Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Will Deoxys be cool and have this epic city after the game now?

AND IN 3D?

(This is of course LaRousse City located between Lilycove and Fortree City.)

You know, while Swampert's biggest issue it has in the form of lack of recovery is still a hindrance, I do have to say that Clefable, Sylveon, and Togekiss make great team mates as they can easily pass Wishes along to Swampert with good type synergy. I especially am fond of Sylveon, who can also cure status and has incredible Special Defense to compliment Swampert's presumably physical bias.

I'm really hopeful about Swampert becoming viable again. I may actually do some re-planning for my ORAS team because of this release. (QQ I DON'T WANT TO REMOVE CRAWDAUNT FROM MY TEAM DOE BUT TYPE REPETITION AAA)
I think Swift Swim is going to allow him to be less of a tank and more of a bulky sweeper, similar to Tyranitar. It'll be interesting to see where the 100 BST goes.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Something to consider:

Didn't gamefreak say that they themselves felt Mega-Kang was over powered? Could we see some more stuff along the lines of BST changes, etc.?
Yep, Masuda talked about it. I couldn't fully translate the tweets (because I'm shit at Japanese), but it seems they admitted MegaKenga *might* be overpowered and that they *might* do something about it.

Now, this doesn't mean anything. They have already changed mechanics mid-gen, such as Hypnosis's accuracy in DPPt. They also changed some pokémon's BSTs in XY, and will certainly fix MegaAlakazam's BST (it has only a +90 increase). I wouldn't expect more Base Stat changes, to be honest. But who knows.

Oh, and how could I forget? NEW THREAD THEME:

I like how this Ancient talk is akin to Giratina-Origin and everything

Yep, Masuda talked about it. I couldn't fully translate the tweets (because I'm shit at Japanese), but it seems they admitted MegaKenga *might* be overpowered and that they *might* do something about it.

Now, this doesn't mean anything. They have already changed mechanics mid-gen, such as Hypnosis's accuracy in DPPt. They also changed some pokémon's BSTs in XY, and will certainly fix MegaAlakazam's BST (it has only a +90 increase). I wouldn't expect more Base Stat changes, to be honest. But who knows.

Oh, and how could I forget? NEW THREAD THEME:

I like how this Ancient talk is akin to Giratina-Origin and everything
Link me the Tweet please, I have good resources and can get a good translation. I mean after all, I follow Hiro Mashima on Twitter.

- I like Mega Sceptile even though I had wanted Grass/Dragon for Mega Meganium eventually. What it'll do in singles might depend on where the stats go, but in doubles, the stats don't even matter. It resists Earthquake, quad resists Surf, and, most importantly, Mega Sceptile will unleash righteous vengeance if you Discharge its buddy Gyarados.

- I'm really excited for Mega Swampert. It's my third favorite starter and I see no way to distribute 100 extra BST without huge impact. Whatever Mega Swampert winds up doing, it should be pretty cool. It has the movepool to be a tank, sweeper, or Stealth Rock user, and even Curse Swampert could come back. It all depends where the stats go, but you basically can't go wrong.

- Over in a corner, Ludicolo smiles. Mega Swampert buffs rain, teams up well with Ludicolo by nerfing Thunder Wave, and loses to Ludicolo as an opponent all in one shot. Plus Kyogre (and even Groudon) could be all over the uber spam of random passerby matches, waiting to be annihilated by a pineapple duck. now just give me Mega Ludicolo and this will be the ultimate game

May originally wore a bandana rather than a bow. Looking at her older artwork, what was behind those hair bangs couldn't really be seen until now. I like it. Brendan's hat is finally shown as a hat rather than white hair as many a children once thought.
Always thought he had white hair with a headband! Was completely shocked when I realized it was actually a hat the whole time xD

Something to consider:

Didn't gamefreak say that they themselves felt Mega-Kang was over powered? Could we see some more stuff along the lines of BST changes, etc.?
They should change mega-khans base speed to 80 and I feel that would allow it to be more easily revenge killed. Then throw that 20 into Spattk.

