Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
I have the weird idea that a lot of the submissions for this slate is going to end up being very similar. Anyways, here are mine:

Cloyster-Mega (Cloysterate)

Water/Ice -----> Water/Steel

Shell Armor/Skill Link/Overcoat -----> Filter

50/95/180/85/45/70 (525) -----> 50/125/230/105/65/50 (625)

+ Bullet Punch, + Iron Head, + Aqua Jet

Megas usually capitalize on the strongest Stat. Likewise, Mega Cloyster gets a huge buff to its Defense. While it gains only a meagre amount on Attack, it still has access to Shell Smash. So I decided to de-buff its Speed to make it even. The new dual priorities are as per the flavour of it dex entries. Mega Cloyster essentially becomes a great Spikes setter and Spinner, one that's capable of taking out many Defoggers with its albeit-not-STAB Ice-type moves.

Here are some Calcs against prominent OU Pokémon to prove its defensive capabilities:

0 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Cloyster: 87-103 (28.6 - 33.8%) -- 0.3% chance to 3HKO

252+ Atk Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Cloyster: 112-132 (36.8 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Cloyster: 126-148 (41.4 - 48.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Electrode-Mega (Electrodate)

Electric -----> Electric

Soundproof/Static/Aftermath -----> Volt Power (Lightning Rod + Volt Absorb + Motor Drive)

60/50/70/80/80/140 (480) -----> 60/60/80/120/100/160 (580)

+ Volt Switch

Electrode's Dex entries go on about how it lives off electricity and can even cause black-outs in huge cities. So, an Ability that gives it a mixture of three Electric-type abilities, all of which involve absorbing the electricity, fits it more than anything. Its Speed Tier is also fantastic, as it now outspeeds most, if not all, viable scarfers. The best way to use it would be to switch in on an Electric-type attack, restore HP loss if any, gain Speed and Special Attack, Volt Switch for a nifty amount of damage (If you switch in on a Scarfed Electric move, you can use Charge on the switch out for an even more disastrous damage output on what's coming in; Hidden Power Ice is always there to take care of Ground Types), or if it's late game, try to sweep from there. It won't be broken for its Ability because its movepool is too barren.

Hitmonlee-Mega (Hitmonlite)

Fighting -----> Fighting

Limber/Reckless/Unburden -----> Acrobatism (37.5% chance that its Kicking Moves will hit 2 times and 12.5% chance that it will hit 3 times. Recharge for 1 turn after using a Kicking Move.)

50/120/53/35/110/87 (455) -----> 50/145/63/45/130/112 (555)

+ Stomp, + Low Kick, + Triple Kick

I had the idea of submitting a Kicking Moves version of Iron Fist, but it seems like someone has already done that. So I made an Ability which is basically a psuedo-Parental Bond, but involves a contingency where the user has to Recharge after using a Kicking Move (Flavour from Dex entries). Triple Kick in conjunction with Acrobatism will essentially hit a maximum of 9 times (Effectively 180 Base Power). High Jump Kick can hit a maximum of 3 times, with a destructive Base Power of 390. But all this power is offset by the fact that if a Kicking Move is used, the user cannot switch out and has to Recharge the next turn (Which can be utilized to effectively Burn it or switch into something that can Revenge Kill it).

Here are Hitmonlee's Damage against two of the most Defensive walls in OU:

252 Atk Hitmonlee High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 397-469 (115.4 - 136.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Hitmonlee High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 442-522 (105.2 - 124.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

[In Progress]
That yellow is the most annoying color ever... Also Electrode already gets Volt Switch

Anyways, here's my Electrode submission, any thoughts?

