Playoffs Smogon Tour 17 Playoffs - Finals [Won by M Dragon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats m dragon on the trophy!!! be thankful you dont have to face the better player

LOL he thinks he had dpp won 100% (and even if he did him choking it away somehow makes him deserving??) how fucking stupid can you be jesus christ the food shortage must be really bad this time of year

"the miss was obvious" lol he had you beat without a shadow of a doubt if he didnt miss and it was only his 3rd time using it?? kill yourself

Last edited:
lol have no worries masterclass im here to honor u

Edit: the fact is i dont fucking give a fuck about the XY, man he used like 3 focus blast so the miss was obv, then without my stone edge miss on azu, i had won it 100% cause it die with SS, so don't be like im a (BAN ME PLEASE). especially when i choked the DPP one while i had won it 100%. cya

HeIIraiser

tough like igglybuff
"If Iron Barbs causes both the user and the attacker to faint, then the attacker will faint first."
Yeah, I've tested it on 3DS too and Ferrothorn's user wins, no doubt about it.

However, as far as I know, XY OU does not follow 3DS' rules (Im sorry if it does, but I've searched about it and couldn't find this written anywhere).
It is a tie in Pokemon Showdown for XY OU's mechanics.
So why isn't it a tie in this tournament too, if the simulator the tournament follows says it is a legit tie?

People might say it's a "glitch", but "glitches" are just part of the XY OU's metagame.
In Shoddy times, people abused Sleep Powder + Spikes Roserade and I've myself abused HP Fire 350 Speed' Latios in many SPL battles.
And this is all fine, because if you can do it, it means they are part of the Tier.
What is or not a "glitch" is very subjective when there is nothing written about it, so I believe this semifinals' XY OU game should be a tie.

It's also written in the thread that "the tiers for each metagame are locked at the time of this post".
So if it isn't written anywhere about XY OU "following 3DS rules" or covering "who is the winner in each of the Tie game's possibilities" by the time of the post, then the XY OU game of the series should be a tie as Pokemon Showdown says it is.

(...)

@About glitches:

link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tournament-rules-and-general-guidelines.3486049/

------

tl;dr: Bloo x Leftiez' XY OU game is a Tie.

Last edited:
Since when your opponent doesn't deserve the win because you choked oO. That's some news. I was just wondering, what makes a win legitimate then ? When it's yours ? Now I remember why I don't like playing this game anymore. Some oversized ego make this game unplayable.

Since when your opponent doesn't deserve the win because you choked oO. That's some news. I was just wondering, what makes a win legitimate then ? When it's yours ? Now I remember why I don't like playing this game anymore. Some oversized ego make this game unplayable.
I didnt say he doesnt deserve the win, and i didnt say i deserves it too, i just said im not underserving it's not the same thing, bkc is just trying to make some hate on me, but anyways as i said i dont give a fuck, thx u bloo and i hope ur curse wont achieve u next season if ure still making it.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
"If Iron Barbs causes both the user and the attacker to faint, then the attacker will faint first."
Yeah, I've tested it on 3DS too and Ferrothorn's user wins, no doubt about it.

However, as far as I know, XY OU does not follow 3DS' rules (Im sorry if it does, but I've searched about it and couldn't find this written anywhere).
It is a tie in Pokemon Showdown for XY OU's mechanics.
So why isn't it a tie in this tournament too, if the simulator the tournament follows says it is a legit tie?

People might say it's a "glitch", but "glitches" are just part of the XY OU's metagame.
In Shoddy times, people abused Sleep Powder + Spikes Roserade and I've myself abused HP Fire 350 Speed' Latios in many SPL battles.
And this is all fine, because if you can do it, it means they are part of the Tier.
What is or not a "glitch" is very subjective when there is nothing written about it, so I believe this semifinals' XY OU game should be a tie.

It's also written in the thread that "the tiers for each metagame are locked at the time of this post".
So if it isn't written anywhere about XY OU "following 3DS rules" or covering "who is the winner in each of the Tie game's possibilities" by the time of the post, then the XY OU game of the series should be a tie as Pokemon Showdown says it is.

(...)

Simulators tend to follow the game mechanics pretty close to the game. Obv there are a couple of discrepancies, ex: ties on PS in XY when ties were taken out in the cartridge, but developers have other priorities for their simulators rather than fixing all of these cases (eg: DDoS defense strategy, UI, other generations, having personal lives) and we also have researchers that test how ingame mechanics work. Biosci tested this in the actual cartridge and the result the ingame cartridge revealed is how the game would've done this, so we follow the result of what the game says it would've been and we use that result.

Leftiez won, Iron Barbs KOs first in game. Proof(for those with a 3DS): 8DFG-WWWW-WWW7-QQW9

Goooo Leftiez *-* Still a great run Bloo, shame it had to end like that :(
Sometimes as a community, we make judgment calls on what does and doesn't count as game mechanics, but having the possibility of a game ending in a tie when the actual cartridge says there are no ties to any game is p dumb and we follow the cartridge for that.

LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ! LEFTIEZ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)