UU Simple Questions Thread

Assuming at least one of the recent drops gets voted BL in two weeks: Will it go to straight to the end of the waiting list for retesting? Or will its spot on the list be determined by how likely it is to reenter UU?

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Assuming at least one of the recent drops gets voted BL in two weeks: Will it go to straight to the end of the waiting list for retesting? Or will its spot on the list be determined by how likely it is to reenter UU?
They will be retested after all of the retests are finished. kokoloko (sorry for the tag, I know they piss you off x_x) is probably the person you should ask.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I would think that after the initial retests are finished, they will be put in the order of most likely to be UU in the reretests, like they were (I think) supposed to be in the initial retests.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In regards to Pokes that were voted BL, is there any chance that the more controversial ones (such as Salamence) will get a second chance later on after everything else has been retested?

Ununhexium

is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In regards to Pokes that were voted BL, is there any chance that the more controversial ones (such as Salamence) will get a second chance later on after everything else has been retested?
I believe everything will be getting a retest as a double check to be sure it is broken

Because a scarfer is usually a revenge killer, does something like Sash Alazkazam considered a viable replacement for a scarfer on a team?

Because a scarfer is usually a revenge killer, does something like Sash Alazkazam considered a viable replacement for a scarfer on a team?
Yes, it can be. Just know that once Alakazam's Sash is broken, it won't be nearly as effective, and as such has a lot less switch-in opportunities than an normal Choice Scarf user (who can usually afford to take 1-2 hits.)

Ununhexium

also, scarfers can clean late game, which alakazam can't. To be honest, you can't really compare alakazam and a scarfer because they play differently.

Ununhexium

Rhyperior makes decent use because of its access to Rock Polish and Solid Rock, which lowers the damage of super effective attacks. I'm not sure how viable it is, though. Look at the analysis, it should be there if it is.

Since I want to get into UU, is there a sample team or teams that I can start with?
You can always go to the Rate My Team (RMT) section of the forums and look under Other teams. A lot of UU teams have been posted there and a lot of them provide an importable for you to test the team if you just want to gather understanding of how the tier works. So I'd recommend there for a pre-made "sample" team.

When and why did the ability Drizzle get banned from UU?
I think it was banned shortly after XY UU was introduced. It was banned because Rain is arguably the best weather in the game. In addition to making fire attacks weaker, water attacks stronger, many Pokes have abilities that can abuse it, namely Swift Swim and Rain Dish. This makes mons like Kingdra and Toxicroak EVEN better.

Just really over-centralizing, because there would be almost no reason not to run rain. In addition, swift swim kingdra outspeeds most scarfers in the tier, so there's that.

Drought was also banned shortly afterwards for very similar reasons in Chlorophyll users and other abusers like Mega-Houndoom etc.

I think it was banned shortly after XY UU was introduced. It was banned because Rain is arguably the best weather in the game. In addition to making fire attacks weaker, water attacks stronger, many Pokes have abilities that can abuse it, namely Swift Swim and Rain Dish. This makes mons like Kingdra and Toxicroak EVEN better.

Just really over-centralizing, because there would be almost no reason not to run rain. In addition, swift swim kingdra outspeeds most scarfers in the tier, so there's that.
Thanks

I was really excited, thinking I could make a UU rain team with Drizzle Politoed, Specs Omastar and Specs Kingdra. Oh well, there goes that plan. Now I'm using two Damp Rock Rain Dance users on my team - it's just not the same :/

Is there an Ability like Intimidate only for lower the SpA? I think I can remember that it was introduced in X/Y, but I can't remember the name.

Hey so I've been using Gallade in UU for a long time, but thanks to Blissey he is no longer strong enough to pull his wait. Are there any bulky fighting types in the tier strong enough to beat Blissey?

Heracross, but you dont need fighting types to beat blissey, any relatively strong physical attacker can 1hko/2hko her, taunt users like sableye and crobat can shit on her too, alakazam can either taunt her or setup on her with calm mind and psyshock, reuniclus laughs at her, hydreigon can lure her with superpower and 2hko, also gallade has 125 attack so idk how its not ''strong enough'' lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)