Mega Electrode
Electric -> Electric
Soundproof/Static/Aftermath -> Speed Boost
HP: 60 -> 60
Atk: 50 -> 50
Def: 70 -> 80 (+10)
SpA: 80 -> 130 (+50)
SpD: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Spe: 140 -> 160 (+20)
Total: 480 -> 580
Moves: +Heat Wave

Last edited:
ALRIGHT EVERYONE SUBMISSION TIME FOR ROSENFELDIUS:

Mega Marowak
Ground --> Ground/Dark
Rock Head/Lightning Rod/Battle Armor --> Huge Power
60/80/110/50/80/45 --> 60/105(+25)/135(+25)/65(+15)/105(+25)/55(+10)
New Moves: Sucker Punch, Payback, Pursuit

ALRIGHT LADIES AND GENTS,

There have been many creative submissions up to this point. And that's great, one should always look for creative ways of going about things.

However, one should not go about creativity with the sole mindset of "what can I make that's totally different just for the sake of being different?"

No. Sometimes, the simple, boring solution is the best one. And I think, in the case of Marowak, that this could not be more true.

Many people are submitting Ground/Ghost Marowaks. Now, the reason for this is, one Marowak in Gen I was killed by Team Rocket, and its spirit was disturbed. You had to fight the ghost Marowak to bring it peace. Or something.

Anyway, while this is a neat concept, that was one Marowak. Not an entire species. There is a backround event that happened involving one Marowak, and has nothing to do with the pokemon species as a whole.

Now, what the Dex descriptions DO say about the species, is that is a savage Pokemon. It uses bones as weapons. This seems much more characteristic of a Dark or Fighting type, no?

Fighting type is just as valid and has plenty of competitive reasoning as well as flavorful ones, but let me explain why I believe Dark is the better competitive option here:

Fighting and Ground have good coverage, but the combo is walled to hell by Gengar, which in this meta is something nobody wants. Dark, however, fixes this issue, as well as the Psychic weakness brought on by Fighting. Plus, I feel Dark fits a bit more as far as 'savagery' goes, but this is honestly just opinion-based.

Here are coverage calculations for Fighting/Ground (number of all pokemon hit for varying effectiveness):

3 - No Effect
104 - Not Very Effective
345 - Normal Effectiveness
322 - Super Effective

Not bad, good coverage, mostly. Let's look at Dark/Ground now:

0 - No Effect
18 - Not Very Effective
471 - Normal Effectiveness
285 - Super Effective

At first glance, the less SE coverage looks inferior, but what you DO see is the vastly superior Neutral Coverage. Plus, with the added Dark Typing, and my new movepool, the slow-but-mighty Marowak can now visciously abuse three new, deadly moves. He gains the strongest Sucker Punch in the game, and patches up his speed issue somewhat. What you ALSO get is a terrifyingly powerful Payback, which can take advantage of his low speed to demolish opponents. Gaining the ability to Pursuit Trap is also a godsend for dealing with the S-Tiered Aegislash, many Gengar variants, and the Lati twins.

Now, there is much debate over Marowak's ability.

Why?

Robbing him of Thick Club is the greatest sin you could commit against Marowak, as no matter what you do, you make him WORSE with most abilities, while others make rediculous, unnecessarily complicated abilities that would be difficult to code and make little to no sense flavorwise and competitively.

Parental Bond, the only other rational ability, is the signature ability of Mega Kangaskhan. In my book, we should leave signature abilities alone, as they are 'signature' for a reason

Huge Power is, truthfully, the best option flavorwise and competitively. All arguments saying otherwise are weak by comparison, and not good enough to justify having with the loss of Thick Club

The stat spread is crafted in such a way to make it as PROFESSIONALY done as possible, not creatively. With few exceptions, Game Freak buffs all of the Mega Evolutions stats in proportion to the existing stats.

For example, the SDef stat and Attack stats are still equal. The Defense stat is still higher than both of them. Speed and SAtk are also in the same boat, with SAtk still being a few points higher. As far as stat distribution goes, this is a fairly textbook example for the stat changes of Mega Evolutions.

While not the most creative Marowak, I believe it to be very solid on paper, truthful to the Dex descriptions, flavorful, and competitively excellent but not broken.

Creativity is welcomed. But creativity isn't everything.

