Apprentice Program: Round Eighty Five

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Der Twist
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Der Twist
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT (Availability Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday 12pm - 10pm next week, same times any day the week after).
What tier do you want to learn?: X/Y OU
Tell us a little about yourself: 9/11
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: Possibly (take that as yes for now).
I currently have under 25 posts because I feel I do not have enough metagame knowledge to post valid points in many threads at present and would like to refrain from posting spam (essentially, I need a tutor before I'm good enough to post more).

Last edited:
Username: skrtel
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: skrtel
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt +2. mostly at nights. think like between 10pm-1am or so. but flexible.
What tier do you want to learn?: dpp ou
Tell us a little about yourself: im spanish boy. i like football. ala madrid. i like beer and pkmn too. i want to practice dpp ou because is still relevants in tournament play.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: yes

i was skipped in round 84.

Username: Mega-Swampert
Pokemon Showdown Username: alphabeta4
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00pm-5:00pm Gmt +10
What tier do you want to learn?: XY little cup, XY overused
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a teenager who likes pokemon, sports and strategy. I'm kinda new to smogon, and I'm starting to get the hang of ubers, so I want to learn the other end of the spectrum.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: Yes.

I was skipped in round 84.

Username: SOMALIA
Pokemon Showdown Username: SOMALIA
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Same as BKC
Tell us a little about yourself:
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: No

ss234

bop.
username: silvershadow234
ps username: silvershadow234
your timezone and usual hours of availabilty: gmt, 4-9pm school days and all day weekends
what tier do you want to learn: xy lc
tell us a little about yourself: n_n
will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: ye
are you interested in playing for the round 84 tutee tournament?: nope

Username:PeinHero
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:EyeOfPein
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:gmt + 03:00 all days of the week around 7-9 pm
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself:Iam playing pokemon since i was a kid and always want to go competitively.So i decide to move forward and i play competitive from the begin of the BW and till now in XY.My main goal is too start building my own teams so i need a little help in this part.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?:I would love to take part in this round.
Why I should be tutored:I have some knowledge around competitive but the main thing that i want from a tutor is to help me improve around the team building and show me and explain me better the things about the meta.

Last edited:
Username: cxinlee
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: cxinlee
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Gmt +8, 7-9 am, 8-10 pm, occasionally 12-1 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Friends with user Hulavuta. I play a little mafia, am a speedcuber, and do enjoy games such as Fire Emblem, Ace Attorney, and mons obviously.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

Was skipped round 82

Username:SoulSpam19
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: SoulSpam19
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST 3:30-4:30pm weekdays 7-10am weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I am just a kid trying to learn how to get into the competitive world of pokemon
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: YA!
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I have under 25 posts because I feel like I would have no positive affect on the forums

Last edited:
Username: Emre801
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Mega801
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 , 6pm-11pm
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have a 9-5 job as a software developer. I like playing random board games with my friends as well as looking at the latest games
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: Yes, as long as my schedule is ok with it :)

The reason I have less then 25 posts is because I don't feel like I have the full knowledge in to be able to contribute to discussions about the metagame. I follow the latest discussions on the facebook page and the twitch/youtube streams. Rarely do I find the time to be able to articulate my thoughts into something beneficial to the community.

Last edited:
Username: DeRozan
Pokemon Showdown Username: DeRozans
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: (GMT -5), weekdays 4:30pm-9:00pm, weekends all day
What tier do you want to learn?: XY RU
Tell us about yourself: I enjoy hanging out with friends, playing in Smogon tournaments and programming.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: Sure.

Username: burage
Pokemon Showdown and PO Username: burage
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, About 5:00pm to 22:00pm
Tell us about yourself: I love all kinds of tactical games, from grand strategy to card games, and have been playing Pokemon competetively for some time. I have some experience and knowledge of the XY OU meta, but would really like to expand into other tiers, and improve my skills in general, as I feel I'm not at a very high level yet. I've finished university for this year, so I'll hopefully have a lot of free time to practice until I find a job for the summer :) I really enjoy teambuilding, perhaps even more than the battles themselves, so I hope to get enough knowledge about the RU tier pokemon to start building my own teams over the course of the program.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: Of course :)

As to why I think I should be tutored even though I have fewer than 25 post, I've been mostly a lurker on the website this far, and have been taking a lot more information than I've given back. I hope that as my skills improve, I'll be able to contribute more to the forums and community myself, and perhaps help out other new players who would like to improve.

Last edited:
Username: ArousedByClockwork
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: ABClockwork (Pokemon Showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC-5 and from 7pm 'till 12:30 in the morning.
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC14
Tell us a little about yourself: I guess this is where I say why I should be tutored. I really just want to get involved with the community ever since I started lurking and reading the smog. I heard that the VGC portion of the meta is under-appreciated here, so I want to help change that by hopefully once I actually gain enough knowledge of the game to back up my opinions. I used to be sort of good back in the days of BW, and have taught numerous friends of mine how to play the game, so at the very least if I'm not active on the forums I can help out with the people I play with irl. I also copypasted this from the previous signup, since I was skipped last round.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: If they're willing to talk and we have time, I don't see why not.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: If I get a tutor and it's on a date that's open for me, then sure.

