Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best way to deal with Weakness policy Aegislash?I don't know why but it is giving my HO teams a lot of trouble and I've seen a lot more of it now that I'm approaching 1400 rating.
Anything with Unaware rapestomps it.

Dragonite with full h.p can eat an attack and kill with earthquake

If it's almost dead you can use priority moves like bullet punch

I feel like this is the best place to ask this; do we have a ballpark guess of when the Gen 6 Analysis will be completed and added to the main site? It took about 3 months in gen 5 for everything to update (although I don't think they finished every Pokemon at once back then).

Anything with Unaware rapestomps it.

Dragonite with full h.p can eat an attack and kill with earthquake

If it's almost dead you can use priority moves like bullet punch
Not really. Of the Unaware users, Quagsire has awful Special Defense, and Clefable is weak to Iron Head. Mandibuzz, Bisharp, Hippowdon, Landorus-T, and basically anything faster that Aegislash that can take a Shadow Sneak are good checks to Weakness Policy Aegislash. It isn't that great of a set to begin with, however. (tbh weakness policy is a pretty bad item in general, since the few things that can ever use it such as Dragonite and Aegislash need a ton of support to even make good use of the item, which is a pretty situationally useful item anyway.)

Yeah so does SD definitely not trigger Aegislash's Stance Change anymore? If it doesn't, can you quote and reply this post so it's flagged up to me, cheers!

EDIT: Otherwise, I've been experiencing weird bugs on SO.

Yeah so does SD definitely not trigger Aegislash's Stance Change anymore? If it doesn't, can you quote and reply this post so it's flagged up to me, cheers!

EDIT: Otherwise, I've been experiencing weird bugs on SO.
The only thing that reverts Aegis back to Shield Form is King's Shield. To switch to Blade Form, he has to use a damaging move.

Are there any benefits for using Double-Edge on kangaskhan instead of max happiness Return?

Other than not having to raise happiness..?

Somewhat irrelevant, but Iron defense will also revert Aegislash back to shield forme, as it is a move that is considered to be defensive, or something along those lines. Not that you will ever see an Aegislash use Iron defense, but hey, the more you know ;).

Somewhat irrelevant, but Iron defense will also revert Aegislash back to shield forme, as it is a move that is considered to be defensive, or something along those lines. Not that you will ever see an Aegislash use Iron defense, but hey, the more you know ;).
No it will not.

No it will not.
I'm pretty sure it does, tho I can't find a good source or confirm it myself :S. It's not mentioned on Bulbapedia, so it might be something people thought before, tho the place I read this was on this site, and was in response to such a question. Not like it really matters, since no one sensible will ever use iron defense on Aegislash :P, so w/e.

Uvood said:
I'm pretty sure it does, tho I can't find a good source or confirm it myself :S. It's not mentioned on Bulbapedia, so it might be something people thought before, tho the place I read this was on this site, and was in response to such a question. Not like it really matters, since no one sensible will ever use iron defense on Aegislash :P, so w/e.
A lot of people thought that it did at first, but as time went on players found out that the reports that claimed this were incorrect. You probably read that Iron Defense triggered Stance Change in an early Aegislash post before the theory was debunked. Here's a bulbapedia post with an up-to-date description of Stance Change: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Stance_Change

What's the best way to combat Deo-D? (and why isn't this thing being suspected yet?)
Unfortunately, Deoxys-D is a really, really hard Pokemon to beat. If it's carrying Mental Herb, you can't stop it with Taunt, making it very annoying. Its bulk and Speed also guarantee that it can easily get up one layer and survive even extremely powerful super effective attacks. One way is to use Magic Coat, however, it's users are quite obvious, so Deoxys-D can easily switch out or Seismic Toss if it's carrying it. Another option is Magic Bounce. However, as you may know, Espeon and Xatu are pretty shit in OU now adays. However, I do remember awhile ago I ran a pretty fun Espeon set to counter DeoSharp; it was Focus Sash with Hidden Power Fighting and Shadow Ball, the former OHKO'd Bisharp while the latter did the most to Deoxys-D (though admittedly it was pretty bad outside of those match-ups, and even then it didn't always preform its job.

Honestly, Deoxys-D is almost guaranteed to get up at least one layer of hazards if he's running Mental Herb. My advise to run a hazards clearer; either run Excadrill, and if they carry Aegislash, to use Iron Head on the predicted switch to pop their Balloon, or run Latios with Hidden Power Fighting to OHKO Bisharp (since most Bisharp's on higher ladder tend to Pursuit) Overall, though, I think the main reason they're waiting on Suspect Testing Deoxys-D is because of the current Suspect Test now. However, I would not be surprised if you see it come up soon as Suspect, mainly do to the way it's been able to absolutely dominate the ladder.

Anyone mind helping me with a Calm Latias set with Defog (if it's worth using on it)?
Just transferred an HP Fire one with Defog.

Was thinking:
Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Roost/HP Fire

Anyone mind helping me with a Calm Latias set with Defog (if it's worth using on it)?
Just transferred an HP Fire one with Defog.

Was thinking:
Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Roost/HP Fire
I can tell you right now that Calm Mind is a really, really hard set to pull off effectively. This is mainly due to the extreme commonality of Dark-types, as well as th omnipresent Aegislash. If you really wanted to use HP Fire, I'd recommend just using standard Life Orb with Draco/HP Fire/Healing Wish/Defog or something along those lines. Though if this is still on a 5th Gen Save File, I'd consider keeping it there and using it for 5th Gen Wifi battles.

Also, if you do decide to keep in in 5th Gen and use Calm Mind, make sure you move those SpDef EVs into Speed, in order to make sure Latias can heal with Roost and Calm Mind as fast as possible! :]

Is Charizard Y good at beating Baton Pass?
Charizard Y is decent, as Baton pass struggles with tanking it's sun boosted fire attacks. The problem is you are forced to run flamethrower, as fire blast's pp is easily stalled out. And after a few speed boosts and sun stalled out, they can go into Zapdos, set up a charge and kill you with boosted thunderbolt. Charizard X would be better, but he can also be played around. They do pressure Baton pass, but def do not outright beat it.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Not when it wants to use Fire Blast to do as much damage as possible. You will miss, and you will run out of PP quite fast.

Pokemon like Mega Pinsir and Nasty Plot + Taunt Thundurus (nasty plot while they expect a taunt and switch to espeon, and then from there automatically win unless they outplay you with sash smeargle + espeon switches or some shit) tend to put a lot of pressure on BP and often beat it. Landorus-I with Sludge Wave is good too.

Charizard's not the best answer do to reasons outlined above, but both Mega-Pinsir and Mawile serve as good pokemon against BP (while also being good in general) as they can smash through early game before boosts have accumulated with their raw power. Though Mega-Pinisr is much less effective if they have Zapdos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)