==============================================================================

This section is for recommended sets and damage calculations to accompany them. Here's one to start us off:

All-Out Attacker
Marowak @ Marowite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
-Sucker Punch
-Bonemerang
-(Coverage Move; ex. Facade, Double Edge, Stone Edge, Iron Head)
-Pursuit/Payback

Offensive:
252+ Atk Huge Power Marowak Bonemerang (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 508-604 (167.1 - 198.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Marowak Bonemerang (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 436-516 (134.5 - 159.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Marowak Payback (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 434-512 (133.9 - 158%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Marowak Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 348-410 (107.4 - 126.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Marowak Bonemerang (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 1176-1392 (304.6 - 360.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Marowak Payback (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 178-210 (53.2 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Huge Power Marowak Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 119-140 (35.6 - 41.9%) -- 88.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Huge Power Marowak Bonemerang (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 324-384 (78.2 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Marowak Bonemerang (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 372-440 (92 - 108.9%) -- approx. 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Marowak Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 288-340 (67.9 - 80.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Huge Power Marowak Double-Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Breloom: 297-350 (113.3 - 133.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Marowak Bonemerang (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Mega Venusaur: 204-242 (56 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Marowak Bonemerang (2 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gyarados: 288-342 (86.7 - 103%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Marowak Bonemerang (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Infernape: 816-964 (278.4 - 329%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Marowak Bonemerang (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 408-482 (57.9 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Marowak Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 153-180 (37.8 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Huge Power Marowak Bonemerang (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 204-240 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- approx. 83.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Huge Power Marowak Bonemerang (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 338-398 (104.6 - 123.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Marowak Bonemerang (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Mega Scizor: 180-212 (52.3 - 61.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Marowak Bonemerang (2 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 568-672 (190.6 - 225.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Defensive:
252 Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Marowak: 375-444 (115.7 - 137%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Marowak: 414-488 (127.7 - 150.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Marowak: 181-214 (55.8 - 66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Marowak: 186-218 (57.4 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Marowak: 254-300 (78.3 - 92.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Marowak: 338-400 (104.3 - 123.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Marowak: 330-390 (101.8 - 120.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 SpA Tangrowth Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Marowak: 168-200 (51.8 - 61.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Suicune Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Marowak: 152-182 (46.9 - 56.1%) -- 81.3% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Keldeo Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Marowak: 328-385 (101.2 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
40 Atk Mega Scizor Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Marowak: 194-230 (59.8 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Marowak: 202-238 (62.3 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Another set, more Mawile-esque (EVs and ability have not yet been optimized, bear in mind):

Swords Dance Sweeper
Marowak @ Marowite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
-Swords Dance
-Sucker Punch
-Bonemerang
-(Coverage Move)

Offensive:
Will add later!

Defensive:
Will also add later!

Last edited:

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus

Mega Marowak
Ground --> Ground/Dark

There have been many creative submissions up to this point. And that's great, one should always look for creative ways of going about things.

However, one should not go about creativity with the sole mindset of "what can I make that's totally different just for the sake of being different?"

No. Sometimes, the simple, boring solution is the best one. And I think, in the case of Marowak, that this could not be more true.

Many people are submitting Ground/Ghost Marowaks. Now, the reason for this is, one Marowak in Gen I was killed by Team Rocket, and its spirit was disturbed. You had to fight the ghost Marowak to bring it peace. Or something.

Anyway, while this is a neat concept, that was one Marowak. Not an entire species. There is a backround event that happened involving one Marowak, and has nothing to do with the pokemon species as a whole.

Now, what the Dex descriptions DO say about the species, is that is a savage Pokemon. It uses bones as weapons. This seems much more characteristic of a Dark or Fighting type, no?

Fighting type is just as valid and has plenty of competitive reasoning as well as flavorful ones, but let me explain why I believe Dark is the better competitive option here:

Fighting and Ground have good coverage, but the combo is walled to hell by Gengar, which in this meta is something nobody wants. Dark, however, fixes this issue, as well as the Psychic weakness brought on by Fighting. Plus, I feel Dark fits a bit more as far as 'Savagery' goes, but this is honestly just opinion-based.