I was skipped at the previous round (84).

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Krauersaut
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Krauersaut
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: MST, 4:15 - 9:30
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm "smrt" .-. I'm a former driver in Ubers, and I've learned several different tiers (Ubers, LC, UU, OU) and am now trying to learn what will hopefully be a new main tier for me! I've been lurking in the Doubles room for the past week or so, and I think the users there have gotten to know me - now I just need to be able to play the tier competently :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yup!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: Sure, why not.

Username: KertxoO
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: KertxoO
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 , 3pm-6pm or 10pm-1am
What tier do you want to learn?: 2014 VGC, Although I'm also highly interested in XY OU and Teambuilding.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a very competitive and creative person, my passion is always learning, changing and evolving is every aspect of my life. I study engineering and I also have a passion for singing, cooking and exercise. I have played pokemon almost ever since I have memory, I reeeeally have loved pokemon my whole life. Since I played pokemon blue, I haven't skipped a single generation. My favorite one was pokemon emerald and my single favourite pokemon is Gengar! (He is just awesome xD). But I discovered competitive playing months ago, when I was in bed recovering from a really hard surgery I had to take. From that moment on I have been practicing and learning stuff on my own, building my own teams, and I feel this is a good chance to take it to the next level. My next goal is being good enough to appear on the pokemon showdown ladder :) (my top ratings with the new ladder system have been 1524 for XY OU and 1267 for 2014 VGC) I know, long road ahead -_-'
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: Absolutely! Every learning process gets more exciting if it has a final test in which you can make the most of what you've learned.

I know I don't have my 25 posts, but the thing is I don't have the confidence and knoledge about pokemon to be really precise about strategies, pokemon roles... I can sort of play them, but then putting the play into words is a whole different thing. I tried it a few times months ago, but it just didn't work. I'm constantly reading about sets, talking on the pokemon showdown chat, watching youtube tutorials, showdown matches replays, VGC tournament recordings... But still, I feel like having a tutor who I can interact with could reeeeeally help me take it to the next level. Trust me, I would love to have the knowledge to make really dissected posts as many of you do... One day I will.

By the way, I just wanted to thank the smogon community for this amazing resource, I have been hooked to it ever since, and thanks to it I have learned a lot. So thanks guys :D

Last edited:
Username: Bostonl1
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: bostonl1
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST - My schedule is a bit sporadic, but I most definitely will a few hours available every day, so I won't have any problems being in touch.
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been in love with Pokemon games ever since I got my cousins used Silver version for my birthday, even though I asked for Ruby. Regardless, I got much enjoyment out of it and got hooked. I never got into competitive battling until I discovered Smogon a few months ago. With access to PS, my eyes were opened to a whole new side of Pokemon. I struggled a bit, but I began to pick up on a few ideas and eventually became pretty decent. But I always strive to better myself; not settle for average or mediocrity. Thus I find myself here, hoping to improve my ability in the XY OU landscape.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yep.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: Most definitely.
Why I should be tutored?: My lack of posts is not caused by a lack of knowledge. Rather, it is simply because I am probably not the most qualified to help others better themselves. I can try to give aid to others, and I have before, but I am currently skimming the forums and, while I am not actively taking part in the forums, I am gleaming information from them so that I may one day be confident in my ability to partake in helping out the community.

Username: Trobenator
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: SmarmyHyena, FatPieceOfMeat
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5. My available hours are weekends after 4 PM, and weekdays depending on my work schedule (though I should have several days I can do mornings or days I can do evenings). Also, once I get my schedule the first few weeks of June it should be pretty consistent.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, XY Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Tim. I'm a cell and molecular biology major who wants to be a genetic counselor. I've loved Pokemon my whole life and have wanted to get involved with the Smogon community for years now - despite this, I only joined last year and only have 4 posts (fear of not knowing what I'm talking about is my limiting factor). I'm pretty much an open book, ask me anything!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: Definitely!

I've alluded to it above, but the reason I don't have 25 posts is that I don't feel qualified enough to post and rate teams. Despite this, I've played in OU for the past few weeks and am learning the ropes pretty well I'd say!

Username: Karokan
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Kimikelo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST, All the damn time
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, XY Doubles, or XY Triples
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Stacey, I'm heading back to school in the fall to become a Veterinary Technician. I've been playing Pokemon since I was in the fifth grade. I've stalked the Smogon Forums and used the Tiers for a while not, but haven't gotten very involved so far. I don't have a whole lot of knowledge when it comes to battling or team composition, but I really want to learn in order to become more involved. I have inordinate amounts of free time.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: Absolutely.
Why should we pick you (Fewer than 25 posts)?: I'd love nothing more than to be an active part of a Pokemon community, but there's only so much I can really contribute - short of art - without knowledge. I'd hate to be the bearer of bad information... and I really want to be able to play and battle with everyone else!

