Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, neither Grass typing or Lightning Rod actually prevents Paralysis, only the means of getting inflicted through Stun Spore or Thunder Wave, respectively. The only ways Mega Sceptile could get paralyzed is through Body Slam, Static, and Synchronize. Mold Breaker also goes through LRod but I don't know if any electric types get it.

Edit: Mega Ampharos gets Mold Breaker, oops.
Bounce, Dragon Breath, and Effect Spore would also have the chance to paralyze, if I'm not mistaken. While these would be threats in-game, if Sceptile does make it to OU, then I think only Jirachi bothers with Body Slam, and Gyarados or Politoed bother with Bounce, but each of those cases are fairly uncommon, as far as I've seen. Aside from that, Synchronize would only paralyze through Dragon Breath or Body Slam, which is a Gen III tutor, and Static or Effect Spore? No.

I'm stoked for Mega Diancie, because

A) It's getting a new ability from the looks of it,
B) It's adorable, and
C) The fact that it is a Kalos Mega means that not all the new megas will be 3rd gen ones, and we may get some 5th gen Megas after all, (Golurk anyone?), on top of 6th gen megas.

Well, I've looked at it:
And here is what I can deduce (I need help from my aquaintence who can speak and read Japanese Fluently to be positive.):
"Game Freak's Masuda-san has remarked that Mega Kangaskhan might be too strong as is and possible fine tunning of it could be underway."
Not positive on how good this, I'm a rookie at Japanese (being mostly self-taught), but I can least say with certainty: This is the gist of it.
Alright I got my friend to give me a real translation. It is as follows:
"[Good news?] The Pokemon "Mega Kangaskhan" may be getting her performance adjusted, as announced by Masuda"
Either her stats or ability will be adjusted I bet.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The tree in the .gif didn't have a lightningrod. Lightningrods prevent the charge from running through the center of the tree. In the case of that .gif, the moisture within the tree became heated rapidly, causing it to expand and explode outward.

About the Mega Kangaskhan nerf. I reckon it's stats will stay the same but Parental Bond will be retooled to have a similar damage output than before but not have that 2nd hit. That will definitely balance it a lot more. That 2nd hit is the main reason it's banned right now.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
About the Mega Kangaskhan nerf. I reckon it's stats will stay the same but Parental Bond will be retooled to have a similar damage output than before but not have that 2nd hit. That will definitely balance it a lot more. That 2nd hit is the main reason it's banned right now.
It would still have a free Choice Band boost, which is pretty insane. The best way to go about it is to make both hits do 50% and remove the ability of the second hit to activate secondary effects like Power-Up Punch's attack boost or Body Slam's paralyzing chance.

Just Mega Kangaskhan? Does Masuda realize that the list of broken stuff is much longer than that?
They noticed how overcentralizing weather was even VGC, so they nerfed it. They're paying attention, just not to Singles shit because they DGAF.

Reactions: PME
Moving topic back to ORAS, I'm curious to see how we get said Mega Evolutions in the game. The Kanto starters came with them but they weren't the first ones. Steven seems to be linked with them so maybe after an early battle with him in Granite Cave or later down the track? I still have hopes he is the Champion. Don't want Wallace as the champ

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I find it interesting how Diancie, a Pokemon who hasn't been released yet, is getting a Mega. Does this mean Hoopa and Volcanion will get Megas? And on a slightly related note, will any super popular Gen VI Pokemon get Megas with the release of ORAS, like Aegislash, Talonflame, or Greninja? There are probably other popular ones, these are just the ones off the top of my head.

Also, I guess we can figure out how the new movie will end.
#SailorMoonVsBaconBird

RASFA

Banned deucer.
do yah think blaziken will get another new mega cause charizard did however i think this will be show later just like charizard mega x was

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
do yah think blaziken will get another new mega cause charizard did however i think this will be show later just like charizard mega x was
I really hope not. Blaziken has always annoyed me, not the Pokemon itself but the way gamefreak tries to milk it's popularity constantly. There was no reason to give Blaziken a Mega-Evo in X and Y, and even if they did Swampert and Sceptile should've received them at the same time.

I guess you could say the same about Charizard, but I suppose that can be justified as it was essentially the original "Worlds Favourite Pokemon" behind freaking pikachu of course. Then again, I'm probably just saying that because I like Red :P

Well, I hope to have different mega evolution per game (for the starters) that will be me a excuse to abuse of the pokemon bank a lot to restart my game.

Mega Sceptile with ligthning rod... The first time that I played emerald I got destroyed by Wattson, over and over again, now my little friend and I will get our revenge... MEGA REVENGE.

*explodes due randomness*

Mega Swampert is so beautiful. I am in love. I was totally expecting them to make another ugly, bottom-heavy mega out of him but instead we got this glorious juggernaut that retains most of the charming qualities of the original design. The same can pretty much be said about M.Sceptile. A+ Gamefreak, A+

TBH, I am really hoping that Mega Swampert gets most of its new 100 bst dumped into HP, and of course a little into speed so he can make use of that new ability.

Lightning Rod on mega Sceptile is cool, it just sort of sucks that having a mega form makes Sceptile's hidden ability useless. No point in taking Unburden if you can't get rid of a mega stone.

Well, I hope to have different mega evolution per game (for the starters) that will be me a excuse to abuse of the pokemon bank a lot to restart my game.

Mega Sceptile with ligthning rod... The first time that I played emerald I got destroyed by Wattson, over and over again, now my little friend and I will get our revenge... MEGA REVENGE.

*explodes due randomness*
Too bad you won't have that Mega Bangle until after Wattson. Or a Sceptile for that matter unless you grind. And if you did, you won't even need the Mega Evolution. lol

Too bad you won't have that Mega Bangle until after Wattson. Or a Sceptile for that matter unless you grind. And if you did, you won't even need the Mega Evolution. lol
How did you know that? On XY we got our mega ring on the 3rd gym and on RSE we met Steven before/after the second gym.

How did you know that? On XY we got our mega ring on the 3rd gym and on RSE we met Steven before/after the second gym.
We got it in X and Y after it. And considering how Ruby and Sapphire plays out, it's extremely unlikely you'll have a fully evolved starter before Wattson. And I highly doubt you'll get the Mega Bangle that early. Or even have a use for it.

RASFA

Banned deucer.
im hopeing for they show us some sound track from games also some of the game play videos also i hope they know us what the locations are cause we do not know for sure

you will probley be able to re battle gyms

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)