Here are coverage calculations for Fighting/Ground (number of all pokemon hit for varying effectiveness):

3 - No Effect
104 - Not Very Effective
322 - Super Effective

0 - No Effect
18 - Not Very Effective
285 - Super Effective

At first glance, the less SE coverage looks inferior, but what you DO see is the vastly superior Neutral Coverage. Plus, with the added Dark Typing, and my new movepool, the slow-but-mighty Marowak can now visciously abuse three new, deadly moves. He gains the strongest Sucker Punch in the game, and patches up his speed issue somewhat. What you ALSO get is a terrifyingly powerful Payback, which can take advantage of his low speed to demolish opponents. Gaining the ability to Pursuit Trap is also a godsend for dealing with the S-Tiered Aegislash, many Gengar variants, and the Lati twins.

Why?

Robbing him of Thick Club is the greatest sin you could commit against Marowak, as no matter what you do, you make him WORSE with most abilities, while others make rediculous, unnecessarily complicated abilities that would be difficult to code and make little to no sense flavorwise and competitively.

Parental Bond, the only other rational ability, is the signature ability of Mega Kangaskhan. In my book, we should leave signature abilities alone, as they are 'signature' for a reason

Huge Power is, truthfully, the best option flavorwise and competitively. All arguments saying otherwise are weak by comparison, and not good enough to justify having with the loss of Thick Club

The stat spread is crafted in such a way to make it as PROFESSIONALY done as possible, not creatively. With few exceptions, Game Freak buffs all of the Mega Evolutions stats in proportion to the existing stats.

For example, the SDef stat and Attack stats are still equal. The Defense stat is still higher than both of them. Speed and SAtk are also in the same boat, with SAtk still being a few points higher. As far as stat distribution goes, this is a fairly textbook example for the stat changes of Mega Evolutions.

While not the most creative Marowak, I believe it to be very solid on paper, truthful to the Dex descriptions, flavorful, and competitively excellent but not broken.

This is very similar to what I would have submitted and I love it, you have my vote :)

Mega Marowak
Ground --> Ground/Dark

Fighting and Ground have good coverage, but the combo is walled to hell by Gengar, which in this meta is something nobody wants. Dark, however, fixes this issue, as well as the Psychic weakness brought on by Fighting. Plus, I feel Dark fits a bit more as far as 'Savagery' goes, but this is honestly just opinion-based.

3 - No Effect
104 - Not Very Effective
322 - Super Effective

0 - No Effect
18 - Not Very Effective
285 - Super Effective

Why?

It's like Mega Mawile but better in every way. Definitely a cool idea.

It's like Mega Mawile but better in every way... not sure whether that's good or bad. Definitely a cool idea though.
Totally different typing though (defensively Marowak's is much worse), they check completely different things. This Marowak can handle Heatran but falls to Conkeldurr and Breloom, whereas Mawile is the exact opposite. Marowak dies to Azumarill which Mawile handles, but Marowak can handle an unboosted Zard X.

Similar stats, same ability, totally different checks and counters.

Last edited:

Cloyster (Cloysterite)
Type: Water/Ice -> Water/Steel
Abilities: Shell Armor, Skill Link (Overcoat) -> Sturdy
New Moves: Mirror Shot, Reflect, Stealth Rock

HP: 50 -> 50
Atk: 95 -> 110(+15)
Def: 180 -> 180
SpA: 85 -> 115(+30)
SpD: 45 -> 85(+40)
Spe: 70 -> 75(+5)
BST: 525 -> 625
Mega Cloyster takes a defensive route, being like a Deoxys-D with decent offenses.Sturdy allows it to set up hazards easier, but it is total set-up bait. Just look at this:
252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Cloyster through Reflect: 66-78 (21.7 - 25.6%) -- 1% chance to 4HKO
Bulkeh.

