Worst Nuzlocke Death

Pokemon Blaze Black. Striaton Gym. Gym Trainer Number 1.

My active Pokemon was Felita the Purrloin, facing a lower leveled Growlithe.

My thinking: "Well, I can just hit it with a STAB Faint Attack, and it will die in two hits. Non-issue."

Well, as it turns out:
1. It does less than 50%,
2. Growlithe has Justified,
3. Aforementioned Growlithe knows Double Kick,
4. The second kick critted.

That is, ladies and gentlemen, the fantastic death of Felita. I'm not even mad.

Illegal Ratticate in Red's Mt. Moon. Also why is Gen 1 SOOOO crit-happy? Freaking old mechanics. Crit hyper fang killed my Ivysaur. I am so so so ashamed.

Black 2 My 1st Nuzlocke Attempt: Just caught a sandshew and evolved it @ the desert resort. He had somewhere around 90% health going into a battle against a doctor(he had a solosis). I go for magnitude three times: 4, 5, and 4 again. The solosis crits me after the 3rd magnitude and sandslash is gone. And right before that my koffing got OHKO'd by a Herdier's crit take down.

Tomy

I COULD BE BANNED!
On my current White 2 Nuzlocke, at Chargestone Cave, here's what happened. Battle vs the Pokemon Ranger which has a Ampharos. Oshawott was my lead Pokemon, so of course, i switch and choose Lyla, my Lilligant (Modest Nature, but Chlorophyll). He attacks with Confuse Ray after my switch. Ok, whatever, Ampharos can't hit that hard, Lyla can take this.

Next turn: Lyla hits herself. Ampharos used Take Down. Critical hit! But Lyla's health is at half.
Lyla hits herself again. Ampharos use Take Down. A critical hit (again)! Lyla fainted!

Needless to say I was pissed as hell and wanted to throw my DS out of my window.

In my first nuzlocke ever, Twizzlers (I was naming all my Pokemon after candy) the Vaporeon was up against Bruno's Machamp. I had set up 2 Acid Armors in advance because Vaporeon was somewhat physically frail. And of course, on the first Cross Chop it kills with a crit. :( RIP TWIZZLERS

I was doing a nuzlocke run of HeartGold when I reached whitney. I switched in geodude, who got crit by rollout. Second turn was another crit and geodude was down to 4 hp. The only way I was beating miltank now was with his selfdestruct move. The hax gods showed pity on me and made the third rollout miss, and now nothing is left of whitneys gym except a massive crater from when he went boom. (There was a no healing mid-battle rule)

Last edited:
I was doing a nuzlocke run of HeartGold when I reached whitney. I switched in geodude, who got crit by rollout. Second turn was another crit and geodude was down the 4 hp. The only way I was beating miltank now was with his selfdestruct move. The hax gods showed pity on me and made the third rollout miss, and now nothing is left of whitneys gym except a massive crater from when he went boom. (There was a no healing mid-battle rule)
Dude, that is the most spectacular Nuzlocke death, not worst, especially when you kill that cow.

Pokemon Black 2

I had just finished training all six of my pokemon to Lv.47 just for three of them to die due to lv.42 pokemon getting crits on the moves Muddy Water and Bug Bite.

If you wanted to know the Palpitoad killed my Sandslash with a crit and my Probopass with Muddy Water, I thought Probopass was fine because earlier non-crit Muddy Water did around 1/3 of my Probopass' health and two battle before that my +defense natured Zoroark fell to a crit Bug Bite from Durant of all things, WELL thinking about the trainer WAS on a 999 win streak so maybe he just repeatedly critted people.

So yeah my rewards for training to LV.47? THREE crit deaths and an Adamant Roserade :.(.

Last edited:
Grinding against trainers to prepare for Koga in Fire Red. Using my Raticate, Scabbers, against a hiker's Graveler.
Scabbers went underground.
Graveler used Magnitude, Magnitude 5.
Scabbers barely survives.
Scabbers used Dig.
Graveler barely survives.
Gaveler used Magnitude, Magnitude 10.
Scabbers fainted.

Seeing that Graveler use Magnitude the first time made me feel like such an idiot. I knew Graveler had Magnitude and did double damage when someone is underground, but I was spacing out because I was grinding for hours. All I could do is watch as Scabbers took the second Magnitude. No way to heal, no way to switch out. All I could do is pray I got a crit on that dig, which did not happen.
By no means the first or last death in the run, but the one that has stuck with me the most.

New one:
The other day,I decided to grind my Pokemon X team(this was also a nuzelocke)to at least level 59.I headed to Route 21,and my first encounter was a Scyther,so I led with Blaze the Espeon(strongest member of the team).I wanted to catch the Scyther(not like I had a choice),so I went for the Dazzling Gleam which took away a good chunk of Scythers health.Now,I'm no expert on Scythers level-up movepool,so I was shocked when I saw this:
Scyther used X-Scissor!
A critical hit!
Blaze fainted!

RIP Blaze,you will always be missed.

Ugh...I remember my Luxray dying to a Tentacruel of all things just beause I thought Luxray was faster and got a wonderful crit poison jab to the face that also poisoned me... "Gary NOOOOOO!" Pokemon Platnium R.I.P Gary Lv. 3-52 (my starter died at the ghost gym due to mean look :.( )

I hate it when you choose Oshawott for a nuzlocke because Snivy will pretty much outspeed you.
Like in my Black 2 wedlocke I lost my Patrat and Oshawott to Cheren's Snivy, I only won because my Level 5 Riolu (who is now a dead Lucario) Beat it with Quick Attack. :(

My dear Swellow in Pokemon Emerald. So I was going through the graveyard tower thing ( can't remember the name because don't play gen 3 much ) and a psychic trainer challenged me. Swellow was up front and killed the first Pokemon with ease. However than came Wobbafet and it happened something like this:

Swellow flew up high.
Wobbafet used Counter! But it failed!

