Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I somehow just lost a match due to inactivity and I'd like to know why. I kept clicking and clicking the battle timer but it wouldn't show up. Here's the replay (I'm Das2Maniac) I had already selected my move as it says I did. At turn 64, it clearly says Mew used Baton Pass. After that though, they never chose a move. I sat there waiting for them to select a move but they never did. So how exactly did I lose then?

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I somehow just lost a match due to inactivity and I'd like to know why. I kept clicking and clicking the battle timer but it wouldn't show up. Here's the replay (I'm Das2Maniac) I had already selected my move as it says I did. At turn 64, it clearly says Mew used Baton Pass. After that though, they never chose a move. I sat there waiting for them to select a move but they never did. So how exactly did I lose then?
Did you actually click Entei underneath to swap Pokemon after picking Baton Pass...even though you had two Pokemon you still had to click it.

You needed to choose a pokemon to baton pass to. You didn't choose anything so the timer ran out and you lost.

Edit: darnell o:

Is there a realistic way to increase my GXE rating after over 100 battles logged? Or is it the type of stat that settles in after lots of battles? I've been looking into the stats for the COIL rating and I see it's based on GXE and number of battles, but with the high suspect test requirement this time around, according to google's calculator I'll (literally) never be able to log enough battles to make reqs unless I can also increase my GXE. I want to know if I should continueHere's my stats so far:
Code:
                Elo   GXE   Glicko-1   COIL  W   L   T
oususpecttest  1283   58   1560 ± 33   2102  67  56  1
I finally got a good team so I expect to have more wins as I continue to ladder. So is there any hope or should I just make an alt now that I have a pretty good team? I really don't want to waste my time logging another 100 battles if it's going to be all for nothing.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Is there a realistic way to increase my GXE rating after over 100 battles logged? Or is it the type of stat that settles in after lots of battles? I've been looking into the stats for the COIL rating and I see it's based on GXE and number of battles, but with the high suspect test requirement this time around, according to google's calculator I'll (literally) never be able to log enough battles to make reqs unless I can also increase my GXE. I want to know if I should continueHere's my stats so far:
Code:
I finally got a good team so I expect to have more wins as I continue to ladder. So is there any hope or should I just make an alt now that I have a pretty good team? I really don't want to waste my time logging another 100 battles if it's going to be all for nothing.
GXE does become harder to increase/decrease as you have more battles, HOWEVER if you defy what the system expects of you (start over/underperforming) it will become more lenient again.

In other words, win a lot and it will increase

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Code:
In terms of COIL, though, it is impossible for you now to bring it up to 2700 with that gxe (about 70 is the cutoff iirc). Believe me, I made it to 2690, tilted real hard, and am now stuck at ~2650 with a gxe of 69 and I cannot make it. Starting a new alt is the only viable option

In terms of COIL, though, it is impossible for you now to bring it up to 2700 with that gxe (about 70 is the cutoff iirc). Believe me, I made it to 2690, tilted real hard, and am now stuck at ~2650 with a gxe of 69 and I cannot make it. Starting a new alt is the only viable option
Damn. Well it's pretty much too late for me now to start a new alt. Even if I got the alt to GXE of 80, according to the calc I'd still need 163 battles and with so few people actually on the suspect ladder there's no way I can do that many in 3 days. Ugh. Do you or anyone else know if 2700 COIL is gonna be the new norm for reqs? (I thought it would be more like 2000)

Anyway, thanks for the response.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Damn. Well it's pretty much too late for me now to start a new alt. Even if I got the alt to GXE of 80, according to the calc I'd still need 163 battles and with so few people actually on the suspect ladder there's no way I can do that many in 3 days. Ugh. Do you or anyone else know if 2700 COIL is gonna be the new norm for reqs? (I thought it would be more like 2000)

Anyway, thanks for the response.
You won't need that many

I just saw someone that had reqs after like 60 games at ~75 gxe

RASFA

Banned deucer.
WHY is the x and y sprite project not locked because all the sprites where replaced with models

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There already is RASFA when you turn off animations in the options, although this will be expanded for more choices in due time.

What exactly is GXE?

Mine says I have 76... But I don't know what it means .-.
image.jpg

Could you also explain glicko-1? :3 is it just other ways of rating, or? :]

RASFA

Banned deucer.
id oras have new megas or forms and a web site does not rip 3d sprites of em from the game they wound probley be sprites but spries with the modles wound lo0k weird so whats gonna happen

id oras have new megas or forms and a web site does not rip 3d sprites of em from the game they wound probley be sprites but spries with the modles wound lo0k weird so whats gonna happen
Possibly try using better english, I'm very sorry but its hard for me to understand what your asking :P sorry!

Could you..uhh..reword this properly with the right spelling? I have no idea what you're trying to say.

EDIT: Lol Ninety Nine you ninja

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Luckily I know pkparaiso will get the rips relatively soon at release assuming there is anything new.

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it (which is why sprites are an option hehehehe)

[ Ninety_Nine Kangaaroo ]If OR/AS have new megas or formes and a website doesn't obtain the 3d sprites for them; we would probably use sprites for them which would look weird amongst 3d models so what would we do?

Last edited:
Is it possible to contribute to the site like say a "custom avatar"? This isn't for someone in particular, but I suppose I could offer them for others to use as they fit the current generation of the metagame.

Is it possible to contribute to the site like say a "custom avatar"? This isn't for someone in particular, but I suppose I could offer them for others to use as they fit the current generation of the metagame.
I'd say it depends but currently custom avatars are only available to staff so it really wouldn't matter except to a select few users. But if your looking to contribute by adding avatars that can be used by regular users I'd say the best thing to do is talk to Zarel and see what the rules/restrictions are on that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)