Last edited:

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus

Cloyster (Cloysterite)

HP: 50 -> 70(+20)
SpA: 85 -> 95(+10)
Mega Cloyster takes a defensive route, being like a Deoxys-D with decent offenses.Sturdy allows it to set up hazards easier, but it is total set-up bait. Just look at this:
252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 252+ Def Mega Cloyster through Reflect: 56-67 (23.2 - 27.8%) -- 77.6% chance to 4HKO
Bulkeh.
Um, why would Cloyster invest in Def when investing in HP is much better?

Cloyster (Cloysterite)

HP: 50 -> 70(+20)
SpA: 85 -> 95(+10)
252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 252+ Def Mega Cloyster through Reflect: 56-67 (23.2 - 27.8%) -- 77.6% chance to 4HKO
Bulkeh.
You're not allowed to raise the HP Stat on any mega evolution. No exceptions.

Totally different typing though (defensively Marowaks is much worse), they check completely different things. This Marowak can handle Heatran but falls to Conkeldurr and Breloom, whereas Mawile is the exact opposite. Marowak dies to Azumarill which Mawile handles, but Marowak can handle an unboosted Zard X.

Similar stats, same ability, totally different checks and counters.
Yeah, it was just my first impression. Definitely a cool idea, maybe lower Atk a tiny bit? Like +20 instead of +25, doesn't make a huge (hehe) difference but eh

Yeah, it was just my first impression. Definitely a cool idea, maybe lower Atk a tiny bit? Like +20 instead of +25, doesn't make a huge (hehe) difference but eh
I could, but then I'd have to lower SDef to keep the ratios ideal. I don't think lowering Atk is really necessary, he's got the same Atk and better speed + bulk than Mawile, but his typing defensively is so much worse that I really don't see it as overkill at all.

I mean, my Marowak has 6 weaknesses and 4 resists vs. Mawile's 2 weaknesses and 9 resists.

I do think this Marowak is balanced very well. He's an equally terrifying wallbreaker of a totally different sort, but his typing makes him easier to dispose of by a wider variety of things.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
I like how the guy before me who did and my suggestion have become not the only ones to embrace the idea of ground/dark marowak, nice job guys

Cloyster
Ability: Shell Armor/Skill Link/Overcoat -> Iron Barbs
Stats: 50/95/180/85/45/70 -> 50/95/190 (+10)/135 (+50)/75 (+30)/80 (+10)
New Moves: Earth Power, Flash Cannon, and Power Gem

I gave it a steel type because it says in the pokedex everywhere that it's shell is extremely hard, and where did the ice type come from anyways? I mean, seriously? The steel typing also gives it quite a few new resistances, though it's three weaknesses are extremely common attacking types. This also allows cloyster to counter most fairies. I went with Iron Barbs because he would now have, well, iron barbs on his shell. Gave him a huge special attack buff so that it could now be a good special sweeper. I also gave him earth power and power gym for coverage and flash cannon for stab. Pretty simple.

Electrode
Type: Electric -> Electric/Steel
Ability: Soundproof/Static/Aftermath -> Levitate
Stats: 60/50/70/80/80/140 -> 60/50/120 (+50)/105 (+25)/100 (+20)/145 (+5)
New Moves: Rapid Spin, Encor, and Energy Ball

This is a speedy support electrode. I gave it a steel typing because of it being a good defensive typing and mah flavor. I gave it levitate, because it is known do "drift on winds" and it also gives immunity to it's only x4 weakness. The stats are obvious, I gave it improved defenses so that it can tank some hits. I also gave it some improved special attack so that it wouldn't be a sitting duck if it was taunted, but I didn't give it much more speed because he really doesn't need any more. The new moves are to help it with it's role. He gets rapid spin, because, well, he is a round ball that can probably spin rapidly. It also helps with hazards, obviously. I gave it encor, because fast encors can be devastating especially if used on someone using a ground move. Energy ball was because of the coverage it gives. Electrode also pairs well with any belly drummers or shell smashers, because it pretty much allows them to set up for free.