Last edited by a moderator:
They will probably just power down Parental Bond as an ability. I kind of feel that stat changes outside of alternate forms would be drastic and unprecedented, if we discount the +10 stat increases to NU mons in Gen VI.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Have they confirmed any move tutors? If not, I'd really like another knock off tutor.

Mega swampert looks so funny. I am excited to see where the 100 bst goes on my favorite Mon.

Have they confirmed any move tutors? If not, I'd really like another knock off tutor.

Mega swampert looks so funny. I am excited to see where the 100 bst goes on my favorite Mon.
No move tutors confirmed yet. Though I am looking forward to teaching my Kalos born Gardevoir Hyper Voice as a tutor move.

Fake Out + Sucker Punch combo would still kill way too many things, though.
Yea that's true...Not sure how they could balance such a monster. Either have to remove certain moves from its movepool or drastically lower its attack which I see neither happening in any way shape or form :/

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yea that's true...Not sure how they could balance such a monster. Either have to remove certain moves from its movepool or drastically lower its attack which I see neither happening in any way shape or form :/
Instead of the second hit dealing 50% of the damage the first hit did, it could be 25%.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Errm, this is not the place for competitive discussion, but nerfing Parental Bond to a 30% or 33% boost would be enough. It would still have a 66BP Fight-type Swords Dance, but that's only relevant in Singles. It would be pretty balanced for Doubles already.

Instead of the second hit dealing 50% of the damage the first hit did, it could be 25%.
Yup that pretty much works actually. Nice yo, I was thinking in my head that it was already 25% but it is indeed 50% which is madness. Hopefully that is implemented.

May originally wore a bandana rather than a bow. Looking at her older artwork, what was behind those hair bangs couldn't really be seen until now. I like it. Brendan's hat is finally shown as a hat rather than white hair as many a children once thought.
It's not just the bandanna though... I don't know what exactly. I don't hate it but it just feels off that's all.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If Sceptile was paralyzed beforehand, will the paralysis go away once it mega evolves?
Nope, neither Grass typing or Lightning Rod actually prevents Paralysis, only the means of getting inflicted through Stun Spore or Thunder Wave, respectively. The only ways Mega Sceptile could get paralyzed is through Body Slam, Static, and Synchronize. Mold Breaker also goes through LRod but I don't know if any electric types get it.

Edit: Mega Ampharos gets Mold Breaker, oops.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Nope, neither Grass typing or Lightning Rod actually prevents Paralysis, only the means of getting inflicted through Stun Spore or Thunder Wave, respectively. The only ways Mega Sceptile could get paralyzed is through Body Slam, Static, and Synchronize. Mold Breaker also goes through LRod but I don't know if any electric types get it.

Edit: Mega Ampharos gets Mold Breaker, oops.
Mega Ampharos has Mold Breaker, and Zekrom has Teravolt, which is exactly like Mold Breaker. Just in case if you were wondering.

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Also going to point out that Mega Gyarados has Thunder Wave as well, but since Mega Sceptile is faster than pretty much all Dragons and is Super-Effective against Gyarados Mega it should have no problem with Thunder Wave from these mons.

Well, I've looked at it:
And here is what I can deduce (I need help from my aquaintence who can speak and read Japanese Fluently to be positive.):
"Game Freak's Masuda-san has remarked that Mega Kangaskhan might be too strong as is and possible fine tunning of it could be underway."
Not positive on how good this, I'm a rookie at Japanese (being mostly self-taught), but I can least say with certainty: This is the gist of it.

Sceptile is actually in a really great position with that Mega Mode. His movepool allows him to have Grass and Dragon STABs, access to Hidden Power Fire AND Rock Slide as additional coverage for his grass type weaknesses. (it's everything I ever wanted for Serperior) With what is likely going to be boosted attack and speed, and free switch ins to predicted Vole Switches and Thunder Waves, Flying and Ice priority will literally be his only downfall!

I think I might have to breed myself a HP Fire Sceptile just for that. It's gonna be a whole lot of fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)