Swellow used Fly! Wobbafet lost 45% of it's health!
Wobbafet used Mirror Coat! But it failed!

Swellow flew up high.
Wobbafet used Counter! But it failed!

Swellow used Fly! Swellow's attack missed!
Wobbafet used Mirror Coat! But it failed!

Swellow flew up high.
Wobbafet used DESTINY BOND! Wobbafet is trying to take it's attacker down with it!

Swellow used Fly! CRITICAL HIT! Wobbafet lost 55% of it's health!
Wobbafet fainted! Wobbafet took down Swellow with it!
Swellow fainted!

You will always be remebered as the Pokemon that made the early game a cakewalk Swellow.

I just lost my freshly evolved Magneton in Heartgold. It was my only somewhat safe chance to fight Psiana and Red´s Pikachu.
But how did it die?
2HKOed by the Iceman´s Piloswine... not that tough you think? It was 2HKOed by Blizzard!!!
A resisted 120 BP STAB move from 60 base SpA nukes my 29 SpD IV Level 31 Magneton... I freak out!
Trying to get through though.

I just lost my freshly evolved Magneton in Heartgold. It was my only somewhat safe chance to fight Psiana and Red´s Pikachu.
But how did it die?
2HKOed by the Iceman´s Piloswine... not that tough you think? It was 2HKOed by Blizzard!!!
A resisted 120 BP STAB move from 60 base SpA nukes my 29 SpD IV Level 31 Magneton... I freak out!
Trying to get through though.
Yeah, that thing where you think your Pokemon can survive a resisted hit and it ends up killing :.(

The worst thing for me are those times when you are starting to have hope again.

A pokemon dies, something vital to your team. Possibly your physical tank, that died doing his job. You grieve his fall. And then you start to move on. You look at the bank, evaluate the possibilities and choose a new companion. You train the new guy, and spend hours grinding him to the same level of the rest of the team. And you just think, well, this might work after all. After hours and hours of training, his new guy dies to the first trainer he encounters. And then, the next one dies too. Rinse and repeat, until your soul is gone.

The worst thing for me are those times when you are starting to have hope again.

A pokemon dies, something vital to your team. Possibly your physical tank, that died doing his job. You grieve his fall. And then you start to move on. You look at the bank, evaluate the possibilities and choose a new companion. You train the new guy, and spend hours grinding him to the same level of the rest of the team. And you just think, well, this might work after all. After hours and hours of training, his new guy dies to the first trainer he encounters. And then, the next one dies too. Rinse and repeat, until your soul is gone.
That´s why I stopped grinding. (well honestly I stopped after reading all the stuff in DP about Pokemon encountering you to help you and not to attack you)
Whenever you are up for a challenge, try a no-grind run! You need much more of a strategy but its absolutely possible to succeed.

My worst Nuzlocke death? Well, there WAS a close shave in LG with a Magnitude 8 from a Geodude that hit my Sandslash while digging. Sandslash survived thanks to superior defense and hits with Dig. One HP left, and the Geodude proceeded to use Magnitude again.

A Magnitude 7 and I'm dead. It was a Magnitude 6. \o/ And from that day on, I was very cautious about Digging in front of E-Quakers and Magnituders.

But when it comes to deaths, the worst was two days ago in Norman's Gym, in the Strength room. He sends out Zangoose, I send out Gyarados. Intimidate activates and I use Dragon Rage. Gets down to half HP, not bad, another one will kill it off. Zangoose uses SD in that turn.

Then I Dragon Raged again, think it would take it down. ONE HIT POINT LEFT. Then Zangoose uses Slash. And it's a Crit. ;~; R.I.P Soda Rage.

Practically screaming with frustration, I stupidly send out Lombre (the next Pokémon in line to level-up) to counter, realising only when I had pressed Strength that there was no way a Lombre could out-speed a Zangoose. Zangoose uses Slash again. CRIT. R.I.P Lady Lily ;~;

Then, basically in shock, I finish it off with Grovyle's Quick Attack. And that is the story of how I lost two Pokémon to a simple Zangoose.

R.I.P Gyarados and Lombre.

I just started a Nuzlocke on my recently purchased Pokemon Y game, as I'm not deleting my X game's save file. So on Ouvert Way, I catch a Bidoof I nickname Bonny. She even went toe to toe with another Bidoof and barely scraped through. But then... Well, I'll share what I wrote in the other thread...

Farfetch'd is evil. While training Sara, (Litleo) I encounter Farfetch'd and think this shouldn't be too hard. Switch for Bonny, and spam Tackle like no tomorrow, but the crafty duck uses Sand Attack to screw with her accuracy. Then proceeds to use Fury Attack. Two hits. Then Fury Attack again. Again, two hits. Third time Bonny lands a hit on the Farfetch'd, and Farfetch'd misses with Fury Attack. This is starting to look bad, but I stupidly decide not to use a Potion. I believe the Tackle misses and Fury Attack hits. Once. Twice. Three times.

Bonny fainted!

Pan (Panpour) took it upon herself to Water Gun that blasted duck into oblivion, but it was too late for Bonny...

Sara: Lv 7
Pan: Lv 11
Chesna: (Chespin) lv 11

R.I.P. Bonny... Lv 3 - Lv 10 You will always be remembered as the little Bidoof that could...

That´s why I stopped grinding. (well honestly I stopped after reading all the stuff in DP about Pokemon encountering you to help you and not to attack you)
Whenever you are up for a challenge, try a no-grind run! You need much more of a strategy but its absolutely possible to succeed.
I shall try something like that someday. It is probably the only way to make xy runs interesting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)