Marowak
Type: Ground -> Ground/Fighting
Ability: Lightning Rod/Rock Head/Battle Armor -> Pure Power
Stats: 60/80/110/50/80/45 -> 60/120 (+40)/115 (+5)/60 (+10)/95 (+15)/75 (+30)
New Moves: Close Combat, Drain Punch, and Ice Punch

This is a pretty common set being thrown out there, but it fits so well that I just went with it anyways. Pure power is to make up for the loss of the thick club. The reason I went with pure power over huge power is because of it's fighting type, which it why I think the medicham family has it. The fighting type is to reference it's savage nature and it just looks like it could be a fighting type, not to mention the incredible stab it gives him. The stat spread aims to make him a wall-breaker that most pokemon can only dream of. You could also just go with a bulky spread and use drain punch to get through, but his defenses aren't exactly the best for that. Close combat is his main stab, but it decreases his defenses so that makes it extremely hard to survive a hit, especially with his extremely low speed stat. Ice punch was mainly added for coverage and to give him all three of the elemental punches.

Hitmonlee
Type: Fighting -> Fighting
Ability: Limber/Reckless/Unburden -> Steel Toe (Hitmonlee's kick-based moves do 1.2x damage. The moves affected are: Blaze Kick, Double Kick, Hi Jump Kick, Jump Kick, Low Kick, Mega Kick, Rolling Kick, and Triple Kick)
Stats: 50/120/53/35/110/87 -> 50/160 (+40)/63 (+10)/55 (+20)/110/117 (+30)
New Moves: Triple Kick

Hitmonlee is meant to be hitmonchan's counterpart right? Well, this mega further expands upon that, with an ability that does the same thing as his used-to-be-signature ability that boosts kicking instead of punching. This makes hi jump miss a great move, being at 234 base power after stab. His stat spread is to make him a great sweeper that can be revenge killed by pretty much anything faster than it. I mostly gave it triple kick for flavor and because it is boosted by it's ability.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
tbh I honestly do not understand the flavor of huyge power/ pure power at all. It's not like it has some godlike power (I believe azumarill with huge power was supposed to be an inside pkmn dev joke to make it viable cause it really doesn't make sense) through meditation like medicham nor does it have the raw savagery and wildness of mawile. (diggersby is just supposed to be azu v1.5 imo, idk why they would give it huge power in any other case) I think thick club makes sense more than any ability we could give it due to it really fitting marowak and just making sense (strong bone = strong hits with moves since it pretty much uses it's bone for anything, it even smashes it bone to create an earthquake) is the big problem. Parental bond fits because there is no other bigger maternal love themed pokemon other than baby momma kangaskhan itself. btw pure power imo should remain a psychic exclusive since it's about meditation to gain higher power.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Mega Marowak

Ground ----> Ground
Rock Head / Lightningrod / Battle Armor ----> Grounder, Ground-type moves can hit Flying-types for neutral damage, and also hits Levitators and those with Air Balloon and Magnet Rise. Enemies hit after this are knocked onto the ground, like Smack Down.
60 / 80 / 110 / 50 / 80 / 45 (425) ----> 60 / 130 / 120 / 50 / 100 / 65 (525)
New Moves: none

Everyone's going with Huge Power shenanigans, so I thought I'd try a different approach. I can understand why people like Huge Power on Mega Marowak, but I thought it'd be interesting to prevent anything from switching in for free instead of mindlessly powering him up. Airborne Pokemon beware, as you can no longer come in for free. Charizard, Skarmory, Zapdos, Air Balloon Aegislash and Excadrill, Landorus, Thundurus, Talonflame, and everything else now must take extra caution when handing Marowak, lest they find themselves getting Marowak'd. No new moves were added since Ground / Fire coverage in Bonemerang and Fire Punch isn't resisted by anything now, and he already has boosting moves in Swords Dance and Rock Polish, so he can actually pull off a fairly effective Double-Dance set.

