFRLG do not display the same message in Generation IV and onwards.

This glitch is really interesting, though. I'd like to try it but I'm sure I'd mess it up somehow...

Does this need a working battery? I stopped playing my Hoenn games because the battery is dead...
The battery dying shouldn't impair the RSE games in a critical fashion like it did in GSC. The battery only controls time-based events, it doesn't hold the entire save file ala GSC. If the battery died and the save file went with it, the game was likely pirated or a bootleg. Did it have a "The game can be played message" when it turned on?

No it's just that I won't be able to grow berries anymore, and I might not be able to cath Snorunt...or even one of the Regis since we have to wait for time to pass...

or even one of the Regis since we have to wait for time to pass...
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Island_Cave

To open the door in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, once in the lobby area, the player must read the Braille inside and simply stand in the same place for two minutes without touching the game. The door will still open even if the game's battery has run dry and time-based events no longer occur. The Braille reads: "Stop and wait. Wait for time to pass twice."
To be honest, if it is really that much of an issue, you can replace the battery inside the cartridge. It takes a CR1616 watch battery, I think.

So I had a go last night at trying to hatch a Jirachi of my own, and it's proving very frustrating. Reloading repeatedly from just outside the grass with my poisoned Pokemon, I've given it a fair number of attempts and not had any luck yet. Whenever I do get an egg, I always end up sending out a level 100 version of SEASOR (with the peculiar colouration typical of Pomeg glitch Pokemon and a couple of glitch moves). Starting to wonder if I'm doing something wrong. Will post back if/when I succeed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)