Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Brawl has been a dying horse lately, smash 4 will kill its tournament scene entirely.

You can't expect people to be Isai dedicated to one game, just won't happen.

EDIT: Not that PM hasn't killed brawl scene entirely already

Brawl has been a dying horse lately, smash 4 will kill its tournament scene entirely.
There are still really good, noteworthy players that deserved to be at this event. More than Milktea and Rapture, at the very least.

You can't expect people to be Isai dedicated to one game, just won't happen.
What are you talking about? There are still a lot of good people who only play Brawl. Nairo and ADHD, for one. Not that they won't switch over, but that has nothing to do with what I'm saying

EDIT: Not that PM hasn't killed brawl scene entirely already
Yeah, that's because of P:M. Nevermind that they're completely different games and that P:M was already out for 2 years before Brawl started losing steam, P:M is definitely the sole cause of its decline.

Last edited:

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
This would be if Nintendo hosted (when XY was about to come out/had just came out) a 16 player, single elimination XY OU tournament with the best players on Smogon and someone complained "ugh why isnt it double elimn bw2 with <these people> instead of <the chosen players>?"

Slightly bad comparison, this is huge for what probably is one of the smaller (legitimate) competitive scenes.

It doesn't matter who got selected, they could have picked top street fighter players and I guarantee the quality of play would have been the same. Not to mention several people will be forced to pick weak characters and any ties are literally broken by a popularity contest.

Why you would be dedicated to the worst smash game is beyond me.
Ask Mango.

In other news, Gamecube controllers can be used on the Wii U. I still think the Pro controller is better, but I don't know if syncing is gonna cause issues at tournaments. I hope not, because I really don't want to have to use my index finger to hit the buttons when clawing anymore.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think some people forget how big of a step this is.

These are all people who have played smash, some are not as current as others. But they are players and they have attended tournaments. We have commentators that are some of the most well known in the scene. Pokemon Company (which lets remember has always been a bit separate from Nintendo) may have done the commentators from the community before but they are publishing the alias' of all the players and commentators, something VGC/TCG hasn't really endorsed. Is it the ideal format, no. But lets remember VGC isn't exactly an ideal format for long drawn out battles (or balance). Halo has had promo tournaments in FFA matches and it was nothing 'competitive'. They aren't about to pull Capcom style invitationals on their first ball game, but this is a huge step. The gamecube adapter alone means that Nintendo is paying more than lip service to the dedicated fans. They know what we want, and they are meeting some of our expectations.

Seriously did anyone expect a 4 port Gamecube adapter? That is going the extra mile. Gamecube the eternal controller (just let me use it in other games too)

Pic of the day. Here's a first look at the bottom-screen display for the Nintendo 3DS. Your name will appear in the area above the accumulated damage. And if you tap one of the fighter displays…!

…You can highlight that fighter on your screen. This is useful when you want to get back at a particular opponent. You can also highlight yourself if you need to keep better track of where you are. This is a great benefit to having your own individual screen.

You have a really small threshold for what you consider to be "set off" if posting a video is equivalent to anger in your eyes. Also, I really wouldn't be talking, as just last week you were freaking out about Ridley.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Someone clearly saw the Pony Thread Simulators, which are masterful samplings of depravity, and this person thinking the same thing of Ridley discussions, took one smashboards thread and copied every post. But the end result is just kind of uninteresting. As someone who "freaks out" about Ridley, it didn't elicit any emotions one way or the other. But that you think it's a relevant post shows that you probably think otherwise. BTW competitive brawl is a joke.

Last edited:
Or maybe I just liked the video and decided to post it now that it was relevant again. Also, the simulator was mocking Smashboards users more than Ridley supporters.

BTW competitive brawl is a joke.
Really obvious, not taking the bait. "BTW" I don't care about Brawl anymore, it's become glaringly obvious that nothing but MK and Icies can get top 4 in a big tournament without insane bracket luck.

Why you would be dedicated to the worst smash game is beyond me.
There are still really good, noteworthy players that deserved to be at this event. More than Milktea and Rapture, at the very least
Ask Mango.
That it's fairly boring and its amazing what little sets Runic off?
You have a really small threshold for what you consider to be "set off" if posting a video is equivalent to anger in your eyes. Also, I really wouldn't be talking, as just last week you were freaking out about Ridley.
Someone clearly saw the Pony Thread Simulators, which are masterful samplings of depravity, and this person thinking the same thing of Ridley discussions, took one smashboards thread and copied every post. But the end result is just kind of uninteresting. As someone who "freaks out" about Ridley, it didn't elicit any emotions one way or the other. But that you think it's a relevant post shows that you probably think otherwise. BTW competitive brawl is a joke.
Dedicated. As in, only play Brawl.
So glad we got like 5 people who can't play for shit instead of even a single dedicated Brawl player. On the bright side, it's a FFA with items, so who cares.
People who can't play for shit are generally referred to as Brawl players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)