Mega Marowak

Ground ----> Ground
Rock Head / Lightningrod / Battle Armor ----> Grounder, Ground-type moves can hit Flying-types for neutral damage, and also hits Levitators and those with Air Balloon and Magnet Rise. Enemies hit after this are knocked onto the ground, like Smack Down.
60 / 80 / 110 / 50 / 80 / 45 (425) ----> 60 / 130 / 120 / 50 / 100 / 65 (525)
New Moves: none

Everyone's going with Huge Power shenanigans, so I thought I'd try a different approach. I can understand why people like Huge Power on Mega Marowak, but I thought it'd be interesting to prevent anything from switching in for free instead of mindlessly powering him up. Airborne Pokemon beware, as you can no longer come in for free. Charizard, Skarmory, Zapdos, Air Balloon Aegislash and Excadrill, Landorus, Thundurus, Talonflame, and everything else now must take extra caution when handing Marowak, lest they find themselves getting Marowak'd. No new moves were added since Ground / Fire coverage in Bonemerang and Fire Punch isn't resisted by anything now, and he already has boosting moves in Swords Dance and Rock Polish, so he can actually pull off a fairly effective Double-Dance set.
Hey, this idea is cool! I think there are pokes that deserve Huge/Pure Power more, and Marowak can do without that.

Hey, this idea is cool! I think there are pokes that deserve Huge/Pure Power more, and Marowak can do without that.
It's a pretty cool idea, but to say that there are other pokemon that deserve Huge Power more... other than the ones that already have it, that's just not true, with the one exception being Farfetch'd because it's Pure Shit without it.

It's a pretty cool idea, but to say that there are other pokemon that deserve Huge Power more... other than the ones that already have it, that's just not true, with the one exception being Farfetch'd because it's Pure Shit without it.
Don't forget Delibird, you're favorite ... humm... favorite... Santa Claus bird? That thing really needs those Huge Power Rapid Spins and Presents, I mean Ice Shards and Aerial Aces? Yeah it's bad.

Last edited:
nor does it have the raw savagery and wildness of mawile.
Okay, pokedex, take it away
Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald: "MAROWAK is the evolved form of a CUBONE that has overcome its sadness at the loss of its mother and grown tough. This POKéMON’s tempered and hardened spirit is not easily broken."
FireRed: "It is small and was originally very weak. Its temperament turned ferocious when it began using bones."
Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black, White, Black 2, and White 2: "From its birth, this savage Pokémon constantly holds bones. It is skilled in using them as weapons."
Yeah, it's not wild or savage at all. Only eleven out of twenty of his Pokedex entries are purely about his wildness/strength/savagery.

Mega Hitmonlee

Fighting --> Fighting
Limber/ Reckless/ Unburden --> Lead Foot (does exactly what you think it does)
50/120/53/35/110/87------>50/150(+30)/68(+15)/35/130(+20)/122(+35)
New Moves: None

This thing is a pure fighting-type to the core. Anything other than that just seems redankulous, it's literally the Bruce Lee turned into a Pokemon, and unfortunately "asian" is not a type selection. So fighting is here to stay.

Hitmonchan gets Iron Fist, Hitmonlee gets jack shit. He has unburden which is fantastic, but when you can't lose your item, well... not so much anymore. The kick version of Iron Fist fits so, so well that while everybody is doing it, there's a reason for that: it's the best choice.

Again, I worked my Stat Magic on it. Proportionate raise in stats, with a little more bumped up in speed to somwhat compensate for the lack of Unburden.

I didn't go crazy with the Atk Stat because, with this ability, High Jump Kick hits like a cement truck to the dick, only in your face and it's not a truck, it's a foot at the end of a slinky attached to a chicken leg with eyes.

Callin this bitch Lead Foot since Steel Toe is less cool and "lead foot" is typically associated with goin' fast

and you know what they say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)