Was skipped once before, but I don't remember the round.

Last edited:
Username: Geopolitics
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: GeopoliticsYT
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday 1-4 PM, Thursday/Friday 1-11PM
Tell us a little about yourself: Hey, I'm Geopolitics, but you can call me Geo. I've picked Competitive Pokemon up in the final months of Gen 5, and was absolutely terrible. I've developed a little bit as a player (without help) and have made some surprisingly solid teams that can hold their own from 1400-1500 in OU. However, I feel that I've capped in skills without seeking help. I usually play Balanced or Hyper Offense, but would not be opposed to learning other styles. I have a grasp on the current competitive scene, but I'm going nowhere fast. So it'd be great if got in and were allowed to improve :] <3
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: 100%
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: Looking forward to it with unmeasurable enthusiasm.

Username: malefic
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: malefic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8, 9pm-12am weekdays, generally free on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm trying to acquaint myself with all XY tiers. So far I'm comfortable with Ubers and OU. I'm currently also picking up UU, so I figured I'd take some load off myself and consult someone experienced for RU metagame knowledge and teambuilding.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: No

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Metal Sonic
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Metal Sonic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, XY Ubers, XY RU, XY Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: I love sonic
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: yes

Skipped last round! I wish to be tutored this round! :)

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: SlottedPig
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: XY is strange / ban kingdra
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6 (CDT) 12:00 PM -- 1:00 AM every day
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU / XY UU / XY RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive Pokemon on-and-off since pre-Garchomp ban (DPP OU, DPP UU, BW UU) and I've always tried to improve, peaking top 15 on the ladder in DPP UU post Donphan/Dugtrio, pre-Heracross and BW UU usingstall and a Ditto + Assist phazing Liepard team. While I find that I can battle averagely, I struggle heavily in team building (often making new teams every 10 games or so). I have no real preference for any particular playstyle but I hate hax and that's largely why I rarely play stall. As of now I haven't played Pokemon in about 8 months so I'm extremely out of the loop when it comes to the meta. I love theorycrafting but often fail to bring into fruition any unique set that I'd like to try out due to poor teambuilding skill.

Username: Night Wolf
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Nightwolf771
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5:00) Around 8pm-4am
What tier do you want to learn?: XY VGC 2014
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing Pokemon since i was 4 but only recently got interested in the competitive scene. I have a lot of teams in game that I've experimented with but I can't seem to keep up with the meta enough to be consistently good. I think my teambuilding skills need a bit of work too. I aim to be a decent enough competitive player so that I can compete and do well in tournaments around my area, and perhaps qualify for a bigger official Pokemon tournament in the coming years.
Why I should be accepted with fewer than 25 posts: I have always been more of a lurker when it comes to forums, but it does not mean that I'm not on here every day reading up on all the strategy that I can. I'm also fairly familiar with the competitive scene already. I have been biding my time as well, waiting until the end of my college semester to sign up so that I would have plenty of time to dedicate to improving here.

Username: Qwertyd
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Qwertyd93
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Evenings to later at night, PST
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC 2014
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a full time engineering student who's been trying to play Pokemon competitively since the tail end of Gen 5. I started out in OU singles, really enjoyed it, but got tired after awhile and played around with different tiers. My friend invited me to a local VGC premier event, and I did okay considering I had tried learning the tier three days before. I've been playing VGC on Showdown since, but I continually hit a plateau with my team and can't tell if the problem is my teambuilding or playstyle.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: Absolutely.
Why should we pick you (Fewer than 25 posts)?: I've been a lurker for quite some time now and would like to be more confident in the format before I rate other teams. While I do feel moderately confident with my prediction skills, I tend to struggle with team building and especially EV spreads, which are the main thing suggested and tweaked in the RMT forum. While watching good players on Youtube and practicing on Showdown have made me a significantly better player, someone who could walk me through the specifics of a team rather than give me general knowledge would be greatly beneficial and appreciated.

Username: AuraRayquaza
Pokemon Showdown Username: AuraRayquaza
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt +1, 5pm-11pm
Tell us a little about yourself: i like playing pokemon. Can play xy and bw but cannot play dpp, so would like to learn.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 84 Tutee Tournament?: yes

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Username : SparksBlade
Pokemon Showdown Username : SparksBlade
Timezone and available hours : +0530 gmt, 2pm-9pm
Tier i want to learn : BW/XY Ubers
About me : i am a bit careless, and joke about being good and wanting authority. I like the strategic aspect of the game, and i like Ubers 'cos it allows use of every strategy and pokemon. I am just an average player, nothing much good.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk : i see no harm in doing so, so yes
Interested in playing Round 84 Tutee Tournament : YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)