Game of Thrones [thronies rejoice! XD]

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Man that was an intense final sequence, definitely lived up to expectations from the book.
Love the foreshadowing for the last episode from LF regarding Tywin's death.

I haven't been this sad in my entire life, I'm sorry but I got too hung up on the character to see him screaming in pain.

Last edited:

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
dany definitely completely bitched out. jorah was spying on her whilst she was shit and still pretty much a non-player in this game. since the wine incident jorah has done nothing but protect her and advise her brilliantly. she has wasted a brilliant adviser if you ask me and just further enhances my view that she thinks everything should be dealt with brutally rather than using any kind of diplomacy. jebus mcazn noone cares about the 'friendzone' and noone ever used that as an argument.

FUCK THE VIPER tho man why did he dick around he shouldve just slashed the mountain up. if it was just a random bloke then sure you gloat but not the fucking mountain man. can't see tyrion dying yet though so i wonder what happens.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I can definitely see Tyrion dying even though hes my fav character in the show right now, and thats exactly why I think he's gonna die.

This is GRRM we're talking about, he could kill the entire fucking cast for all we know.

Tyrion should have said: "If you want justice, you've come to the wrong TV-show."

Also, I doubt Oberyn wearing a helmet would've saved him.

Last edited:

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
dany definitely completely bitched out. jorah was spying on her whilst she was shit and still pretty much a non-player in this game. since the wine incident jorah has done nothing but protect her and advise her brilliantly. she has wasted a brilliant adviser if you ask me and just further enhances my view that she thinks everything should be dealt with brutally rather than using any kind of diplomacy. jebus mcazn noone cares about the 'friendzone' and noone ever used that as an argument.

FUCK THE VIPER tho man why did he dick around he shouldve just slashed the mountain up. if it was just a random bloke then sure you gloat but not the fucking mountain man. can't see tyrion dying yet though so i wonder what happens.
He wanted to make the Mountain confess who gave the command, still doesn't excuse his carelessness though.

Ugh. I just can't move myself to rewatch that last bit. Moving on to other disappointing moments, I really wished Theon would get his shit together in Moat Cailin. It also seemed like that for a moment with the music intensifying and Theon muttering stuff, but then that piece of shit decided to put an axe in his commanders head. As if Ramsay would let anyone surrender and leave unharmed. At least there's still hope for Theon.

Also, I can understand Arya laughing, but it wasn't a smart move (assuming we want to see Starks reunite). Anyway, it's not going to make your chances of getting through that gate any bigger, y'know.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I wasn't sure I was going to do this but I'm going to make a plea to all the people who only watch the show, take the time when this season is over to start reading the books.

You don't have to run through them take your time. Start from the first one, it may seem that it's just a retread (the first book and season are very similar), but there is a lot more world building and character arcs that the book just has time to explore. As anyone might know the books are told from many different POV characters, and the tv show of course does not have to abide by those. We get a much better Dany in the books because of that, Jon Snow gets more conflicted, Cat sees Robb both as her son and a new king. The POV characters also have the good graces to flash back to past events and fill us in on their history. Ned Stark dwells a ton on his part in Roberts Rebellion, Dany thinks back to her exile before being married to Drogo.

Now here are a few of the really dumb things I felt the show did this episode alone that the books underplay/avoid/just do plain better, I won't say which of these are 'Naruto/Pokemon esque filler' and what is more book-faithful but here they are:

-Molestown burping and dumb Ygritte/Gilly moment
-Grey Worm and that awful shipping with Missandei
-Barristan just randomly getting the pardon
-Ramsay's desire to be a Bolton more than a Snow
-Beatles and berating the mentally ill
-A Viper vs Mountain fight that isn't 3 minutes long

Now the show is a fine adaptation, but if you read the Harry Potter books and compared it to the movies you know things were left out. GoT is no different there is so much more waiting to be discovered even within the material that the show has already adapted.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ugh that was one of the most horrifying things I've ever watched. I've seen heads crushed by hand before a la Michael Myers and what not but never that graphically. Yikes.

Anyway I see Tyrion somehow living, but not getting my hopes up. If you assume everyone you like is going to die then you will never be disappointed.

I spoilered this episode for myself, and after reading what happened to Oberyn I've been put off from watching it ever since. It's still buffered, from days ago... but I can't bring myself to do it. I utterly adored him.

Guys is it worth it or am I just gonna feel like shit? Not a big gore fan.

You are going to feel like shit and prolly delete the episode like I did, but it's not because of the gore, it's about the disappointment of him dying with was perceived to be massive pain. He acts it so good you actually feel it happening.

If you want, I can just give you the link to fight without him dying part. It's such a great choreographed scene to miss.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yeah, the screaming was what did it for me.. I had to go for a walk after watching that episode.

I do think knowing the outcome is really going to reduce the impact of that scene. For all the advantages books have over tv, I've only ever once had to go for a walk to cool down after reading a book, and to be honest the book wasnt even that good, it was more of an incidental thing..

Anyway, the point is: that scene was awesome. Best moment in the whole thing so far.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
For me, the reaction was probably more intense watching it than reading it. It's just the visualization is all. Which was weird, I was watching it with a couple of friends at my place, some of them who haven't read the books and probably like two people who have read the books. Those who read it and I expected it to happen and we were just wanting to see the reaction of our friends. However, the screaming and the gore made us all cringe and have shocked reactions. I felt sick after watching it (we just had pizza). I had this same reaction during the Red Wedding scene. I was dreading it but I knew it was going to happen eventually, and when it did, I was sad. Again more so than in the books, mostly from just watching the expressions of the cast.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
None of the other character deaths had nearly the effect on me that this one did. Even the Red Wedding, which was more just utter surprise and not sickening. I didn't even get squeamish when I watched the "golden crown" scene in Season 1 when Drogo killed Danaerys' brother, but that might have been because he was a shit and deserved it. Oberyn was such a lovable character, and he was probably made as such to show us that "nobody is safe" and "don't get attached to anyone because they will probably die".

Still, I guess this still leaves things open for The Hound to ultimately kill The Mountain. If you look at it from that perspective, it would seem fitting.

Speaking of the Hound, does anyone else so thoroughly enjoy the interactions between Arya and the Hound as I do? They are precious and now the only thing I really have to look forward to watching :(

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ok, I wanna hear some predictions (from people who havent read the books) for how Tyrion might survive.

At the moment all I can come up with is Jamie and maybe Bronn rescue him. Either that or some massive deus ex machina..

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
I think somehow Tywin dies and Tyrion escapes in the confusion, with Jamie. Bronn will have to be involved too.

someone possibly gives his life to allow tyrion to escape (jaime maybe? idk)
tyrells help tyrion escape?
maybe tyrion just dies? i really doubt that this is going to happen because it just doesn't seem like grrm's style - if tyrion's going to die then it's not going to be from this

Seems like all of John Snow's loose ends are tied up. Not a good sign for him.
I feel like Jon isn't going to die next episode just cause it's not GRRM's style... Same with Tyrion, for that matter. When have we ever had a major character go to face certain death and actually be met with it? It seems too boring if Tyrion just gets executed now, or if Jon gets killed by wildings - then again, what do I know? I haven't read the books T_T

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
I feel like Jon isn't going to die next episode just cause it's not GRRM's style... Same with Tyrion, for that matter. When have we ever had a major character go to face certain death and actually be met with it? It seems too boring if Tyrion just gets executed now, or if Jon gets killed by wildings - then again, what do I know? I haven't read the books T_T
It's not too late, ya know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)